Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199525 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#112336 Apr 27, 2014
Would a God involved in the day to day operation of the cosmos created Negroes!!!!

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#112337 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. I believe the BB did NOT happen.
As soon as you can provide some physical evidence that it did not happen, while also explaining away the physical evidence that it did, rational people will take notice.

Otherwise the obvious answer will be assumed, and that is, you do not believe it because you do not want to, and you do not want to because you think accepting a non-biblical account will threaten your fantasy bribe of eternal life.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#112338 Apr 27, 2014
Walt Tonne wrote:
Would a God involved in the day to day operation of the cosmos created Negroes!!!!
Yeah, to give your MOMMA the satisfaction your little pink dicked daddy could never manage.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#112340 Apr 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody can prove any of that hogwash
That is at best an educated guess based on very little
Nice try ape worshiper
An educated guess is just that. The best information found to date is used to make that judgement. We know that prior to present man there existed other forms of man.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#112341 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well I still say Noah and his ark and his family are the reason why we are here today.

Not possible. On another forum we have developed 11 refutations for the global flood. Not one of which seems assailable. The genetics alone make it impossible. Why is there a genetic bottleneck at 72k years in humans but not one at 4,500 years?

Why is there not a universal genetic bottleneck in ALL species at 4,500 years?

Why is there no material evidence of a global flood, ever?

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#112342 Apr 27, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not possible. On another forum we have developed 11 refutations for the global flood. Not one of which seems assailable. The genetics alone make it impossible. Why is there a genetic bottleneck at 72k years in humans but not one at 4,500 years?
Why is there not a universal genetic bottleneck in ALL species at 4,500 years?
Why is there no material evidence of a global flood, ever?
I find it funny that people will take the stance that the bible says it so it is true. The Bible says many things but we select what we want to believe. The bible say to not suffer a witch to live. Are those same people calling for burning of witches? The Bible is the Jewish version of history and creation. It is true in many regards and false in many others. Just read Leviticus if you want to read some scary things suggested by the Bible. Many things carry the death sentence!
Old Guy

Napa, CA

#112343 Apr 27, 2014
Polymath257....you've thrown me a curve. Apparently I do not understand a concept I thought I did. let me do some reading and I will get back to you....thanks

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#112344 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, there were no mountains before the flood. That's why it's pointless saying things like "How could the Noahic Flood produce enough water to cover the world's highest mountain (Mount Everest)??" It DID NOT HAPPEN because there WAS NO Mt. Everest back then!! The FLOOD actually CAUSED MOUNTAINS to be formed LATER ON (the upheaval of the Earth). The Earth was relatively flat (level) back then. By "flat", I DON'T mean a FLAT EARTH, I mean it was flat AROUND the Earth (the Earth, as you and I know, is a sphere - Isaiah 40:22).

There were mountains before the mythological flood. The bible even references them. Mt. Everest is over 50 million years old (minimum).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#112345 Apr 27, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text> I find it funny that people will take the stance that the bible says it so it is true. The Bible says many things but we select what we want to believe. The bible say to not suffer a witch to live. Are those same people calling for burning of witches? The Bible is the Jewish version of history and creation. It is true in many regards and false in many others. Just read Leviticus if you want to read some scary things suggested by the Bible. Many things carry the death sentence!

I am aware of Leviticus. I am also aware the most Christians distance themselves from the OT based on some, rather weak, NT references (which of course conflict with what Jesus actually said on the matter).

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#112346 Apr 27, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
There were mountains before the mythological flood. The bible even references them. Mt. Everest is over 50 million years old (minimum).
Yes it mentions covering the highest mountains to a depth of 15 cubits .
Why do believers make it up as they go?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#112347 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Boys with last names like "Burpo" and "Malarkey"?? I think whoever wrote that article was being a troll.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colton_Burpo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boy_Who_Came...

Perhaps you should look into things before you call others a troll, troll.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#112348 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. I believe the BB did NOT happen.
Wrong.

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#112349 Apr 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
Polymath257....you've thrown me a curve. Apparently I do not understand a concept I thought I did. let me do some reading and I will get back to you....thanks
Pol is very good at that and he has such a wonderful way of explaining :)

“Denny Crain”

Level 8

Location hidden

#112350 Apr 27, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware of Leviticus. I am also aware the most Christians distance themselves from the OT based on some, rather weak, NT references (which of course conflict with what Jesus actually said on the matter).
Who knows what Jesus actually said? The books of the New Testament were written so long after his life. And what exactly is the NT ? Some books made the cut while many didn't. It is a political document with as much spin as modern day news. Look at poor Mary Magdalen labeled a whore. How does Mary the mother of Jesus take such a dominate roll in the Catholic church? She is barely mentioned in the NT. Old Constantine was a politician after all . I have more questions than answers

