Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110544 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, if you understand the origins of English language then how can you say that English language originated in England? Your opinion, like Charleís opinion has no barring on the documented facts.
More mockery, jees you have it bad, I had no idea that you were such a misogynist moron. When I hear people like you vomiting sexist hatred it makes me wonder if you are only on topix because your wife has gone out to the bar to find herself a decent screw.
You may of course dismiss or deny this evidence out of hand, it makes no difference to the fact that Ďpremierí was relevant to the entire argument in that it is a word (of many) used in English that originated in France. And of course my quote and that you repeatedly misrepresent and for some reason you have not seen fit to provide. Until you do then your whole rant irrelevant?
FYI, the word premier is used in the English language and used to infer first. I.e. premier position Ė premier league (football (soccer))
Here let me try again
premier
adjective
first in importance, order, or position; leading.
synonyms: leading, foremost, chief, principal, head, top-ranking, top, top-tier, prime, primary, first, highest, second to none, pre-eminent, main, senior, outstanding, master;
Or how about google translate English -> French
premier -> first
What it has to do with Quebec is that Canadaís joint official language is a dialect of French but of course you understood that Ė right?
Last I heard, the first recorded word in the English language is said to be "keel", which was recorded by Gildas in the 6th century. He spelt the word as cyulae
Didn't I already ask you not to get your panties in a wad? Are you so p'ed off that I didn't add "s'il vou plais" that you now feel obligated to slander my family? A telling point of your character, indeed.
So, is it your claim that English evolved from olde to modern in Lithuania or Peru?
I've already stated that English is a polyglot language and thus has become the largest language. So? What is English for mosquito? What is French for vodka? I've also stated that the French are actively >inventing< technical "French" words in response to the influx of English. Feeling threatened? I find that "premierly" humorous.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#110545 Apr 1, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>All the evidence HAS added up to this conclusion and I am just telling it as I see it.
That's nice.

But you didn't really respond to the challenge I posed:
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many 'cycles' in nature.

There is NO evidence that a Supernatural agent was involved in 'arranging' them.

If you HAVE this evidence, please present it here. You would be the first ever in the history of the planet to do so.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#110546 Apr 1, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't I already ask you not to get your panties in a wad? Are you so p'ed off that I didn't add "s'il vou plais" that you now feel obligated to slander my family? A telling point of your character, indeed.
So, is it your claim that English evolved from olde to modern in Lithuania or Peru?
I've already stated that English is a polyglot language and thus has become the largest language. So? What is English for mosquito? What is French for vodka? I've also stated that the French are actively >inventing< technical "French" words in response to the influx of English. Feeling threatened? I find that "premierly" humorous.
Honey you want to abuse me with sexist/misogynous remarks then I see no reason whatsoever why I cannot reciprocate in kind. You donít like it then tough, you have only yourself to blame.

And now you need to do a buck crick idiocy of being totally irrelevant. Why do you have to make total BS up? It seems that you are incapable of stating facts and so have to rely of make believe and lies.

Oh you moron, I will ask again WTF has my liking France got to do with the historic origins of the English language. I will tell you what, you have nothing and you need to pick and poke with irrelevancies and misogynistic slurs. If you canít do better then why should I care how pathetic you make yourself look.

For the last time and despite your idiotic BS. The English is based on northern European languages and developed in England with the inclusion of several different languages, it is still developing. You find that humorous then bully for you, I suggest you put on your pyjamas and got to bed with a bottle of alcohol.

P.S. look up the origin of pyjamas and alcohol.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#110547 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey you want to abuse me with sexist/misogynous remarks then I see no reason whatsoever why I cannot reciprocate in kind. You donít like it then tough, you have only yourself to blame.
And now you need to do a buck crick idiocy of being totally irrelevant. Why do you have to make total BS up? It seems that you are incapable of stating facts and so have to rely of make believe and lies.
Oh you moron, I will ask again WTF has my liking France got to do with the historic origins of the English language. I will tell you what, you have nothing and you need to pick and poke with irrelevancies and misogynistic slurs. If you canít do better then why should I care how pathetic you make yourself look.
For the last time and despite your idiotic BS. The English is based on northern European languages and developed in England with the inclusion of several different languages, it is still developing. You find that humorous then bully for you, I suggest you put on your pyjamas and got to bed with a bottle of alcohol.
P.S. look up the origin of pyjamas and alcohol.
"Panties in a wad" is just an expression meaning unduly discomfited and I really don't care if you wear them, boxers, briefs or go "commando." It isn't male chauvinism or misogynistic, you are simply being hysterical ;-)
Don't liken me with Buck Crick - on most topics we are diametrical opposites.(I've managed to get his panties in a twist before, too.) I don't find it a non sequitur that anglophiles, francophiles (you know who you are), religies or pseudo-patriots arguments are emotionally skewed because of their proclivities.
Would that it be For the last time, but you seem to be fixated on the notion that my agreement on the origin and evolution of English is a personal affront. But hey, "whatever blows your dress up", as they say....

