Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
105,681 - 105,700 of 112,980 Comments Last updated 21 min ago

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see your racist point of view very clearly.
WHA??!

I guess only a racist would see something racist in that post. You sir, are a troll trying to start trouble. Thanks for clearing that up, it is clear now.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck can we just get back to discussing evolutionism and creationism instead of my vocab this is getting stupid im sorry if im not the best at spelling but thats not what this forum is dedicated to its to talk about creationism vs evolution so just shut up about my spelling
Poorly written posts may not be read with the intended meaning. Good communication is very, very important.

What thank me you when that could be sometimes butter. like much said by no meaning. you miss and suppert yur point.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are looking for a friend to share your racism with there was a guy named White Power on here a day or so ago. You guys could set around discussing date rape and making up gay jokes.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does one evolutionist claim man was a former ape and another claims man was not a former ape.
I thought this was science?
I guess it is just good old fashioned political correctness.
No. It is just that you can't comprehend what you read. Humans are an ape, but we did not evolve from them. That is what has been said and the way it remains. You are the one claiming we evolved from apes and monkeys.

Some people leave high school with and education. You just left and I am starting to think it was well before you were 18.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ya i do
Um no ya don't.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's the use of the term "ape".
We humans are members of the ape FAMILY, but human beings are not direct descendants of apes -- as in gorillas.
Instead, we share a common ancestor of ALL members of the ape family, including monkeys, gorillas and other species of ape.
So yes, we ARE 'apes', but we are not descended from apes (as in gorillas).
Perhaps that clarifies it a bit?
You have to spoon feed him. That is how he gets his information (if you can call it that).
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Um no ya don't.
Seriously why do you think you can tell me what i do and dont believe or do or know

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously why do you think you can tell me what i do and dont believe or do or know
You post here and you post a lot of erroneous information and wild ass unsupported claims. If you can't take the criticism, then you might want to consider walking away.
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You post here and you post a lot of erroneous information and wild ass unsupported claims. If you can't take the criticism, then you might want to consider walking away.
Your claims have so many holes its not even funny and thats not really criticism your just telling me what i do and don't believe which really isn't your place and just makes you seem as if your a six year old who doesn't know how to make a comeback

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claims have so many holes its not even funny and thats not really criticism your just telling me what i do and don't believe which really isn't your place and just makes you seem as if your a six year old who doesn't know how to make a comeback
You haven't shown any holes in the theory of evolution. Everything you have cut an pasted has been shredded. You really need to work on your insults and you still don't know what you are talking about. Night kiddo.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Read the Bible in Matthew 3:16&17 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Ok so one begotten the other beloved...

Who was the forsaken? And to today's date how many may claim that can we speak with GOD?

Direct line soon you would think he will take or make house calls...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you speak with em' long enough they know your daily schedule and start switching it around on you (maybe you get lucky and someone that likes you works the same shift), stick with a couple of your favorite foods and what you know..:)...

Level 6

in a city...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> U Rang?
Did I??? I could have sworn earlier I heard bells...

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
all im saying i believe things change and in natural selectionand all that i just dont believe something like fingers could turn into something new they will always remain fingers just as amoebas stay amoebas and apes stay apes

if you look at the complexity of things in themselves it seems impossible that they just evolved over time

i believe things mutate and in natural selection i just don't believe that an ape or something else would eventually change into you and i or something else
All of the above taken from your posts are merely statements of your incredulity. You offer no evidence, no logic, no reasoning. On the other hand, to your specific objections, reason and evidence has refuted them.
We don't reject all evidence a lot of christians believe in most of the things you do one of the only things we don't believe is that one animal can change into another and all you guys have to "prove" that one animal turns into another is fossil records with tons of holes and unobservable ideas
Some Christians do accept evolution, even full macro evolution.

We have more than the fossil record, although that would be enough.

In the sequence of fossils showing, step by step, a group of reptiles turning into mammals over a period of about 50 million years, we see every part of the transition, even the amazing transition of the bones of the jaw becoming the tiny bones of the middle ear in mammals. Not only that, but modern embryology shows the SAME transition as the bones of your middle ear start out in the jaw of the embryo and migrate to the middle ear during development.

This is just one of many transformations. We have a near perfect sequence from bipedal apes to humans. We have 30+ species of creatures that blur the line between dinosaurs and birds.

The evidence is huge and just keeps piling up, year after year.
Your personal incredulity is no answer to this.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok but we can never observe that right so it kinda stands that evolution is bs
Of course you can observe it.

You can take the fossil evidence and get out your tape measure and if you know enough, check for yourself that the hominid fossils from 4 million years are not like the ones from 2 or 1 millions years ago and not like the humans of today.

And you can check - NO humans like today's have been found older than 190,000 years. There is a continuum of change and if lined up by age, they show a gradual transition from apelike to humanlike. For example between 1.5 and 0.5 million years ago - we have over 40 specimens that fit the criteria for Homo Erectus and NONE from that era that fit the criteria for Homo Sapiens. And with your tape measure, you can see the many differences between H erectus and ourselves and they are all in the direction of "more apelike". And that is just one member of the continuum.

The "you weren't there" argument is a useless one. We might not have been there, but why would the fossil record line up so perfectly with what evolution predicted and would expect, if evolution was wrong? And not just for human evolution, but for species after species. NONE of the record matches what a Genesis Creationist would expect. ALL of it matches what an evolutionist would expect. No exceptions, millions of fossils. Creationists cannot even find ONE that breaks the evolutionary pattern.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does one evolutionist claim man was a former ape and another claims man was not a former ape.
I thought this was science?
I guess it is just good old fashioned political correctness.
The confusion arises because evolutionists get tired of pointing out that the theory does NOT say we evolved from chimpanzees. We did not evolve from chimpanzees. About 7 million years ago, ANOTHER ape species existed that would evolve separately into modern chimpanzees and modern humans. Thus we did not evolve from any MODERN ape, but we did evolve from an ape.

In other words, chimpanzees have continued to evolve too, since the separation of lineages.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see your feeble attempt at ad hominem attack when you lack any logical argument, very clearly. There was nothing racist in Kong's remarks. Pathetic.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep telling us what you don't believe.

You just seem too embarrassed to admit that your faith is in opposition to the scientific evidence, and is really based on nothing more than the hope that you will live forever.

I would be embarrassed too, if I were you and the truth of the matter were spelled out to me so plainly. The foundation of creationism is fear of death.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

Judged:

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text> Those who seek the truth will find the truth. No body could pay me enough to lie about this.
I didn't say you lied, I pointed out you were gullible.
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
I control my own thoughts and I have found my own evidence that proves the God of the Bible is the one true Creator and the Gospel of Jesus is true.
Wrong. The people who control your thoughts are long dead. And evidence is irrelevant to non-falsifiable concepts.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for one you guys all say well it just happened over time we can never experience evolution in our short life times doesn't that by its self make evolution questionable
Wrong. Just because we weren't there doesn't mean we can't tell that dinosaurs lived a long time ago in the past.

Same with hominid fossils. A million years ago human skeletons are slightly different than they are today. 2 million years ago they are slightly different to those from 1 million years ago. 3 million years ago they are slightly different to those from 2 million years ago.

So we can see the progression of change over time.

So either evolution happens or God magically poofs new animals into existence every few years or so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••