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#112352 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Regarding the Big Bang Theory, how can ORDER, ORGANIZATION, FORM and FUNCTION come from an EXPLOSION??
Since that isn't what the Big Bang theory claims, there is no issue.
The whole idea of the BBT is a barefaced LIE. Evolution: tiny little incremental changes over MILLIONS and BILLIONS of years.
The BBT is about cosmology. Evolution is about biology. Totally different subjects. Evolution, as far as we know, is limited to the Earth: it is the only place we *know* there is life.
Yeah, right. 2nd Law of T/dynamics says everything DETERIORATES (loses energy, becomes more disorderly, and basically ROTS over time). Isn't that's what is happening??
That isn't what the SLoT actually says. It is a poor description of a simplification of the SLoT. In actuality, it is quite possible (even common) for complexity and order to be driven by entropy concerns. For example, the separation of oil and water is an increase of order that is consistent with SLoT. So is the formation of a crystal from a solution. Both represent increases of order and not a 'deterioration'(which is not even mentions in SLoT).
Yeah, you are right about the universe:It was once in a HIGHER STATE (more heat, for instance) and is NOW in a LOWER STATE (less heat), so you are actually CONFIRMING what the Creos are saying. AND as for Yahweh, I put ALL my BETS on HIM (GUARANTEED TO WIN!!).
NO deities are required to understand the universe.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#112353 Apr 27, 2014
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>Who knows what Jesus actually said? The books of the New Testament were written so long after his life. And what exactly is the NT ? Some books made the cut while many didn't. It is a political document with as much spin as modern day news. Look at poor Mary Magdalen labeled a whore. How does Mary the mother of Jesus take such a dominate roll in the Catholic church? She is barely mentioned in the NT. Old Constantine was a politician after all . I have more questions than answers
If you look at the only surviving works to Constantine's conquest of Rome , it sheds doubt that he was even a believer in Christ at that point. Which means the whole story of him and his revelation from god is a carefully made up story he weaved to put a spin on his followers and solidify the Empire. He was a pagan and you will find no reference of his revelation from god on this work he constructed. If that story were true it should have been on this arch.

http://sights.seindal.dk/img/orig/8168.jpg

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#112354 Apr 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
Be careful of popular descriptions. They tend to be simplified to the point of misrepresentation. Like I said, your misunderstanding is incredibly common and probably to be expected. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112355 Apr 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it mentions covering the highest mountains to a depth of 15 cubits .
Why do believers make it up as they go?
Maybe it's because they just have to, or maybe because it's a 3,000 year old tradition.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#112356 Apr 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody can prove any of that hogwash
That is at best an educated guess based on very little
Nice try ape worshiper
Nothing except actual data and application of the known laws of physics and chemistry. Nothing except for remains showing the progression and timing of the changes.

Clearly, you have a problem with acknowledging you are an animal and even an ape:

1) Are you made of complex cells with internal organelles? If so, you are a eucaryote.

2) Do your cells have membranes made of lipids rather than walls made from glucosides and are they surrounded by an extracellular matrix composed of collagen and glycoproteins? Then you are an Animal.

3) During embry development, does the blastopore (the first opening) become the anus? Then you are a Deuterostome.

4) Do you have a head, backbone, brain, red blood cells, and kidneys? Then you are a Vertebrate.

5) Are air-breathing, have hair, three ear bones, sweat glands, the ability to regulate internal temperature and specialized teeth? Then you are a Mammal.

6) Do you lack an epi-pubic bone and do females like you have a uterus which produces a placenta during pregnancy? Then you are a placental Mammal.

7) Do you have a collar bone, opposable fingers, a flat nail on fingers and toes, eye sockets made from bone, stereoscopic vision, an enlarged cerebral cortex? Then you are a Primate.

8) Are you tail-less with a narrow nose and downward pointed nostrils, broad rib cage, a fused frontal bone, convoluted cerebral hemispheres, a large brain for his size of mammal, color vision, a lack of tail, and a lack of cheek pouches? Then you are an Ape.

So, yes, if you are human, then you *are* an ape.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112357 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, there were no mountains before the flood. That's why it's pointless saying things like "How could the Noahic Flood produce enough water to cover the world's highest mountain (Mount Everest)??" It DID NOT HAPPEN because there WAS NO Mt. Everest back then!! The FLOOD actually CAUSED MOUNTAINS to be formed LATER ON (the upheaval of the Earth). The Earth was relatively flat (level) back then. By "flat", I DON'T mean a FLAT EARTH, I mean it was flat AROUND the Earth (the Earth, as you and I know, is a sphere - Isaiah 40:22).
I'm not very Bible-literate so excuse me if I'm wrong, but didn't it say somewhere that the flood 'covered the highest mountain tops'?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min grace-fallen 192,992
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 37 min wichita-rick 3,249
One Word (Jan '09) 51 min Mega Monster 16,337
Word Association (Jun '10) 51 min Mega Monster 30,687
News Weird 8 mins ago 6:12 p.m.Naked man jumps from ... 1 hr Fundies R Mentall... 3
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr andet1987 35,252
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 1 hr SUG here 3,001
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr A Noisy Bar In Av... 7,402
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 145,500
human sexuality topic ? 2 hr GGG 3
More from around the web