Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 204665 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112592 May 4, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to believe whatever liberal academic garbage you can find on the Internet.
It is a free country, just don't force your evolution religion in the schools, "Separation of Church and State"
The theory of evolution is not "liberal". It is apolitical. Why would you make such a foolish implication as that?

And evolution is not a religion, your garbage views are. There have been multiple court cases, one of the latest, the Dover trial, was overseen by a conservative judge. The creationists got their dream judge and they still lost.

Oh wait, he was not quite their dream judge. He was not a total idiot.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112593 May 4, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to believe whatever liberal academic garbage you can find on the Internet.
It is a free country, just don't force your evolution religion in the schools, "Separation of Church and State"
Well if that's REALLY the way you feel, then why don't you sue anybody who teaches evolution in school. You have that right.

See how far you get.

I love the smell of fried fundies in the morning.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112594 May 4, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Yes!! TRILLIONS of tons of water and rock WERE moved during the flood. Just look up your dictionary for the word CATASTROPHE. I would guess the Flood was, if anything, not only a physical purification, but also a spiritual cleansing of the Earth, to start anew again. And about you opinions, sure, you are entitled to them just like anyone else on this forum.
Yes, and this particular catastrophe would have wiped out everything on Earth. Noah's boat included.

That's not an opinion.

But don't worry, you can always rescue your stories with godmagic.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112595 May 4, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> I'm getting tired of the halitosis exuding from your skanky, stinky mouth, bro. Hoo boy!! That breath of yours is LETHAL!!
Who cares what you think.(shrug)
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112596 May 4, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> This where Creation trumps Evolution: In that NOT ONLY can it explain HOW life got here, BUT ALSO the WHY'S and WHEREFORE'S, too. You have EMOTIONS, right?? You laugh, you cry, you feel happy, sad, lonely, angry, peaceful, etc...Now let me ask you. How do things like emotions EVOLVE?? HOW is that possible?? You may think you came from apes, but I will always believe I was made in the image of God.
Then God is an ape.

Don't blame us. that's just the way He made it.(shrug)
HAPPY

Richmond, VA

#112598 May 5, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Happy!!!
One would think that to become happy is a goal should be pushed by those that know happiness is...
Is part in all things that is True and so how about healing how we dare speak of it?
Is that too much connected with the SS ?
Maybe they should vaporize our atmosphere with some good ole Fashioned Skunk weed LOL...
Smelled one last Night...
To have smelled it once maybe is enough Happy yes and Truth
Pyramids? Is there anything written yet in it's truth to how they really were built??
HI Tinka! The pyramids may have been formned on sight. The masons may have used a secret tecnique of hydrating crushed fine lime to produce low air content in the kiln above 8000 psi for the mass to form like rock. The Bible mentions that slime of some sort was used in the building and mortar to make bricks in the first ones, and as the later ones advanced in Egypt the process may have improved. I don't use drugs, but the Eqyptian priests used drugs back in the days the pyramids were built, and they could only have came from South America,but that is whole new can of worms Go figure....

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#112599 May 5, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what you think.(shrug)
2 ways. Likewise. And who cares about yours.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#112600 May 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you can determine that the physical evidence of the fossil record, the genome, atavisms, biogeography, embryology, genetic algorithms, and so on, are merely religious artefacts, you will have a case.

In the meantime, thank God, our kids will have access to rational, empirical, critical science.

Level 6

Location hidden

#112601 May 5, 2014
HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>HI Tinka! The pyramids may have been formned on sight. The masons may have used a secret tecnique of hydrating crushed fine lime to produce low air content in the kiln above 8000 psi for the mass to form like rock. The Bible mentions that slime of some sort was used in the building and mortar to make bricks in the first ones, and as the later ones advanced in Egypt the process may have improved. I don't use drugs, but the Eqyptian priests used drugs back in the days the pyramids were built, and they could only have came from South America,but that is whole new can of worms Go figure....
You managed to write this without drugs?

I'm impressed.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#112602 May 5, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, so now you're calling ME a troll?? Ha!!Ha!!
Yep.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112604 May 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing Pal. You found a rock now you know the origin of life.
I am so happy for you
Not just one rock. Millions of fossils have been found. They all support the theory of evolution and not creationism. The biological evidence is even more compelling.

Anyone who disputes the theory of evolution is ignorant at best today. The professional disputers are lying fools. There are quite a few ignorant fools here. It is foolish to keep yourself ignorant when education is available.

Which do you prefer to be?

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#112605 May 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so happy for you
Hello ..its called Earth, where are you from?
HAPPY

Richmond, VA

#112606 May 6, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You managed to write this without drugs?
I'm impressed.
lOOK THIS UP FOR YOURSELF! There were step pyramids in Egypt and one of the earliest was in Memphis necropolis,Saggara. The high priest Djoser and his vizier imhotep were the heads of the priestly caste in that area.

Level 6

Location hidden

#112607 May 6, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so happy for you
Oh I get it. You are still confusing evolution with abiogenesis.
Strange how immune to learning creationists can be.

Nobody knows the origin of life.

Level 6

Location hidden

#112608 May 6, 2014
HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>lOOK THIS UP FOR YOURSELF! There were step pyramids in Egypt and one of the earliest was in Memphis necropolis,Saggara. The high priest Djoser and his vizier imhotep were the heads of the priestly caste in that area.
You crack me up. Yes, I know about the step pyramids; I saw the pictures when I was seven years old just like you and probably everyone on the planet not living in a mud hut

However, this is the part that makes me suspect you smoke too much weed:

"the masons may have used a secret technique of hydrating crushed fine lime to produce low air content in the kiln above 8000 psi for the mass to form like rock. "

Yeah, right.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112609 May 6, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> 2 ways. Likewise. And who cares about yours.
Bye then.
Charles Idemi wrote:

I am so happy for you
Hey 7T, you said you were gonna refute us. So far you've failed miserably. What's up, bub?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112610 May 6, 2014
Whoops, that second quote belonged to SevenTee, not Chuck. Darn you no edit function.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112611 May 6, 2014
The Dude wrote:
Whoops, that second quote belonged to SevenTee, not Chuck. Darn you no edit function.
Do you really think it matters? You''re as likely to get a relevant response from 7T if you wrote your post on a McDonald's napkin and left it under your car seat.
Which reminds me...
Hey, 70 - did you find your biblical entry where Noah was mocked and invited the neighbor kids aboard, yet?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#112612 May 6, 2014
HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>lOOK THIS UP FOR YOURSELF! There were step pyramids in Egypt and one of the earliest was in Memphis necropolis,Saggara. The high priest Djoser and his vizier imhotep were the heads of the priestly caste in that area.
BFD. This has nothing to do with your original post.

BTW, where have they discovered these huge kilns? And the drugs from South America?.

Pfft.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112613 May 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think it matters? You''re as likely to get a relevant response from 7T if you wrote your post on a McDonald's napkin and left it under your car seat.
Which reminds me...
Hey, 70 - did you find your biblical entry where Noah was mocked and invited the neighbor kids aboard, yet?
I would imagine that mothers back then used to warn their children to stay away from creepy men with windowless arks offering them candy...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 min Calisportsgirl 19,618
Word Association (Mar '10) 4 min Calisportsgirl 21,063
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 5 min DMan 16,015
Word Association. (Nov '10) 5 min Calisportsgirl 19,650
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 min DMan 33,120
One Word (Jan '09) 7 min Calisportsgirl 17,057
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Sublime1 197,234
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 23 min _Susan_ 8,770
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 54 min Knock off purse s... 584
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 59 min Sam 59,636