Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221438 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#111600 Apr 17, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I love Bavaria, I visit Munich quite frequently - it's one of my all-time favorite places. Do you live near it?
Unless Munich is in Cali and Wildomar is Berlin then nope but I used to..

We don't really have to many Germans on the Topix do we?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111601 Apr 17, 2014
I must read him more how he sees it I know he speaks much of Religion..

Tradition in all the aspects with a Religion realm not placed outward?

Because in that many nations as far as I re-call never lived/had such strict dogmas adhering to what seems strict to me anyways...

As much as I don't re-call any strict to LAW over seas...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111602 Apr 17, 2014
Ok later then for now I am going to see if there is a good movie on...
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111603 Apr 17, 2014
Could the Earth's interior have been structured by massive seismic waves? If the breaking up of the continental.plates caused seismic oscillations, then this may explain how things settled where they are and this would help us understand what appears to be great time scales that in reality happened quickly.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#111604 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
Could the Earth's interior have been structured by massive seismic waves? If the breaking up of the continental.plates caused seismic oscillations, then this may explain how things settled where they are and this would help us understand what appears to be great time scales that in reality happened quickly.
[FACE\PALM]
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111605 Apr 17, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
[FACE\PALM]
What??
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111606 Apr 17, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Oh yeah so if study is to apply to learn and then one learns...
Then what? Everyone's learning the same thing...
Talk about baking...
Have to wait for the frying chef and then I am asking as far as what is up in da KITCHEN and the POT?
Who's selectively preparing what?
Who can bake and supply out of home meals and baked good with 200 a month?
To use for food and if you are in though you don't get that much...
Hmmmm that's one of those Government I think confused not thinking it is has anything to do with ethics just misin formed to what is up?
Ponder The Love Wave and the good vibrations.

Orlando

#111607 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>What??
The fact that HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of exceptionally smart, VERY HIGHLY educated people, employing outrageously sophisticated, specialized geological detection equipment, field and university laboratories, supercomputers, while spending DECADES in the field, ALL designed to provide insight as to how the earth operates -- and YOU come up with YOUR cute little fairy tale (above) as to why THEY'RE WRONG?

YOU are a joke.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111609 Apr 17, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of exceptionally smart, VERY HIGHLY educated people, employing outrageously sophisticated, specialized geological detection equipment, field and university laboratories, supercomputers, while spending DECADES in the field, ALL designed to provide insight as to how the earth operates -- and YOU come up with YOUR cute little fairy tale (above) as to why THEY'RE WRONG?
YOU are a joke.
I don't care if there's hundreds of million's, if there wrong there wrong.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111610 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care if they're's hundreds of million's, if they're wrong there wrong.
I know I should have spelled this word they're,
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111611 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care if there's hundreds of million's, if they're wrong they're wrong.
Whatever

Orlando

#111612 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care if there's hundreds of million's, if there wrong there wrong.
Yet you have NO evidence whatsoever that they ARE wrong.

It just happens that the Old-Earth model is inconvenient to your particular narrow, uneducated, religiously-motivated version.

BTW, "News Flash": The Earth is in orbit around the Sun.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111613 Apr 17, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you have NO evidence whatsoever that they ARE wrong.
It just happens that the Old-Earth model is inconvenient to your particular narrow, uneducated, religiously-motivated version.
BTW, "News Flash": The Earth is in orbit around the Sun.
You must be referring to ECCLESIASTES 1:5, where Solomon was using a figure of speech about the sun rising and setting. We still today call it sun rise and sun set, but that is not the point. We know the Sun doesn't orbit around the Earth, but circuits are real.

Orlando

#111614 Apr 17, 2014
Statement on the Physical Age of the Earth and Universe
by the Affiliation of Christian Geologists

The Affiliation of Christian Geologists is committed to the historic Christian faith and to its meaningful integration with the best available science. This effort reflects our desire to serve God with all our minds. Data from science also help us to serve our neighbors and to care for God’s creation. Investigations of the Earth and the universe have been ongoing for hundreds of years using such scientific methodologies as:

-astronomical data from telescopes and satellites
-observation of the physical makeup and arrangement of earth and extraterrestrial materials

-chemical and physical analytical study of rocks, sediments, soils, water, air, ice, and meteorites found on Earth as well as lunar and Martian materials

-experimental synthesis to determine the origins of earth and extraterrestrial matter

-analytical determination of absolute ages of natural materials, and

-mathematical and computer modeling of the above observations and processes.

