Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#110380 Mar 27, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd ballish?
Oh no making pasta is a heck of a fun time it really is...makes it go past the time with something to do...I think I would be more though into tossing flour after having used that sink hose thing...
LOL oh just shut up...
Quorky maybe I am that too a bit...made pasta in the east with my Uncle...and that is a nice memory...
Yup, a bit off the wall.

I spent Sunday afternoons making family meals for the week, at least 2 are pasta based. Lasagne and enough left over sauce for a Farfalle or Spirali that can be ready in a few minutes. I buy it fresh pasta but donít make it, I donít have the time.

Well thatís how it seems, buck says jump and RR says how high my lordÖ

Al dente is the way.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#110381 Mar 27, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Keep on masturbating over your stupidity. The domimant force in Britain is England or the English, that is why the capital of UK And Britain is in London, England. Like i said, the issue is on colonialism.
Nope, the capital of the UK was chosen for itís proximity to the River Thames

We have also had Canterbury, Dorchester, Winchester and Westminster

I wonder why you ignore the links I provided, itís as though there were not even there. Could it be that they fook up your silly wet dreams?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, as long as you can not stop death from coming, but only by ranting, you are a blithering idiot.
So in your book you consider a murderer to be a god, you worship premeditated death? You are so sick.

Honey, when you are able to prevent death come back and start again until then just keep dreaming impossible dreams

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110382 Mar 27, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I have a point for saying that. The inhabitants of England are English, no nauion on earth are called that, except them.
I understand and agree that the English language originated in England. You need to concede the notion that the island or its people therefore "own" the English language. It's a misapplication of the word "own."

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#110383 Mar 27, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply wrong. Water is common *now* because oxygen is fairly easily made in the centers of stars. In fact, for stars getting their energy from the carbon cycle, oxygen is a crucial stage in energy production. When they explode, those oxygen atoms are spread out into the universe.
But, in the very early universe, the expansion rate was fast enough that there wasn't time to produce oxygen nuclei. If there had been, the percentage of helium would be a LOT larger than it is, as well as having higher percentages of other small elements, like lithium.
The problem is that in the very early universe, there were no nuclei at all simply because it was too hot for them to condense. As the universe expanded and cooled, some nuclei were able to form, but the rate of the nuclear reactions involved in that (which are well known, by the way) did not allow for the larger elements to form before the universe cooled past the place where nuclear reactions hold at all. It was only much later (hundreds of thousands of years) that the universe cooled further to the place where there could be atoms (nuclei along with orbiting electrons). And it was even later that early molecules could form.
But, before water could form, the oxygen nuclei had to form. And that didn't happen in the early universe. And it does happen inside of stars. After the first generation of stars exploded, there would have been enough oxygen to form some water. But that is a rather late stage in the whole process.
And yes, we have the data to back up my statements about element formation in the early universe. In fact, it was some of the earlier aspects of cosmology supporting the hot Big Bang scenario.
Was there anything in LW's posts that indicates they are desirous of understanding versus believing?

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110384 Mar 27, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, a bit off the wall.
I spent Sunday afternoons making family meals for the week, at least 2 are pasta based. Lasagne and enough left over sauce for a Farfalle or Spirali that can be ready in a few minutes. I buy it fresh pasta but donít make it, I donít have the time.
Well thatís how it seems, buck says jump and RR says how high my lordÖ
Al dente is the way.
Al dente seems cool or fine hu for extra microwavable time...
Dinner preparedness IT"S IN THE FREAKING FREEZER...dam ...

How many meals would you say have you prepared so far in your life? Set a full table and cleaned it off too?

I bet they wish Jesus ...mmmmm biting the tool that tastes and not wanting to take a bitw...

bite and by the way Big J and shoes feet to wear em' uh come in and sit...

I guess maybe two people inside a thread is plenty and Mississippi and dirt floors no wonder they blow people of their porches...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110385 Mar 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Was there anything in LW's posts that indicates they are desirous of understanding versus believing?
Notes on that, believe'ing...
Famine (Fest Feast)...Spiritual...

Well in spiritual famine it's said second to sin un-believe...

