Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#111669 Apr 18, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>First you say there is no fossil record then you say there is. Do you have any idea at all what in the f**k you're talking about???
<<Kong raises his hand and waves excitedly>>.

OOOH!! OOOH!!! I know! I know!

"No. He hasn't a freakin' clue as to what he's posting!"

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#111671 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
In tracing the alleged evolution of humans from primate ancestors, palaeoanthropologists have been frustrated by the existence of two extensive gaps In the fossil record. The first gap, known as the hominoid gap, goes from 32 to 22 million years ago on the evolutionary time-scale. This period is important because it is during this period that evolutionists believe that the ancestors of apes and humans were splitting off from the tine leading to the monkeys. Yet, with one possible exception,[1] this time-frame is devoid of hominoid fossil evidence to document this alleged divergence.
The second gap, known as the hominid gap, extends from 14 to 4.5 million years ago. This second period is equally critical for evolutionary theory because it is the time when the ancestors of the australopithecine and human group were allegedly diverging from the ancestors of the African apes, especially the chimpanzees. This period is also devoid of any relevant fossil material, except for a few fossil scraps too fragmentary for diagnosis. Thus, the recent news that the hominid 'missing link' has been discovered was greeted with great exuberance by the evolutionist community.
So you go from no fossil record to a record with gaps in it. Are you the new model fundie moron? You lie and then show the lie for what it is. That's great! I say phase out the old and bring in the new. Save us all some time.

Yes the fossil record has gaps. Many fewer gaps as new discoveries are made all the time. Thanks for pointing out what is well known. You are damned genius.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#111672 Apr 18, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
First you say there is no fossil record then you say there is. Do you have any idea at all what in the f**k you're talking about???
He is the new model fundie moron. Lies and then refutes the lies for us. Much more efficient than the old model.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#111673 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
No what I said is there is very sketchy incomplete fossils. We simply are not able to prove any of this with fossil records.
We can not possibly identify a bone that is millions of years old and make any sort of rational conclusions about what that bone is. It is pure speculation.
So now you are revealing how little you know about the fossil record, paleontology, and all other sciences. Man I love this new model fundie moron. What will they think of next.

Is this based on your expert opinion as a paleontologist with years of education, training and experience in the field or just from having eaten a lot of ribs?

Level 9

founded in facts.

#111674 Apr 18, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You, my friend, are an idiot.
Mega Props!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#111675 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
No what I said is there is very sketchy incomplete fossils. We simply are not able to prove any of this with fossil records.
No. That is EXACTLY what you said:
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no fossil record.
You are falling for half-truth because you are ignorant
SevenTee wrote:
We can not possibly identify a bone that is millions of years old and make any sort of rational conclusions about what that bone is. It is pure speculation.
Because YOU cannot make any rational conclusions does not mean the thousands of scientists who - unlike yourself - are trained and experienced in the science can't come to conclusions. And they have.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111676 Apr 18, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
There *IS* a fossil record.
You are falling for half-truth because you are ignorant.
(See? We can BOTH play that game. Except we actually DO have the fossil record!)
I don't think he quite gets to half truth.. When he runs to CARM and AiG for "facts" it's closer to an eighth.

Orlando

#111678 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are trying to argue, I never said any of that.
Of course there are fossils, the problem is we have no idea what the fossil is or was. It is purse speculation and quite frankly a waste of time because there is absolutely no documentation that can verify any of the evolution business to the level that some of these scientists claim. Most of these types are desperate to get something published in a scientific journal because their teaching position depends upon publishing.
Correction:

*YOU* "have no idea what the fossil is or was."

Orlando

#111681 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are trying to argue, I never said any of that.
Of course there are fossils, the problem is we have no idea what the fossil is or was. It is purse speculation and quite frankly a waste of time because there is absolutely no documentation that can verify any of the evolution business to the level that some of these scientists claim. Most of these types are desperate to get something published in a scientific journal because their teaching position depends upon publishing.
Continued:

Do not attempt to project YOUR ignorance on others.

Yes, there ARE things we are not quite sure of .... yet. For example: the colors exhibited by dinosaurs, whether or not they had feathers (some did), the nature of the noises they made, etc. BUT the fossil evidence we DO have is very specific, and fits nicely with the other evidence from genetics, geology, etc.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#111683 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to believe whatever you wish.
As are you.
SevenTee wrote:
Good luck in your quest for knowledge.
Thank you. The same to you.
SevenTee wrote:
But remember to blindly follow a political pseudo-scientific evolution theory takes more faith than knowledge or reason.
I've yet to do that but you remember to blindly follow a fundamental belief that takes more faith than knowledge or reason.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#111684 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!
Now the Topix poster is claiming his expertise in dinosaurs, birds, animal communication, genetics and geology!!
I am so glad to have met you on the Topix internet page, you have convinced me of the error of my ways and now I know the truth, my great great great great grandfather was an ape, and he might have been a grape ape just like the cartoon I saw on TV.
Expertise is not required. Knowledge of basics is. There is a huge difference.

