Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223366 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#111631 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>They are denying the power of God. When God does things in most cases miracles from him happen at once. What the mind of man can not comprehend is the kind of limitless power our Creator has.
Sorry, not only is it easy to imagine and comprehend, it is child's-play. All you have to do is repeat 'its more than that' and 'anything is possible'. But, if you pick at it past the surface, it falls apart and we see no actual explanations at all--just myth making and superstition.

I am not denying the power of God. I am denying there is any evidence for the existence of God at all.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111632 Apr 17, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf you prick i could say thecsame thing about your bs theory tgeres so many holes in your reasoning and none of you honestly know what being a christian even means
You can't mention a single hole that we can't pick apart. And YOU don't even know what Christian means.

We know this because you're a liar for Jesus,

Remember, you do NOT know more about God than anyone else does. You're just another ego-driven fundie who THINKS he knows everything before you even bothered to get an education.(shrug)
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111633 Apr 17, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you guys such pricks im not run ing away from this discussion and there is proof of who wrote them + if you also read the brief description of each chapter found in just about every bible it clearly says who wrote it
Big whoop. The Bible ain't true cuz the Bible sez so.

Can't you read what the heck we're saying? Because you ARE running away from it all.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111634 Apr 17, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,*you think*,*you believe*. What *evidence* do you have for these beliefs? None. In fact, the evidence is that your beliefs are wrong.
No, you say the evidence for the truth of the scriptures is not real, and I have pointed out that it is right there in the assertion that all things in nature follow circuits or what we may call cycles.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111635 Apr 17, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, not only is it easy to imagine and comprehend, it is child's-play. All you have to do is repeat 'its more than that' and 'anything is possible'. But, if you pick at it past the surface, it falls apart and we see no actual explanations at all--just myth making and superstition.
I am not denying the power of God. I am denying there is any evidence for the existence of God at all.
Oh, there is plenty of evidence that nature works the way the Bible has always said it does, the problem is that your side will never admit it.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#111636 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, there is plenty of evidence that nature works the way the Bible has always said it does, the problem is that your side will never admit it.
Please give us examples of this 'evidence'.

“Merry Christmas”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Happy New Year

#111637 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, there is plenty of evidence that nature works the way the Bible has always said it does, the problem is that your side will never admit it.
Yes, the global science conspiracy is hiding the truth from everyone by basing their findings on the best evidence and sound conclusions. It just plain sucks for people who want things to be the way they believe they should be because of those pesky facts.

By the way, before you say it, I am not an atheist. Another fundie belief shattered.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#111638 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
the bible is nearly worthless to discover anything IRL, but is a tool in understanding human emotion. It does have value as to how humans can be taught without the modern tools of science to understand . In short it is a primitive way of teaching, better used on people before 1000 ad, after that date , only ignorance can substantiate it's use as a learning and social skill device.

If we can eventually teach the lower primates skills, the bible would be an excellent tool in
teaching monkeys and baboons as well as gorillas how to form a moral society based on the primitive human texts at discovering the world at large. but for us humans it has become..quite obsolete, outdated and worthless as a tool for learning.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#111639 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Ponder The Love Wave and the good vibrations.
Why would I ponder that? To feel alight to feel good and to feeling great?

So Palmers hand lotion? The hands that made Palmers must have had a brain...
I've heard of Palmers...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111640 Apr 17, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please give us examples of this 'evidence'.
I would like to see some results of some testing they have done too....

Computerization as supposedly it's all controlled by machine or mechanics in which field as who's got the only ones?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111641 Apr 17, 2014
Result Printouts that is...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111642 Apr 17, 2014
They make that seem like it's stuck in one...

GOD the same thing...

For how long had that been?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111643 Apr 17, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>They knew these things followed circuits.
The Breaker blew...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111644 Apr 17, 2014
I'll share my weed with you...

Toast...Uh ha Prost...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111645 Apr 17, 2014
Oh yeah did I tell you my town had an Army Airport field ...
Did my dealings there too...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111646 Apr 17, 2014
That wasn't where they held May day...

