Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222226 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#111466 Apr 16, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously why do you think you can tell me what i do and dont believe or do or know
You keep telling us what you don't believe.

You just seem too embarrassed to admit that your faith is in opposition to the scientific evidence, and is really based on nothing more than the hope that you will live forever.

I would be embarrassed too, if I were you and the truth of the matter were spelled out to me so plainly. The foundation of creationism is fear of death.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#111467 Apr 16, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text> Those who seek the truth will find the truth. No body could pay me enough to lie about this.
I didn't say you lied, I pointed out you were gullible.
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
I control my own thoughts and I have found my own evidence that proves the God of the Bible is the one true Creator and the Gospel of Jesus is true.
Wrong. The people who control your thoughts are long dead. And evidence is irrelevant to non-falsifiable concepts.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#111468 Apr 16, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for one you guys all say well it just happened over time we can never experience evolution in our short life times doesn't that by its self make evolution questionable
Wrong. Just because we weren't there doesn't mean we can't tell that dinosaurs lived a long time ago in the past.

Same with hominid fossils. A million years ago human skeletons are slightly different than they are today. 2 million years ago they are slightly different to those from 1 million years ago. 3 million years ago they are slightly different to those from 2 million years ago.

So we can see the progression of change over time.

So either evolution happens or God magically poofs new animals into existence every few years or so.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#111471 Apr 16, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Give up Dude. "Analogy" isn't in his vocabulary.
I can only try.

:-/
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness, i just never saw it as so many of you are trying to tell me whats what and sorry for bad spelling its not my string suit but this is a discusion about evolution and creationism not grammar
Good English should be the basis for every conversation, otherwise sometimes people won't know what you're talking about. That's why no-one understands Tink.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#111472 Apr 16, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ya i do
In that case you should have no problem with presenting objectively verifiable scientific evidence to back up your claims.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#111473 Apr 16, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's the use of the term "ape".
We humans are members of the ape FAMILY, but human beings are not direct descendants of apes -- as in gorillas.
Instead, we share a common ancestor of ALL members of the ape family, including monkeys, gorillas and other species of ape.
So yes, we ARE 'apes', but we are not descended from apes (as in gorillas).
Perhaps that clarifies it a bit?
So we are descended from apes, just not from currently living modern contemporaries.

But saying we are descended from apes is correct. Humans are apes, who descended from slightly different apes that lived in the past.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#111474 Apr 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see your racist point of view very clearly.
If that were true you'd be able to articulate what the heck you were talking about. Fact is, you can't.

Besides, if you want racism, go read the Bible. Especially Genesis. And I CAN articulate my position if you like. But then we both knew that already.

Man, you are dumb.

You ready to apologise for lying yet?

Thought so.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#111475 Apr 16, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously why do you think you can tell me what i do and dont believe or do or know
Only you can say what your beliefs are.

But we CAN tell what you know and what you don't know.

There's a difference between knowledge and belief. We only care about the former, not the latter.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#111476 Apr 16, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claims have so many holes its not even funny and thats not really criticism your just telling me what i do and don't believe which really isn't your place and just makes you seem as if your a six year old who doesn't know how to make a comeback
Yet you can't point to any holes. Any time you try we can correct you easily.

So you can add the concept of irony to those all those subjects that you don't know.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#111477 Apr 16, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop writing like a 3th grader. Deal?
Way to drag all 3rd grades done to Nick's level. You could have at least put the "home schooled" distinction in there.

Location hidden

#111478 Apr 16, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
My gosh your am ass just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean I'm stupid
Nick.... you being a 'christian' really has no bearing on why you are being perceived as 'stupid'.

The fact that you are arguing against a subject (evolution in this case) that you CLEARLY have no freaking clue about is why you are being perceived as 'stupid'.

BTW...It was your choice to come here and put your 'knowledge' on display. Either live with the criticism or stop claiming to 'know about things" then promptly shooting yourself in the foot.

Location hidden

#111479 Apr 16, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
The way your talking the fact that you said annalogy wasnt in my vocab makes you soumd like an ass
What does... you claiming to know about a subject, then promptly displaying your complete lack of knowledge of said subject, then acting all indignant because we don't respect your uninformed opinion... make you? A flippin' saint?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#111480 Apr 16, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ya i do
How's that?

God appeared before you and said "Yep. I wrote that".

You have an autographed copy of the bible that says "To Nick. Best wishes. God"
Dickweed

Ames, IA

#111481 Apr 16, 2014
Let me give you creationists something else to be pissed off about.

On the New Cosmos series, that scientist Neil Degrasse Tyson actually said, "Evolution is not just a scientific theory....IT"S A SCIENTIFIC FACT"

discuss......

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#111482 Apr 16, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So we are descended from apes, just not from currently living modern contemporaries.
But saying we are descended from apes is correct. Humans are apes, who descended from slightly different apes that lived in the past.
*I* understand that.

I was trying to differentiate "ape" (the family) from "ape" (as in the term used for a gorilla).

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#111483 Apr 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see your racist point of view very clearly.
WTF??? How was that racist?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#111484 Apr 16, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Know or believe?

Exactly.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#111485 Apr 16, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is trying to tell you what to believe or not believe. You welcome to your beliefs even if they are not shared by everyone. But when you say you KNOW something, you need to be able to back that up. There is no possible way to know who wrote the bible.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#111487 Apr 16, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claims have so many holes its not even funny and thats not really criticism your just telling me what i do and don't believe which really isn't your place and just makes you seem as if your a six year old who doesn't know how to make a comeback
You might want to try the "I'm rubber and you're glue..." response next.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#111488 Apr 16, 2014
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Way to drag all 3rd grades done to Nick's level. You could have at least put the "home schooled" distinction in there.
My apologies to 3rd graders the world over. I only meant to point out that his literary skills were consistent with that level. Though I will give him a point for capitalizing his own name (though he might have had help with that).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News not Real News: a look at what didn't happen thi... 8 min anonymous 20
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 1 hr Crazy Jae 541
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 1 hr Crazy Jae 3,966
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 1 hr Crazy Jae 5,907
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 1 hr Crazy Jae 5,477
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 1 hr Crazy Jae 26,793
Poll New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 1 hr Crazy Jae 961
Cyber Friendships real or not? (Nov '11) 1 hr Crazy Jae 1,264
More from around the web