Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
fyi

Chicago, IL

#110671 Apr 4, 2014
Researchers led by Professor Mark Pagel at the University of Reading have just published a report which finds that Indo-European languages came from a common root, about 15,000 years ago.

Using statistical models, the professor has traced back a common root of all Indo- European languages to a proto-language that was probably spoken about 15,000 years ago and has formed the common root for about 7 language families today; language families which include modern day Turkish, Uzbek and Mongolian in the Altaic family, Chukchi-Kamchatkan, spoken in northeastern Siberia, Dravidian, spoken in Southern India, Inuit-Yupik spoken in the Arctic, Kartvelian, which evolved into Georgian, and Uralic, which is the mother of Finnish and Hungarian, and of course, most other European languages, too.
scoto norman

United States

#110672 Apr 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ok Dude. But we are all claiming origin's from different parts of the earth, and not from England. Now my question, why is English not native to those places, except in England and the other places influenced by England?
actually the Normans had a big influence on the English words we use today.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#110673 Apr 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The same with all world languages. But no matter the influences, English can never be Greek, Latin, or French. That is the reason why the command of the English language, still rest in the hands of the people of England and those places its inhabitants influenced.
If this were so there would not be so many different dialects and interpretations of the English language.

Or perhaps you can explain why there is US English, Australian English, New Zealand English, Caribbean English, Irish English etc… etc… etc, that all reside alongside British English actually exist at all?

The command of the English language rest’s in no ones hands. There is no body to oversee the command of the English language.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As long as Latin, Greek, and French, as well as others, are not English in any way or in any sense, you are just barking. The command of the language does not rest on those nations, you claimed, originated English, but rest on England and its inhabitants world wide.
The English language “ORIGINATED” as a mishmash of the language you state, and others. The command of the English language rest’s in no ones hands, see above. I have never claimed “originated”, you claimed originated and that was the basis of the whole argument that has now gone on for over a year. So do not try shrugging your shoulders and shifting your goalposts to my side of the field, what you have written is evidence of your stance. Be a man and abide by your original position.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Idiot. English is still very strange to the Greeks, the French, and the people of Latin, despite the fact that they originated the Language, why?
Say what?

OYG (oh your god)

Wonders will never cease

Did I see you say “despite the fact that they originated the Language”, here let me check… Yes those are your exact words. You now admit that the English language originated of Greek, French, Latin (and Germanic and other) languages.

Thank you at last, my point is made, this discussion is over

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#110674 Apr 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You don't have to listen to her trash. No matter the influences, those languages can never be English, that is why , English is unique to England.
You have listened to my view for over a year so it seems that your advice is particularly hypocritical.

And now, when you have eventually conceded my point (see above) you have to rant in ignorance.

Variants of the English exist throughout the world, it is NOT unique to England.

It could be that as you did not know the meaning of the word “originated” you may also be unaware of the meaning of the word “unique”

You can educate yourself on Google by searching for the term “define unique”

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110675 Apr 4, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you want to believe is fine with me Pal
Cornell religious study is comparative and part of the liberal arts program. A divinity program is geared toward ministry.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#110676 Apr 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that’s great… As my posts clearly indicate, you were the one who repeatedly mocked and lied about the French influence in the English language, I was simply responding to you goad. Had you mocked the German or Dutch languages my response would have been similar.
More wet dreams, what gives you the impression I am angry, Oh I get it, it’s because a woman won’t fall down and worship the very words you vomit your misogynistic intolerance of anything that wears panties become dominant – right?
Do you think you will soon be ranting on about menstruation and female mood swings?
How did I lie, goad about or mock the French language? The Academie Francaise IS inventing French words to replace English technical terms, English DID evolve in England and you ARE a francophile. As for being an irrational and irascible feminist, if you want to excuse your attitude on hormones, fine.
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110677 Apr 4, 2014
scoto norman wrote:
<quoted text> actually the Normans had a big influence on the English words we use today.
The language may have many words from many places but the very beginning may be hard to describe. The Bible speaks of an early language of Canaan which is a Semitic language and the original speakers of it emigrated to Carthage and beyond. The Greeks and Phoenicians rendered the name Kna'an, the Egyptians knew it as Kn'nw and Kyn'nw and the Assyrians rendered the name Kinnahu. This lineage from Ham is most likely where English came from in the first place.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110678 Apr 4, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How did I lie, goad about or mock the French language? The Academie Francaise IS inventing French words to replace English technical terms, English DID evolve in England and you ARE a francophile. As for being an irrational and irascible feminist, if you want to excuse your attitude on hormones, fine.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110679 Apr 4, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>I was just having my first cup of energizing morning coffee and I read your poem. Wow Tinka, you're a poet and don't know it..;)
TY trying to develop a short memory that's it...
Conscience intact to sub however see damn I want to keep most of my experiences...