Beginning in the mid-1600’s, geologists and astronomers (including many Christians) have consistently found that the scientific evidence clearly favors a vast age for the earth and the universe. Current scientific calculations indicate that the universe began about 13 billion years ago and the earth about 4.6 billion years ago. These conclusions are based on cumulative evidence and are refined with each new study. All scientific knowledge is constrained by the limitations of the methods of inquiry and discovery. We are limited and sometimes mistaken in our understanding of both nature and Scripture, but ultimately the two must not conflict, both coming from the same Creator. Although Scripture contains essential information on origins that gives meaning and perspective, technical details of the method and timing of creation are not major concerns of the Biblical text, and many orthodox theologians do not see a conflict between the Bible and an old creation.

http://www2.wheaton.edu/ACG/ACGstatementv2_1....

Orlando

#111615 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>You must be referring to ECCLESIASTES 1:5, where Solomon was using a figure of speech about the sun rising and setting. We still today call it sun rise and sun set, but that is not the point. We know the Sun doesn't orbit around the Earth, but circuits are real.
Yeah? Tell this guy:

The Scriptural Basis for a Geocentric Cosmology
by Glenn Elert

http://hypertextbook.com/eworld/geocentric.sh...

Those who believe in the literal truth of the Bible are in for a shock. The Bible describes a cosmos that few of us would recognize today.

•The earth is fixed and immovable and lies at the center of all things. The sun moves about the earth, not the other way around. Use of the phrase "solar system" should therefore be avoided in favor of the more accurate "geosystem."

•The earth is flat and finite. Its boundary may be circular, but the earth is most certainly not a sphere as was hypothesized by Eratosthenes (a pagan scientist who lived two centuries before the birth of Christ). The placement of globes in public classrooms can only serve to promote ecology as a possible state religion.

•The sky is the roof over the earth -- a solid impervious barrier that protects both believers and non-believers from the waters beyond. The term "outer space" is a notion perpetrated by secular humanists, new age gurus, and other freethinkers.

•The stars on the sky are much smaller than the earth.(The word "on" is not a typographical error here.) The notion of "distant suns" is nothing more than a theory entertained by misguided scientists.

Or this guy:

The non-moving Earth & anti-evolution web page of The Fair Education Foundation, Inc.

Exposing the False Science Idol of Evolutionism, and Proving the Truthfulness of the Bible from Creation to Heaven...

Since 1973 - Online Since 1997

Marshall Hall, Founder & Author

http://www.fixedearth.com/

The Bible teaches that the Earth is stationary and immovable at the center of a "small" universe with the sun, moon, and stars going around it every day. All observational and experimental evidence--and non-occult math, i.e., true science--supports the Bible teaching.

http://www.fixedearth.com/subject_areas/subje...

"Sixty-Seven Scriptural References Which Tell Us That It Is The Sun And Not The Earth That Moves" (3 pgs)

"Grammatically and Semantically The Holy Bible Is Wholly Geocentric" (5 pgs)

(and additional nonsense)
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111616 Apr 17, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
Statement on the Physical Age of the Earth and Universe
by the Affiliation of Christian Geologists
The Affiliation of Christian Geologists is committed to the historic Christian faith and to its meaningful integration with the best available science. This effort reflects our desire to serve God with all our minds. Data from science also help us to serve our neighbors and to care for God’s creation. Investigations of the Earth and the universe have been ongoing for hundreds of years using such scientific methodologies as:
-astronomical data from telescopes and satellites
-observation of the physical makeup and arrangement of earth and extraterrestrial materials
-chemical and physical analytical study of rocks, sediments, soils, water, air, ice, and meteorites found on Earth as well as lunar and Martian materials
-experimental synthesis to determine the origins of earth and extraterrestrial matter
-analytical determination of absolute ages of natural materials, and
-mathematical and computer modeling of the above observations and processes.
Beginning in the mid-1600’s, geologists and astronomers (including many Christians) have consistently found that the scientific evidence clearly favors a vast age for the earth and the universe. Current scientific calculations indicate that the universe began about 13 billion years ago and the earth about 4.6 billion years ago. These conclusions are based on cumulative evidence and are refined with each new study. All scientific knowledge is constrained by the limitations of the methods of inquiry and discovery. We are limited and sometimes mistaken in our understanding of both nature and Scripture, but ultimately the two must not conflict, both coming from the same Creator. Although Scripture contains essential information on origins that gives meaning and perspective, technical details of the method and timing of creation are not major concerns of the Biblical text, and many orthodox theologians do not see a conflict between the Bible and an old creation.
http://www2.wheaton.edu/ACG/ACGstatementv2_1....
They are denying the power of God. When God does things in most cases miracles from him happen at once. What the mind of man can not comprehend is the kind of limitless power our Creator has.

