Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110911 Apr 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're still not making much sense. Sorry.
Asking ...and I really am supposed to care?
To what one two and wait hey who are you in connection with...Life style prone to what pray call on someone in some need of a break down...

Always got some backing>???

Through a group of men? Best pals buds one or two???

Anyway I don't care be that way...

Level 6

in a city...

#110912 Apr 9, 2014
ok munch time...
That by the way was meant as a reply not just hanging in mid posting air...

Level 6

in a city...

#110913 Apr 9, 2014
Oh be careful what you put inside of you what you feed on it may blow you up...

Bloat that is to the point you have a blow out...

OH THANK GOD FOR A SHITTER....It's like there no public bathrooms much same ole whaaa whaaaa '

Level 6

in a city...

#110914 Apr 9, 2014
So what the freak as to care...

Hey maybe NASA lost a planet another one Pluto was just one a start?

Mis-placed, what exactly was it's discovery? That it doesn't belong...

Is that supposed to mean something Ironic?

Level 6

in a city...

#110915 Apr 9, 2014
I can tell you one thing creation ...AS MUCH AS I THOUGHT of having one more to bring one in...I will never have another child...

That I leave to good ole memory...

Level 6

in a city...

#110916 Apr 9, 2014
Unless there would be assurances and securities away from Religion...

Be'cause for that you would in case of assistance need something more...

Level 6

in a city...

#110917 Apr 9, 2014
Rain man and what parts...

They say it is close at hand an end...well to assume it could be...

What has one learned?

Do you put claim in any of that are you certified in something took title classified?

Fun fun when it is done...

DONE? SON???

Man I have heard some bizarre things in my time I suppose some I don't even re-call at the moment and to some strange thought you think let's see how much could think up and or not to letting go....

One that wants to understand?

For what as to what their day holds...

Level 6

in a city...

#110918 Apr 9, 2014
If one of self has that strict focal point in discussion it's hard to see the names..that is true...Maybe best so in what he said she said...

Do...

I can tell you what I could be doing...

Level 6

in a city...

#110919 Apr 9, 2014
To what an exact placed on would?

Done and did...

Some of your fine specimen here can we compare????

Level 6

in a city...

#110920 Apr 9, 2014
P.s.
Honestly never lose all of the care an Universal love in chain command hand in hand,cheek to cheek to where how far till New Year...

Fireworks Pop Champaign...

To feel...

So Science and to creation...

How many sub not to contradict Knowledge for that would always leave the test to default against...Sub divisions?

Proof ?

So seems one didn't know???

What would that be exactly what all really could be in existence?

DR.. GOOD OLE PHILL....

Level 6

in a city...

#110921 Apr 9, 2014
And then I am thinking as much as it always seems you guys love to talk bash put down it gets freakishly quiet???

!!!! yep, it does...

Be that way....so I must still care somewhat...or I truly would have stopped with that post stating that I DO NOT...
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110922 Apr 9, 2014
Chemist wrote:
You are mistaken, God did it out of great love not majic.
Oh? Can you demonstrate that such an entity exists via the scientific method?
Chemist wrote:
Love, something else that can never be measured, identified or prooven.
Sure it can. It's a positive emotion which therefore sends out particular chemical reactions to particular areas of the brain, and on an external behavioural level, can be observed in contrast to something such as, say, aggression.
Chemist wrote:
Yet I think we would all agree love exists.
And the reason is because I've just demonstrated how it can be detected empirically via the scientific method.
Chemist wrote:
I pray we will also agree,
Ah, yes. Prayers. The attempt of mortals to change God's mind. How quaint.
Chemist wrote:
creationism and evolution are not science based but faith based and therefor should be left out of science classes.
Unfortunately for you, God had already apparently decided NOT to answer your prayers, before you even put your hands together. Such are the advantages of being an all-powerful all-knowing omnipotent omniscient eternal entity - future and past knowledge are the same.

For as it turns out evolutionary biology IS science, which also happens to be something that was demonstrated just a few pages earlier if you had the inclination to go look. And learn. Of course if you were a real genuine chemist you would already be aware of this, even if you happened to disagree with the field. Hence why I'm thinking that if you are a chemist then you are of the high street corner store variety.
Chemist wrote:
More appropriately these beliefs as to our existence should be in theology classes.
Well again, unfortunately for you, not only does evolution pass the scientific method, it also has the support of the legal arena. Theology on the other hand can ONLY be taught in an objective secular manner, such as in comparative religions classes, but never to promote one religion over another. This is another argument you lost retroactively, decades before you even made this post.

But the fact you fundies are unable to learn from history means you are doomed to repeat it. Meaning you are doomed to repeat all your losses too. Oh well.
Chemist wrote:
As for a better scientific explanation, there can never be one since the conditions and observations of today can never be proven to be true in the begining.
Ah, the old "How do YOU know? Where you THERE?!?" argument. I guess that means the entire field of forensics doesn't exist then. Among MANY other things.

