Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“A have offended, Brickie, Dark”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Blue, Suncore, Replay whoever

#110900 Apr 9, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why di you guys feel like you have to be such jerks you do know theres this thing called freedom of religion
No one is preventing you from practicing your religious beliefs. When did disagreeing with someone become suppressing their rights? Why is it that those that want to force their particular religious views on everyone else seem to fall on using this as a defense?

Nick you are making one of the basic mistakes of learning. You have decided you have all the answers.

“A have offended, Brickie, Dark”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Blue, Suncore, Replay whoever

#110901 Apr 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
On rare occasions a mutation in DNA improves a creature's ability to survive, so it is more likely to reproduce (natural selection). That is evolution's only tool for making new creatures. It might even work if it took just one gene to make and control one part. But parts of living creatures are constructed of intricate components with connections that all need to be in place for the thing to work, controlled by many genes that have to act in the proper sequence. Natural selection would not choose parts that did not have all their components existing, in place, connected, and regulated because the parts would not work. Thus all the right mutations (and none of the destructive ones) must happen at the same time by pure chance. That is physically impossible. To illustrate just how hopeless it is, imagine this: on the ground are all the materials needed to build a house (nails, boards, shingles, windows, etc.). We tie a hammer to the wagging tail of a dog and let him wander about the work site for as long as you please, even millions of years. The swinging hammer on the dog is as likely to build a house as mutation-natural selection is to make a single new working part in an animal, let alone a new creature.
Well pasted from all the anti-science propaganda material. Previously refuted here, in the field, in the laboratory, the science literature and court.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110902 Apr 9, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why di you guys feel like you have to be such jerks you do know theres this thing called freedom of religion
Adam and Eve
Talking snakes
Talking donkeys
Global flood
Flat Earth
Fish submarines
You mean anybody who comprehends that nothing on that list is real is a jerk for saying so?

Freedom of religion... I suppose you mean that certain allowances in reality should be made for Christian believers under the headings of tolerance, diversity and acceptance? How do you feel about atheists, Moonies, Scientologists, Shiites, Wiccans and Leveyan Satanists, then? Do you honestly think anyone believes you wouldn't rather vote for a certifiably insane fundamentalist snake handler than any of the above if they were running for a senate seat?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110903 Apr 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
On rare occasions a mutation in DNA improves a creature's ability to survive, so it is more likely to reproduce (natural selection). That is evolution's only tool for making new creatures. It might even work if it took just one gene to make and control one part. But parts of living creatures are constructed of intricate components with connections that all need to be in place for the thing to work, controlled by many genes that have to act in the proper sequence. Natural selection would not choose parts that did not have all their components existing, in place, connected, and regulated because the parts would not work. Thus all the right mutations (and none of the destructive ones) must happen at the same time by pure chance. That is physically impossible. To illustrate just how hopeless it is, imagine this: on the ground are all the materials needed to build a house (nails, boards, shingles, windows, etc.). We tie a hammer to the wagging tail of a dog and let him wander about the work site for as long as you please, even millions of years. The swinging hammer on the dog is as likely to build a house as mutation-natural selection is to make a single new working part in an animal, let alone a new creature.
70, are you going to pretend you authored this or are you going to provide a citation?

The fallacy (of this part of Fischer's argument - there are many more) is that evolution does not work on the organism, it works on the instruction set. If you tied a pencil to a dog's tail and set it loose to walk on a blueprint for millions of years - with the auto-correction eraser of natural selection following him about, you could end up with plans for an entire apartment building.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110904 Apr 9, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Well pasted from all the anti-science propaganda material. Previously refuted here, in the field, in the laboratory, the science literature and court.
Good spotting. I thought there was something a little suspicious about his usage of grammar, what with it being correct and all. Shame his science wasn't.

Yes, people, turns out SevenTee so doesn't have a clue he resorted to google to copy-paste any old BS which he liked the sound of, then left out the proper citation. The difference with us, we tend to use our own words, THEN use a citation to back ourselves up to show that we're not making stuff up. And then we can usually discuss the subject.

Dishonesty is the creationist's modus operandi.
Chemist

Virginia Beach, VA

#110905 Apr 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
But "prof", you made a mistake before you even finished your first sentence. So you've got no chance of getting there.
<quoted text>
Which only demonstrates that creationism is as inconsistent as we've always thought. Meaning you don't have a scientific argument.
<quoted text>
You're a little short,'prof'.
<quoted text>
Wrong. You talking about shrimp? Coelecanth? They are NOT the same as today, however since evolution doesn't insist on uniform mutation rates all across the board your point is moot anyway.
So why not cut the BS about you having a better scientific explanation and just say that you don't believe in evolution cuz the Bible sez Goddidit with magic? It would save a lot of time.
Bye bye then.
You are mistaken, God did it out of great love not majic. Love, something else that can never be measured, identified or prooven. Yet I think we would all agree love exists. I pray we will also agree, creationism and evolution are not science based but faith based and therefor should be left out of science classes. More appropriately these beliefs as to our existence should be in theology classes. As for a better scientific explanation, there can never be one since the conditions and observations of today can never be proven to be true in the begining.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#110906 Apr 9, 2014
Chemist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken, God did it out of great love not majic. Love, something else that can never be measured, identified or prooven. Yet I think we would all agree love exists. I pray we will also agree, and evolution are not science based but faith based and therefor should be left out of science classes. More appropriately these beliefs as to our existence should be in theology classes. As for a better scientific explanation, there can never be one since the conditions and observations of today can never be proven to be true in the begining.
Except there *IS* evidence for evolution, whether or not YOU accept it.

