Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222738 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

spOko

Oakland, CA

#112519 May 2, 2014
Remember the flat-earth society going back to the 1800s? Same thing, they dismissed science and quoted the bible - stop it already ye morons!

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112520 May 2, 2014
spOko wrote:
Remember the flat-earth society going back to the 1800s? Same thing, they dismissed science and quoted the bible - stop it already ye morons!
I believe they prefer to be referred to as Planoterrestrialists

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#112521 May 2, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Which may have which could have could appear long time scales flowing rocks and settling somethings.... Thank you for being concise about your evidence for a mythical event.
Are you trying to say that the mountain ranges were lifted to their present heights and ocean floors settled to their current depths after the (mythical) flood? You obviously don't understand that amount of geologic upheaval within the "long time scale" of recorded history would be several orders of magnitude more catastrophic than the (mythical) flood itself.
Ironically (and no, I have not done calculations to support this notion), such a massive amount of tectonic activity would likely have boiled off the oceans, and 'pressure-cooked' any remaining life that the Flood itself had missed.

The surface of the earth would STILL be molten!

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#112522 May 2, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>The earthquakes which may have occurred could have caused the rocks to flow and the settling afterwards could appear to have taken long time scales.
The earthquake rose the water in your head , and caused a flood ring around the top of the inside of your skull. that's how you know there was a flood.
THE LONE WORKER

Tucker, GA

#112523 May 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The earthquake rose the water , and caused a flood.. that's how you know there was a flood.
Man, did all that come out of your head?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#112524 May 2, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Man, did all that come out of your head?
No but it's all inside yours, ring and all.
Drink some Wisk and jump up and down, then gargle with tap water.
The flood ring will magically disappear
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112525 May 2, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just the parts that are wrong.
How about you? Do you believe in ALL of the Bible?
I bet that you don't.
No, I don't agree with all of the Bible. But, then again, you don't disagree with all of the Bible either, so we're at a stalemate on that one. But I believe that the Good Book overall, has got it pretty much spot on. As a whole, it's cool with me.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112526 May 2, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe the Earth to be flat.
You believe that you can change the color of the young of sheep by having them mate in front of striped sticks.
You believe that leprosy can be cured with dove's blood.
You believe that it is a sin to eat shellfish.
You believe that it is a sin to wear polyester.
Or are you just being a hypocrite again?
Maybe you're right. But then, you cannot say that you yourself have never been a hypocrite.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112527 May 2, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad that you have t mischaracterize what the Big Bang was. It was not an explosion. By lying about what it was you are essentially conceding the argument that the Big Bang happened.
What is your definition of the BB??

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112528 May 2, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> What is your definition of the BB??
It was the sudden expansion of the universe and is as far back as we can project.

Right now.

What do you think the Big Bang was?
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112529 May 2, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Then try not to be a lying a-hole when debating against it.
Or is that too big of a stretch for you?
I'm not lying. The truth is that it NEVER happened, so there is nothing to debate over. Period!!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112530 May 2, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you're right. But then, you cannot say that you yourself have never been a hypocrite.
I have not been a hypocrite to the degree that creationists have.

I do not try to force idiocy upon others.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112531 May 2, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> No, I don't agree with all of the Bible. But, then again, you don't disagree with all of the Bible either, so we're at a stalemate on that one. But I believe that the Good Book overall, has got it pretty much spot on. As a whole, it's cool with me.
But creationists commonly try to claim that the Bible is flawless. Seriously when all of the evidence is against your beliefs why would you follow those beliefs?
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112532 May 3, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, most atheists aren't into those faults. At least not to the extent that Christians are.
Perhaps you need some magic book to keep yourself in check, we don't feel that need.
Well, if you have kids of your own, wouldn't you steer them in the right direction as they grow up?? THEN, when they reach an age (usually from the age of 18 upwards) where THEY can decide what's right/wrong for them, you can let them go and do as they like. But for Xians like myself, I go by what the Bible says for the rest of my life.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112533 May 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No we don't agree, you believe your spirit can have eternal life.
I said life can continue on, though we die our children can carry on.
There is no such thing as eternal life, that's your fantasy. It's not supported by anything other than a set of beliefs that require faith, not evidence to exist.
So, are you saying that everything ends in death?? Because if you are, then your ToE does not hold any justification as to the ULTIMATE purpose what of human life means on this Earth and in this universe. The ULTIMATE purpose BEING........to please OUR CREATOR. ALL things were MADE BY Him and FOR Him - John 1:3.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112534 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, if you have kids of your own, wouldn't you steer them in the right direction as they grow up?? THEN, when they reach an age (usually from the age of 18 upwards) where THEY can decide what's right/wrong for them, you can let them go and do as they like. But for Xians like myself, I go by what the Bible says for the rest of my life.
But evolution has no say about whether Christianity is right or wrong. Most Christians worldwide accept the theory of evolution. Evolution only tells us that the book of Genesis was a myth, but we already knew that before the theory of evolution was written.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112535 May 3, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> So, are you saying that everything ends in death?? Because if you are, then your ToE does not hold any justification as to the ULTIMATE purpose what of human life means on this Earth and in this universe. The ULTIMATE purpose BEING........to please OUR CREATOR. ALL things were MADE BY Him and FOR Him - John 1:3.
Why are you trying to give the theory of evolution such power? It is not concerned with the purpose of life. It only explains how life got to the state that it is in now.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112536 May 3, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Death is the result of wearing out , or accident. Inevitability is the reason nothing can last forever. Not a human body, nor any source of energy. The whole biosphere preys upon itself
and for the most part in order for something to live, something must die.
The idea that death is because of mans disobedience to god is silly and a lie.
Little fish dies because of disobedience, ha ha ha. Little fish lives because of disobedience
would better describe what we see. You have the mentality of a totally brain washed bible nut.
Big fish dies for obeying god.....bites the hook.
"...for the most part, in order for something to live, something must die......". WELL.......HE (CHRIST) DIED, that WE may LIVE!! Are you SURE you're on the right side of this debate??
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112537 May 3, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The only probe you have is all the evidence.
I don't believe in the color green.
What evidence??
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112538 May 3, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you can provide some physical evidence that it did not happen, while also explaining away the physical evidence that it did, rational people will take notice.
Otherwise the obvious answer will be assumed, and that is, you do not believe it because you do not want to, and you do not want to because you think accepting a non-biblical account will threaten your fantasy bribe of eternal life.
Evo: "No, I don't believe Creation ever happened". Creo: As soon as you can provide some physical evidence that it did not happen while also explaining away the physical evidence that it did, rational people will take notice. Ha!!Ha!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 min Goku Black 27,307
True False Game (Jun '11) 9 min Geno 15,563
Things That Are Solid,... 30 min Rosa 133
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Weird 223,335
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 1 hr Humor 13,168
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 2 hr Crazy Jae 871
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 2 hr wichita-rick 2,557
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr Crazy Jae 6,038
More from around the web