Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#112296 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Read 2 Cor 4:18, Dude. What does it say??
Some would call it Ignorance...Ignorance to both the seen and unseen for what is not seen surely can be felt?

Then to who or which Salvation sense?
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112297 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want me to experience hell, seriously, take me upstairs with you fundies.
I believe you will see and experience Heaven one day. You would NEVER want to know what the REAL HELL is like, and I would NEVER want to wish it upon you, either.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#112298 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well I still say Noah and his ark and his family are the reason why we are here today.
Yeah and Animals...
Wonder which one they ate first on their travel...:)
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112299 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that not one of you fundies have been able to refute it.
Bollix.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#112300 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well I still say Noah and his ark and his family are the reason why we are here today.
You'd be ignorant like that.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112302 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Bub, there's PLENTY of you fundies and creationists on here. More than enough for you all to face off against us "mean old evos". So feel free to band together and become an unbeatable creationist team!
Thanx 4 the encouragement!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112303 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not have the authority to send us to hell, nor the knowledge to know that that is where we're headed. You're just another fundie with a monumentally huge ego who thinks he's God's favourite so God will give you the revenge you desire against all the non-believers who DARE to have a different opinion.
Fair enough, Dude.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112304 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We know as much as you in that regard. You don't have special access to any extra special information that we don't. You're just another preacher with an over-inflated sense of their own importance.
I do have acces to extra special info. It's a 3000-year-old book called the BIBLE.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112305 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
In all the places you don't wanna look.
Feel free to get an education. It's your choice.
O-kay.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112306 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe will eventually die. Therefore your objections here are moot.
And who says any external force (if there is any) has to be a "who"?
There. You said it yourself -(you believe) "The universe will eventually die". See?? Your Theory (of Evolution) says everything will end up DYING. But JESUS came to CONQUER DEATH!! The WHO is an INTELLIGENT BEING (as in an Intelligent Designer). Regarding your salvation, it's never too late to change, my friend.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112307 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I never realised the entirety of the theory of evolution was dependent upon this one atheist on youtube called Matt Dillahunty.
Whoever the heck he is.
Don't be like Matt.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112308 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So then life is what you make it. Stop worrying about what happens after you bite the big one.(shrug)
Sure!! Go ahead and live a SINFUL LIFE!! Everythings gonna be alright!! Ther's NO such animal called GOD!! Here, have some more drugs and alcohol!! Get into SEX, SEX, SEX!!!!! WOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!! What a WILD RIDE!!!!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112309 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen carefully - we don't CARE what you believe. We're only interested in what you can demonstrate. So far that ain't much.
As if we CARE what YOU believe?? Hmmmph!!
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#112310 Apr 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Your head?
That is as good of a guess as any
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112311 Apr 27, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to. Look at the evidence objectively. Attempt to understand what it says and means. Look at the basic laws of physics and attempt to understand them and how they apply to these questions. Look at the evidence that they do, in fact, work.
I would bet you cannot say what the Big Bang theory actually says, or what the theory of evolution actually says, or for that matter, what the second law of thermodynamics actually says. The reason is that you ultimately don't care about the truth: you care about whether people agree with you. You care whether they accept the basis of your hopes and fears.
We can look at the evidence and show that species do change over time. That *is* evolution. We can look into the universe and show it is expanding and that it was once much hotter and denser than it is today. That *is* the Big Bang scenario.
What you cannot do is show that your particular beliefs about a deity are any more accurate than anyone else's beliefs about their deities. You cannot show that Yahweh is any less of a myth than Thor.
Regarding the Big Bang Theory, how can ORDER, ORGANIZATION, FORM and FUNCTION come from an EXPLOSION?? The whole idea of the BBT is a barefaced LIE. Evolution: tiny little incremental changes over MILLIONS and BILLIONS of years. Yeah, right. 2nd Law of T/dynamics says everything DETERIORATES (loses energy, becomes more disorderly, and basically ROTS over time). Isn't that's what is happening?? Yeah, you are right about the universe:It was once in a HIGHER STATE (more heat, for instance) and is NOW in a LOWER STATE (less heat), so you are actually CONFIRMING what the Creos are saying. AND as for Yahweh, I put ALL my BETS on HIM (GUARANTEED TO WIN!!).
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112312 Apr 27, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the book. it reads like many other books from that time period: a mixture of propaganda and superstition. It is not fundamentally different than the myths of the Iliad or of the founding of Rome.
Well the Book is never wrong. I stick by it. The Gematria (numerical values of letters and words) in the Bible is nothing short of AMAZING. It could only have been written by a being with awesome intelligence.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112313 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, there were no mountains before the flood. That's why it's pointless saying things like "How could the Noahic Flood produce enough water to cover the world's highest mountain (Mount Everest)??" It DID NOT HAPPEN because there WAS NO Mt. Everest back then!! The FLOOD actually CAUSED MOUNTAINS to be formed LATER ON (the upheaval of the Earth). The Earth was relatively flat (level) back then. By "flat", I DON'T mean a FLAT EARTH, I mean it was flat AROUND the Earth (the Earth, as you and I know, is a sphere - Isaiah 40:22).
Sorry but the writers of that verse were writing about a Flat Earth. The specific word used was the old Hebrew word for a circle, to be even more precise it was the word for an inscribed circles the kind you would make with a compass. Since you probably failed geometry I probably need to tell you that circles are flat, they are not spheres. And there was a perfectly good Hebrew word they could have used, in fact it was used by the writer of that particular book elsewhere, that meant would definitely show they meant that the Earth was a sphere.

