Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164919 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110354 Mar 26, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
And I continue to think;
13 billion years ago, God created the universe. And he sits around messing with it, tinkering and whatnot (no offense Tinka), and then 8 billion years later, decides to make a planet. with life. A SINGLE, livable planet. In the Universe. 8 Billion years later. And the only one.
Creationists may argue that he created Earth less than 10,000 years ago. Even worse! That means he waited 13 Billion years to create a life on a planet!
And Creationists are OK with this? How do they sleep at night?
The question I have what exactly are they creating and are they or do they belong to any Special other Affiliation other than to be that in it for creating life?

The Earth may be the most productive...

Oh can we speak of it? Freely?

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110355 Mar 26, 2014
At one hand they tell you are dying surviving and death is at hand but then some they baptized their dead to what so they can enter into a realm that they do not even really supposedly know of?

So how do they claim anything...

And does it matter did it matter to those not having had to become involved talk about that...In v etro ...Retro so what is it???

From way then...NAP TIME FOR ME>>>>

Discussing things and the fun in it that too can get last thanks to WISE MEN....
THE LONE WORKER

Madison, TN

#110356 Mar 26, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, we *are* measuring it. That is part of what the measurements of the cosmic background radiation are all about. Furthermore, with the detection of B-mode polarization in the background radiation, we have detected gravity waves from very early on.
And actually, we do have descriptions of the inflationary stage of the early expansion. This was an early stage of very rapid expansion that has just been verified by observations after being theomoretical for 40 years.
<quoted text>
No. Water didn't exist until much, much later. Why not? Because there were no oxygen atoms produced in the initial hot stage of the expansion. It turns out that oxygen nuclei have to be formed later--inside of stars. And those didn't form for at least millions of years after the expansion started.
But, that said, there *were* waves: like I said, we have detected the gravitational waves from very early on in the universe. We also see the effects of those waves on the background radiation and, ultimately, in the distribution of galaxies.
But not water waves. Too bad for your viewpoint.
You are making an assertion that oxygen had to have been formed from star's, and that is possibly not correct, because water in the form of ice crystals is everywhere in space.The three most abundant elements are hydrogen, helium and oxygen and one theory is as good as another when we are considering their beginnings. Water could have been a part of the warmer beginning of the universe as a first substance, and these elements may have been within the very small patterned start.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#110357 Mar 26, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a good point that I have raised with our resident creationists, but haven't yet gotten a response. your quip has reminded me of it.
If God created the Universe, and according to creationists, a feat he accomplished rather quickly, and then created Earth, also in week, what did he do with the remaining 13.8 Billion years?
Flappy bird...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#110358 Mar 26, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>You are making an assertion that oxygen had to have been formed from star's, and that is possibly not correct, because water in the form of ice crystals is everywhere in space.The three most abundant elements are hydrogen, helium and oxygen and one theory is as good as another when we are considering their beginnings. Water could have been a part of the warmer beginning of the universe as a first substance, and these elements may have been within the very small patterned start.
Simply wrong. Water is common *now* because oxygen is fairly easily made in the centers of stars. In fact, for stars getting their energy from the carbon cycle, oxygen is a crucial stage in energy production. When they explode, those oxygen atoms are spread out into the universe.

But, in the very early universe, the expansion rate was fast enough that there wasn't time to produce oxygen nuclei. If there had been, the percentage of helium would be a LOT larger than it is, as well as having higher percentages of other small elements, like lithium.

The problem is that in the very early universe, there were no nuclei at all simply because it was too hot for them to condense. As the universe expanded and cooled, some nuclei were able to form, but the rate of the nuclear reactions involved in that (which are well known, by the way) did not allow for the larger elements to form before the universe cooled past the place where nuclear reactions hold at all. It was only much later (hundreds of thousands of years) that the universe cooled further to the place where there could be atoms (nuclei along with orbiting electrons). And it was even later that early molecules could form.

But, before water could form, the oxygen nuclei had to form. And that didn't happen in the early universe. And it does happen inside of stars. After the first generation of stars exploded, there would have been enough oxygen to form some water. But that is a rather late stage in the whole process.

