Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201194 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110868 Apr 8, 2014
Is that for Aliens of all sorts?

http://www.fwd.us/house...

Pass Immigration Reform...
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110869 Apr 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The water would have to exceeded 29,000 ft above sea level, as the story says all the highest mountains were under water.
"
The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. 19 They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered."
Complete BS!
I agree. But I did also posit the creo's alternative solution which proposes that mountains did not exist until the flood created them, then pointed out why that was BS too.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110870 Apr 8, 2014
Nick wrote:
Well if he believes that then he's definitely not a christian
Your opinion is noted, then dismissed for being nothing else but that. Who gets to decide who is and who isn't a "real" Christian? Catholics say they are. Protestants say they are. Other Christian sects say they are. You say YOU are the one who gets to decide.

And here I was thinking that was GOD'S decision.(shrug)

You are not God, therefore you have no right to say who is and who isn't a "true" Christian.

You are simply not that important. Fact is, your religious opinions are no better than anybody else's.
Nick wrote:
and you only gave two choices at the end what if your wrong
I can't be wrong when I provided BOTH sides of the coin. I said both were possible. Coins do not have three sides.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110871 Apr 8, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why di you guys feel like you have to be such jerks you do know theres this thing called freedom of religion
Yes there is. Which is why you are entitled to your beliefs. You are free to believe in whatever you want to believe.

But you aren't entitled to your own facts. They are independent of beliefs.

That is why those of us who do not share your religious opinions aren't interested in your beliefs. We're only interested in facts and evidence. Something which creationists tend not to provide.
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110872 Apr 8, 2014
Willis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well obviously not thoroughly if you believe it said/ meant that
Sorry Nick, but the god of the Bible is an evil character because that's how the Bible describes it.

Very much like most other ancient gods of any other ancient religion really.(shrug)
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110873 Apr 8, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Ne but someone that used to live down the road around the corner or down the way somewhere they are barking and fighting like cats because they have cloned themselves into animal...OK yeah I believe that...
Does that make any sense?
Still no, sorry.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#110874 Apr 8, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why di you guys feel like you have to be such jerks you do know theres this thing called freedom of religion
hey you have the right to believe any nonsense you want...just do not try to convince us it's reality.

Because you will have to do better than that, to show us whats real.
Religion never showed us anything but delusion. But you would rely on delusions to present your "truth" Sorry but it will end badly for you and shot down in flames you will be, in this endeavor. Because religious belief, and truth...are oil and water!

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110875 Apr 8, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But I did also posit the creo's alternative solution which proposes that mountains did not exist until the flood created them, then pointed out why that was BS too.
Land floats inside on the ocean's surface and if in the case of an opposite maybe in that hu????? The level lets say were to decline you still be floating?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110876 Apr 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> hey you have the right to believe any nonsense you want...just do not try to convince us it's reality.
Religion never showed us anything but delusion. But you would rely on delusions to present your "truth" Sorry but it will end badly for you and shot down in flames you will be, in this endeavor. Because religious belief, and truth...are oil and water!
No one can so it seems snatch your reality away for good...
I think that is called Brainwashery and the Dewashing can be ...anything you want it to be as well?

I think there are some powers to be in Real and realities to each and it's own...

It's not a struggle and as much as you say do not press on with a false ? Is that what you mean because if it is a real of real to what a true is unless you know well what it is to lie?

Truths are and they will remain...

How dark they painted their hell is still questionable...

I heard a Teacher talk of it and show a student pictures of it...Honest to goodness...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110877 Apr 8, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> hey you have the right to believe any nonsense you want...just do not try to convince us it's reality.
What?

Man you honestly best don't undress I mean address some sensitive being with you logic or wait Theory is it to what an end someone's facing?

Are you pretending to be God?

I mean after all it leaves an effect for a while Religion...Some seem to not get enough of it where as others could care less...

And well I best read the post you commented to because I sometimes jump the gun...

Maybe it was the Rifle powder that exploded.... hahahhaha

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110878 Apr 8, 2014
Yours....

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110879 Apr 8, 2014
But stating someones FATE as if who truly to know? GOD? As much as it is in belief to believe is one thing to thought thinking is one thing and to act?

Act out? Damn used to be some freaking regular temper....

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110880 Apr 8, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no, sorry.
Still no what?

Did someone ask you to get down on your knees?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110881 Apr 8, 2014
So what about land mass floating?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110882 Apr 8, 2014
Peaceful easy and cloving ...awwwweeeee

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#110884 Apr 8, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Man you honestly best don't undress I mean address some sensitive being with you logic or wait Theory is it to what an end someone's facing?
Are you pretending to be God?
I mean after all it leaves an effect for a while Religion...Some seem to not get enough of it where as others could care less...
And well I best read the post you commented to because I sometimes jump the gun...
Maybe it was the Rifle powder that exploded.... hahahhaha
nOPE, I'm thinking you're pretending./..that there is a god.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#110885 Apr 8, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
...Coins do not have three sides.
Um...
MOM

London, KY

#110886 Apr 8, 2014
josh allem solving the ufo mystery on you tube
Nick

Canada

#110887 Apr 8, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion is noted, then dismissed for being nothing else but that. Who gets to decide who is and who isn't a "real" Christian? Catholics say they are. Protestants say they are. Other Christian sects say they are. You say YOU are the one who gets to decide.
And here I was thinking that was GOD'S decision.(shrug)
You are not God, therefore you have no right to say who is and who isn't a "true" Christian.
You are simply not that important. Fact is, your religious opinions are no better than anybody else's.
<quoted text>
I can't be wrong when I provided BOTH sides of the coin. I said both were possible. Coins do not have three sides.
It specifically says in the bible that God is created everything if evolution is real then the bible is all wrong (which it isnt) which is why were having this debate therefore if this so called "christian" scientist believes what he does that both God and evolution can exist then he is not a christian
Nick

Canada

#110888 Apr 8, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
It specifically says in the bible that God is created everything if evolution is real then the bible is all wrong (which it isnt) which is why were having this debate therefore if this so called "christian" scientist believes what he does that both God and evolution can exist then he is not a christian
Both (together)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 3 min DILF Is Visiting 13,455
News Man shoots himself in the face in a weird attem... 4 min Marley Honey 4
What Could Be Hot? (May '15) 5 min Sublime1 780
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 6 min Chomp Chump Cough 3,294
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 7 min SweLL GirL 7,993
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 7 min Ugly Stick Recipient 44,350
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 9 min Ugly Stick Recipient 35,534
News Trump's Newest Ad Is So Frickin' WeirdBy Olivia... 44 min Parden Pard 58
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 48 min Enzo49 8,487
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 194,229
More from around the web