Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
105,201 - 105,220 of 112,860 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
THE LONE WORKER

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up. if you did wrong, you did wrong, and not Jesus or God himself has the power to cleanse you. What a load of irresponsible horseshit.
The only people who can cleanse you are those you have wronged - actual people who have been hurt by your actions. You can ask their forgiveness or you can try to make it up to them or failing that make it up to others by your future actions.
This craven cult thinking that a man in the sky can undo what you have done merely by your begging and god ass kissing is pathetic and childish..
You may be looking for some sort of good to come from people. I am looking for good things to come from the Creator of the universe and he has given us his word on how to please him. There is only one way to become right with our Creator and that is through and by faith in his only begotten Son Jesus. Trying to get forgiveness from every person we have ever done wrong by asking them personally would be impossible in most cases. How could you ask everyone that you have deceived about evolution person by person? If you missed only one according to your way of looking at this , you would be doomed. It doesn't work that way and some people just want to be stubborn and exact vengeance without ever forgiving.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

The Dude wrote:
So I've not long left a linky to TalkReason to answer Tinka's question about all the various court cases which have ruled IDCreationism un-Constitutional and why evolution is not. I'm not sure, but I think I found a while back that Topix doesn't allow a linky to that site in particular. Not sure if it was this one or TalkOrigins, but I suspected that fundies a while back complained to the Almighty Topix Mods to have it removed under some laughable claim of "religious bigotry" or some such, and were successful.
I'll find out tomorrow when I'll be on a different computer.
Turns out I was right. So here's a modified version of my post, with a modified linky for any who are interested.
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>I hope Nick doesn't listen to a thing you are saying as far as what has barriers and not...Who has RIGHTS there are some that actually do...
As far as COURT which one?
To what Nation under one ROOF????
Hey tuff times not just a few selected anymore...To Elites and though it can make things tuffer from tuff to tougher... it's a getting through alright...Ruff and BUFF...
Which one? ALL of them, since 1925. Take your pick:

wwwDOTtalkreasonDOTorg/article s/HistoryID.cfm

Fact is it's illegal for the fundies to push creationism in public schools, and illegal to take evolution out of public schools to appease the fundies. So not only do the fundies always lose in the scientific arena, but in the legal arena too.

The only stuff they can get away with is breaking the law. They just have to keep praying that nobody sues them.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, feed your mother some corn so she might be worth something at the market
Oh hey Bo. I see that while you're spewing more ad hom rhetoric you're avoiding answering my questions as usual and failing to refute biology. Any idea when you're gonna start coming up with something of substance?

Take yer time Bo. We got our whole lives ahead of us.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Tinka wrote:
Rain man and what parts...
They say it is close at hand an end...well to assume it could be...
What has one learned?
Do you put claim in any of that are you certified in something took title classified?
Fun fun when it is done...
DONE? SON???
Man I have heard some bizarre things in my time I suppose some I don't even re-call at the moment and to some strange thought you think let's see how much could think up and or not to letting go....
One that wants to understand?
For what as to what their day holds...
Tinka, some of your posts remind me of the ramblings of Hunter Thompson while in one of his inebriated states. Ring a bell?

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Tinka wrote:
WHo-a t who or what... connects U@ 2 ?
Well,@ obviously...
Next question?

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>You may be looking for some sort of good to come from people. I am looking for good things to come from the Creator of the universe and he has given us his word on how to please him. There is only one way to become right with our Creator and that is through and by faith in his only begotten Son Jesus. Trying to get forgiveness from every person we have ever done wrong by asking them personally would be impossible in most cases. How could you ask everyone that you have deceived about evolution person by person? If you missed only one according to your way of looking at this , you would be doomed. It doesn't work that way and some people just want to be stubborn and exact vengeance without ever forgiving.
Wow Lone, you bring faith to a whole new level here.

"...he has given us his word on how to please him" Seriously? Is this Jim Jones you're talking about?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Feeling the fundamentalist Christian love.