And yes, we have the data to back up my statements about element formation in the early universe. In fact, it was some of the earlier aspects of cosmology supporting the hot Big Bang scenario.
THE LONE WORKER

Madison, TN

#110359 Mar 26, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a good point that I have raised with our resident creationists, but haven't yet gotten a response. your quip has reminded me of it.
If God created the Universe, and according to creationists, a feat he accomplished rather quickly, and then created Earth, also in week, what did he do with the remaining 13.8 Billion years?
Lets do the math. Universe; a month. Earth; a week. Creates Man, animals, big flood, etc., we'll give that year. So, 13.8 Billion years minus 400 days = a lot of spare time. And since creationists think Earth is the only inhabitable planet in the Universe, what else does God do? I mean besides smite people and watch over Earth exclusively...
I believe God created the heaven and the earth in the same beginning. You can not get past the idea you have concerning years and days. Forget about the billions of years, it did not take that long for God to do it. The generations of the heavens and of the earth were created in the day that the LORD God made them. I believe the first six days were just the days when God was with his creation that had made the first day. I believe that God was seeing that what he had made was good on each of those six days and after he saw that it was very good then the heavens and the earth were finished, and on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made and he rested.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#110360 Mar 26, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>I believe God created the heaven and the earth in the same beginning. You can not get past the idea you have concerning years and days. Forget about the billions of years, it did not take that long for God to do it. The generations of the heavens and of the earth were created in the day that the LORD God made them. I believe the first six days were just the days when God was with his creation that had made the first day. I believe that God was seeing that what he had made was good on each of those six days and after he saw that it was very good then the heavens and the earth were finished, and on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made and he rested.
tad little problem of the proven false god you believe in...

and that we can actually date things accurately...

other than that, you are spot on!
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110361 Mar 26, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an AT&T phone. Does that count?
I WANT ONE!

But does it trip up at the first sign of snowspeeders?
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110362 Mar 26, 2014
Just Curious wrote:
How can this be a debate if some people refuse to acknowledge intelligent and rational points.
We don't know if Creationism is true or untrue but evolution has been studied extensively and proven even though we don't know the origins of the creation of the first cell we can't say definitely that it was a higher being, the bible is a collection of stories and guidelines to live your life by and as the bible read today has been modified extensively by the church, how can you quote it as fact. After all it's not Gospel.
There is no debate. Creationism never had any intelligent or rational points.

All you have here are a bunch of reality denying fundies being stupid and a bunch of nerds wasting time telling them why they're wrong even though they don't even understand what we're saying anyway.(shrug)
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110363 Mar 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The story the little Bird man Dawin wrote is full of such naive ignorance I can not believe people swallow such nonsenss.
Notice, however, you are unable to address anyone's posts in a rational coherent manner. If only you could then biological evolution could finally be falsified!

I guess we're stuck with you predicting it's collapse for another 150 years.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#110364 Mar 26, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>I believe God created the heaven and the earth in the same beginning. You can not get past the idea you have concerning years and days. Forget about the billions of years, it did not take that long for God to do it. The generations of the heavens and of the earth were created in the day that the LORD God made them. I believe the first six days were just the days when God was with his creation that had made the first day. I believe that God was seeing that what he had made was good on each of those six days and after he saw that it was very good then the heavens and the earth were finished, and on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made and he rested.
OK, so he created the heavens and Earth at the same time, which took according to your theory, all byt 7 days.

"And then he rested..."