Alcohol:
1540s (early 15c. as alcofol), "fine powder produced by sublimation," from Medieval Latin alcohol "powdered ore of antimony," from Arabic al-kuhul "kohl," the fine metallic powder used to darken the eyelids, from kahala "to stain, paint." The al- is the Arabic definite article, "the."

"Powdered cosmetic" was the earliest sense in English; definition broadened 1670s to "any sublimated substance, the pure spirit of anything," including liquids. Modern sense of "intoxicating ingredient in strong liquor" is first recorded 1753, short for alcohol of wine, which was extended to "the intoxicating element in fermented liquors." In organic chemistry, the word was extended 1850 to the class of compounds of the same type as this.

pyjamas (n.)
also pyjama (adj.), chiefly British English spelling of pajamas. Early spellings in English also include pai jamahs (1800); pigammahs (1834), peijammahs (1840).
pajamas (n.)
1800, pai jamahs "loose trousers tied at the waist," worn by Muslims in India and adopted by Europeans there, especially for nightwear, from Hindi pajama, probably from Persian paejamah, literally "leg clothing," from pae "leg" (from PIE *ped- "foot," see foot (n.))+ jamah "clothing." Modern spelling (U.S.) is from 1845. British spelling tends toward pyjamas.

Did you have any point? At all?
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110548 Apr 1, 2014
Where did the word MAMA( meaning mother) come from? OmMany Native Americans use this word" MA MA" when referring to their mothers.
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110549 Apr 1, 2014
Could the word 'MOM' have originated in Hebrew? ima (ee-ma) is mom.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#110550 Apr 1, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Panties in a wad" is just an expression meaning unduly discomfited and I really don't care if you wear them, boxers, briefs or go "commando." It isn't male chauvinism or misogynistic, you are simply being hysterical ;-)
Don't liken me with Buck Crick - on most topics we are diametrical opposites.(I've managed to get his panties in a twist before, too.) I don't find it a non sequitur that anglophiles, francophiles (you know who you are), religies or pseudo-patriots arguments are emotionally skewed because of their proclivities.
Would that it be For the last time, but you seem to be fixated on the notion that my agreement on the origin and evolution of English is a personal affront. But hey, "whatever blows your dress up", as they say....
Alcohol:
1540s (early 15c. as alcofol), "fine powder produced by sublimation," from Medieval Latin alcohol "powdered ore of antimony," from Arabic al-kuhul "kohl," the fine metallic powder used to darken the eyelids, from kahala "to stain, paint." The al- is the Arabic definite article, "the."
"Powdered cosmetic" was the earliest sense in English; definition broadened 1670s to "any sublimated substance, the pure spirit of anything," including liquids. Modern sense of "intoxicating ingredient in strong liquor" is first recorded 1753, short for alcohol of wine, which was extended to "the intoxicating element in fermented liquors." In organic chemistry, the word was extended 1850 to the class of compounds of the same type as this.
pyjamas (n.)
also pyjama (adj.), chiefly British English spelling of pajamas. Early spellings in English also include pai jamahs (1800); pigammahs (1834), peijammahs (1840).
pajamas (n.)
1800, pai jamahs "loose trousers tied at the waist," worn by Muslims in India and adopted by Europeans there, especially for nightwear, from Hindi pajama, probably from Persian paejamah, literally "leg clothing," from pae "leg" (from PIE *ped- "foot," see foot (n.))+ jamah "clothing." Modern spelling (U.S.) is from 1845. British spelling tends toward pyjamas.
Did you have any point? At all?
It is a misogynistic slur deliberately meant to be hateful and used to insult women. You donít like the response you receive when you make such ignorant taunts then the answer should be fairly obvious.

There is a saying, if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck then the chances are you have seen a bird of the Anatidae family. When you make invalid assumptions based on guesswork you liken yourself to buck whether you like it or not.

But you do find it non sequitur that any English language words come from the French language.

