Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 168871 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110685 Apr 5, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Anglo Manglo mingle some
Not much mingling back in those early days.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#110686 Apr 5, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Are you the one who wrote the instructions for my vegetable grater that was imported from China?
Oh yeah, those helpful instructions like "for rub on food and vebtagles".

“Just because it is possible”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Doesn't mean it will happen.

#110688 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
http://religious-studies.cornell.edu/
Hey Pagan, why you take a look at this Divinity program at Cornell
Haters are going to Hate
I don't think the Methodist Church is pagan, but whatever you want to believe to get to sleep at night.

They don't have a divinity program at Cornell in New York state. Religious studies do not produced ordained ministers. They study the philosophy, origins and comparisons of religions.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110689 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you never stepped foot on a University as a student because you clearly have no idea how Universities operate
It isn't a matter of "how universities operate." Are you claiming that Cornell University's liberal arts program is a seminary and/or divinity school?

Level 9

#110690 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you never stepped foot on a University as a student because you clearly have no idea how Universities operate
It is clear you never went to a university. OBI doesn't count as an education and it is just a pseudo-high school.
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

#110691 Apr 5, 2014
Ok i think evolution is a cool idea but even if i wasn't brought up in a religious home id never believe it we lack to much evidence to even consider that theory. at this point there i no observable evidence, and although some may say natural selection is proof of evolution its not, actually most christians and other various religions believe in and agree with natural selection. So as far as im aware science has given no observable proof that is 100% backed up by fact to prove evolution.

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#110692 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
Ok i think evolution is a cool idea but even if i wasn't brought up in a religious home id never believe it we lack to much evidence to even consider that theory. at this point there i no observable evidence, and although some may say natural selection is proof of evolution its not, actually most christians and other various religions believe in and agree with natural selection. So as far as im aware science has given no observable proof that is 100% backed up by fact to prove evolution.
Here lies the problem.... As far as you know.
That isn't very far , because evolution IS an observation.
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

#110693 Apr 5, 2014
But can you give me any observable proof that i can go and see for myself

Level 9

#110694 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
Then there is so much that you are not aware of.

Evolution is supported by observable evidence and the occurrence has long since been accepted in science.

Level 9

#110695 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
It would be observable evidence and fossils are a good start.

Level 9

#110696 Apr 5, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a matter of "how universities operate." Are you claiming that Cornell University's liberal arts program is a seminary and/or divinity school?
I think this moke has confused Cornell University with a little divinity school in Iowa called Cornell College.

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#110698 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
150 years ago Darwin documented the Galápagos Islands finches.
There are many more, but you can start there

“Rising”

Level 8

Milky Way

#110699 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So What? Cornell probably has a partnership with a Divinity School in the market area. Most likely Divinity Students spend their undergrad and masters at Cornell then are accepted into a Divinity School in a partnership program with Cornell. The divinity program may be on the same campus with Cornell. That is the setup at many major universities.
My original post was many prestigious universities Harvard, Princeton, Yale were established as Divinity Schools for the expressed purpose of training Ministers.
You Evolution idiots are pathetic
Actually the most famous naturalist did this exact thing.

Level 9

#110701 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So What? Cornell probably has a partnership with a Divinity School in the market area. Most likely Divinity Students spend their undergrad and masters at Cornell then are accepted into a Divinity School in a partnership program with Cornell. The divinity program may be on the same campus with Cornell. That is the setup at many major universities.
My original post was many prestigious universities Harvard, Princeton, Yale were established as Divinity Schools for the expressed purpose of training Ministers.
You realize the Constitution doesn't allow state funds to be used to support divinity schools.

I have attended two major universities and nothing like you suggest existed at either. I have been to a number of others and again nothing you describe exists there. I work with people at Cornell and have coworkers educated at Cornell. There is no such situation.

Your original post included state run universities and the private universities you indicate. You were and continue to be wrong. The evidence of who is pathetic fully supports your position in that category. To top it off moron. I am not an atheist. I laugh every time one of you morons calls me that.

By the way, I work with molecular biologists, biochemists and ecologists that accept evolution and were trained at Harvard, Yale and Princeton.

Thanks for playing. Sorry you are such a piss poor player.

Level 9

#110702 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Incidentally, you don't need that much education to get into a divinity school. I believe the less you have the better for the fundamentalists schools.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110704 Apr 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Here lies the problem.... As far as you know.
That isn't very far , because evolution IS an observation.
First post to my eye...

Care to talk it over there here that is click that
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

If it is mere to observe it you should talk some more to understand someone I hear always a watchin'...

If it is though into Science and scientific data would you think after a while that who is the Observant is seems to be a servent VENT????

Servant if task to servantly of service...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#110705 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with part of what you say, Evolution is a game
I never said you were an atheist, I said you were an evolutionist which one would suppose is the same philosophy
Then you would suppose wrongly.

Level 9

#110706 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you were an atheist, I said you were an evolutionist which one would suppose is the same philosophy
You agree to your own imagining and you suppose things based purely on ignorance. You lie as well since your responses to me included the reference to atheism. You may have left yourself some wiggle room to mean you weren't referring directly to me, but that is just your cowardice.

Evolution is not equated with any religious belief or lack of religious belief. It is science. Sorry it makes your head hurt to try and understand that.

Level 9

#110707 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I never made a statement about evolution being a game. Are you so stupid that you don't even know who you are responding to and about what?
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

#110708 Apr 5, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Then there is so much that you are not aware of.
Evolution is supported by observable evidence and the occurrence has long since been accepted in science.
But give me one example

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min Mister_ E 165,390
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 17 min Cyan in CA 2,474
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 18 min beatlesinafog 29,202
God's getting Upset with US!!! 19 min Mister_ E 23
News German authorities seize tank, other WWII weapo... 51 min Parden Pard 3
News TV crew robbed during live report about bizarre... 53 min Parden Pard 1
News 140 pairs of underwear stolen from store hit by... 56 min Parden Pard 7
News Teen Leads Mob In Ransacking Of Georgia Walmart 1 hr White Man 40
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Wolftracks 41,378
What Can Be Checked? 2 hr Dream Crystal 57
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 4 hr UnderstandPeople 15,559
More from around the web