For 13 BILLION YEARS?!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#110367 Mar 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly. You do not habitually attempt to use conventional phrases and sentences, so you do not fail in your monologue. Chuck attempts to forward 'facts' in correct form that are incorrect ("England owns English", for example) and will not let go regardless of how or how many times this is pointed out as erroneous. You paint an abstract of a rabbit with words while chuckie claims rabbits are reptiles. I'm not delving into either his >motives< for typing what he does nor yours. I prefer brevity in my posts, so please forgive me for not inflicting a lengthy and egotistic dissertation of my own worldview.
I have a point for saying that. The inhabitants of England are English, no nauion on earth are called that, except them.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#110368 Mar 27, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is, or do you believe the universe is evidence of wet fish?
Try that next sentence again in English please.
Honey, unlike you I do not lie.
<quoted text>
Methinks that when you were created someone forgot to put in the education gene
Do you have any evidence that the universe was created by a creator? No you don’t so in your tiny and ill equipped and poorly educated mind you think “doh! I don’t know so it must be my god wot dunit”
<quoted text>
Wrong. And still you fail to provide any justification for your BS other than the great god charlie idiot says so.
<quoted text>
So in your book you consider a murderer to be god, you worship premeditated death? You are so sick.
<quoted text>
Yes I know, and Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales DO have their separate governments. England does not. You are not very good at this understanding thing are you?
http://wales.gov.uk/
http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/
http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/
And when you can provide evidence (that real proof) otherwise then come back and try again.
<quoted text>
You fool, I have already told you what death is, just because you are too stupid to comprehend is no ones problem but you own.
Keep on masturbating over your stupidity. The domimant force in Britain is England or the English, that is why the capital of UK And Britain is in London, England. Like i said, the issue is on colonialism.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#110369 Mar 27, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is, or do you believe the universe is evidence of wet fish?
Try that next sentence again in English please.
Honey, unlike you I do not lie.
<quoted text>
Methinks that when you were created someone forgot to put in the education gene
Do you have any evidence that the universe was created by a creator? No you don’t so in your tiny and ill equipped and poorly educated mind you think “doh! I don’t know so it must be my god wot dunit”
<quoted text>
Wrong. And still you fail to provide any justification for your BS other than the great god charlie idiot says so.
<quoted text>
So in your book you consider a murderer to be god, you worship premeditated death? You are so sick.
<quoted text>
Yes I know, and Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales DO have their separate governments. England does not. You are not very good at this understanding thing are you?
http://wales.gov.uk/
http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/
http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/
And when you can provide evidence (that real proof) otherwise then come back and try again.
<quoted text>
You fool, I have already told you what death is, just because you are too stupid to comprehend is no ones problem but you own.
And again, as long as you can not stop death from coming, but only by ranting, you are a blithering idiot.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110370 Mar 27, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so he created the heavens and Earth at the same time, which took according to your theory, all byt 7 days.
"And then he rested..."
For 13 BILLION YEARS?!
Hey here is/are IDAES? One Universe a million and there are 13 one to start and how many times to cover each...

Seems all short lived and if you ask me there is one more to go to and this time without man...
Anger and pain and if you think all for men's gain in all of truths that is why...oh and cover up...

Even though to flow seems easy easy come and easy go...To accomplished...

How do you fill your day?

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110371 Mar 27, 2014
Colonies they are, there are 13 correct?

Science had it made so and Politics will deal and handle?

As to the rest they may just are in Hell here...To lighter days and understanding...

Freedom

Love without peace in mending to peace there will be love to follow...

How else would you... make LOVE a topic? A daily headline to get ups
and met ups and those we missed...

Sense in Sense to make it that of fakers...Set a pace to have had set trace...

A Billion in some world any one of em' could seem like a week and where a week can seem like a year...

Where were you needed at any given time ever? Or have you just used...in which way did you use up most of your Energy?

Restored, when that happens and when it sets in it gets knocked right back down...

Man creature and spirit of child?

Are they are they there they are Proud and had been given a how much more?

Continue...

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110372 Mar 27, 2014
America and what has settled here...
Somewhere you would think there are a remain of some that had started something to Earth's movement...
The EMO Generation...

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110373 Mar 27, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, as long as you can not stop death from coming, but only by ranting, you are a blithering idiot.
So then if death lies upon us before as it has in after to what a degree in measure of man's capability would you say you would have to go?

A free man free to decide?

Stepping stones and step aside....

Something is in a way...

Cruel to measure? When the turns of table set in a feeling to FELL when they those or them whom so needed....

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110374 Mar 27, 2014
Need it?

Seems to me as some of men have throughout created a path to lean into here and appetize a taste for something some more feast and to chill and bring in...

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110375 Mar 27, 2014
And what else TV activity nothing new there wither...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 1 min Parden Pard 5,120
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 4 min Parden Pard 785
motorcycle traveling stories 5 min Mega Monster 841
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 min Jennifer Renee 11,495
best country song? (May '12) 9 min Wolftracks 7
What Could Be Hot? 10 min Straight up Male 242
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 11 min dragoon70056 4,649
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 35 min I Am No One_ 163,316
More from around the web