Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
106,221 - 106,240 of 114,404 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> But at one stage, abiogenesis WAS part of the T of E. NOW the Evos are distancing themselves from it, because they CANNOT for the life of them. produce life from non-life in the laboratory. On your second point, Creation is NOT against science, but you Evos claim that science is on your side and that Creation is non-scientific. Look up the word 'science' in the dictionary. NOWHERE does the definition of it say that it favors Evolution OR Creation. Science is a tool to present the facts. But I believe one day, science will tip the scales in favor of Creation. Then you Evos and atheists can all merrily fry in hell (Hee-hee-hee!!).
I have studied evolution for some time and the theory as postulated by Darwin and later in the synthesis of the early 20th Century did not and does not include abiogenesis. That it does or did has become a popular theme on fundie propaganda websites. Creation may not be, but creationists sure are anti-science. Yes, there is no scientific evidence to support the creation story of the Bible or of any other religion for that matter.

Anything is possible, but it won't be creation as related in Genesis. That is an allegory.

I don't believe I will fry in Hell for using my mind and reason, but it is good to see true Christian love stated with such passion and compassion. As a Christian, I don't want others to burn in Hell and share no joy in the prospect. How sad for you.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever, Dan.
If you don't want an honest, factual answer then why ask the question. Are you stupid or something?
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Are you the Devil? I didn't know you went by Noisy Toilet, though I can see you are full of shit.
Ha!!Ha!!Ha!! You're funny, Dan. Have a good day, man.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Ha!!Ha!!Ha!! You're funny, Dan. Have a good day, man.
I am very funny, thank you. You have a good day too.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have studied evolution for some time and the theory as postulated by Darwin and later in the synthesis of the early 20th Century did not and does not include abiogenesis. That it does or did has become a popular theme on fundie propaganda websites. Creation may not be, but creationists sure are anti-science. Yes, there is no scientific evidence to support the creation story of the Bible or of any other religion for that matter.
Anything is possible, but it won't be creation as related in Genesis. That is an allegory.
I don't believe I will fry in Hell for using my mind and reason, but it is good to see true Christian love stated with such passion and compassion. As a Christian, I don't want others to burn in Hell and share no joy in the prospect. How sad for you.
So you're a Christian Evolutionist I take it. Well, according to me, you cannot 'fuse' Christianity with Evolution. They're as different as chalk and cheese. Let's say you are right about the abiogenesis thing though. OK, that's cool with me. Now, can you tell me what the FULL title of Darwin's book, "On the Origin of Species" is?? Doesn't it ALSO say something about the superiority of certain races over others?? Oh yeah, the KKK would LOVE a book like THAT!! Maybe you're a Klan member (not that I should assume that). Was Charlie Darwin a racist??
old pa

Butler, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Sounds to me like y'all are just a bunch of old hippies blabbering your nonsense. Yep, really makes ya feel big insulting people on a marginally important website.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, it is BIOCHEMISTS that are involved in the quest to find a viable pathway for the origin of life. NOT Evolutionists (aka, Evolutionary Biologists or Biologists).
<quoted text>
Science is working on that right now. As soon as you guys provide proof of an all-powerful, supernatural being, it will be included into the equations.
Until then....
<quoted text>
Yeah.
No shit.
YEh. You're one of these "I'll believe it when I see it" kinda people, right?? Read your Bible in the book of John (New Testament) when Jesus talks to Thomas (John 20:29).
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't want an honest, factual answer then why ask the question. Are you stupid or something?
Yeh, mee stoopid. But att leest mee havs God on mee side. Wiff Him, NUFFING IMPOSSIBLE!! Hee-hee-hee!! Matthew 17:20 and 19:26, Mark 10:27, and Luke 18:27.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> So you're a Christian Evolutionist I take it. Well, according to me, you cannot 'fuse' Christianity with Evolution. They're as different as chalk and cheese. Let's say you are right about the abiogenesis thing though. OK, that's cool with me. Now, can you tell me what the FULL title of Darwin's book, "On the Origin of Species" is?? Doesn't it ALSO say something about the superiority of certain races over others?? Oh yeah, the KKK would LOVE a book like THAT!! Maybe you're a Klan member (not that I should assume that). Was Charlie Darwin a racist??
It is a good thing I don't consider you with regard to my religious, philosophical and scientific concerns. Thanks for the input on that though.

