Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
106,301 - 106,320 of 115,247 Comments Last updated 33 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112134 Apr 25, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Everything to you Evos has to have scientific PROOF in order for you to believe it exists. That's what I call MATERIALISTIC THINKING. It has to be CONCRETE, it has to be TANGIBLE, blah blah blah. Well God is ABOVE all that shit. Oh sure, you can live your hedonistic, self-serving, materialistic, narcissistic lifestyles, but that kind of thing will NEVER outdo TRUE, SELFLESS LOVE. Remember what the Bible says: 2 Corinthians 4:18.
You cannot use a terribly flawed book to prove that terribly flawed book.

The Bible has hundreds of self contradictions, it has bad morals, failed prophecies, and terrible science.

No one believes all of the Bible except for a psychopath or two.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112135 Apr 25, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just simply false. The evidence we have shows that species change over time. This is indisputable given that the species from 1 million years ago are different than those today, and are different than those from 10 million years ago, etc. And the fact that species change over time *is* evolution. The data for this is solid.
<quoted text>
This is a misunderstanding of what evolutionary biology actually says. There is no 'upward' versus 'downward'. There *is* change and adaptation to changing environments leading to new species.
<quoted text>
And that is NOT what the evidence actually shows.
<quoted text>
Wrong. Entropy increases in closed systems. It may well increase in open systems. Also, entropy is only very loosely connected with 'order' or deterioration.
<quoted text>
I think you are also wrong here. There is more information about the corruption now than there was before, but that is because technology allows for the collection of that information. Politics has *always* been corrupt and based on selfishness. if you go back to the Roman empire, you see selfishness, corruption and wickedness. It is a constant of human society. Some places and times do a bit better; some do a bit worse. We are probably better in many ways that what existed 500 years ago.
Oh, yeah. TIME is the GREAT HERO for you Evos. "It may not occur in a hundred, or a thousand, or even a million years, BUT if you give it a few ZILLION years, it WILL HAPPEN!!" TIME - the GREAT HERO of you Evos. Entropy INCREASES in closed systems. Yeah, well the UNIVERSE is a CLOSED SYSTEM. Also, we are WORSE - WAY worse - than we were hundreds of years ago.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112136 Apr 25, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you believe that Jesus did a couple of thousands of years ago.
Why is your faith so weak? Why do you need magic to make it true? If Jesus' message was true it did not matter whether he used magic to sell it. In fact it would be better if Jesus did not use magic to sell his message. Magic tricks please those who are fooled by them. That is not the important part of the Bible.
But let's forget about your misunderstanding of the New Testament for now. Let's work on the past. In fact I am only going to concentrate on Genesis for now. You do realize that science has shown all of that to be pure myth, don't you?
My faith is not weak. I base my faith on what the Good Book says. If it says He turned water into wine, why should I as a believer, refute that?? Genesis was SO NOT pure myth!! Many scientists, theologians, historians, archaeologists etc...will tell you that the events and the people in the very first book of the Bible DID exist!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112137 Apr 25, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it only takes more "Faith" for the ignorant and uneducated.
And you do not understand entropy. Even the fools at Answers in Genesis will tell you that the entropy argument is not valid. An people have been claiming that people are more wicked since the days of the Greeks.
Lastly I have more than my opinion, I have facts and evidence. Sadly you have only a book written by a group of nomadic sheep herders so ignorant that they had to be told it was a sin to have sex with their flock. Most people would have figured that out on their own.
Well the Book worx 4 me, my man!!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112138 Apr 25, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> My faith is not weak. I base my faith on what the Good Book says. If it says He turned water into wine, why should I as a believer, refute that?? Genesis was SO NOT pure myth!! Many scientists, theologians, historians, archaeologists etc...will tell you that the events and the people in the very first book of the Bible DID exist!!
Off course your faith is weak. Only the weak in faith have your attitude. People with strong faith can accept reality and don't go off the deep end when confronted with it.