Hey I donít say you are making a personal affront, it was you that made it personal, donít come the innocent sloping shoulders with me. My argument (as I assume you already know) is with the distinction between originated and developed

The point is that alcohol is of Arabic origin and pyjamas are of Indian origin, modified, and incorporated into the English language.
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110551 Apr 1, 2014
It stands to reason that one of the oldest words should the one referring to mother. The Hebrew word for it is lma (ee-ma) or our word mom.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#110552 Apr 1, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a misogynistic slur deliberately meant to be hateful and used to insult women. You donít like the response you receive when you make such ignorant taunts then the answer should be fairly obvious.
There is a saying, if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck then the chances are you have seen a bird of the Anatidae family. When you make invalid assumptions based on guesswork you liken yourself to buck whether you like it or not.
But you do find it non sequitur that any English language words come from the French language.
Hey I donít say you are making a personal affront, it was you that made it personal, donít come the innocent sloping shoulders with me. My argument (as I assume you already know) is with the distinction between originated and developed
The point is that alcohol is of Arabic origin and pyjamas are of Indian origin, modified, and incorporated into the English language.
Piffle, lady. It's just a saying. Get over it. I'm not a Christian, but the language is so peppered with biblical references that no one can help but repeat them. Same thing. I've already stated that English is a hodge podge. Am I supposed to be surprised that Arabic and Indian words are incorporated along with every nearly other language on Earth? Most of the named stars are Arabic origin, as is the numbering system. The alphabet itself came from a long line of "them there foreigner" cultures. I'm neither offended nor intimidated by that... but then, I'm not French.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110553 Apr 1, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is a mule sterile?
Did you know evolution is a violation of the second law of thermodynamics?
Explain the millions and millions of years of absolutely no fossil records that support the theory of evolutionism
I have brought this up with these folks that they have no response because there is no evidence
Of no new Fossils? Maybe something ate them, something with spatula like claws...

Level 6

in a city...

#110554 Apr 1, 2014
Ima yo I am...

Level 6

in a city...

#110555 Apr 1, 2014
Muffins are actually healthy...
If you like bread and you like fruit you don't need sugar...

I have learned this...:)
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110556 Apr 1, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Muffins are actually healthy...
If you like bread and you like fruit you don't need sugar...
I have learned this...:)
Sugar as we know it in the granulated form may be bad for us. Only in the last 100 years or so has it been widely available and we may been overloading with it.

Level 6

in a city...

#110557 Apr 1, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Sugar as we know it in the granulated form may be bad for us. Only in the last 100 years or so has it been widely available and we may been overloading with it.
Never before but it seems it can effect the joints and make them feel puffy...have you felt that before from eating a huge amount of it, like 4 bowls of cereal?

Also I just read yogurt of all sorts can be added instead of egg...I already thought that coffee yogurt muffins with instant coffee added for that extra kick in the morning...

I can't wait to get baking some more...

Level 6

in a city...

#110558 Apr 1, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Sugar as we know it in the granulated form may be bad for us. Only in the last 100 years or so has it been widely available and we may been overloading with it.
SO are you a Mason...lol
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110559 Apr 1, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
SO are you a Mason...lol
Nope, I'm just a lone worker out here making everybody mad at some point or another.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110560 Apr 1, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
Animals including humans are created from sugars,
If that's bad for you ..... sorry about your luck.
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110561 Apr 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Animals including humans are created from sugars,
If that's bad for you ..... sorry about your luck.
Carbon dust is mostly what is left when our bodies die and turn back to the dust of the earth. I think when we eat too much sugar, we may be overloading a system which had not been conditioned to the substance in such great amounts.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110562 Apr 1, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Carbon dust is mostly what is left when our bodies die and turn back to the dust of the earth. I think when we eat too much sugar, we may be overloading a system which had not been conditioned to the substance in such great amounts.
Such the thinking of you , with so little to think with.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#110563 Apr 1, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Piffle, lady. It's just a saying. Get over it. I'm not a Christian, but the language is so peppered with biblical references that no one can help but repeat them. Same thing. I've already stated that English is a hodge podge. Am I supposed to be surprised that Arabic and Indian words are incorporated along with every nearly other language on Earth? Most of the named stars are Arabic origin, as is the numbering system. The alphabet itself came from a long line of "them there foreigner" cultures. I'm neither offended nor intimidated by that... but then, I'm not French.
I think you two need to get a room...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 4 min Crystal_Clear722 4,012
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 8 min Crystal_Clear722 26,732
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min rosanne 25,832
what are you feeling right now? (Dec '08) 18 min SLY WEST 1,199
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min CJ Rocker 152,710
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 19 min Crystal_Clear722 3,000
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 20 min Mega Monster 7,741
7 Teens Come Home Pregnant From School Trip 30 min -Lea- 65
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr andet1987 2,989
More from around the web