Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205382 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Help religion science wander”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#112027 Apr 24, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> I think at one stage, the ToE tied itself to abiogenesis "but NOT anymore" they say. And I suppose if a Creationist like myself tries arguing another point, you Evos will say "Ah, but Evolution doesn't have anything to do with that either". You Evos are constantly shifting the goalposts that I think one day, you'll end up confusing yourselves!! Creation - like God - stays constant. It never changes. That way the Creos such as myself, at least have a point of reference. On your second point, if the humans didn't plant them, who did??
You don't have to move the goal posts when abiogenesis has never been a part of the theory of evolution. It is fundie creationists that keep insisting that it is without one bit of evidence to show. What do they call it when someone says an untruth over and over and over, even when they have been told it is incorrect.

Creationism is sustained by dogma and worship of the Bible over God. You have faith and little more. Science has facts. I consider them to be a firm enough point of reference, that we have medicine, computers, cars, food.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#112028 Apr 24, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> 1: So what's the diff between Evolutionists and Evolutionary Biologists?? I thought they were all on the same side.
Again, it is BIOCHEMISTS that are involved in the quest to find a viable pathway for the origin of life. NOT Evolutionists (aka, Evolutionary Biologists or Biologists).
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text>And 2: OK, so let's say you're right - that they CAN re-create the early Earth environment before any supposed life formed. Crunch question: How did that life form from just those chemicals, air, water etc lying around?? All I know is that there had to be something active to get things going. That something - or more specifically, someONE - had to have an intelligence to get life started.
Science is working on that right now. As soon as you guys provide proof of an all-powerful, supernatural being, it will be included into the equations.

Until then....
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, I'm no expert on Evolution or Creation.
Yeah.

No shit.
thulium

Perris, CA

#112029 Apr 24, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet a few years ago you would deny that amino acids, sugars, and hydrocarbons in deep space were even possible.
The building blocks for life are redily available. And maybe God DID create life.
But just not as the Bible says how it happened.
life comes from energy
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112030 Apr 24, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Non sequitur.
I believe you.
Sure Dan. You can believe the lie the Devil is feeding you.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112031 Apr 24, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Whatever, Dan.

Orlando

#112032 Apr 24, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
life comes from energy
Lets build on that.

What ORGANIC source of energy could have been bathing the young earth 4 billion years ago prior to the formation of life?

Orlando

#112033 Apr 24, 2014
Actually, there's at least TWO sources that are being considered by science, but let's go for the obvious one.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112034 Apr 24, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to move the goal posts when abiogenesis has never been a part of the theory of evolution. It is fundie creationists that keep insisting that it is without one bit of evidence to show. What do they call it when someone says an untruth over and over and over, even when they have been told it is incorrect.
Creationism is sustained by dogma and worship of the Bible over God. You have faith and little more. Science has facts. I consider them to be a firm enough point of reference, that we have medicine, computers, cars, food.
But at one stage, abiogenesis WAS part of the T of E. NOW the Evos are distancing themselves from it, because they CANNOT for the life of them. produce life from non-life in the laboratory. On your second point, Creation is NOT against science, but you Evos claim that science is on your side and that Creation is non-scientific. Look up the word 'science' in the dictionary. NOWHERE does the definition of it say that it favors Evolution OR Creation. Science is a tool to present the facts. But I believe one day, science will tip the scales in favor of Creation. Then you Evos and atheists can all merrily fry in hell (Hee-hee-hee!!).

Level 9

into the night.

#112035 Apr 24, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Sure Dan. You can believe the lie the Devil is feeding you.
Are you the Devil? I didn't know you went by Noisy Toilet, though I can see you are full of shit.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112036 Apr 24, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm gathering these info from different sources. So bear with me. But this time you explained it better. kudos.
It's really amazing how man have learned to create synthetic elements. For instance the plutonium was created in a lab before it was discovered to exist in nature. Have you heard of Lene Hau a professor at Harvard? Very interesting experiment she did with light. Although the articles about it are exaggerated claiming she changed light into matter. lol
Good posts Thulium, I recall anything negative I may have said - you've proven your worth, and its appreciated. Kudos.

Level 9

into the night.

#112037 Apr 24, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> But at one stage, abiogenesis WAS part of the T of E. NOW the Evos are distancing themselves from it, because they CANNOT for the life of them. produce life from non-life in the laboratory. On your second point, Creation is NOT against science, but you Evos claim that science is on your side and that Creation is non-scientific. Look up the word 'science' in the dictionary. NOWHERE does the definition of it say that it favors Evolution OR Creation. Science is a tool to present the facts. But I believe one day, science will tip the scales in favor of Creation. Then you Evos and atheists can all merrily fry in hell (Hee-hee-hee!!).
I have studied evolution for some time and the theory as postulated by Darwin and later in the synthesis of the early 20th Century did not and does not include abiogenesis. That it does or did has become a popular theme on fundie propaganda websites. Creation may not be, but creationists sure are anti-science. Yes, there is no scientific evidence to support the creation story of the Bible or of any other religion for that matter.

Anything is possible, but it won't be creation as related in Genesis. That is an allegory.