Genesis has been shown to be a book of myth. Only a handful of scientists believe that nonsense. When it comes to biologists and geologist over 99% will tell you that Genesis just a myth and nothing more. Biblical scholars can show you the religious stories that the writers of Genesis got their ideas from.

Most Christians accept the theory of evolution. The weak in faith can't.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112139 Apr 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You are wrong. They could imply horse races, but they don't. I have twisted nothing. It is your desperation that twists it. The book is about evolution and the origin of species. It doesn't mention evolution of people much or at all and goes into no detail about one or more human races being favored over others. Again you avoid the fact that the science is solid. Darwin did what hadn't been done before. He offered the mechanism of evolution in natural selection. The book is about all the evidence to support that.
Well, HELLO!! Darwin was WRONG. I think he himself EVENTUALLY ADMITTED he was WRONG, not long before he died. THIS is the FATHER of EVOLUTIONARY THEORY!! At the end of his book,'On The Origin Of Species' he mentions the "Creator" BUT in subsequent copies of the book, this word (Creator) is mysteriously MISSING. Why??

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112140 Apr 25, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well the Book worx 4 me, my man!!
Fine, but that is not evidence.

There are all sorts of evil people that need something stronger than reason to guide them. For them the Bible is a good thing. There are also many people that do not need a book of myth to know the difference between right and wrong. If you could not act right without the Bible then be all means keep it.

Just remember that we can show you how you are wrong when it comes to scientific claims. Of course you might have to learn some real science to see how you are wrong.

How much math have you taken? You do know that understanding math is necessary for understanding science, I hope.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#112141 Apr 25, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Everything to you Evos has to have scientific PROOF in order for you to believe it exists. That's what I call MATERIALISTIC THINKING. It has to be CONCRETE, it has to be TANGIBLE, blah blah blah. Well God is ABOVE all that shit. Oh sure, you can live your hedonistic, self-serving, materialistic, narcissistic lifestyles, but that kind of thing will NEVER outdo TRUE, SELFLESS LOVE. Remember what the Bible says: 2 Corinthians 4:18.
As opposed to what?
Living in a fantasy?
Believing in a dream world?
Playing the court jester and being Captain of the ship of fools?

Sure urinal , at least you're good for something!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112142 Apr 25, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, HELLO!! Darwin was WRONG. I think he himself EVENTUALLY ADMITTED he was WRONG, not long before he died. THIS is the FATHER of EVOLUTIONARY THEORY!! At the end of his book,'On The Origin Of Species' he mentions the "Creator" BUT in subsequent copies of the book, this word (Creator) is mysteriously MISSING. Why??
Nope, that was a lie about Darwin that was busted long ago.

You really are new to this aren't you? You spout all of the oldest PRATT's that only a newb or How's That for Stupid would post.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112143 Apr 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Attacking me won't change reality, but it is amusing to watch you try. Science doesn't support special creation. Geology sets the age of the earth back billions of years. Genetics and evolution show that humans were not derived from a single pair 6000 years ago. Anatomy and biology show that while evolution is a great process it only works with what it has and many biological processes and structures are not ideal. Our own eye for instance has a bad design. The nerves and blood vessels are in front of the retina, leaving a blind spot so that our brain has to filter out the distortion. Paleontolgy shows the development of many from primate ancestors. Cytogenetics and molecular biology show the relatedness of man to our nearest relatives through chromosomes, homology of genes, and ERV's.
You may want to rethink your position while removing my left shoe from your ass.
"billions of years" my foot. If you take the human population growth of the Earth starting from just eight people (Noah, his wife, their three sons and their wives) 4600 years ago, then EVEN if you factor in the DEATH COUNT (caused by wars, famine, disease, natural disasters etc...), you would have a human pop of about 7 - 7.5 billion people living on the planet today. BUT.......if you consider Evolution with it's "primates existing for HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of YEARS on the planet", the human pop on this planet would have EXPLODED out of control many, many millennia ago.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112144 Apr 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Opinion supported by facts and apparently a clean bill of mental health.
Hokey Dokey, Dan!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112145 Apr 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>No fundie Christian terrorists haven't gotten the bomb yet.
Oh. I'm glad you said that, Dan. Enjoy your day!!
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112146 Apr 25, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of NDEs:
http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/he...
Boys with last names like "Burpo" and "Malarkey"?? I think whoever wrote that article was being a troll.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112147 Apr 25, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have been having an NDE since birth. You are right, it has had a profound effect on me.
Well, seeing you could die at ANY time, I guess you're right. They say that as soon as you're born, you start to die anyways.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112148 Apr 25, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> "billions of years" my foot. If you take the human population growth of the Earth starting from just eight people (Noah, his wife, their three sons and their wives) 4600 years ago, then EVEN if you factor in the DEATH COUNT (caused by wars, famine, disease, natural disasters etc...), you would have a human pop of about 7 - 7.5 billion people living on the planet today. BUT.......if you consider Evolution with it's "primates existing for HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of YEARS on the planet", the human pop on this planet would have EXPLODED out of control many, many millennia ago.
Nope, another moronic argument based upon a false assumption.

