Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 5,273)

Showing posts 105,441 - 105,460 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
Darwin was a hard core Racist and Sexist which is why Heathens, Atheists, KKK, Nazis, abortionists and slave owners latch on to the belief system:
"The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shown by man's attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than can woman—whether requiring deep thought, reason, or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands. If two lists were made of the most eminent men and women in poetry, painting, sculpture, music (inclusive both of composition and performance), history, science, and philosophy, with half-a-dozen names under each subject, the two lists would not bear comparison. We may also infer, from the law of the deviation from averages, so well illustrated by Mr. Galton, in his work on 'Hereditary Genius,' that if men are capable of a decided pre-eminence over women in many subjects, the average of mental power in man must be above that of woman."
-Charles Darwin, The Descent of M
Darwin was no more racist and sexist than any other person of his time and probably less than most.

This is just a straw man argument since you failed so miserably to argue against the science.

We are definitely seeing all the tired old propaganda being re-launched against the science. Must be some newby fundies that just stumbled onto the material.

Don't you fundies propose and operate under the premise that men are superior to women and don't mix the races and all that nonsense? Based on this you should embrace your wrong-headed view of Darwin rather than deny it. You are an IDIOT.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
No its not you just said that existing information creates new info with Darwin's finches for example the beaks changed a little but they were still just beaks they didn't change into fins or wings.
This just shows how little you know about the subject you are arguing against. The change in the beaks is only one change in the finches, but it adds new information. Macro mutations do occur in organisms, but are usually lethal and unsustainable. The theory doesn't require them and does not state that is how evolution progresses.

You are looking at science in the wrong way. It is does not progress by miracles.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Darwin was no more racist and sexist than any other person of his time and probably less than most.
This is just a straw man argument since you failed so miserably to argue against the science.
We are definitely seeing all the tired old propaganda being re-launched against the science. Must be some newby fundies that just stumbled onto the material.
Don't you fundies propose and operate under the premise that men are superior to women and don't mix the races and all that nonsense? Based on this you should embrace your wrong-headed view of Darwin rather than deny it. You are an IDIOT.
Please be honest, I have a question for you.

Do you think Black-African People had ancestors who were apes or monkeys?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
"Please be honest?" That is a laughable request coming from the likes of you, even if you hadn't deliberately followed it with a tasteless and backhanded ploy to fabricate a racist innuendo.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists believe in natural selection but natural selection isnt creating new info for an animal and i dont care if some of its copy and pasted i know what it all means and im willing to stand by it you know my step dad was a teacher so i already have a pretty clear idea of what is an isnt able to be backed up just like your evolutional theory
Your stepfather was a teacher??? Holy crap! Amazing. You're no doubt eligible for both a PhD and a Nobel prize.

/sarcasm

Do you realize that a number of us here actually ARE teachers, Junior?

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
Adolph Hitler has written that the Aryan (German) race would be the leader in all human progress. To accomplish that goal, all “lower races” should either be enslaved or eliminated. The theory of evolution and its “survival of the fittest” philosophy had taken root in Hitler’s warped mind.
Godwin.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
All of us had an ape-like ancestor. You included.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
All of us had an ape-like ancestor. You included.
Are you going to break it to him (again) that we are all still in the great ape family?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course they did. But then so did you. They are not any more closely related to other apes than you are. The amount of relationship to other apes is equal across all of humanity. Only creatard idiots try to claim that one is "more evolved" than another.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
Darwin was a hard core Racist and Sexist which is why Heathens, Atheists, KKK, Nazis, abortionists and slave owners latch on to the belief system:
"The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shown by man's attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than can woman—whether requiring deep thought, reason, or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands. If two lists were made of the most eminent men and women in poetry, painting, sculpture, music (inclusive both of composition and performance), history, science, and philosophy, with half-a-dozen names under each subject, the two lists would not bear comparison. We may also infer, from the law of the deviation from averages, so well illustrated by Mr. Galton, in his work on 'Hereditary Genius,' that if men are capable of a decided pre-eminence over women in many subjects, the average of mental power in man must be above that of woman."
-Charles Darwin, The Descent of M
Nope, creatards do not realize that the word "races" back then was used in much the same way that we use "species" today.

And why do these foaming at the mouth Christians keep forgetting that Hitler was one of their own?

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, I think you are a COMPLETE IDIOT.

No humans had apes or monkeys for ancestors. Though I can see you are giving it a personal go at convincing us you do.

Evolution has never said or supported that humans evolved from apes or monkeys. We are an ape. We share a common ancestor with apes and further back with monkeys.

Why do you hate others so much?

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an interesting aside that the dishonest ask others to please be honest. Especially when those others are honest.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, creatards do not realize that the word "races" back then was used in much the same way that we use "species" today.
And why do these foaming at the mouth Christians keep forgetting that Hitler was one of their own?
It is easier to rewrite history than to admit to it.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to break it to him (again) that we are all still in the great ape family?
He is that crazy uncle that no one wants to admit a relationship to.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>

Since you are exactly the same species, you expect to have different predecessors?
Well some of us , all excluding sub Saharan Africans have a little of a different type ape in us.
But we all came from a bunch of apes :) bot none of us came from monkey's, they're our cousins. None of our fathers were monkeys, but an uncle's family became a tribe of monkeys :)

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Shhhhh! Don't break the guy's heart just yet.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>

...Do you realize that a number of us here actually ARE teachers, Junior?
And scientists, and engineers...
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stepfather was a teacher??? Holy crap! Amazing. You're no doubt eligible for both a PhD and a Nobel prize.
/sarcasm
Do you realize that a number of us here actually ARE teachers, Junior?
My gosh your stupid all i was saying is that i have an open opinion and can tell when somethings bs
And font reply by telling me im oh soo stupid because i cant see that evolution is real it clearly isnt its full of holes

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
My gosh your stupid all i was saying is that i have an open opinion and can tell when somethings bs
And font reply by telling me im oh soo stupid because i cant see that evolution is real it clearly isnt its full of holes
NOT!

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
My gosh your stupid...
Someone making the accusation "My gosh 'your' stupid..." shouldn't have the right to make that kind of exclamation at all.

Before you call other people stupid Nick, think first. You're addressing an educated crowd of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 105,441 - 105,460 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••