SO what....

Who needs to FORGET WHAT?

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110680 Apr 4, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>The language may have many words from many places but the very beginning may be hard to describe. The Bible speaks of an early language of Canaan which is a Semitic language and the original speakers of it emigrated to Carthage and beyond. The Greeks and Phoenicians rendered the name Kna'an, the Egyptians knew it as Kn'nw and Kyn'nw and the Assyrians rendered the name Kinnahu. This lineage from Ham is most likely where English came from in the first place.
Anglo Manglo mingle some
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110685 Apr 5, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Anglo Manglo mingle some
Not much mingling back in those early days.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#110686 Apr 5, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Are you the one who wrote the instructions for my vegetable grater that was imported from China?
Oh yeah, those helpful instructions like "for rub on food and vebtagles".
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#110687 Apr 5, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cornell religious study is comparative and part of the liberal arts program. A divinity program is geared toward ministry.
Apparently you never stepped foot on a University as a student because you clearly have no idea how Universities operate

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#110688 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
http://religious-studies.cornell.edu/
Hey Pagan, why you take a look at this Divinity program at Cornell
Haters are going to Hate
I don't think the Methodist Church is pagan, but whatever you want to believe to get to sleep at night.

They don't have a divinity program at Cornell in New York state. Religious studies do not produced ordained ministers. They study the philosophy, origins and comparisons of religions.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#110689 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you never stepped foot on a University as a student because you clearly have no idea how Universities operate
It isn't a matter of "how universities operate." Are you claiming that Cornell University's liberal arts program is a seminary and/or divinity school?

Level 9

Threats pending

#110690 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear you never went to a university. OBI doesn't count as an education and it is just a pseudo-high school.
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

#110691 Apr 5, 2014
Ok i think evolution is a cool idea but even if i wasn't brought up in a religious home id never believe it we lack to much evidence to even consider that theory. at this point there i no observable evidence, and although some may say natural selection is proof of evolution its not, actually most christians and other various religions believe in and agree with natural selection. So as far as im aware science has given no observable proof that is 100% backed up by fact to prove evolution.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110692 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
Ok i think evolution is a cool idea but even if i wasn't brought up in a religious home id never believe it we lack to much evidence to even consider that theory. at this point there i no observable evidence, and although some may say natural selection is proof of evolution its not, actually most christians and other various religions believe in and agree with natural selection. So as far as im aware science has given no observable proof that is 100% backed up by fact to prove evolution.
Here lies the problem.... As far as you know.
That isn't very far , because evolution IS an observation.
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

#110693 Apr 5, 2014
But can you give me any observable proof that i can go and see for myself

Level 9

Threats pending

#110694 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
Then there is so much that you are not aware of.

Evolution is supported by observable evidence and the occurrence has long since been accepted in science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Michael 146,704
I Like..... (Mar '14) 21 min SLY WEST 235
What Can Be Tapped,...? 26 min SLY WEST 47
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 35 min Doug77 17,704
Dutch stage tomato fight against Russian sanctions 36 min Rev Don Wildmoan 2
Things you don't know about me..._____________ (May '08) 39 min Times are a Changing 4,901
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 42 min Sublime1 20,012
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Petal Power 5,427
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr SLY WEST 1,028
WEIRD! Women Cyclists Model In Romantic Kits 2 hr Rev Don Wildmoan 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••