Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
104,981 - 105,000 of 112,794 Comments Last updated 20 min ago
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to move the goalposts and hoping nobody notices is pathetic.
Your Cornell link has nothing to do with "the expressed purpose of training ministers" and what happened to "no second rate university offers a doctorate in "evolution""?
Chrom

I appreciate your obsession and trolling

You follow me around like a little puppy which is cute.

Now go find your homosexual friend and violate yourself

Have a Good day LOSER\\\\
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You agree to your own imagining and you suppose things based purely on ignorance. You lie as well since your responses to me included the reference to atheism. You may have left yourself some wiggle room to mean you weren't referring directly to me, but that is just your cowardice.
Evolution is not equated with any religious belief or lack of religious belief. It is science. Sorry it makes your head hurt to try and understand that.
I really do not care if you accept evolution, but it is more religion than science because there is absolutely zero proof

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

Shazam wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha well maybe both sudes are just missinformed
It is more one sided. And that particular side favors misinformation over information. Perhaps you have heard of them. They are referred to as religious fundamentalists.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do not care if you accept evolution, but it is more religion than science because there is absolutely zero proof
To a closed and ignorant mind.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate when people say i dont know what a scientific theory is it is something that has been tested enough that it can be used to describe a certain phenomenon correctly but however it does not say that the theory is 100% true as science isnt perfect and it does has some minor flaws such as theories that have been made but then disproven and as i a christian do not believe in evolution and will not ever until i can see with my own eyes that something turns into something else or let me re phrase that, that something gains new benificial data/info through theire different mutations and a long process of natural selection
But as i have not been given any of this supposed "proof" that you all say there is you will not easily persuade me in any way (and yes i know that last part sounded pretty stuborn, but i am intitled to my own opinion).
And lets face it science has been miss"analaysed" in the past and things have been changed for example we used to think the atom could not be diveded then we got the atom bomb and another example we used to think the earth was flat and i strongly assume that evolution will be something like those examples in the perhaps near or even distant future
Hate it all you like, but if you continue to use it in the context you have, then one is left to conclude you don't understand what a theory is. You really haven't shown that you fully understand it by your post. Sorry.

The day you see one animal change into another, document it thoroughly, then head to Stockholm to pick up your prize. That event wouldn't support evolution, it would refute it.

That the earth is not flat is a finding of science and refutes a belief supported in the Bible. Atoms were theorized before we discovered their nature and that evidence supported the theory. Splitting the atom was not directly a prediction of the theory. It was that at the time atoms were considered the smallest form of matter. As technology and understanding developed we know that is not correct. The theory on that point was not refuted as much as expanded. All done by science.

If you don't want to believe the facts, that is your problem. But don't tell others something isn't true without bringing evidence to support your assertions. Otherwise all you have is a selective belief that can't hold up to the facts.

Why don't you try doing some research on your own. This forum is for discussion and debate and not for the education of the uninitiated. If you want a fast food education in science and biology take your own action. Decide for yourself based on knowledge. My beliefs have been altered but not destroyed by my understanding of science. Nothing in science tells me there is evidence against the existence of God. That is a myth established by the ignorant and afraid.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to take off your bible glasses and pull the jebus plugs out your ears before you can see and hear the truth , while knowing that this is science and no religion taken on faith.
It is truth based on real evidence and there's no fooling yourself here.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Chrom
I appreciate your obsession and trolling
You follow me around like a little puppy which is cute.
Now go find your homosexual friend and violate yourself
Have a Good day LOSER\\\\
Sounds like a "Mom's Basement Dwelling" full on projection.

Chromium will no doubt be amused to see that his arguments have left you to take the last refuge of the ignorant and defeated.
Kyle Broadneck

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Professor wrote:
Even if evolution is true (and there is plenty of evidence to support it), scientists cannot explain how the very first cell came into existence.
After the Big Bang, the universe was sterile. SOMETHING happened to cause life to appear out of nothing.
We are Christians so we no God created life. Our minister said maybe he even did it with some kind of big bong. But that pretty much says where his one cell creatures came from. Theirs nothing unscientific about seeing that.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

Kyle Broadneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We are Christians so we no God created life. Our minister said maybe he even did it with some kind of big bong. But that pretty much says where his one cell creatures came from. Theirs nothing unscientific about seeing that.
Yeah a blast from the big bong created god.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah a blast from the big bong created god.
I believe the key words here are "big bong".