That particular verse shows the writer thought the Earth was Flat, not spherical.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112314 Apr 27, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I know you don't have answers. You don't even have any questions. It is more the sad for you, but you don't even understand that.
You are under the impression that evolution is supported by atheists and that atheists have never read the Bible.
You are wrong on both counts, not that the truth will sway you.
You are the WRONG type of Christian. You know what God says about luke warm believers (Revelation 3:16).

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112315 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well the Book is never wrong. I stick by it. The Gematria (numerical values of letters and words) in the Bible is nothing short of AMAZING. It could only have been written by a being with awesome intelligence.
So you believe the Earth to be flat.

You believe that you can change the color of the young of sheep by having them mate in front of striped sticks.

You believe that leprosy can be cured with dove's blood.

You believe that it is a sin to eat shellfish.

You believe that it is a sin to wear polyester.

Or are you just being a hypocrite again?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112316 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Regarding the Big Bang Theory, how can ORDER, ORGANIZATION, FORM and FUNCTION come from an EXPLOSION?? The whole idea of the BBT is a barefaced LIE. Evolution: tiny little incremental changes over MILLIONS and BILLIONS of years. Yeah, right. 2nd Law of T/dynamics says everything DETERIORATES (loses energy, becomes more disorderly, and basically ROTS over time). Isn't that's what is happening?? Yeah, you are right about the universe:It was once in a HIGHER STATE (more heat, for instance) and is NOW in a LOWER STATE (less heat), so you are actually CONFIRMING what the Creos are saying. AND as for Yahweh, I put ALL my BETS on HIM (GUARANTEED TO WIN!!).
It is sad that you have t mischaracterize what the Big Bang was. It was not an explosion. By lying about what it was you are essentially conceding the argument that the Big Bang happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New trolls on the block club (Mar '11) 11 min Francis Ford Coppola 951
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 14 min wichita-rick 20,034
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 19 min I Am Enzo - The B... 5,553
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 25 min Princess Hey 113
Alphabetical ways to die (Jul '11) 32 min SimplyLoveYou 10,450
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 51 min Princess Hey 146,942
I Like..... (Mar '14) 1 hr Princess Hey 256
10-Year-Old Goldfish Undergoes Brain Surgery 2 hr charADE Modcvnt X... 25
Woman commits suicide by crocodile 2 hr wichita-rick 9
•••