Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 217129 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112186 Apr 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has "rejected God". And no, it is not because we want to sin.
Please don't be an idiot.
And you can't scare me with your fairy tales.
When it comes to sin you should know that atheists are much less likely to break the law than Christians. I could provide evidence of that easily. I have also heard that atheists have lower divorce, abortion, and out of wedlock birthrates than Christians.
When it comes to sinning, Christians tend to top the list.
Well MAYBE, it's coz there are WAY MORE Christians living in the world than atheists?? DUH!! But, seriously, ATHEISM is the FASTEST GROWING belief system in the world right now. The proportion of Christians to atheists TODAY (say 95:5) could very well REVERSE within the NEXT TWO OR THREE GENERATIONS!! Could be looking at 95 ATHEISTS for every 5 CHRISTIANS WITHIN the next 60-70 years. The number of Evolutionists (such as yourself) will ALSO sharply rise. Religions such as Islam) will dwindle in numbers too, by then. Well, at least Xians like myself will be dead and gone by then (yay!!).
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112187 Apr 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
We have already established that you are to ignorant to find any flaws in the Origin of Species.
But guess what, you are right, there are flaws in Darwin's work. None of us have claimed it was perfect. You really are set on proving that you are an idiot when it comes to science.
Now let's get back to your terribly flawed Bible. You do know that it has hundreds of self contradictions, don't you?
Our "Buybull" may be FLAWED, but it is your "Origin of Faeces" that will be FLOORED (wink-wink!!).
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112188 Apr 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!
You are one ignorant ass!
I thought there would never be anyone that was even more idiotic and uninformed than Blowfart and How's That for Stupid. You just proved me wrong.
Ha!!Ha!! You probably think I'm a TROLL (that I'm REALLY on YOUR side!!). But I'm not. True bro!!
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112189 Apr 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the myths?
Why did you run away from the fact that your Bible is terribly flawed?
Man, you are a lost cause. Wasting my time!!
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112190 Apr 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
It is 3:00 AM for me NT so I am going to say goodnight.
Take your time and try to give some good responses and I will answer them later today.
Nighty-Night, SZ. The LORD LOVES YOU!! God Bless you.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112191 Apr 26, 2014
Tell me, SZ, is it true that there are six ways of evolution but only one of them is true - microevolution?? I think microevolution is changes WITHIN a species. That's why you get different breeds of cat, dog, monkey, horse, cow etc. But a cat will always be a cat, and a dog will always be a dog (God made every animal after it's OWN KIND - read Genesis in the Bible). I haven't seen any half cat-half dogs walking around (LOL!!). If Evolution says there ARE interspecies-type life forms, where is any evidence of these transitional forms of life?? OR, if they USED to exist but are no longer existing, then WHERE is the FOSSIL EVIDENCE of them?? Just asking, SZ.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112192 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> If you have heard of the saying "A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing", then I think that it's best that humans don't know TOO much, otherwise they can think they are so smart and clever that they think they can discard with the notion that someone out there in the universe is cleverer than they are i.e. GOD. AND.....IF we are as smart and clever as we THINK we are, why is the world getting WORSE?? You would think we've learnt our lesson on the things we have done WRONG and that we would have RIGHTED those WRONGS by now. BUT NO!! Planet Earth and everyone living on it, is going to the dogs. As for the toilet thing, we'll get round to it (whenever!!).
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and ignorance is bliss, eh? That things were better in the "good old days" is a just romantic notion.
Things are worse in some ways and much better in many others. That's just how it goes and always has. Are you worse off without the mongol horde and bubonic plague? Are you worse off without a world war and with modern medicine and a standard 40 hour workweek? Is satellite communication or the internet a bad thing? Do you propose that we should shut down the schools and universities because some feel that they are a threat their superstitious dogmas?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112193 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Man, you are a lost cause. Wasting my time!!
The Bible is chock full of errors and fabrications. There isn't any good reason to deny it.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112194 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> You DO realize that what you are typing IS being recorded by God's angels, right?? EVERYTHING you THINK, SAY and DO is being recorded. I wonder how the MOVIE of YOUR LIFE, SZ, will play out on the Great Judgment Day??
I remind fundamentalist liars for Jesus of that far more often than I should have to.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112195 Apr 26, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot logically defend your beliefs. Your vain appeals to authority only prove that you are a mindless sheep, blindly believe whatever is in vogue.
LOL! The pot calling the mirror black, eh?
Snakes and donkeys don't talk, the Red Sea wasn't parted, there was no global flood and the Earth is way older than 6,000 years. It's just the way it is - no belief system required.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112196 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well MAYBE, it's coz there are WAY MORE Christians living in the world than atheists?? DUH!! But, seriously, ATHEISM is the FASTEST GROWING belief system in the world right now. The proportion of Christians to atheists TODAY (say 95:5) could very well REVERSE within the NEXT TWO OR THREE GENERATIONS!! Could be looking at 95 ATHEISTS for every 5 CHRISTIANS WITHIN the next 60-70 years. The number of Evolutionists (such as yourself) will ALSO sharply rise. Religions such as Islam) will dwindle in numbers too, by then. Well, at least Xians like myself will be dead and gone by then (yay!!).
Nope, my claim was obviously by percentage.

