Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#112233 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Admit it. It's worse.
Really its worse, try reading some history books of what is was like in the 1890-1930's in U.S. cities, books not the movie version.

try reading Sinclair lewis The Jungle
or read about how coal miners lived back then
or how the rail crews lived building America's rail network form the 1850-1930's

ver hear of the term ROBBER BARON'S, Carnegie and his co-horts earned those names for a reason

try reading how the Irish were treated upon their arrival to America in the late 1840-1850 trying to escape the potato famine
What_time_is_it

Allentown, PA

#112234 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, thank you!! Have a GREAT DAY, and God Bless you!!
You're welcome, and may you have a great day too!
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112235 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Then maybe scientists should reinvestigate alchemy. You'll never know what they may find.
No, YOU should. You're the one who thinks it's valid. Problem is creo's want everyone else to do all their homework for them.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112236 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Entropy is DETRIMENTAL to the universe and the human race. Entropy means an INCREASE in DISORGANIZATION. Things turn to shit, in other words.
Yes, but an increase in political or cultural corruption requires organisation. That's why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
NOISY TOILET wrote:
How can entropy possibly be GOOD for anything or anyone??
Well for one thing, you wouldn't be able to digest anything without it.
NOISY TOILET wrote:
Also, regarding your negation of Creationism as a plausible theory, that negation to me, is just fucking FLAPDOODLE. Now go back to reading your Penthouse magazine. Jeez.
Doesn't matter if you think my rejection of it is flapdoodle. Fact is creationism HAS no theory, at least no theory in a scientific sense. That's why it's rejected as being relevant at all to science.

That doesn't necessarily mean creationism isn't true, it just means that creationism isn't demonstrable.

Unless that is, you can make the idea of invisible magic Jew wizards pass the scientific method.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112237 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> WOW!! You sure know how to rant. I try to think LONG TERM (as Christians should). But you Evos think SHORT TERM. And WHEN (not IF, but WHEN) Judgment Day arrives, don't say I didn't warn you!! Us Christians extend our collective hand out to you unbelievers, to bring you to the TRUTH because the time is running SHORT. Take the opportunity while you still can. God bless you.
It wasn't a rant. Rants tend to be irrational emotional ramblings that make little sense. My post was a thorough and thought out response to your post. And actually since most creationists are young Earthers I'd say "evolutionists" think more long term than you do. For in the long term, education is a good thing.

As for your threats of eternal damnation, remember to take heed of the warnings of Odin, lest you find yourself being at the mercy of Thor's Hammer in Valhalla, as he uses you for target practice for eternity. Don't say I didn't warn ya!
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112238 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Everything to you Evos has to have scientific PROOF in order for you to believe it exists. That's what I call MATERIALISTIC THINKING. It has to be CONCRETE, it has to be TANGIBLE, blah blah blah. Well God is ABOVE all that shit. Oh sure, you can live your hedonistic, self-serving, materialistic, narcissistic lifestyles, but that kind of thing will NEVER outdo TRUE, SELFLESS LOVE. Remember what the Bible says: 2 Corinthians 4:18.
Yes, science deals with the material. It does not work on the immaterial. But "materialistic thinking" is only required for when using science. Once you take a break from using science there's nothing wrong with going with all the "immaterial" fuzzy wuzzy feelings as much as you like.(shrug)
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112239 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> My faith is not weak. I base my faith on what the Good Book says. If it says He turned water into wine, why should I as a believer, refute that?? Genesis was SO NOT pure myth!! Many scientists, theologians, historians, archaeologists etc...will tell you that the events and the people in the very first book of the Bible DID exist!!
Except for Adam and Eve, global flood, oh, and so far there's no evidence that Herod ordered the deaths of all those babies yet.

Remember, I already explained to you why evidence doesn't matter to creationism anyway,.
Old Guy

Napa, CA

#112240 Apr 26, 2014
This is for polymath257. You come recommended by “Dude” as the resident expert on matters relating to the origin of the universe. I am what “Dude” refers to as a “fundie” but my interest is not in proving any science wrong. If you can help me understand some things, that would be great.

I have read Hawking & Mlodinow’s “Grand Design” as well as other “bits & pieces” here and there. The science is interesting, although the technical aspects of much of it are beyond my reach. I think I can understand broad concepts even if the details evade me.

Hawking and Moldinow indicate that because the law of gravity exists, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. The first mystery I would like to come to grips with is the concept of “nothing” as it relates to our expanding universe.

The following comes from an on-line source quoting New Scientist Magazine:

“People have lots of experiences with something they think is “nothing”, but it’s not real nothing…..It’s not true “nothing”…….not a true quantum vacuum. This means we can’t extrapolate from our experiences with….“nothings” to the “nothingness” of a quantum vacuum. So why is there something rather than nothing? Well, it looks like nothing just can’t last and will always boil over into something”,……..

The following comes from an on-line source quoting Frank Wilczek of MIT:

“You can form a state that has no quarks and antiquarks in it, and it’s totally unstable. It spontaneously starts producing quark-antiquark pairs. The perfect symmetry of nothingness is broken.”

Recent discoveries from the South Pole indicate the inflation concept of the big bang theory could be valid. If so, the universe expanded almost instantly. We know (at least this is my current understanding) that there is a boundary between our expanding universe and that into which the universe continues to expand. If it is true that a quantum vacuum cannot exist within our universe because it is unstable, then is science able to describe what lies beyond our universe?
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112241 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, HELLO!! Darwin was WRONG. I think he himself EVENTUALLY ADMITTED he was WRONG, not long before he died. THIS is the FATHER of EVOLUTIONARY THEORY!! At the end of his book,'On The Origin Of Species' he mentions the "Creator" BUT in subsequent copies of the book, this word (Creator) is mysteriously MISSING. Why??
Because you're lying, and your fellow fundies lied to you.