I just figure you are hungry and looking to see if two could eat as cheap as one. Just like a modern horse and a sparrow, the descendant of dinosaurs.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>A loving God created the universe and then he made man. When the first man disobeyed God, things must have changed from how they were when God first created the universe. The Bible says man caused death to come into the world and through one man (Jesus) death will be done away with. The loving Creator has given Jesus all power to prepare a New Heaven and Earth where there will be no more death for all the people who go there.
Why would anyone want to reject such a great salvation?
For the same reason sane people reject looking for a leprechaun's pot o' gold at the end of a rainbow.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How did I lie, goad about or mock the French language? The Academie Francaise IS inventing French words to replace English technical terms, English DID evolve in England and you ARE a francophile. As for being an irrational and irascible feminist, if you want to excuse your attitude on hormones, fine.
Can you not read, I wrote “you were the one who repeatedly mocked and lied about the French influence in the English language”– notice that word influence?

Ahh a new word “evolve”,(that I have used several times in discussion with Charles while trying to get the discussion back in track) somewhat different than “originate” so perhaps you are leaning towards my point of view after all?

Yes I have a liking for France, which in no what influences the historical facts of the development of the English language. By far the vast majority of that influence occurred hundreds of years before I was born. So to imply that because I like France is the reason I say that France has had an influence on the English language is really quite pathetic and not even worthy of Charles, yet alone you.

BTW I like Britain and Italy just as well but again, I am sorry to say that even those likings have not had any influence on the English language.

Ahh don’t you just love the sexism that drips from the big testosterone fuelled man because a mere woman does not agree with the big testosterone fuelled mans wording and I have provided the FOOKING evidence to back me up. Honey if you want to blame hormones on your stupidity then feel free but don’t try the cowards way out by using sexist stereotypes to shift the blame.

Honey, your egotestical (correct spelling) raving is getting the better of you, time you took your meds…

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>A loving God created the universe and then he made man. When the first man disobeyed God, things must have changed from how they were when God first created the universe. The Bible says man caused death to come into the world and through one man (Jesus) death will be done away with. The loving Creator has given Jesus all power to prepare a New Heaven and Earth where there will be no more death for all the people who go there. Why would anyone want to reject such a great salvation?
Meh.

I saw a religious service on the news the other day where the reverend was thankful for the miracle that some survived the Oso mudslide. Of course, not so much of a miracle for the 36 (and counting) poor folks who choked to death on mud. Now if they had ALL survived, I might believe in miracles.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is why you will remain an idiot. Those places you mentioned were all influenced by England. So, England and the local population has something to do with the dialects.
England has nothing to do with American or Australian etc spelling or dialect.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't know all languages are a mishmash of one another. Your beloved French, German, Latin and Greek, are not an exception.
So they did not “originate”– as you originally claimed?

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English was first spoken as a language in England. That is the reason why its inhabitants are solely called the English. English to date, is the international language of commerce, etc, not French.
There is a difference between modern spoken as a language and the origination of the words – a vast difference.

Been here before, the people of England are called English because the land was called the land of the Angles. I have provided several sources to prove this and in your deliberate ignorance you choose to ignore those sources and opt to continue with your childish wet dreams. The language is called after the people, not the other way round.

To date?– Bollocks, also been here before and again provided evidence, up until WW1 French was the international language. The adoption of English is a recent occurrence and one based on the inherent flexibility of the language.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another insightful comment from BlowHrd.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Lone, you bring faith to a whole new level here.
"...he has given us his word on how to please him" Seriously? Is this Jim Jones you're talking about?
The universe is made of Love because God created humans for no other reason than to worship Him, was furious when they discovered knowledge and He Loves humans even though He killed 99.99999% of them with a deliberate global catastrophe and created a pit of eternal torture in which to put those souls that don't toady up by their own "free will" - but had His alter ego temporarily killed as a sacrifice to Himself so that modern humans can be grateful that they don't have to follow all of the rules He previously demanded they follow but apparently His alter ego never learned how to write because He had Paul pen half of His new Book for Him ... Because the universe is made of Love.