Orlando

#111617 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>They are denying the power of God. When God does things in most cases miracles from him happen at once. What the mind of man can not comprehend is the kind of limitless power our Creator has.
....and who are YOU again?

...one that points out to God those of us who are denying of His power?

...and tells God how He choses to perform His works of Creation?

Wow.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111618 Apr 17, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah? Tell this guy:
The Scriptural Basis for a Geocentric Cosmology
by Glenn Elert
http://hypertextbook.com/eworld/geocentric.sh...
Those who believe in the literal truth of the Bible are in for a shock. The Bible describes a cosmos that few of us would recognize today.
•The earth is fixed and immovable and lies at the center of all things. The sun moves about the earth, not the other way around. Use of the phrase "solar system" should therefore be avoided in favor of the more accurate "geosystem."
•The earth is flat and finite. Its boundary may be circular, but the earth is most certainly not a sphere as was hypothesized by Eratosthenes (a pagan scientist who lived two centuries before the birth of Christ). The placement of globes in public classrooms can only serve to promote ecology as a possible state religion.
•The sky is the roof over the earth -- a solid impervious barrier that protects both believers and non-believers from the waters beyond. The term "outer space" is a notion perpetrated by secular humanists, new age gurus, and other freethinkers.
•The stars on the sky are much smaller than the earth.(The word "on" is not a typographical error here.) The notion of "distant suns" is nothing more than a theory entertained by misguided scientists.
Or this guy:
The non-moving Earth & anti-evolution web page of The Fair Education Foundation, Inc.
Exposing the False Science Idol of Evolutionism, and Proving the Truthfulness of the Bible from Creation to Heaven...
Since 1973 - Online Since 1997
Marshall Hall, Founder & Author
http://www.fixedearth.com/
The Bible teaches that the Earth is stationary and immovable at the center of a "small" universe with the sun, moon, and stars going around it every day. All observational and experimental evidence--and non-occult math, i.e., true science--supports the Bible teaching.
http://www.fixedearth.com/subject_areas/subje...
"Sixty-Seven Scriptural References Which Tell Us That It Is The Sun And Not The Earth That Moves" (3 pgs)
"Grammatically and Semantically The Holy Bible Is Wholly Geocentric" (5 pgs)
(and additional nonsense)
David wrote many of the PSALMS from his own.observations and many of them were just songs that he made up and gave to his musicians. Some of these other things are just a twisting of what is there. The Bible is true, it is our understanding of it that can be faulty.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#111619 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
Dude, um... just - no. Simply no.
Next question?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#111620 Apr 17, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf you prick i could say thecsame thing about your bs theory tgeres so many holes in your reasoning and none of you honestly know what being a christian even means
Oh we know what a christian is and means, we also know the topix variety is something else.
We even know what you are.

As far as my bs theory what is that, have I told you any theoretical or speculative physics or any other speculative hypothesis that is mine.

I think not.

I also think your emotions think for you, and your thinking is flawed.
This is not being critical, this is being honest.
'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moderators Pulling Posts 48 min Beautiful Black M... 10
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 57 min Chilli J 4,014
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 49,320
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 4,116
Memorable Movie Scenes. 1 hr T Bone 352
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 217,003
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 2 hr KellyP in Jersey 46,675
News Sea lion grabs girl, pulls her into water 2 hr Sublime1 17
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 3 hr honeymylove 2,518
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr Denny CranesPlace 75,162