Orlando

#111685 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!
Now the Topix poster is claiming his expertise in dinosaurs, birds, animal communication, genetics and geology!!
I am so glad to have met you on the Topix internet page, you have convinced me of the error of my ways and now I know the truth, my great great great great grandfather was an ape, and he might have been a grape ape just like the cartoon I saw on TV.
"Expertise"?

I never claimed to be an expert. I *DID* have some classes in college, and am therefore MORE knowledgeable than a lot of folks, but am no 'expert' by any stretch of the imagination.

YOU no doubt have some (very limited)'expertise' in this area as well. And I can prove it.

Would you be able to tell the difference between a human skull and say, that of a bear, if they were side-by-side?

Or would you instead say they were identical species?

How about the difference between an ADULT human skull, and that of a CHILD's skull?

Or would you again think they were identical?

Be truthful.

Orlando

#111686 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!
...and yes. Your "great great great great grandfather WAS an ape.

Just like you, me, and the rest of humanity.

Humans *ARE* a species of ape.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/primate/prim_8.htm

"In addition to the great apes, the family Hominidae includes our species, Homo sapiens."

<additional reading at the above link>

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#111687 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!
OMG you've convinced me of the errors of my ways. I totally believe that all men are descendents of two daughters who got their father drunk and then seduced him to have his children/grandchildren (who knew the bible was a tale of the Beverly Hillbillies).

that all life on Earth were once passengers on a big boat
that the Earth not only stopped revolving around the Sun, but went backwards
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111688 Apr 18, 2014
bohart wrote:
.....From live science.com
The 9 biggest unsolved mysteries of physics,...by Natale Wolchover
#7....Why is there an arrow of time?
.... Time moves forward because of a property of the universe called entropy , roughly defined as the level of disorder , only increases, and so there is no way to reverse a rise in entropy after it has occurred. The fact that entropy increases is a matter of logic, there are more disordered arrangements of particles than there are ordered arrangements , and so as things change , they tend to fall into disarray. But the underlying question here is , why was entropy so low in the past? Put differently why was the universe so ordered at its beginning , when a huge amount of energy was crammed together in a small amount of space?..
Now this is a mystery to science , but I've no doubt they've never consulted the geniuses here on this thread.
I especially like the part ,...as things change ,they tend to fall into disarray.
Oh noes! TEH SLOT!! WE'RE DOOOOOOOOMED!!!!

BWAA HAA HAA HAA HAAAAAAAAA!!!
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111689 Apr 18, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>It is your side that has made a bunch of ignorant monkeys out of people.
Well, creationists WILL post here.(shrug)

Don't wanna look stupid? Stop posting stupid things or don't post.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111690 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no fossil record.
You are falling for half-truth because you are ignorant
There is no fossil record???

Wow.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

Take your time, bub.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111691 Apr 18, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>I have read passages that the Spirit of Truth has lead me to, but again I don't think you know what this means.
Course we do Mikey. It means your gullible as hell.

Otherwise you'd have *evidence* to present us.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111692 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
In tracing the alleged evolution of humans from primate ancestors, palaeoanthropologists have been frustrated by the existence of two extensive gaps In the fossil record. The first gap, known as the hominoid gap, goes from 32 to 22 million years ago on the evolutionary time-scale. This period is important because it is during this period that evolutionists believe that the ancestors of apes and humans were splitting off from the tine leading to the monkeys. Yet, with one possible exception,[1] this time-frame is devoid of hominoid fossil evidence to document this alleged divergence.
The second gap, known as the hominid gap, extends from 14 to 4.5 million years ago. This second period is equally critical for evolutionary theory because it is the time when the ancestors of the australopithecine and human group were allegedly diverging from the ancestors of the African apes, especially the chimpanzees. This period is also devoid of any relevant fossil material, except for a few fossil scraps too fragmentary for diagnosis. Thus, the recent news that the hominid 'missing link' has been discovered was greeted with great exuberance by the evolutionist community.
Except I've just filled that second gap. Took me 2 seconds.(shrug)

So since your buddies you just copy-pasted from lied about the second gap, why should we presume they're telling the truth about the first?

Keeping in mind of course the genetic evidence thrown in there too.

So far still waiting for a SINGLE rebuttal from you.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111693 Apr 18, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. Because remember, evolution is the ONLY theory that exists capable of making predictions based on the fossil record. Successfully too. Ergo, not pure speculation.

Just because YOU are ignorant of the fossil record and comparative anatomy doesn't mean everyone else is.

But thanks for contradicting yourself by just admitting that there DOES exist a fossil record.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CBC Manitoba's top 10 funny, weird, cute, offbe... 2 min Yeah 3
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 7 min Stormare 7,847
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min TALLYHO 8541 37,800
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 9 min dragoon70056 3,051
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min Michael 26,043
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 13 min Enzo49 138,430
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 14 min Old Sam 6,921
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr jimmy krack korn 152,913
Is it possible to....... 2 hr Dr Wu 619
More from around the web