Sounds like somebody missed His meds.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe is made of Love because God created humans for no other reason than to worship Him, was furious when they discovered knowledge and He Loves humans even though He killed 99.99999% of them with a deliberate global catastrophe and created a pit of eternal torture in which to put those souls that don't toady up by their own "free will" - but had His alter ego temporarily killed as a sacrifice to Himself so that modern humans can be grateful that they don't have to follow all of the rules He previously demanded they follow but apparently His alter ego never learned how to write because He had Paul pen half of His new Book for Him ... Because the universe is made of Love.
If it weren't for talking snakes, we'd be dumb , trapped and enslaved forever.
Such ridiculous concepts come from the buy bull.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you not read, I wrote “you were the one who repeatedly mocked and lied about the French influence in the English language”– notice that word influence?
Ahh a new word “evolve”,(that I have used several times in discussion with Charles while trying to get the discussion back in track) somewhat different than “originate” so perhaps you are leaning towards my point of view after all?
Yes I have a liking for France, which in no what influences the historical facts of the development of the English language. By far the vast majority of that influence occurred hundreds of years before I was born. So to imply that because I like France is the reason I say that France has had an influence on the English language is really quite pathetic and not even worthy of Charles, yet alone you.
BTW I like Britain and Italy just as well but again, I am sorry to say that even those likings have not had any influence on the English language.
Ahh don’t you just love the sexism that drips from the big testosterone fuelled man because a mere woman does not agree with the big testosterone fuelled mans wording and I have provided the FOOKING evidence to back me up. Honey if you want to blame hormones on your stupidity then feel free but don’t try the cowards way out by using sexist stereotypes to shift the blame.
Honey, your egotestical (correct spelling) raving is getting the better of you, time you took your meds…
Yada, yada, lady. I really don't care whether you are a radical feminist. You call me a misogynist for using run of the mill idioms while you simultaneously fancy a language that is itself divided into masculine and feminine. Sounds to me like you're a tribalist with polarity issues. <shrug>

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that sounds a bit far fetched - I'll pass thank you.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yada, yada, lady. I really don't care whether you are a radical feminist. You call me a misogynist for using run of the mill idioms while you simultaneously fancy a language that is itself divided into masculine and feminine. Sounds to me like you're a tribalist with polarity issues. <shrug>
That's one thing I like about Portuguese. You can have a room full of women, and they'd be referred to as 'Elas', but enter 1 male and they all become 'Eles'.

Ahh, Latin...

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And I don’t care about your wet dreams and childish fantasies

If you use sexism as a run of the mill idiom then you are fixing a stereotype of man that is outdated and not deserved in this age, certainly not in civilised countries. Perhaps you have a surplus of testosterone, these hormones can be a real bugger sometimes and are particularly prevalent in the man with sexual problems.

Why do you assume I fancy any language? Just because I have proven that many French words have influenced the English language does not mean I fancy the language, it simply means that you have problems accepting the facts that words from several languages (to your dismay, including French) have influenced the English language.

But hey if all you can to is get personal because you have nothing else then go for it.

Perhaps your slave bitch is chained to the kitchen sink with just enough chain to reach you when you shout “hey bitch get me a beer”– right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

141 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do you lIke Topix? (Mar '12) 4 min Tehee 26
Which female is the biggest flirt? (Nov '12) 7 min honeymylove 125
How Did You Find TOPIX? (Mar '13) 8 min Tehee 54
Only a COWARD would hit a woman (Dec '12) 10 min AHarleyhoney 105
conversation using song lyrics (Aug '13) 12 min wichita-rick 1,803
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 14 min cjt12 5,683
Chain Link Game! (Apr '12) 15 min cjt12 6,235
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 16 min -Lea- 15,077
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 40 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 34,966