Which means that if we come across a footprint from a modern day hiking boot that we think is a month old we can't really tell if it was made by a person at the expected time, or a chicken foot a million years ago, or giraffe just last week.

What a bizarre world you must live in.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110924 Apr 9, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree with that last part of your post at all...
modus as to simply? MODIS Plural...Placed and put to creation is to a nourishing factor...
To then as it is placed in which way two sides for sure surely...
"Modus operandi" is old Latin for "mode of operation".

Creationists lie with impunity. They can't help it. That's why SevenTee just got caught lying.

Again.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110925 Apr 9, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Asking ...and I really am supposed to care?
To what one two and wait hey who are you in connection with...Life style prone to what pray call on someone in some need of a break down...
Always got some backing>???
Through a group of men? Best pals buds one or two???
Anyway I don't care be that way...
It's okay, you don't have to care. After all I'm just some random dude of the internet. So no reason for anybody to get down in the dumps over whatever I say. In the grand scheme of things I'm simply not that important.

No ill will is intended to your direction, it's just I can't decipher most of your posts. Peace.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110926 Apr 9, 2014
So I've not long left a linky to TalkReason to answer Tinka's question about all the various court cases which have ruled IDCreationism un-Constitutional and why evolution is not. I'm not sure, but I think I found a while back that Topix doesn't allow a linky to that site in particular. Not sure if it was this one or TalkOrigins, but I suspected that fundies a while back complained to the Almighty Topix Mods to have it removed under some laughable claim of "religious bigotry" or some such, and were successful.

I'll find out tomorrow when I'll be on a different computer.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110927 Apr 9, 2014
Chemist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mistaken, God did it out of great love not majic. Love, something else that can never be measured, identified or prooven. Yet I think we would all agree love exists. I pray we will also agree, creationism and evolution are not science based but faith based and therefor should be left out of science classes. More appropriately these beliefs as to our existence should be in theology classes. As for a better scientific explanation, there can never be one since the conditions and observations of today can never be proven to be true in the begining.
God created the universe with love.
Nah... that doesn't even work if you say it fast. The universe is a cruel place that is absolutely inimical to life as we know it. Even on Earth, most of the planet will nonchalantly drown, freeze, cook, dehydrate and digest a lone human within days without even noticing.
I'm sticking with "A wrathful and jealous God made the universe with magic."
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#110928 Apr 9, 2014
Tinka wrote:
And then I am thinking as much as it always seems you guys love to talk bash put down it gets freakishly quiet???
!!!! yep, it does...
Be that way....so I must still care somewhat...or I truly would have stopped with that post stating that I DO NOT...
Sometimes they think and talk and sometimes they just talk.:)

Level 6

in a city...

#110929 Apr 9, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's okay, you don't have to care. After all I'm just some random dude of the internet. So no reason for anybody to get down in the dumps over whatever I say. In the grand scheme of things I'm simply not that important.
No ill will is intended to your direction, it's just I can't decipher most of your posts. Peace.
Thanks and of course mostly I do tend to care especially if I do read someone...

But hey same o suppose as faras what matters...
There's always someone that has to top what was said anyway...

Physics tho to science and it's application?

Scientific knowledge to Formulas ...Is it placed to new data or lack or some missing?
Truthfully can you read my last sentence?

The emphi===where the main thought lies...

Level 6

in a city...

#110930 Apr 9, 2014
Komma punkt strich....fertig ist das Mond gesischt...

,.- finsish is the moon face...

Ok so to write on...

Leave a gap...

punkt punkt komma strich und fertig ist das mond gesischt...

You draw dots for the eyes a comma for the nose and a line for the mouth you circle it and there you have it...

A FACE....

Maybe you have an extra special one exclamation...make one of clay ...

and sad I had two sculptures ...that I lost...

Level 6

in a city...

#110931 Apr 9, 2014
Hey to one's own voice it may be a strong one to voice it when it is not yours that is really voicing especially if it was something you did not mean to voice in the first place...

I was instilled that there is a Friendship between Americans and German...

I don't know if the Bible speaks of it I am sure they too got along with out ok say what do people see as their opponent>???

Consider age background...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 13 min DILF let me off 31,861
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 17 min Where we going 28,633
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 30 min Grace Nerissa 229
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 32 min Go Blue Forever 4,888
Word association (Jun '07) 33 min -CatCiao- 2,884
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 37 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,342
News Study: Beards are filled with poop and 'as dirt... 46 min DILF 20
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 48 min DILF 10,957
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Crystal in Grey 40,316
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr KIMberly504 161,896