Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221399 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Nick

Canada

#111409 Apr 15, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Your beliefs don't matter.
But more fingers change you. Your dad might have four fingers while you have five. That makes you quite different. Or you could have a child with six fingers.
Or you may have been born with a mutation that allows you to digest something that didn't exist before 1933.
More information.
<quoted text>
No, humans stay hominids. Hominids stay primates. Primates stay mammals. Mammals stay chordates. Chordates stay animals.
But life STILL changes over time.
In apes for example (humans are a species of ape by the way) millions of years ago they had smaller craniums, more prominent facial features and stooped posture. Gradually they walked more upright, their faces flattened and their skull cavities got larger.
Just small changes over time which eventually mount up.
But these small changes don't add up to make something new and extraordinary the fingers are still fingers and what you described is a useful mutation nothing else that person would still be a person not something else
Nick

Canada

#111410 Apr 15, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. Evidence doesn't support it.
<quoted text>
I did.
<quoted text>
Precisely the problem.
<quoted text>
Actually they can't, since God is not in the Bible. Even if such a thing does exist.
Fact is the Bible is the works of an ancient peoples who sought to control a gullible populous by the least amount of effort necessary. They succeeded.
um God is in the bible and these ancient peoples some of them where there and others were told through God and there was many of them through many hundreds of years who wrote books of the bible and all the books are connected

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#111411 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
For the last time this is a discussion about evolution and creationism not literature and
grammar at least you can understand the basis of what im saying so stop being such a grammar nazi
Yeah.

I mean, having to expend all that extra energy to enter in all of those periods and commas just to make your posts more legible.

Geeze!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#111412 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know what you posted i never saw it
I see. You're easily confused. I try to keep that in mind for the future.
Nick wrote:
Andeven when its nkt a word my words still stand
Given your spelling, grammar and punctuation, your word falls flat in its ass.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#111413 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Um you know it does say in the bible in many of its book who it was written by
It says that in the bible? Holy crap! I guess that proves it. After all the bible is true because the bible says its true. Putz.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#111414 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for one you guys all say well it just happened over time we can never experience evolution in our short life times doesn't that by its self make evolution questionable
Only to the weak minded and the uneducated.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#111415 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
For the last time this is a discussion about evolution and creationism not literature and
grammar at least you can understand the basis of what im saying so stop being such a grammar nazi
Then stop writing like a 3th grader. Deal?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#111416 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm not picking on your grammar skills, it's just an observation that since you quoted one word to emphasize irony, you obviously have enough knowledge to use punctuation. But since you choose not to it shows you're lazy, and that explains quite a bit. That's all.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#111417 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok but we can never observe that right so it kinda stands that evolution is bs
You haven't the faintest idea of what has been observed. So why don't you go get an education then come back when you have some idea of what your talking about.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#111418 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
All you did was take away the i and add an o its still the same letters a z didn't mutate itself into theire
Give up Dude. "Analogy" isn't in his vocabulary.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#111419 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text> um God is in the bible and these ancient peoples some of them where there and others were told through God and there was many of them through many hundreds of years who wrote books of the bible and all the books are connected
You may believe that but you do not KNOW that.
Nick

Canada

#111420 Apr 15, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. You're easily confused. I try to keep that in mind for the future.
<quoted text>
Given your spelling, grammar and punctuation, your word falls flat in its ass.
My goodness, i just never saw it as so many of you are trying to tell me whats what and sorry for bad spelling its not my string suit but this is a discusion about evolution and creationism not grammar
Nick

Canada

#111421 Apr 15, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Give up Dude. "Analogy" isn't in his vocabulary.
My gosh your am ass just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean I'm stupid

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#111422 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness, i just never saw it as so many of you are trying to tell me whats what and sorry for bad spelling its not my string suit but this is a discusion about evolution and creationism not grammar
If you don't want to be considered a hick, don't write like one.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#111423 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never said you were stupid because you are a Christian; therefore, I am not an ass We call this logic. Ever heard of it?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#111424 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok but we can never observe that right so it kinda stands that evolution is bs

We can observe in retrospective , and the power or deduction in this way is POWERFUL and a tool especially when combined with the mutation calculations such as molecular clockwork'.. and fossil evidence to accurately paint a picture of the history of humanity, and all creatures related.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...

We can see things not so painfully obvious as preschool cognitive abilities can identify at a glance. We also know, and YES we do indeed KNOW , exclamation point! Know.
Beyond the simpletons mind and all your objections to this knowledge as to these determinations of the history of Humans and their predecessors, and all life on Earth in general. Is a scope laid down in HARD science with evidence ill-refutable and determined long ago as axioms of science.

Refusal to acknowledge these things does not help you qualify any correspondence, or help you appear to be on the same page with the professors of knowledge , and will not gain you any advance in academic or intellectual value.

But will indeed further sink you in ostracization with the feeble minded and religiously retarded people you so belong with.

Nick

Canada

#111425 Apr 15, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never said you were stupid because you are a Christian; therefore, I am not an ass We call this logic. Ever heard of it?
The way your talking the fact that you said annalogy wasnt in my vocab makes you soumd like an ass

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#111426 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I give you credit for not writing 'stoopid'

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#111427 Apr 15, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
The way your talking the fact that you said annalogy wasnt in my vocab makes you soumd like an ass
Well, you didn't get the analogy so what do you expect? And it was VERY simple.

BTW, congratulations. You only spelled three words wrong in that one sentence.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#111428 Apr 15, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>I don't just display my Bible for show, I keep it to read and learn from. My favorite verse is JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Is that how it reads ? Does it say my only begotten SON JESUS?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 3 min SweLL GirL 36,532
True False Game (Jun '11) 4 min SweLL GirL 14,592
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 5 min SweLL GirL 32,973
Word Association (Mar '10) 6 min SweLL GirL 22,104
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 9 min Lifelover 24
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 14 min Huckleberry 74,409
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 16 min unreals_dad 16,563
What Is Your DREAM JOB? 37 min Lifelover 67
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 57 min Charlie 215,511
A to Z songs by title or group! 1 hr Camilla 1,595