Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201101 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#111052 Apr 11, 2014
Scientific are Experiences...

Have a nice day

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#111054 Apr 11, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a church attending Christian yourself?
Though not always. I would not do well in a fundamentalist church certainly. I have attended them and have no desire to support that thread of belief.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111055 Apr 11, 2014
Rick wrote:
My theory is that __________ has repressed the truth that Christianity once had/held before the Church had butchered and edited and withheld scriptures, like for example, God has the power and will to do both Good and Evil. They done this to suppress the masses and made an organized shrade masquerading with wondrous festivals and it's own Holy Days (holidays) that are deeply rooted in Pagan worship, all the while making money from the stupid and those that don't understand. Sending them to Hell.
Then you have the Jews that have claimed the death and burial of God somewhere deep in their religious lituature.
Evolution is also false because monkeys can't make speech like me, even with thousand and millions and billions of years to try to attain what I am today. They don't have what we have. I doubt a rock from space came crashing down and hitting water with a life form that came off of it and little squiggly things mutated and became what we are today.
I hope the fuck that aliens didn't come down here and mated with apes and begot us. Though I think that origin story will become what will replace religion. Just have a bad feeling.
I believe many ages ago when the world was plentiful and lush with vase greens and gardens and satan suduced Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil -- well you know the rest of the story. Or maybe you don't. Either way, story time with uncle Rick is done. My battery is dying.
Something as advanced as space travel settling for APE may be reason and it has been in the past they have been educating them for ever now, teaching them how to talk by using sign language and all sorts of other things...

In relation to blood and first of creations for them to have survived out in the wild is remarkable really if you think about it...Unlike what happened to the herds of Elephants and other species...
As many as there are in remaining to total and to believe that they found a sub specie, no husk body seems longer?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111056 Apr 11, 2014
:)

HUSK ...tusks... Husks well wild dogs that is what that reminds me off talk about hunting down animal...
They hunt people...

I don't think though I met a Husky yet that was not tamed...

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#111057 Apr 11, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Though not always. I would not do well in a fundamentalist church certainly. I have attended them and have no desire to support that thread of belief.
The fundies are good cooks and set a mean table though.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111058 Apr 11, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Though not always. I would not do well in a fundamentalist church certainly. I have attended them and have no desire to support that thread of belief.
What is their Service like? You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to ...
Talking about Church can get me down and I never feel like it is shedding much light for me at all...as far as it's teachings...

The vast attendances though that churches receive must mean they are all looking for something or someone?
Mere support maybe potlucks and all included...

Survival menu as well ???

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111059 Apr 11, 2014
Because I keep hearing them telling me that death IS...

An Occurrence of a past or life style or to come?

If all three apply are they addressing each other then for a benefit to better or to comfort to ease pain for the dying?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111060 Apr 11, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The fundies are good cooks and set a mean table though.
I have to look that up too...

FUndamentalist Church...hhhh ")

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111061 Apr 11, 2014
Mentalists....

The Church of Morals and it's, their Origin...another nice Title...
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111062 Apr 11, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
No im asking why you'd rather believe in being a useless pile of dna without purpose rather than a person created by a loving God who gave you a purpose
Our beliefs do not shape reality.

What purpose did God put us here for?

What is the meaning of life?

If you can answer that one, then great. Because that's been a tough one for philosophers for thousands of years, and they're still no closer to answering it.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111063 Apr 11, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Im just saying that if theres evolution then the bibles a lie so you cant believe in both
Only if you take the Bible literally all the way through.

But then, you DON'T. Do you? Because you don't believe the Earth is flat.

I'm just saying that if the Earth is not flat then the Bible's a lie so you can't believe in both.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111064 Apr 11, 2014
They say the Evangelical Lutheran and Them are the same we don't believe in Baptisms...

We do confirm , after Scriptures have been discussed...There is a lecture time of reading the Bible...but that is all...

