Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110210 Mar 22, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't speak of conjectures as if they are facts. You cannot prove any of the above statements.
Proving things to a baboon like you is hardly worth the time it takes to make us mad and you to look stupid.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#110211 Mar 22, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't speak of conjectures as if they are facts. You cannot prove any of the above statements.
They have been proved to the satisfaction of the scientific community, and that is good enough. If you want details, I can provide them. Specifically which do you challenge and why?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#110212 Mar 23, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
To really should read Marcus Chowm's "We Need To Talk Abot Kelvin".
It'll give you all you need to know about basic elemental formation, and it's practically in baby-talk. Even Luddites should be able to grasp it - and no, it's not "conjecture".

Sheesh.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110213 Mar 23, 2014
I must know someone that can though...

Level 6

in a city...

#110214 Mar 23, 2014
Yikes...and in that is like where then there o ought arse one of a high cloud to sit on...

Level 6

in a city...

#110215 Mar 23, 2014
is there anything new in studies .

like that little slide show light and my darkness HEY Professor is there one around or NOT?????

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#110216 Mar 23, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Conjecture is a term more suitable to mathematics.

In science much of what Poly listed were hypotheses tested according to the predictions they made which were found to be empirically valid.

Since no other consistent hypotheses except for your "last thursdayism" are known to be consistent with the facts, they are to varying degrees now fullyaccepted in science. And your "last thursdayism" increasingly relies on the untenable idea that God set out to deceive us.
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110217 Mar 23, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Conjecture is a term more suitable to mathematics.
In science much of what Poly listed were hypotheses tested according to the predictions they made which were found to be empirically valid.
Since no other consistent hypotheses except for your "last thursdayism" are known to be consistent with the facts, they are to varying degrees now fullyaccepted in science. And your "last thursdayism" increasingly relies on the untenable idea that God set out to deceive us.
Where is the deception? A miracle is the exercising of his available power and things appear at once very quickly at his command. It doesn't take billions of years for a miracle such as the creation of the heaven and the earth to occur when all power in heaven and earth works together at the command of God. Things that appear to be old are formed as if the processes were natural that formed them, but when the supernatural power of God is involved, time is not an object. You deceive yourself when you deny the power of God.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#110218 Mar 23, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the deception? A miracle is the exercising of his available power and things appear at once very quickly at his command. It doesn't take billions of years for a miracle such as the creation of the heaven and the earth to occur when all power in heaven and earth works together at the command of God. Things that appear to be old are formed as if the processes were natural that formed them, but when the supernatural power of God is involved, time is not an object. You deceive yourself when you deny the power of God.
the same could be said for every god man has created, so by your "logic" they must exist also...all of them.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#110220 Mar 23, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the deception? A miracle is the exercising of his available power and things appear at once very quickly at his command. It doesn't take billions of years for a miracle such as the creation of the heaven and the earth to occur when all power in heaven and earth works together at the command of God. Things that appear to be old are formed as if the processes were natural that formed them, but when the supernatural power of God is involved, time is not an object. You deceive yourself when you deny the power of God.
OK Lone, but lets analyze this. If God created the Universe, and this miracle was created "at once" rather than evolving over time, what does God do nowadays? After creating all, does he now just sit back and 'chill'? Or is he still responsible for creating?

In other words, if you prayed for a little brother and finally your wish was granted, does this new little brother just appear in your home? According to your belief, since God creates things at once, an occurrence similar to a stork delivering your new little brother would occur. Or do you believe a baby is conceived from a mother's womb, i.e., evolution?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#110221 Mar 23, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been reading your posts......
I would strongly encourage you to seek professional help and take some very strong medication because you are a dangerous nutjob
You are completely out of your mind.
She's an offspring of Jerry Garcia.

St. Croix valley

#110222 Mar 23, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
She's an offspring of Jerry Garcia.
yet s/he can talk normal when needed. just another internet poser...