(Far out, man!)
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Answers in Genesis?
Now I know you are a fool.
Why because i used. Creationist website look i honestly do t care if you call me bad names im sticking by my religion because it gives hope and a sense of belonging along with many other things, ok maybe that fossilized teddy bear thing was actually formed by concretation or however its spelt but i still have a rigt to my own opinion and i hate when you guys think you can call me a fool or stupid because i dont believe the same as you
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to take off your bible glasses and pull the jebus plugs out your ears before you can see and hear the truth , while knowing that this is science and no religion taken on faith.
It is truth based on real evidence and there's no fooling yourself here.
Why is a mule sterile?
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Hate it all you like, but if you continue to use it in the context you have, then one is left to conclude you don't understand what a theory is. You really haven't shown that you fully understand it by your post. Sorry.
The day you see one animal change into another, document it thoroughly, then head to Stockholm to pick up your prize. That event wouldn't support evolution, it would refute it.
That the earth is not flat is a finding of science and refutes a belief supported in the Bible. Atoms were theorized before we discovered their nature and that evidence supported the theory. Splitting the atom was not directly a prediction of the theory. It was that at the time atoms were considered the smallest form of matter. As technology and understanding developed we know that is not correct. The theory on that point was not refuted as much as expanded. All done by science.
If you don't want to believe the facts, that is your problem. But don't tell others something isn't true without bringing evidence to support your assertions. Otherwise all you have is a selective belief that can't hold up to the facts.
Why don't you try doing some research on your own. This forum is for discussion and debate and not for the education of the uninitiated. If you want a fast food education in science and biology take your own action. Decide for yourself based on knowledge. My beliefs have been altered but not destroyed by my understanding of science. Nothing in science tells me there is evidence against the existence of God. That is a myth established by the ignorant and afraid.
Ok but think of this despite your well put little argument no one on here has given me a suitable piece of proof the only thing ive gotten was oh the fossils but with the amount of missing links and some miscalculations in some carbon dating or etc i cant chose to believe it so give me proof of evolution and i may believe you
Shazam

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It is more one sided. And that particular side favors misinformation over information. Perhaps you have heard of them. They are referred to as religious fundamentalists.
No offence but that sounds pretty ignorant and you do know that no ones been able to disprove any specific part of the bible and yet evolution has had some flaws that have been revised and it has many holes so maybe the tables are the other way around

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok but think of this despite your well put little argument no one on here has given me a suitable piece of proof the only thing ive gotten was oh the fossils but with the amount of missing links and some miscalculations in some carbon dating or etc i cant chose to believe it so give me proof of evolution and i may believe you
You demand proof, but offer none of your own. The evidence you do offer is a concrete teddy bear. A phenomenon that was understood by science long before some wanker put a child's toy in a waterfall. You want proof go to a liquor store. If you want science, examine the evidence that is globally well known and documented. It is explained by no other theory than the theory of evolution.

Think of the difference between belief and science as such. Imagine an apple orchard in Minnesota. Trees laden with beautiful, sweet fruit. Science has named, the genus, species and variety. Modern agriculture based on science has result in a yield to ensure a bountiful harvest. You can exam its biology at the population, generic, individual or molecular level and show these to be apple trees. You are the horticulturalist that askews science in favor of belief. Because Eve ate the apple, you can't bear that your job is to work with such trees. You believe that they are oranges, despite the facts. You treat them as such and the harvest is lost. You die for want of the fruit of these trees and your disregard of knowledge.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Shazam wrote:
<quoted text>
No offence but that sounds pretty ignorant and you do know that no ones been able to disprove any specific part of the bible and yet evolution has had some flaws that have been revised and it has many holes so maybe the tables are the other way around
My reply to a one sided post seems one sided. That's funny.

Sure the theory has been revised. That is the strength of science that separates it from dogmatic belief. You know dogmatic belief I assume. When you believe something despite the facts or lack of them. For instance there are no facts to support a global flood. Not any. That doesn't alter the theological and moral value of the story of Noah. The strength of that still heartens me despite the fact that is a cultural allegory.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is a mule sterile?
The difference of chromosome number in the horse and the donkey results in disrupted meiosis in the mule expressed as an inability to reproduce. The chromosomes don't divide equally during meiosis.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Nick wrote:
They weren't fossilized, you twit.

They were put under a waterfall in a high-limestone area, and were covered with calcite - same process as stalagmite formation.

Sheesh.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Answers in Genesis?
Now I know you are a fool.
Oh, I dunno.

"Arguments that should never be used
1. Moon dust thickness proves a young moon.

2. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics began at the Fall.(If so, how could Adam and Eve have eaten and digested their food that they were told to eat before the Fall?)

3. NASA computers, in calculating the positions of planets, found a missing day and 40 minutes, proving Joshua’s “long day”(Joshua 10) and Hezekiah’s sundial movement (2 Kings 20).

4. There are no beneficial mutations.

5. Darwin recanted on his deathbed.

6. Woolly mammoths were flash frozen during the Flood catastrophe.

7. If we evolved from apes, apes shouldn’t exist today.(In an evolutionary worldview, mankind did not evolve from apes but from an apelike ancestor, from which both humans and apes of today supposedly evolved.)

8. No new species have been produced.

9. Ron Wyatt has found much archeological proof of the Bible." - Answers in Genesis.

Full article here: http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/t...

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2014

Judged:

Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some books you can read or at least reference that will provide background and evidence supporting evolution.

Darwin, Charles. 1859. On the origin of species by means of natural selection, or the preservation of favoured races in the struggle for life. John Murray, London. 502 p.

Mayr, Ernst. 2001. What evolution is. New York: Basic Books. 318 p.

Ruse, Michael & Joseph Travis, eds. 2009. Evolution: The first four billion years. The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press. Cambridge. 979 p.

Zimmer, Carl. 2001. Evolution: The triumph of an idea. Harper Collins. 364 p.

There are many more, but these are great reviews of the theory and the evidence. You can read one, all or none. It is up to you, but you aught to know the science you are against.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••