The one I am talking about... I think held specialized fast take of smaller planes...

I wonder what they used them for...

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#111647 Apr 17, 2014
.....From live science.com

The 9 biggest unsolved mysteries of physics,...by Natale Wolchover

#7....Why is there an arrow of time?
.... Time moves forward because of a property of the universe called entropy , roughly defined as the level of disorder , only increases, and so there is no way to reverse a rise in entropy after it has occurred. The fact that entropy increases is a matter of logic, there are more disordered arrangements of particles than there are ordered arrangements , and so as things change , they tend to fall into disarray. But the underlying question here is , why was entropy so low in the past? Put differently why was the universe so ordered at its beginning , when a huge amount of energy was crammed together in a small amount of space?..

Now this is a mystery to science , but I've no doubt they've never consulted the geniuses here on this thread.

I especially like the part ,...as things change ,they tend to fall into disarray.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#111648 Apr 17, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
the bible is nearly worthless to discover anything IRL, but is a tool in understanding human emotion. It does have value as to how humans can be taught without the modern tools of science to understand . In short it is a primitive way of teaching, better used on people before 1000 ad, after that date , only ignorance can substantiate it's use as a learning and social skill device.
If we can eventually teach the lower primates skills, the bible would be an excellent tool in
teaching monkeys and baboons as well as gorillas how to form a moral society based on the primitive human texts at discovering the world at large. but for us humans it has become..quite obsolete, outdated and worthless as a tool for learning.
It is your side that has made a bunch of ignorant monkeys out of people. The basics of how things really work in nature have not been taught to our children. It is surprising to me how many people get lost in forest because they did not know which way the sun rises and sets. If they knew when the sun is setting over their left shoulder or if it is rising over their right shoulder they are always looking north, and if it is rising on your left shoulder you are facing south, they could find their way without a compass. Due east is the direction the sun comes up and it sets in the west and if you pay attention to how you go into the woods you can go back out the way you went in. It would be helpful.to know these simple truths instead of wondering around lost.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#111649 Apr 18, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>It is your side that has made a bunch of ignorant monkeys out of people. The basics of how things really work in nature have not been taught to our children.
Yet YOU would teach our children:

~ The Universe was created in ONE WEEK
~ about 6000 years ago
~ the planet had a massive, world-wide flood 4500 years ago
~ which killed ALL LIFE ON EARTH (except for that on a boat)
~ the existence of giants, unicorns, talking snakes (serpents), and donkeys
~ the sun and moon stopped in the middle of the sky for a full day

...and more nonsense.

ALL of which is in your Bible.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#111650 Apr 18, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>It is your side that has made a bunch of ignorant monkeys out of people. The basics of how things really work in nature have not been taught to our children. It is surprising to me how many people get lost in forest because they did not know which way the sun rises and sets. If they knew when the sun is setting over their left shoulder or if it is rising over their right shoulder they are always looking north, and if it is rising on your left shoulder you are facing south, they could find their way without a compass. Due east is the direction the sun comes up and it sets in the west and if you pay attention to how you go into the woods you can go back out the way you went in. It would be helpful.to know these simple truths instead of wondering around lost.
My side? Exactly what are you proposing my side is?
If you mean science, where would you be without it? I'm also a sportsman and survivalist and in my element in the woods or on the water. Though I'm not a prepper, I mean I was a Boy Scout and consider myself a capable Ranger. So this monkey business is far fetched by some flung dung. Science and technology have brought you from looking at the sun and stars to get where you want , to tom toms and GPS, but the Ranger doesn't have to have them :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 9 min -Papa-Smurf- 19,071
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 10 min -Papa-Smurf- 17,295
2words into 2new words (May '12) 14 min -Papa-Smurf- 9,529
* Things You Don't Want To See * 16 min whatimeisit 133
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 25 min -Papa-Smurf- 21,722
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 30 min -Papa-Smurf- 7,977
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 58 min The Iron Man 34,949
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 1 hr Just Saying 1,323
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Whitey 230,617
Type the word Cat 2 hr Crazy Jae 224