The rate of population growth has not been constant:

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/history/world...

Why do you even bother listening to lying creation sites?
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112149 Apr 25, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what entropy is.
A change, and therefore an increase in entropy, is needed for life to even exist.
Why do people that are totally ignorant so eager to show how far their ignorance goes.
Calling an increase in entropy an increase in disorganization is an overly simplistic view of it and it will give you the wrong answers.
Chopping and changing again?? Thought so.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#112150 Apr 25, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> "billions of years" my foot. If you take the human population growth of the Earth starting from just eight people (Noah, his wife, their three sons and their wives) 4600 years ago, then EVEN if you factor in the DEATH COUNT (caused by wars, famine, disease, natural disasters etc...), you would have a human pop of about 7 - 7.5 billion people living on the planet today. BUT.......if you consider Evolution with it's "primates existing for HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of YEARS on the planet", the human pop on this planet would have EXPLODED out of control many, many millennia ago.
That is false, and you cannot support it with the data.

There are two genetic bottlenecks in human history, and it resides within the human genome.
Neither of which support the flood myth in numbers or time.
100,000-150,000 years ago population dropped to 16-20,000 breeding pairs and 70,000-50,000 years ago population dropped to 5-10,000 breeding pairs.
If what you think were true we all could be linked to the same father and mother from 4600 years ago. This is not the case, at all.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

#112151 Apr 25, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot use a terribly flawed book to prove that terribly flawed book.
The Bible has hundreds of self contradictions, it has bad morals, failed prophecies, and terrible science.
No one believes all of the Bible except for a psychopath or two.
Well, with BILLIONS of PSYCHOPATHS living on this Earth along with myself, I'm in good company, I guess. You have a great day, SZ.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112152 Apr 25, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, with BILLIONS of PSYCHOPATHS living on this Earth along with myself, I'm in good company, I guess. You have a great day, SZ.
Sorry hypocrite, not even you believe all of the Bible.

Do you believe that the Earth is flat? The Bible says it is if you read it literally. Do you wear leather and cotton at the same time? Then you are not following the Bible. Do you eat pork? Shellfish? Again you are not following your Bible. Do you work on the Sabbath? What day do you think is the Sabbath? You probably are not following your Bible there either.

You are just another hypocritical Christian of weak faith.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112153 Apr 25, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Chopping and changing again?? Thought so.
Wrong again moron. It is amazing how idiots like you have no idea what the laws of thermodynamics say.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's BLUE! (Oct '11) 3 min Princess Hey 275
Big dawg 6 min Princess Hey 408
Fergson Police Dept. 8 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 394
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Tom2Tone 145,261
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 26 min Petal Power 28,508
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 26 min mr goodwrench 137,495
What's your tip for the day? 29 min Petal Power 810
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 43 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 35,991
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 48 min Spirit67_ 18,594
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••