Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

THE LONE WORKER

United States

#110932 Apr 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
God created the universe with love.
Nah... that doesn't even work if you say it fast. The universe is a cruel place that is absolutely inimical to life as we know it. Even on Earth, most of the planet will nonchalantly drown, freeze, cook, dehydrate and digest a lone human within days without even noticing.
I'm sticking with "A wrathful and jealous God made the universe with magic."
A loving God created the universe and then he made man. When the first man disobeyed God, things must have changed from how they were when God first created the universe. The Bible says man caused death to come into the world and through one man (Jesus) death will be done away with. The loving Creator has given Jesus all power to prepare a New Heaven and Earth where there will be no more death for all the people who go there. Why would anyone want to reject such a great salvation?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110933 Apr 9, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>A loving God created the universe and then he made man. When the first man disobeyed God, things must have changed from how they were when God first created the universe. The Bible says man caused death to come into the world and through one man (Jesus) death will be done away with. The loving Creator has given Jesus all power to prepare a New Heaven and Earth where there will be no more death for all the people who go there. Why would anyone want to reject such a great salvation?
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013112401...
THE ALONE WORKER

Jackson, MO

#110934 Apr 9, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes they think and talk and sometimes they just talk.:)
Brilliant !
Mind if I ask which you prefer? I'm rather shy when it comes to talking about God because
them atheist and agnostics have some questions and I just do not have answers they will buy.

I'm not trying to sell them anything especially since the GIFT is FREE. I have much to share and I appreciate those seeking (whether they know it or not), but when the debate gets dirty .. that isn't the way Jesus taught 'us' to do it. What He may have done we may most likely not be able to do. He has the authority and too many of us do not even realize the power 'we' have, but instead underestimate the power of faith.

We know full well there are more than enough weak Christians and truly they are stumbling blocks as we were warned about. False teachers and some of 'our' elders are very confused and complicate what was intended to be more simple. Some think they have more power than they do and when others can't seem to earn all they have .. well it hurts the faith to believe what others believe. Some are actually too simple to grasp that though, no offense. Peace:)

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110935 Apr 9, 2014
HAhaha I had to check where I was...

So to the Weather man and to the Extra terrestrial the AUSSER IRDIScH something of an confusing has entered in you????

God I hope ne nicht....NIE....

Nie mals? Nimmer mehr...

Free mich selber...HELLber in ber is there something?

Meaning to words ...

DUDE I do tend to maybe speak a bit more than I should or have to...

But the mind and how it stores...

Simplistic to weather a scientific cause...and to self expressions out of the box....

Level 6

in a city...

#110936 Apr 9, 2014
Hellbar helbster helb...elbe? That was a river is still and then oh man what about statics and electricity????

Level 6

in a city...

#110937 Apr 9, 2014
WHo-a t who or what... connects U@ 2 ?

Level 6

in a city...

#110938 Apr 9, 2014
Yeah all the way to the edge of the fall...
Where there is rumble roar and wo ist die ERDE???

Beneath your feet...

What if a crumble...

How much earth holds compared to gases alone to a sun?

Mixtures?

And to an all undone...

Man and questions as to must have answers...

Level 6

in a city...

#110939 Apr 9, 2014
LOL

Level 6

in a city...

#110940 Apr 9, 2014
I want to play too You can call me Lena...Allena ...

Just that alone and no work...

Level 6

in a city...

#110941 Apr 9, 2014
THE ALONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant !
Mind if I ask which you prefer? I'm rather shy when it comes to talking about God because
them atheist and agnostics have some questions and I just do not have answers they will buy.
I'm not trying to sell them anything especially since the GIFT is FREE. I have much to share and I appreciate those seeking (whether they know it or not), but when the debate gets dirty .. that isn't the way Jesus taught 'us' to do it. What He may have done we may most likely not be able to do. He has the authority and too many of us do not even realize the power 'we' have, but instead underestimate the power of faith.
We know full well there are more than enough weak Christians and truly they are stumbling blocks as we were warned about. False teachers and some of 'our' elders are very confused and complicate what was intended to be more simple. Some think they have more power than they do and when others can't seem to earn all they have .. well it hurts the faith to believe what others believe. Some are actually too simple to grasp that though, no offense. Peace:)
The lone worker may think you are thinking too much....
Wonder what he's doing...

Level 6

in a city...

#110942 Apr 9, 2014
Things we can not afford can you think of anything..Besides the free..within the free rather...

To what still needs to be an applied...

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110943 Apr 9, 2014
Tinka wrote:
To what an exact placed on would?
Done and did...
Some of your fine specimen here can we compare????
<<< reveals his goodness.

Level 6

in a city...

#110944 Apr 9, 2014
The way the airplanes look inside seems they have been abducted ...

Out of space maybe how would you know if they could take you out for a bit...

And the next flight another if you had ever gone anywhere...

Level 6

in a city...

#110945 Apr 9, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
<<< reveals his goodness.
That is nice to know that someone can still say that...

