Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223358 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Happy New Year

#112263 Apr 26, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that not one of you fundies have been able to refute it.
The problem with them is that they think they have refuted science even before they get started. Anything that is not for them is against them even when it is someone that believes only less different than they do.

The arrogance of their position is not what was taught by Christ in the Bible, but they will swear on a stack of them that they are doing the Lord's work. The irony of not knowing the mind of God while acting as if they know it is lost on them.

They are a sad lot.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Happy New Year

#112264 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> It's not ME who has the answers. It's God. Read the Book for yourself, bro. Read the Book (he-he!!).
I know you don't have answers. You don't even have any questions. It is more the sad for you, but you don't even understand that.

You are under the impression that evolution is supported by atheists and that atheists have never read the Bible.

You are wrong on both counts, not that the truth will sway you.
thulium

Perris, CA

#112265 Apr 26, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not currently.
Which is why creationism is not taken seriously.
You seem to not take ANYTHING seriously, or do you?
spOko

Oakland, CA

#112266 Apr 26, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong...you do not have "a wealth of answers about the conditions of the early universe..." you have a wealth of pure conjecture. You are, among other things, assuming that no intelligent force is behind the motions of the galaxies. I don't accept atheism as the default position, because there is overwhelming evidence of intelligent design.
Physics, of course, is a science when it is used properly. But utilizing physics to promote your philosophical worldview is not science.
"overwhelming evidence of intelligent design" - huh? That's the problem there is nothing but fanatical religious drivel ...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112267 Apr 26, 2014
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
"overwhelming evidence of intelligent design" - huh? That's the problem there is nothing but fanatical religious drivel ...
HST does not know what qualifies as evidence. The best you will get out of him is "we don't understand what happened here therefore it was an intelligence".

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#112269 Apr 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
They have no idea what the skull is, but one thing is for sure, it is not a human skull.
Your head?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#112270 Apr 27, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus has risen and he has gone to prepare a new home for his followers. This is the good news of the Bible.
Depeche Mode says there is something hmmmm private Jesus?

It seems according to birth deaths and people having passed on that maybe Jesus has multiplied one never knows if it is for Family business and he so wants to serve his people...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112271 Apr 27, 2014
You so remind me of someone....

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112272 Apr 27, 2014
Oh have you ever smelled cat spray to the point it gives you a headache?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112273 Apr 27, 2014
That somewhat of a science question isn't it?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#112274 Apr 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
is science able to describe what lies beyond our universe?

Not currently.

Just...WOW, you hate on creationism because they do not describe what lies beyond our universe, yet in the same breath, admit science cannot also. Hmmmm

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112275 Apr 27, 2014
Desperate Warmist wrote:
Old Guy wrote:
is science able to describe what lies beyond our universe?
Not currently.
Just...WOW, you hate on creationism because they do not describe what lies beyond our universe, yet in the same breath, admit science cannot also. Hmmmm
There basicly is nothing if you break it all down just wonder what is beyond?

So who is SCIENCE exactly anyways?

I was reading the post just the same somewhat dazed...Are you by any chance a Foreigner?

LOL
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112276 Apr 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all we did not come from nothing. We came from our ancestors, both immediate and distant relatives, stretching back for millions of years of evolution.
This type ranting is so much more than simply ignorant, that you would have no purpose, direction, and meaning without your precious belief in god.
You even go so far is saying there is no hope without your belief.
Suppose there really is no god, does this mean you cannot find love?
That you cannot learn ?
You cannot share time with people you love?
Have children and raise a family?
The direction humanity takes entirely rests on humans to take us in this direction.
One rallying goal of humanity is exploration, first the planet and now the universe.
Direction in your life comes from your inner will to achieve some goal.
It becomes the individuals goal and purpose to attain it.
But most importantly the hope , which you lack without a deity is very telling about yourself.
Most of us have great hope and fears, none of which depend on a creator.
Most of all we can hope for the survival of humanity, and our children to be happy and lead successful and rewarding lives enriched by people they love.
Some of us find all the things you describe by joining groups greater than themselves, and indeed find all the rewards in doing so.
That all things eventually come to an end is not a happy ending, but it is the necessary conclusion. But it doesn't have to be for billions of years, after which we may be able to change this verdict, if we survive. Which brings us back to a purpose and goal.
A simple wish to carry on , and this we can hope for.
".....things eventually coming to an end is not a happy ending, but it is a NECESSARY CONCLUSION" (caps emphasis mine). Is it really?? Also "A simple wish to carry on is what we can hope for". Carry on for what reason?? So that everything and everyone will end in DEATH?? Is that the reason?? Yep, you are right. It's not a happy ending. You are right on the button there.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112277 Apr 27, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
or maybe its just what everey generation says of the generation after them??? but I guess when you use binary logic, other possibilities escape you
Well, if you look at the bigger picture, it IS actually worse than before. JMO.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112278 Apr 27, 2014
Oh MG and beyond lies and death announcements sent by corpses...

Not everything is stopping that would be way beyond insanity...
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112279 Apr 27, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really its worse, try reading some history books of what is was like in the 1890-1930's in U.S. cities, books not the movie version.
try reading Sinclair lewis The Jungle
or read about how coal miners lived back then
or how the rail crews lived building America's rail network form the 1850-1930's
ver hear of the term ROBBER BARON'S, Carnegie and his co-horts earned those names for a reason
try reading how the Irish were treated upon their arrival to America in the late 1840-1850 trying to escape the potato famine
What I was driving at is that the nature and attitude of people nowadays, has gotten worse. Just because society (particularly Modern Western society) has improved MATERIALLY, and improved in the way of knowledge etc.....it does NOT necessarily mean that the people living in that society are better people (less selfish, more considerate towards others, caring more for their fellow human beings etc......). That's what I meant when I said it's gotten worse.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112280 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, YOU should. You're the one who thinks it's valid. Problem is creo's want everyone else to do all their homework for them.
Ewww!! You're decidedly snitty!! Do my homework for me, Dude. Ha!!Ha!!

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112281 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> What I was driving at is that the nature and attitude of people nowadays, has gotten worse. Just because society (particularly Modern Western society) has improved MATERIALLY, and improved in the way of knowledge etc.....it does NOT necessarily mean that the people living in that society are better people (less selfish, more considerate towards others, caring more for their fellow human beings etc......). That's what I meant when I said it's gotten worse.
So what do you consider California to be? Modern Western has it gained in or improved?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#112282 Apr 27, 2014
What happened to no doubt?
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112283 Apr 27, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but an increase in political or cultural corruption requires organisation. That's why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
<quoted text>
Well for one thing, you wouldn't be able to digest anything without it.
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter if you think my rejection of it is flapdoodle. Fact is creationism HAS no theory, at least no theory in a scientific sense. That's why it's rejected as being relevant at all to science.
That doesn't necessarily mean creationism isn't true, it just means that creationism isn't demonstrable.
Unless that is, you can make the idea of invisible magic Jew wizards pass the scientific method.
I bet if Creation were demonstrable, people such as yourself STILL would FLATLY DENY it and REFUSE to believe it. That's just the way you lot are, unfortunately.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Doobies make boobies,' says officer; No, they ... 6 min Sublime1 11
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min Sublime1 228,530
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 57 min Louise Love 4,504
Two rhyming words! (Jun '12) 2 hr Mechanic 549
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 2 hr Trouser Cough 62,537
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 2 hr Trouser Cough 48,158
News Yuck: Bank staff sick of hawk scarfing pigeons ... 5 hr wichita-rick 11
animal song titles 7 hr wichita-rick 114
More from around the web