Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199247 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111861 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it means you need to complete the theories in Science. DUH!
No it doesn't. Theories are NEVER complete. NOTHING in science ever gets "100% proven". Newton's theory of gravity still got us to the planets but it still got replaced by Einstein's relativity. Then his theory got replaced by quantum physics. Science is an ever-continuing search for knowledge. It does not suddenly reach a stopping point and then say "Okay, close enough, that'll do!"

Obviously you have no idea of the importance of the concept of falsifiability is in science.

Oh, uh...

DUH!
thulium

Perris, CA

#111862 Apr 22, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. Theories are NEVER complete. NOTHING in science ever gets "100% proven". Newton's theory of gravity still got us to the planets but it still got replaced by Einstein's relativity. Then his theory got replaced by quantum physics. Science is an ever-continuing search for knowledge. It does not suddenly reach a stopping point and then say "Okay, close enough, that'll do!"
Obviously you have no idea of the importance of the concept of falsifiability is in science.
Oh, uh...
DUH!
Thus my statement that there are things that cannot be explained is true. You're such a clown.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111863 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
Thus my statement that there are things that cannot be explained is true. You're such a clown.
Yet there are things that can be explained. Also anything that's not explained yet is not justification for religious apologetics.

I may be a clown, but at least I have a basic grasp of evolution.
thulium

Perris, CA

#111864 Apr 22, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet there are things that can be explained. Also anything that's not explained yet is not justification for religious apologetics.
I may be a clown, but at least I have a basic grasp of evolution.
So what? Did you develop any theories of your own?

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#111865 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean hypothesis, if "Dude" had theory....it would be well known.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#111866 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree to that but there are things that cannot be explained.
There are many things we have not explained. That doesn't mean they cannot be explained. In fact, many things were once thought impossible to explain that have actually been explained. What makes you think the things you are thinking about *cannot* be explained? Can you give an example?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#111867 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
No, things do get explained, which opens up new questions that are not yet explained. When those get explained, even newer questions arise. That doesn't mean there is anything that cannot be explained, just that it takes time to get to the point that explanations are possible.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#111868 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that required to know some truths? I agree that it is required to find *new* truths (of course, the theory then needs to be verified through testing).

But I *have* produced new knowledge. In my case it is mathematical, not specifically scientific.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111869 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I claim to?(shrug)
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111870 Apr 22, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You mean hypothesis, if "Dude" had theory....it would be well known.
I guess there's the Dude Abides hypothesis.

Fundies tend to reject that one too.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#111871 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean cannot ever be explained or haven't been explained or aren't worth the effort to explain?

Further,are you saying that there are explanation that can't be provided by relgion as well as science?
thulium

Perris, CA

#111872 Apr 22, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>There are many things we have not explained. That doesn't mean they cannot be explained. In fact, many things were once thought impossible to explain that have actually been explained. What makes you think the things you are thinking about *cannot* be explained? Can you give an example?
Light --> matter

Einstein's discovery of the law of photoelectric effect and E=MC2. There are explanations to them.

But no explanation how light affected matter in the beginning of time when matter was formed. Like I said poly, I have such imagination. lol
spocko

Oakland, CA

#111873 Apr 22, 2014
MrBob Jones wrote:
Why is every one so arrogant on her after reading some posts on here ive realised that the only thing this site is is a bunch of evolutionist getting angry at creationists and repeating the exact same "scientific" claim over and over then getting mad when the creationists come back at you and the creationists are just trying to say what they believe im not trying to hate on either side but seriously you guys if you want to make a difference go teach or become a sunday school teacher dont go sit on your asses typing angry comments to eacother
What else would you expect? The science behind evolution is solid no scientist is fighting over it - unlike you freaking morons who have nothing other than foolish gibberish ...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#111874 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? What does that have to do with anything?

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#111875 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>
Light --> matter
Einstein's discovery of the law of photoelectric effect and E=MC2. There are explanations to them.
But no explanation how light affected matter in the beginning of time when matter was formed. Like I said poly, I have such imagination. lol
Such perhaps, but hardly unique and singular.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#111876 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>Light --> matter )
Oh,*THIS* oughtta be good!
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>Einstein's discovery of the law of photoelectric effect and E=MC2. There are explanations to them.
...of which YOU have no clue.
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>But no explanation how light affected matter in the beginning of time when matter was formed. Like I said poly, I have such imagination. lol
Yes, you do. "IMAGINATION" being the key word here.
thulium

Perris, CA

#111877 Apr 22, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,*THIS* oughtta be good!
<quoted text>
...of which YOU have no clue.
<quoted text>
Yes, you do. "IMAGINATION" being the key word here.
If you have a clue, please EXPLAIN.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#111878 Apr 22, 2014
thulium wrote:
<quoted text>If you have a clue, please EXPLAIN.
I'd prefer to hear your 'explanations' first, please.

Make sure to include chapter & verse for reference.

Thank you.
MrBob Jones

Canada

#111879 Apr 22, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhuh, it's NEVER the creationists fault.(shrug)
Haha I'm not saying that, they do all that too, i just find that evolutionists get alot more defensive and arrogant... No offence
MrBob Jones

Canada

#111880 Apr 22, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
They are welcome to their beliefs but their beliefs are immaterial to science. Perhaps if they weren't trying to push their beliefs into a science classroom, they wouldn't get so much crap.
<quoted text>
A number of us are or have been teachers. What have you been doing? Sitting on YOUR ass?
Well idk theres been many christian scientists, and you've obviously been sitting on your ass alot longer, as this is my fourth post compared to your 50th, and because you spoke in past tense, when you said "have been teachers",says alot. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min wichita-rick 192,786
News Man arrested after 'putting his PENIS on superm... 19 min wichita-rick 22
One Word (Jan '09) 34 min Princess Hey 16,272
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 36 min Princess Hey 82,117
2words into 2new words (May '12) 37 min Princess Hey 2,206
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 39 min Princess Hey 13,557
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 40 min Princess Hey 11,518
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 43 min Old Sam 145,406
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr Enzo49 7,194
True False Game (Jun '11) 2 hr Enzo49 12,395