I don't believe I will fry in Hell for using my mind and reason, but it is good to see true Christian love stated with such passion and compassion. As a Christian, I don't want others to burn in Hell and share no joy in the prospect. How sad for you.

Level 9

into the night.

#112038 Apr 24, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever, Dan.
If you don't want an honest, factual answer then why ask the question. Are you stupid or something?
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112039 Apr 24, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Are you the Devil? I didn't know you went by Noisy Toilet, though I can see you are full of shit.
Ha!!Ha!!Ha!! You're funny, Dan. Have a good day, man.

Level 9

into the night.

#112040 Apr 24, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Ha!!Ha!!Ha!! You're funny, Dan. Have a good day, man.
I am very funny, thank you. You have a good day too.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112041 Apr 24, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have studied evolution for some time and the theory as postulated by Darwin and later in the synthesis of the early 20th Century did not and does not include abiogenesis. That it does or did has become a popular theme on fundie propaganda websites. Creation may not be, but creationists sure are anti-science. Yes, there is no scientific evidence to support the creation story of the Bible or of any other religion for that matter.
Anything is possible, but it won't be creation as related in Genesis. That is an allegory.
I don't believe I will fry in Hell for using my mind and reason, but it is good to see true Christian love stated with such passion and compassion. As a Christian, I don't want others to burn in Hell and share no joy in the prospect. How sad for you.
So you're a Christian Evolutionist I take it. Well, according to me, you cannot 'fuse' Christianity with Evolution. They're as different as chalk and cheese. Let's say you are right about the abiogenesis thing though. OK, that's cool with me. Now, can you tell me what the FULL title of Darwin's book, "On the Origin of Species" is?? Doesn't it ALSO say something about the superiority of certain races over others?? Oh yeah, the KKK would LOVE a book like THAT!! Maybe you're a Klan member (not that I should assume that). Was Charlie Darwin a racist??
old pa

Butler, PA

#112042 Apr 24, 2014
Sounds to me like y'all are just a bunch of old hippies blabbering your nonsense. Yep, really makes ya feel big insulting people on a marginally important website.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112043 Apr 24, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, it is BIOCHEMISTS that are involved in the quest to find a viable pathway for the origin of life. NOT Evolutionists (aka, Evolutionary Biologists or Biologists).
<quoted text>
Science is working on that right now. As soon as you guys provide proof of an all-powerful, supernatural being, it will be included into the equations.
Until then....
<quoted text>
Yeah.
No shit.
YEh. You're one of these "I'll believe it when I see it" kinda people, right?? Read your Bible in the book of John (New Testament) when Jesus talks to Thomas (John 20:29).
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112044 Apr 24, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't want an honest, factual answer then why ask the question. Are you stupid or something?
Yeh, mee stoopid. But att leest mee havs God on mee side. Wiff Him, NUFFING IMPOSSIBLE!! Hee-hee-hee!! Matthew 17:20 and 19:26, Mark 10:27, and Luke 18:27.

Level 9

into the night.

#112045 Apr 24, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> So you're a Christian Evolutionist I take it. Well, according to me, you cannot 'fuse' Christianity with Evolution. They're as different as chalk and cheese. Let's say you are right about the abiogenesis thing though. OK, that's cool with me. Now, can you tell me what the FULL title of Darwin's book, "On the Origin of Species" is?? Doesn't it ALSO say something about the superiority of certain races over others?? Oh yeah, the KKK would LOVE a book like THAT!! Maybe you're a Klan member (not that I should assume that). Was Charlie Darwin a racist??
It is a good thing I don't consider you with regard to my religious, philosophical and scientific concerns. Thanks for the input on that though.

This is what they call an old canard. Race then meant species and had nothing to do with the races of man. From what I have read of Charles Darwin, he was a typical Englishman of the time and no more racist than the norm and apparently less than the norm. This is just fundie desperation, reaching for any straw. Even if Darwin happened to be the most egregious racist of the last 1000 years, it wouldn't change the validity of the science. This is a straw man argument and ad hominem attack in absentia. In other words, if you can't beat the science then attack the man.

Thank you for playing. Better luck next time.

Level 9

into the night.

#112046 Apr 24, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Yeh, mee stoopid. But att leest mee havs God on mee side. Wiff Him, NUFFING IMPOSSIBLE!! Hee-hee-hee!! Matthew 17:20 and 19:26, Mark 10:27, and Luke 18:27.
So far fundie creationists haven't been able to defeat the facts of science. You be good now yawl hear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 min Northbound 33,339
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 10 min Parden Pard 44,690
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 13 min streetglidehoney 59,981
News Headstone of Civil War soldier to be fixed afte... 18 min Gov Corbutt of th... 22
News Kanye West released an explicit and bizarre new... 34 min Gov Corbutt of th... 13
News Hot pepper cooking leads to HAZMAT evacuation o... 37 min Spotted Girl 1
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 43 min Parden Pard 35,916
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 55 min Sharlene45 197,805
Make up your wildest Headline. (Aug '08) 1 hr positronium 698
News new Women bare breasts for gender equality on G... 7 hr TheJerseyDevil 37
More from around the web