Level 6

in a city...

#110946 Apr 9, 2014
Advocate here too my own self...

Seem to can shed that kindness...
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#110947 Apr 9, 2014
THE ALONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant !
Yes, the message of the whole Bible is about God and the power he has given Jesus. Jesus said if we have faith in him, all things are possible. I think a lot of people loose focus on the truth of the Gospel and begin to boast of themselves too much, when it is not our righteousness that pleases God, but if we have faith in the righteousness of Jesus and believe that what he has done on the cross was sufficient to cleanse us of our wrongdoings, then we should realize that we are nothing in ourselves and the more humbled we become, the more we can see him and his work. We should not boast of ourselves.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#110948 Apr 9, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the message of the whole Bible is about God and the power he has given Jesus. Jesus said if we have faith in him, all things are possible. I think a lot of people loose focus on the truth of the Gospel and begin to boast of themselves too much, when it is not our righteousness that pleases God, but if we have faith in the righteousness of Jesus and believe that what he has done on the cross was sufficient to cleanse us of our wrongdoings, then we should realize that we are nothing in ourselves and the more humbled we become, the more we can see him and his work. We should not boast of ourselves.
Wake up. if you did wrong, you did wrong, and not Jesus or God himself has the power to cleanse you. What a load of irresponsible horseshit.

The only people who can cleanse you are those you have wronged - actual people who have been hurt by your actions. You can ask their forgiveness or you can try to make it up to them or failing that make it up to others by your future actions.

This craven cult thinking that a man in the sky can undo what you have done merely by your begging and god ass kissing is pathetic and childish..

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#110949 Apr 9, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I assume you are referring to that small number of scientists and pseudoscientists that support ID and young earth creationism. They weren't ignored. What they said has been evaluated and shown not to be supported by a evidence and the basic tenants to be untestable and thus not science. It can't even hold up in court. You said it yourself. It is belief. That is what you clearly have.
Denial and ignorance have no age barrier.
Hey, feed your mother some corn so she might be worth something at the market
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#110950 Apr 10, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up. if you did wrong, you did wrong, and not Jesus or God himself has the power to cleanse you. What a load of irresponsible horseshit.
The only people who can cleanse you are those you have wronged - actual people who have been hurt by your actions. You can ask their forgiveness or you can try to make it up to them or failing that make it up to others by your future actions.
This craven cult thinking that a man in the sky can undo what you have done merely by your begging and god ass kissing is pathetic and childish..
You may be looking for some sort of good to come from people. I am looking for good things to come from the Creator of the universe and he has given us his word on how to please him. There is only one way to become right with our Creator and that is through and by faith in his only begotten Son Jesus. Trying to get forgiveness from every person we have ever done wrong by asking them personally would be impossible in most cases. How could you ask everyone that you have deceived about evolution person by person? If you missed only one according to your way of looking at this , you would be doomed. It doesn't work that way and some people just want to be stubborn and exact vengeance without ever forgiving.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#110951 Apr 10, 2014
The Dude wrote:
So I've not long left a linky to TalkReason to answer Tinka's question about all the various court cases which have ruled IDCreationism un-Constitutional and why evolution is not. I'm not sure, but I think I found a while back that Topix doesn't allow a linky to that site in particular. Not sure if it was this one or TalkOrigins, but I suspected that fundies a while back complained to the Almighty Topix Mods to have it removed under some laughable claim of "religious bigotry" or some such, and were successful.
I'll find out tomorrow when I'll be on a different computer.
Turns out I was right. So here's a modified version of my post, with a modified linky for any who are interested.
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>I hope Nick doesn't listen to a thing you are saying as far as what has barriers and not...Who has RIGHTS there are some that actually do...
As far as COURT which one?
To what Nation under one ROOF????
Hey tuff times not just a few selected anymore...To Elites and though it can make things tuffer from tuff to tougher... it's a getting through alright...Ruff and BUFF...
Which one? ALL of them, since 1925. Take your pick:

wwwDOTtalkreasonDOTorg/article s/HistoryID.cfm

Fact is it's illegal for the fundies to push creationism in public schools, and illegal to take evolution out of public schools to appease the fundies. So not only do the fundies always lose in the scientific arena, but in the legal arena too.

The only stuff they can get away with is breaking the law. They just have to keep praying that nobody sues them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Skeptical Guy Hangs Up on Pope - Twice 6 min Parden Pard 7
News Baltimore Mom Catches Her Son Rioting, Beats Hi... 7 min TALLYHO 8541 166
nascar.... (Feb '14) 15 min Hoosier Hillbilly 757
News Oyez! Town Crier at Royal Baby Birth Captures A... 16 min Trapper John MD 2
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 22 min Trapper John MD 35,010
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 25 min Papa Smurfaletto 10,876
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 26 min Hoosier Hillbilly 8,382
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 31 min MrsGladToBeMe 8,396
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 33 min Lumatrix 161,765
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 10 hr Duh 28,972
More from around the web