In the U.S. atheists are underrepresented in prison by a factor of more than 10. With 5% of the population being atheist you would expect the same in prison, but you find a small fraction of one percent instead.

And yes, I do hope that our numbers go up over the years. It could only be good for the world.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112197 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Our "Buybull" may be FLAWED, but it is your "Origin of Faeces" that will be FLOORED (wink-wink!!).
Your stupid pun does not work in the U.S. since we know how to pronounce the letter "r" when it is at the end of a word.

And you poor idiot, did you not know that the theory of evolution has been tested for over 150 years and it is yet to fail a major test. That is amazing when there have been several new discoveries made, all of them that could have harmed the theory of evolution and instead they all helped it. The discovery of DNA could easily have shown the theory of evolution to be wrong. Instead it vastly increased its strength. The same goes for various other chemical discoveries.

You are just the idiot child drooling in the corner with the dunce cap on his head. You are making a lot of noise but you are not convincing anyone. As I said you are a weak faithed Christian that cannot accept the theory of evolution and your religion. You should be ashamed at yourself. Most Christians have no problem accepting the truth. What is wrong with you?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#112198 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, yeah. TIME is the GREAT HERO for you Evos. "It may not occur in a hundred, or a thousand, or even a million years, BUT if you give it a few ZILLION years, it WILL HAPPEN!!" TIME - the GREAT HERO of you Evos. Entropy INCREASES in closed systems. Yeah, well the UNIVERSE is a CLOSED SYSTEM. Also, we are WORSE - WAY worse - than we were hundreds of years ago.
For processes that are slow (like evolution and the changes in stars), time is a relevant factor. Of course it doesn't do away with all issues because the universe has only been around a finite amount of time.

Yes, the entropy of the universe as a whole does increase. But that doesn't mean it can't decrease in small areas like the surface of the Earth which are driven by an external energy source.

As for being worse than a hundred years ago, I simply say BS. We are healthier, have less violent death, less death from disease, higher productivity in our work, more free time, etc, etc, etc. We have gone backwards in a few areas: our education is worse (at least for the well educated) and we have become more superstitious again.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112199 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
Tell me, SZ, is it true that there are six ways of evolution but only one of them is true - microevolution?? I think microevolution is changes WITHIN a species. That's why you get different breeds of cat, dog, monkey, horse, cow etc. But a cat will always be a cat, and a dog will always be a dog (God made every animal after it's OWN KIND - read Genesis in the Bible). I haven't seen any half cat-half dogs walking around (LOL!!). If Evolution says there ARE interspecies-type life forms, where is any evidence of these transitional forms of life?? OR, if they USED to exist but are no longer existing, then WHERE is the FOSSIL EVIDENCE of them?? Just asking, SZ.
No, you have been listening to a convicted felon that could not even follow what his own Bible, what Jesus himself said about taxation.

And you are asking a moronic question. Try harder and you will get an answer. Here is a hint, don't trust convicted liars with fake degrees from a Bible "university" when it comes to science.

I gave you a shot and you could not come up with anything.

