Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223384 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111078 Apr 11, 2014
Rick wrote:
My theory is that __________ has repressed the truth that Christianity once had/held before the Church had butchered and edited and withheld scriptures, like for example, God has the power and will to do both Good and Evil. They done this to suppress the masses and made an organized shrade masquerading with wondrous festivals and it's own Holy Days (holidays) that are deeply rooted in Pagan worship, all the while making money from the stupid and those that don't understand. Sending them to Hell.
Then you have the Jews that have claimed the death and burial of God somewhere deep in their religious lituature.
Evolution is also false because monkeys can't make speech like me, even with thousand and millions and billions of years to try to attain what I am today. They don't have what we have. I doubt a rock from space came crashing down and hitting water with a life form that came off of it and little squiggly things mutated and became what we are today.
I hope the fuck that aliens didn't come down here and mated with apes and begot us. Though I think that origin story will become what will replace religion. Just have a bad feeling.
I believe many ages ago when the world was plentiful and lush with vase greens and gardens and satan suduced Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge of Good and Evil -- well you know the rest of the story. Or maybe you don't. Either way, story time with uncle Rick is done. My battery is dying.
Could I please have an invite to your battery's funeral ASAP? Like say, last week?
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111079 Apr 11, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Damns Modernism to me is CONCRETE!!!!!!
You can't get around another stone age...
We'll certainly find out if the creationists have their way.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#111080 Apr 11, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The ALMIGHTY POWERFUL NICK! Ruler and Creator of the universe!
Yeah. I forgot about that. All hail the great and powerful Nick.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#111081 Apr 11, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice
Not so much when he grows up though. But if he pays attention he may yet develop some critical thinking skills.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#111082 Apr 11, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Morning,
Did anyone Google anything yet today? What is today?
The period of 24 hours, that you reside in the now.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#111083 Apr 11, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll certainly find out if the creationists have their way.
You mean the Science of Buhumbug?

They will be tossed out of the Earth's Economics faster than they can say CROCKADAADELDOO....

Eat this ...

I think I have partaken enough for the sake of People...Can you imagine what has yet to come?

Either or...

Depends however to what an endure...really is?

They speak of LOVE yes and to that cures but that is where there is a very sharp corner to bare...

Breaks lights CAMEALOT? Religion we must get passed it's elements just the same...

When Science went wrong or exactly where through what would it's counter part really be?
Health healing Death all through and then to common what is and of a same?

Considering CH-xrist To Rist Earth ...if it will sustain it's people and those that may want to move on...Reist ne Reise a travel on...Crist and Hell...Painted, a different picture I am sure where ever he has been...

Heaven and Hell and where one can find it...

Then to ponder and I ask myself at times what the freak has life been???

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111084 Apr 11, 2014
Yeah and Rx and good ole Remedy...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111085 Apr 11, 2014
Worlds apart we are profound it is not but then who has been ?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111086 Apr 11, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so much when he grows up though. But if he pays attention he may yet develop some critical thinking skills.
Maybe to Critic is enough...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111087 Apr 11, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The period of 24 hours, that you reside in the now.
Yeah I know that so did you Google or not? It's all about Science....

National Science day? Everything ought to be shut off...Fortune has it they keep it up the best they can...

Humans that is how I feel to the Experience????

What would you place yours under? Excellence?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111088 Apr 11, 2014
So as far as Science is concerned I think there isn't all that much more to learn to know or as to witness move right pass Religion too, and then we are left with
Physics where the fun really sets in but who would want to stick around for that?

Chemistry do you want to be part of the gain in Knowledge to all it's specific details?
Down right dirty to medicine Bio in what is these days Hazard considered to be???

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111089 Apr 11, 2014
Left an Earth Economics...

Law and the Lands there of Worlds...and that is that ...

What comfort zones mean we have to place these things into that these days more than not but then you know how God is valued and soon I bet they will shout and ask wait DEMEND that something will come of it all...

But then again who knows what is to Media...

Maybe they can ship advisories on how to manage a Society...

Love and Peace and how much of it is felt...gefallen, lost ...

Snap a front runner. There are many controversial Ponder'ers out there...

What puts Milk on a table?

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#111090 Apr 11, 2014
Tinka wrote:
So as far as Science is concerned I think there isn't all that much more to learn to know or as to witness move right pass Religion too, and then we are left with
Physics where the fun really sets in but who would want to stick around for that?
Chemistry do you want to be part of the gain in Knowledge to all it's specific details?
Down right dirty to medicine Bio in what is these days Hazard considered to be???
I'm willing to try it...if you are....:)>

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#111091 Apr 11, 2014
Feelings Emotion Logic...

What makes SENSE?

As much as what puts out and puts in...

Talk about Ashes and Dust

Ok so yeah Science and to understandings in dealing...

Well Free Market I guess I suppose the Boerse it may still end up shutting down as much as to what's to keep in?
All American made...

To ties BackGROUND....
Nick

Canada

#111092 Apr 11, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible *IS* wrong on a number of points. Keep in mind it is a COLLECTION of writings compiled over many, many years. Just because something is incorrect, doesn't mean it's all incorrect.
If you are wrong about one thing, does it mean you are wrong about everything? Think about it.
Its not wrong and many parts of the bible that would br contridicted by evolution tie into or are mentioned as fact in other parts of the bible
Nick

Canada

#111093 Apr 11, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Our beliefs do not shape reality.
What purpose did God put us here for?
What is the meaning of life?
If you can answer that one, then great. Because that's been a tough one for philosophers for thousands of years, and they're still no closer to answering it.
God put us here because he loves us and no ome knows there purpose until they come to a point in their life where its clear
Nick

Canada

#111094 Apr 11, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you take the Bible literally all the way through.
But then, you DON'T. Do you? Because you don't believe the Earth is flat.
I'm just saying that if the Earth is not flat then the Bible's a lie so you can't believe in both.
The bible doesn't say the earth is flat
Nick

Canada

#111095 Apr 11, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, facts do not matter to the Bible.
Is the Earth old? Then Goddidit. Is it young? Then Goddidit. Is it young but made to LOOK old? Then Goddidit.
Notice how facts have no bearing on Goddidit.
Goddidit no matter what.
Therefore no facts can back up the Bible.
Ever.
Thats not true every answer isnt "God did it" but i believe god put us here and that he created everything

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111096 Apr 11, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats not true every answer isnt "God did it" but i believe god put us here and that he created everything
You've said that already. Don't believe everything you "Believe".

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

arte et marte

#111097 Apr 11, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have there even is a god?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 (Jun '14) 15 min Spirit 923
North Mountain 18 min Spirit 1
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 20 min Spirit 28,559
any word you want to say (Dec '09) 25 min Spirit 9,003
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 45 min Hey Hey 2,621
I Like..... (Mar '14) 1 hr Blueberry Waterme... 2,107
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr Blueberry Waterme... 16,861
Two rhyming words! (Jun '12) 6 hr North Mountain 895
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 hr PVJ 231,477