Depends not on who's a sinner to that in cause affect effecting... to wordly oh WORLDLY false believe Sin un- believe and Self in satisfying

Test God and God's Test...

A machine....

Just this morning a couple minutes ago...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110386 Mar 27, 2014
I think I much rather study Enterprise...

God Knows I couldn't spend 5 minutes on a Religious Religion Trip sitting allaboard....or bote? Bete and pray the ship will go somewhere anywhere to find and seat...

Be seated...Oh past the sin of sinners and those that oughtta speak to spoken,,,

Speak with em' if must...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110387 Mar 27, 2014
Giant pills like swallowing an egg...what do you think if you wake up and one egg is missing out of the cartoon...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110388 Mar 27, 2014
Oh and Thirst, Water...

Thirst in Ok so that is why he made wine...

Wine Beer spirits who's cellars are filled now that is the question...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#110389 Mar 27, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Giant pills like swallowing an egg...what do you think if you wake up and one egg is missing out of the cartoon...
You were sleep-eating.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#110390 Mar 27, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Notes on that, believe'ing...
Famine (Fest Feast)...Spiritual...
Well in spiritual famine it's said second to sin un-believe...
Depends not on who's a sinner to that in cause affect effecting... to wordly oh WORLDLY false believe Sin un- believe and Self in satisfying
Test God and God's Test...
A machine....
Just this morning a couple minutes ago...
Shall I rejoice at the the AUCE feast of spiritual famine buffeted upon others like a so much catfish, shrimp and pork buffet by the uber-religious spokespersons of the Cosmic Comedian? Insanity, infinity, Insinity

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#110391 Mar 27, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, whatever turns you onÖ.
Come on on baby do it,, drive me wild, come on baby... drive me wild.:)

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110392 Mar 27, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You were sleep-eating.
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110393 Mar 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Shall I rejoice at the the AUCE feast of spiritual famine buffeted upon others like a so much catfish, shrimp and pork buffet by the uber-religious spokespersons of the Cosmic Comedian? Insanity, infinity, Insinity
In fringed then...or something....Infringity....or is it fridgit...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110394 Mar 27, 2014
Hey stick to what you know...I think that maybe you had some visin how to...

There wasn't one missing after all..

:)

So is that you in your AVATAR I stll call em pic's...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110395 Mar 27, 2014
Fridgity oh when you can't sit still...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110396 Mar 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it take place? Is it like a picnic? Ok be my guest you shall find the plates that are filled the most in the houses where kid's eyes are bigger than their stomachs...

Leave but the eye balls and tails... LOL

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110397 Mar 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Idications...hmmm oh indications...hmmmm LOL

Believing what do you make of it?

Be live lieb lieving and where to? Lieb to kind and love and the big V as symbol must mean something in some signing...

What's dangled up???? check mark maybe what's yet to cross off...

But what is what no one knows...

But maybe so a few Elite...Earth's ponder...

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#110398 Mar 27, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Hey stick to what you know...I think that maybe you had some visin how to...
There wasn't one missing after all..
:)
So is that you in your AVATAR I stll call em pic's...
I yam what I yam. Its easier than "knowing" the minds of the gods.
That is Escher in that pic. I don't know any incarnations of divinity, but I doubt they'd look like Sailor Moon or Pikachu. so I never did call them avatars.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#110399 Mar 27, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Idications...hmmm oh indications...hmmmm LOL
Believing what do you make of it?
Be live lieb lieving and where to? Lieb to kind and love and the big V as symbol must mean something in some signing...
What's dangled up???? check mark maybe what's yet to cross off...
But what is what no one knows...
But maybe so a few Elite...Earth's ponder...
I contend too much with those making up what they believe of it. Kant you tell?
V is for victory or for peace. They should be the same thing, but often its the sign for S.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Rider on the Storm 219,051
What Turns You Off? 8 min _Zoey_ 687
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 11 min _Zoey_ 22,960
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 13 min Brandiiiiiiii 783
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 15 min Princess Hey 49,355
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 24 min quilterqueen 1,829
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 25 min quilterqueen 61,974
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 34 min Pernicious Snit 76,072
News Toilet charity gets Indian village to take on T... 1 hr Jim-ca 32
More from around the web