And to answer an earlier post, yes you do seem to be a troll. Your idiocy will drive people to the theory of evolution and that is one thing I can be thankful for.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112200 Apr 26, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and ignorance is bliss, eh? That things were better in the "good old days" is a just romantic notion.
Things are worse in some ways and much better in many others. That's just how it goes and always has. Are you worse off without the mongol horde and bubonic plague? Are you worse off without a world war and with modern medicine and a standard 40 hour workweek? Is satellite communication or the internet a bad thing? Do you propose that we should shut down the schools and universities because some feel that they are a threat their superstitious dogmas?
Well, one thing I know is that people CARED back then. This new generation of kids (I don't know if your demographic fits that category)- MAN!!- they are SO SELFISH. Just SELF-SERVING to the MAX!! Absolutely NO consideration for others. When I was a kid (about 12 or 13 in the mid-70's)everyone had a GENUINE LOVE and CONCERN for one another. You would be hard-pressed to find that in today's world. Everyone - ESPECIALLY the young generation - are so UP THEMSELVES. They don't give a damn about ANYONE. Except, of course, for their OWN welfare. Mind you, if you read the Bible (2 Timothy chapter 3 for instance), it says that days like these times we're in now would see SELFISH people such as the young folk we have today. Yeah, we have all the wonderful flashy technology, and we have without doubt MORE material wealth than we've EVER had before, AND we have STACKS of KNOWLEDGE (THAT is without DOUBT), MORE knowledge than at ANY OTHER TIME throughout human history. But what I am driving at, is DO WE LOVE one another as we used to?? Do we have a GENUINELY CARING society?? How many neighbors living up and down your street do you actually KNOW?? When I was a kid, my parents (when they were alive back then) not only knew the names of most of our neighbors in our street, but actually took the time to KNOW them. personally. You'll never find that these days. Not in a zillion years.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112201 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Nighty-Night, SZ. The LORD LOVES YOU!! God Bless you.
And don't forget that the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER boiled for your sins.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112202 Apr 26, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is chock full of errors and fabrications. There isn't any good reason to deny it.
Then why has the Bible stood the test of time all these centuries?? There must be SOMETHING VALID in it for it to have lasted that long.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#112203 Apr 26, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, one thing I know is that people CARED back then. This new generation of kids (I don't know if your demographic fits that category)- MAN!!- they are SO SELFISH. Just SELF-SERVING to the MAX!! Absolutely NO consideration for others. When I was a kid (about 12 or 13 in the mid-70's)everyone had a GENUINE LOVE and CONCERN for one another. You would be hard-pressed to find that in today's world. Everyone - ESPECIALLY the young generation - are so UP THEMSELVES. They don't give a damn about ANYONE. Except, of course, for their OWN welfare. Mind you, if you read the Bible (2 Timothy chapter 3 for instance), it says that days like these times we're in now would see SELFISH people such as the young folk we have today. Yeah, we have all the wonderful flashy technology, and we have without doubt MORE material wealth than we've EVER had before, AND we have STACKS of KNOWLEDGE (THAT is without DOUBT), MORE knowledge than at ANY OTHER TIME throughout human history. But what I am driving at, is DO WE LOVE one another as we used to?? Do we have a GENUINELY CARING society?? How many neighbors living up and down your street do you actually KNOW?? When I was a kid, my parents (when they were alive back then) not only knew the names of most of our neighbors in our street, but actually took the time to KNOW them. personally. You'll never find that these days. Not in a zillion years.
funny, but I grew up in the 60's & 70's and clearly remember the older generation of adults saying we were the most self absorbed, selfish unruly generation to date. Growing up in the 40'ss & 50's they had more responsibility and cared more for each other
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112204 Apr 26, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I remind fundamentalist liars for Jesus of that far more often than I should have to.
Well at least they "lie" for a man (actually, the Son of God). Better than you lot lying for those monkey relatives in your local zoo, huh??
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112205 Apr 26, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, my claim was obviously by percentage.
In the U.S. atheists are underrepresented in prison by a factor of more than 10. With 5% of the population being atheist you would expect the same in prison, but you find a small fraction of one percent instead.
And yes, I do hope that our numbers go up over the years. It could only be good for the world.
"It could only be good for the world." I'll remember that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 min Sharlene45 148,503
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 5 min Princess Hey 15,288
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min wichita-rick 207,331
2words into 2new words (May '12) 8 min CJ Rocker 6,884
News American pandas have culture shock in China 13 min Enzo49 3
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 18 min UnderstandPeople 40,890
News Florida Couple Busted For Sex In Public 19 min UnderstandPeople 5
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min Enzo49 67,346
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 57 min Enzo49 10,700
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 2,489