We receive a drop of water on our forehead as a blessing I guess that we will be watched over???...
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111065 Apr 11, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok but if evolution is real that goes against all of genesis and if genesis is wrong then it ties into other parts of the bible and then the bible would be wrong so you simply cant have both evolution and christianity
EXACTLY the same with flat Earth.

So like I said, either the Bible is allegory, parable and metaphor. Or it's plain wrong, period.

So why do you believe the Earth is ball shaped?
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111066 Apr 11, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Well i dont think that those people really are christians you cant believe in both one goes against everything in the bible
Since when do you get to decide who is and who isn't a Christian? Are you God?
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111067 Apr 11, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
What prevents anyone from accepting both a god and evolution?
The ALMIGHTY POWERFUL NICK! Ruler and Creator of the universe!

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111068 Apr 11, 2014
The first important stream was Evangelicalism as it emerged in the revivals of the First Great Awakening and Second Great Awakening in America and the Methodism movement in England in the period 1730-1840. They in turn had been influenced by the Pietism movement in Germany. Church historian Randall Balmer explains that:
"Evangelicalism itself, I believe, is a quintessentially North American phenomenon, deriving as it did from the confluence of Pietism, Presbyterianism, and the vestiges of Puritanism. Evangelicalism picked up the peculiar characteristics from each strain – warmhearted spirituality from the Pietists (for instance), doctrinal precisionism from the Presbyterians, and individualistic introspection from the Puritans – even as the North American context itself has profoundly shaped the various manifestations of evangelicalism: fundamentalism, neo-evangelicalism, the holiness movement, Pentecostalism, the charismatic movement, and various forms of African-American and Hispanic evangelicalism.[12]
Dispensationalism[edit]

A second stream was Dispensationalism, a new interpretation of the Bible developed in the 1830s in England. Darby's ideas were disseminated by the notes and commentaries in the widely used Scofield Reference Bible, published in 1909. Dispensationalism was a millenarian theory that divided all of time into seven different stages, called "dispensations", which were seen as stages of God's revelation. At the end of each stage, according to this theory, God punished humanity for having been found wanting in God's testing. Secularism, liberalism, and immorality in the 1920s were believed to be signs that humanity had again failed God's testing. Dispensationalists believed that the world was on the verge of the last stage, where a final battle will take place at Armageddon, followed by Christ's return and 1,000 year reign.
I thought that was the time of PEACE....
So we passed the peace and couldn't ménage?

Well...
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111069 Apr 11, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Because evolution goes against the bible and them if the bibles wrong them most of the things we believe in are wrong so you cant really have both
Ball-shaped Earth goes against the Bible and if the Bible is wrong then most things you believe in are wrong so you can't really have both.

So what's wrong with accepting that the Bible is wrong?

Or alternatively, what's wrong with accepting that the Bible is an allegory?
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111070 Apr 11, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bit it does if evolution is true then cant you see so much of the bible would be wrong and therefore creationism would be wrong
Depends on how you define Creationism.

If you define creationism simply just as a God creating the universe, there's no reason God could not have used evolution.

If you define creationism in the classical sense of Biblical literalism, then unfortunately it's been known for centuries that creationism (in that sense) is wrong on an EPIC scale.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111071 Apr 11, 2014
Damns Modernism to me is CONCRETE!!!!!!

You can't get around another stone age...
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111072 Apr 11, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
But the while of the bible isnt allegorical countless event in it have been backed up by fact
No, facts do not matter to the Bible.

Is the Earth old? Then Goddidit. Is it young? Then Goddidit. Is it young but made to LOOK old? Then Goddidit.

Notice how facts have no bearing on Goddidit.

Goddidit no matter what.

Therefore no facts can back up the Bible.

Ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 3 min Bezeer 11,712
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 4 min Princess Hey 4,721
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 4 min Princess Hey 3,649
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 5 min Princess Hey 82,318
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 5 min Bezeer 6,115
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 6 min Princess Hey 145,983
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 6 min Bezeer 13,760
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Sparky 194,192
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 28 min honeymylove 7,797
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr Hi Greg 8,472