Evolution is science, and it will continue to be taught in US public schools.
Creationism is religion, and is illegal to be taught in those schools.

Teach creationism at church, at home, or on the corner of 1st and Main.
But not in public schools.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110907 Apr 9, 2014
Uhu...sure and all is GOOD...

No attention placed none ever again...

What and who are you????

I think I will have a bite to eat...

Level 6

in a city...

#110908 Apr 9, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I assume you are referring to that small number of scientists and pseudoscientists that support ID and young earth creationism. They weren't ignored. What they said has been evaluated and shown not to be supported by a evidence and the basic tenants to be untestable and thus not science. It can't even hold up in court. You said it yourself. It is belief. That is what you clearly have.
Denial and ignorance have no age barrier.
I hope Nick doesn't listen to a thing you are saying as far as what has barriers and not...Who has RIGHTS there are some that actually do...
As far as COURT which one?

To what Nation under one ROOF????

Hey tuff times not just a few selected anymore...To Elites and though it can make things tuffer from tuff to tougher... it's a getting through alright...Ruff and BUFF...

Level 6

in a city...

#110909 Apr 9, 2014
P ass and Jesus himself did HE CALL HIMSELF ONE????

Level 6

in a city...

#110910 Apr 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Good spotting. I thought there was something a little suspicious about his usage of grammar, what with it being correct and all. Shame his science wasn't.
Yes, people, turns out SevenTee so doesn't have a clue he resorted to google to copy-paste any old BS which he liked the sound of, then left out the proper citation. The difference with us, we tend to use our own words, THEN use a citation to back ourselves up to show that we're not making stuff up. And then we can usually discuss the subject.
Dishonesty is the creationist's modus operandi.
I don't agree with that last part of your post at all...

modus as to simply? MODIS Plural...Placed and put to creation is to a nourishing factor...

To then as it is placed in which way two sides for sure surely...

Level 6

in a city...

#110911 Apr 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're still not making much sense. Sorry.
Asking ...and I really am supposed to care?
To what one two and wait hey who are you in connection with...Life style prone to what pray call on someone in some need of a break down...

Always got some backing>???

Through a group of men? Best pals buds one or two???

Anyway I don't care be that way...

Level 6

in a city...

#110912 Apr 9, 2014
ok munch time...
That by the way was meant as a reply not just hanging in mid posting air...

Level 6

in a city...

#110913 Apr 9, 2014
Oh be careful what you put inside of you what you feed on it may blow you up...

Bloat that is to the point you have a blow out...

OH THANK GOD FOR A SHITTER....It's like there no public bathrooms much same ole whaaa whaaaa '

Level 6

in a city...

#110914 Apr 9, 2014
So what the freak as to care...

Hey maybe NASA lost a planet another one Pluto was just one a start?

Mis-placed, what exactly was it's discovery? That it doesn't belong...

Is that supposed to mean something Ironic?

Level 6

in a city...

#110915 Apr 9, 2014
I can tell you one thing creation ...AS MUCH AS I THOUGHT of having one more to bring one in...I will never have another child...

That I leave to good ole memory...

Level 6

in a city...

#110916 Apr 9, 2014
Unless there would be assurances and securities away from Religion...

Be'cause for that you would in case of assistance need something more...

Level 6

in a city...

#110917 Apr 9, 2014
Rain man and what parts...

They say it is close at hand an end...well to assume it could be...

What has one learned?

Do you put claim in any of that are you certified in something took title classified?

Fun fun when it is done...

DONE? SON???

Man I have heard some bizarre things in my time I suppose some I don't even re-call at the moment and to some strange thought you think let's see how much could think up and or not to letting go....

One that wants to understand?

For what as to what their day holds...

Level 6

in a city...

#110918 Apr 9, 2014
If one of self has that strict focal point in discussion it's hard to see the names..that is true...Maybe best so in what he said she said...

Do...

I can tell you what I could be doing...

Level 6

in a city...

#110919 Apr 9, 2014
To what an exact placed on would?

Done and did...

Some of your fine specimen here can we compare????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 3 min SLY WEST 33
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 10 min wichita-rick 1,732
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min wichita-rick 147,724
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 25 min Keith Urban Legend 456
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 32 min whatimeisit 40,329
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 39 min whatimeisit 3,465
Ebola in America 45 min Just TLC 38
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr ---Word Woman--- 21,395
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 3 hr Law D Doll 6,418

Weird People Search