Isn't lying supposed to be against your religion? Apparently not.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112242 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> "billions of years" my foot. If you take the human population growth of the Earth starting from just eight people (Noah, his wife, their three sons and their wives) 4600 years ago, then EVEN if you factor in the DEATH COUNT (caused by wars, famine, disease, natural disasters etc...), you would have a human pop of about 7 - 7.5 billion people living on the planet today. BUT.......if you consider Evolution with it's "primates existing for HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of YEARS on the planet", the human pop on this planet would have EXPLODED out of control many, many millennia ago.
Actually you'd have a population count of ZERO.

You can't inbreed the entire family to extinction and subject them to temperatures of 10,000 degrees and expect them to survive.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112243 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> TRUE Christians don't accept the ToE. The ToE is just a myth and nothing more. Period.
Except for the fact we have demonstrated it.

Also many Christians DO accept evolution. You don't get to decide who isn't and who is a "true" Christian. You are not God.

You're a nobody whose opinion is not important,
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112244 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> It says in the Bible that GOD is a SPIRIT. Would you dare say HE lives in a dreamworld?? ESPECIALLY if and when you are standing RIGHT BEFORE HIM on J-Day?? I will feel deeply sorry for both you and any other non-believer on that day. MORE - MUCH MORE souls will be cast into the fiery furnace of HELL on that terrible day, than those who will enter through the pearly gates of Heaven. We're talking a percentage ratio of 99:1. FEW - VERY FEW souls will go to the GLORY of Heaven on that day. Will YOU be one of the chosen few?? I sincerely hope you will be!!
If you want me to experience hell, seriously, take me upstairs with you fundies.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112245 Apr 26, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
This is for polymath257. You come recommended by “Dude” as the resident expert on matters relating to the origin of the universe. I am what “Dude” refers to as a “fundie” but my interest is not in proving any science wrong.
Did I? That depends on how much you accept science I suppose.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112246 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Peepz like you will DENY anything is WRONG with your beloved theory. Busted long ago?? Or DENIED long ago?? Tell the truth, my friend.
The truth is that not one of you fundies have been able to refute it.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112247 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> I'll bottle your neck in a minute. AND....speaking of bottles, I'm just gonna finish this bottle of Coke Zero right now. You think too much.
Coke Zero? Oh man, that proves it.

You ARE Satan.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112248 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, wow. As if I'm gonna have a fit on the floor by what you say. Ha!! All you unbelievers wanna do is have a valid excuse to SIN. It's VERY EASY to be BAD, but it's an UPHILL CLIMB being good, and fighting for what's right (that's probably why all you Evos are ganging up on me on this thread). Oh sure.....You're all MACHO and BIG and TOUGH when you are in numbers. But you are TEENY WEENY little MICE when it comes to facing me ONE on ONE. Go away cowards.
Bub, there's PLENTY of you fundies and creationists on here. More than enough for you all to face off against us "mean old evos". So feel free to band together and become an unbeatable creationist team!
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112249 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Like I said, SZ, one of the convenient reasons why people like you reject God, is because you want to SIN. THEN you won't FEEL like a HYPOCRITE (such as what you're calling me). You are taking the path of LEAST RESISTANCE. But little do you know, that the EASY way you are taking WILL end up in deep shit in the end, i.e. you will be hurled down into the JAWS of HELL. Not worth it, mate.
You do not have the authority to send us to hell, nor the knowledge to know that that is where we're headed. You're just another fundie with a monumentally huge ego who thinks he's God's favourite so God will give you the revenge you desire against all the non-believers who DARE to have a different opinion.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112250 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Evolution is a LIE. From "Lucy" (that little chimp they found back in the early '70s, I think) to Earnst Haeckels drawings. One of the remains they found was NOT of a primate, but the tooth of an extinct pig. They will even do things like FILE DOWN TEETH in order to get the 'evidence' to 'fit' their theory!! I'll be darned.
Except it was OUR side who found those things you speak of to be mistakes or frauds. Therefore you should not even believe they are fraudulent in the first place because you don't even believe in the methods that falsified them.

This is why you're an uneducated hypocrite I'm afraid.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112251 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> You don't know what the consequences will be of what you are saying.
We know as much as you in that regard. You don't have special access to any extra special information that we don't. You're just another preacher with an over-inflated sense of their own importance.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#112252 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
Tell me, SZ, is it true that there are six ways of evolution but only one of them is true - microevolution?? I think microevolution is changes WITHIN a species. That's why you get different breeds of cat, dog, monkey, horse, cow etc. But a cat will always be a cat, and a dog will always be a dog (God made every animal after it's OWN KIND - read Genesis in the Bible). I haven't seen any half cat-half dogs walking around (LOL!!). If Evolution says there ARE interspecies-type life forms, where is any evidence of these transitional forms of life?? OR, if they USED to exist but are no longer existing, then WHERE is the FOSSIL EVIDENCE of them?? Just asking, SZ.
In all the places you don't wanna look.

Feel free to get an education. It's your choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 4 min Judy 123 5,170
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min SLY WEST 152,571
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 5 min Crystal_Clear722 9,237
Come on...Tell me a joke (Jan '08) 5 min Some Nutjob 7,125
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 7 min Crystal_Clear722 6,884
unjumble - jumble 6 letter words 9 min Crystal_Clear722 10
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 12 min Crystal_Clear722 7,643
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr andet1987 2,904
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 3 hr Will Dockery 24,144
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr -Persephone- 25,760