This is what they call an old canard. Race then meant species and had nothing to do with the races of man. From what I have read of Charles Darwin, he was a typical Englishman of the time and no more racist than the norm and apparently less than the norm. This is just fundie desperation, reaching for any straw. Even if Darwin happened to be the most egregious racist of the last 1000 years, it wouldn't change the validity of the science. This is a straw man argument and ad hominem attack in absentia. In other words, if you can't beat the science then attack the man.

Thank you for playing. Better luck next time.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Yeh, mee stoopid. But att leest mee havs God on mee side. Wiff Him, NUFFING IMPOSSIBLE!! Hee-hee-hee!! Matthew 17:20 and 19:26, Mark 10:27, and Luke 18:27.
So far fundie creationists haven't been able to defeat the facts of science. You be good now yawl hear.
thulium

Perris, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>Good posts Thulium, I recall anything negative I may have said - you've proven your worth, and its appreciated. Kudos.
Don't worry about it. Thanks!

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

old pa wrote:
Sounds to me like y'all are just a bunch of old hippies blabbering your nonsense. Yep, really makes ya feel big insulting people on a marginally important website.
I'm a multi millionaire. My doctor told me to do this for the stress relief.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Even a manure spreader requires a load in order to spread it effectively. Why do you always show up here empty?
Is that the best defense you've got for the Dude's idiocy?....your own! ha,ha,ha.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony meter go boom.
I DID answer you. I pointed out why entropy does not prevent evolution from occurring. As with every single other post I've ever made ever (this will quite likely apply to the future as well), you have failed to refute me.
And by the way, Livescience accepts all those scientific concepts you don't like for theological reasons, and rejects all the theological concepts you like for scientific reasons.
So in short you got caught lying for Jesus again. No wonder creationists are only taken seriously by the ignorant.(shrug)
The only thing that goes boom is the atomic bomb of stupidity you set off constantly! The concept that livescience is referring to is the one you stated is no problem to answer. Funny,...all their geniuses can't do it, but the all knowing Dude has the knowledge, you are one mother fukkking liar ,and always have been . Get back and check your debating points that you and the other puddle gooists live by.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
How can molecules "self assemble" to create life?
I'm not asking for wishful thinking.
What laws of chemistry are you referring to?
You have to have a helluva lot of faith to believe that

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it take "intelligence" to slap together two hydrogen atoms, and one oxygen atom to make a water molecule?
No,..its impossible , no one can be stupid enough to compare that with life self assembling. The force is strong in you young puddle padawan

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ask a tree.
Explain orthology Hooter.
You are an absolute fool,...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Yeh, mee stoopid. But att leest mee havs God on mee side. Wiff Him, NUFFING IMPOSSIBLE!! Hee-hee-hee!! Matthew 17:20 and 19:26, Mark 10:27, and Luke 18:27.
Sorry, God is not on your side.

You are misreading a book that has been shown to be mostly myth.
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It is a good thing I don't consider you with regard to my religious, philosophical and scientific concerns. Thanks for the input on that though.
This is what they call an old canard. Race then meant species and had nothing to do with the races of man. From what I have read of Charles Darwin, he was a typical Englishman of the time and no more racist than the norm and apparently less than the norm. This is just fundie desperation, reaching for any straw. Even if Darwin happened to be the most egregious racist of the last 1000 years, it wouldn't change the validity of the science. This is a straw man argument and ad hominem attack in absentia. In other words, if you can't beat the science then attack the man.
Thank you for playing. Better luck next time.
See?? There you go changing and twisting the story yet again. It's not Fundamental Christianity being desperate. Read the FULL title of the freakin' book. I stand by what I believe - that RACES in the title could only ultimately imply RACES of MEN (humans).
NOISY TOILET

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So far fundie creationists haven't been able to defeat the facts of science. You be good now yawl hear.
Wel, if you look properly, the facts of science clearly support Creation. I don't know if you know your left shoe from your right, son.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

181 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 4 min Wasteband Maker 29,083
National News 5 min Harrison Freebird 14
Weird sea critters invade West Coast beaches 5 min beatlesinthebog 20
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min eleanorigby 35,863
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 11 min Grace Nerissa 23,920
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min -Lea- 18,067
Weird Forum 13 min Spirit67_ 4
What's your tip for the day? 32 min beatlesinthebog 500
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 42 min Ivy Shapiro 143,812