St. Croix valley

#110223 Mar 23, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Lone, but lets analyze this. If God created the Universe, and this miracle was created "at once" rather than evolving over time, what does God do nowadays? After creating all, does he now just sit back and 'chill'? Or is he still responsible for creating?
In other words, if you prayed for a little brother and finally your wish was granted, does this new little brother just appear in your home? According to your belief, since God creates things at once, an occurrence similar to a stork delivering your new little brother would occur. Or do you believe a baby is conceived from a mother's womb, i.e., evolution?
i hear he's a huge Laker's fan...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#110224 Mar 23, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
If you are reduced to Last Thursdayism, then you have lost the argument. We can only determine the nature of the past through measurements now and using the known laws of physics to determine what happened. Anything else is either resorting to the possibility of 'The Matrix' or some version of 'Last Thursdayism'. Both are intellectual dead-ends.

Level 6

in a city...

#110225 Mar 23, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been reading your posts......
I would strongly encourage you to seek professional help and take some very strong medication because you are a dangerous nutjob
You are completely out of your mind.
I think I am suffering from purgatory...

A hole!!!!

P.s.
Don't read my posts

Level 6

in a city...

#110226 Mar 23, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet s/he can talk normal when needed. just another internet poser...
F u

Level 6

in a city...

#110227 Mar 23, 2014
I honestly urge not to comment if you do not have something more to add than what it is you are adding to what I am saying...

POSER????

I suppose you have yours yet coming...

Level 6

in a city...

#110228 Mar 23, 2014
Hey and it is the INter netting the web that stores and keeps much felt Rapture and then sufferings...

How about you????

Down talk much??

Damns was wondering about outspokenness and American man...

Seems you guys really weren't much part of a process as far re-building and creating sustainability for one's Nation,,,'' How about a world past your ass crack bet you can't even manage that to wipe your own ass... MO FO
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110230 Mar 23, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
We read that it was all created and he saw that it was good and then he rested from his work. All through the early old testament Bible scriptures, it was recorded that God said he would send his redeemer and at his appointed time this event happened and his Word was made flesh in the man Jesus who is the Christ the Son of the living God. Jesus has been given all power in heaven and earth and he now sits at the right hand of God and he and his father are one. This is what we know concerning your question. The first miracle that Jesus preformed of turning water into the best wine will be a good example of something that was made instantly by the power of the Creator. In the normal natural state of things as we know them, grapes would take time to grow and develop and then someone would process them and make the wine, but when the power of our Creator causes a miracle, great amounts of time and care are there as soon as they are commanded of him and even time is not a barrier. These are mysteries which man with our limited minds find hard to comprehend.
Gus

Pretoria, South Africa

#110231 Mar 23, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And as already been pointed out, evolution makes no theological claims. Since we have pointed this out to you almost every time you've popped up here, the only possible conclusion can be that you're just another liar for Jesus.
<quoted text>
And yet amazingly, the ONLY people who are aware of this are "good Christians", since the scientific community is blissfully unaware of it.
So what "scientific alternative" do you propose? That's it - Goddidit with magic!
This is why no-one takes you seriously.
I haven't been able to work out how this works, i'm not as clever as the professor; But i think people take him a tad more seriously than you, dude.
Fossils don't fit together. DNA could not have come about by itself. Have a look at Creation Magazine, The Creation Answers Book, and www.facebook.com/thefuelproject

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Jun '10) 3 min Stormare 26,388
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 min Hatti_Hollerand 138,428
Words That End With...E R (Jul '12) 4 min Stormare 94
one word only (Jun '08) 6 min Stormare 55,213
Word association (Jun '07) 9 min Stormare 2,659
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 10 min Stormare 77,706
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 13 min Cyan in CA 40,772
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 44 min -Persephone- 26,041
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 56 min jimmy krack korn 152,913
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 1 hr Enzo49 3,050
Is it possible to....... 1 hr Dr Wu 619
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Shaddup 37,799
More from around the web