Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 220747 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#110314 Mar 26, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Doof and I am, also part French, lot of German and mostly Slavic I would say...since that is what my dad was also a freaking supporter of your kind too...
What made you Amerikan so dense and what allows you to still be breathing...
I can honestly say I wish they would have let me stay sleeping...For all it's been worth not a thing to me...
Unless you value life in figure and figure of speech...
Are you English or from any of the Anglo phone countries?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#110318 Mar 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you English or from any of the Anglo phone countries?
I have an AT&T phone. Does that count?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#110319 Mar 26, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>The universe has mysteries that are not yet known by scientists. Would you know of anything that travels faster than the speed of light? How can you determine how fast everything came into being at the beginning when you don't understand this kind of speed? Just because this event can not be measured, it doesn't mean it is an intellectual dead end.
First of all, we *are* measuring it. That is part of what the measurements of the cosmic background radiation are all about. Furthermore, with the detection of B-mode polarization in the background radiation, we have detected gravity waves from very early on.

And actually, we do have descriptions of the inflationary stage of the early expansion. This was an early stage of very rapid expansion that has just been verified by observations after being theoretical for 40 years.
The Bible says it was created by the Word of God and this event must have happened with his voice which carried very quickly. Water must have been the medium through which much of the commands traveled in the beginning and even the earth was formed from water according to scripture. Water must have been spread out and sound moves through water in waves.
No. Water didn't exist until much, much later. Why not? Because there were no oxygen atoms produced in the initial hot stage of the expansion. It turns out that oxygen nuclei have to be formed later--inside of stars. And those didn't form for at least millions of years after the expansion started.

But, that said, there *were* waves: like I said, we have detected the gravitational waves from very early on in the universe. We also see the effects of those waves on the background radiation and, ultimately, in the distribution of galaxies.

But not water waves. Too bad for your viewpoint.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110320 Mar 26, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
????
Honestly?
Please explain your sense to things if you can...What is your view toward life the world and it's existence to what a dialog or conversation does someone like you need to be stimulated can you xplain some of people's ways and needs and their drive...
Honestly. You do not habitually attempt to use conventional phrases and sentences, so you do not fail in your monologue. Chuck attempts to forward 'facts' in correct form that are incorrect ("England owns English", for example) and will not let go regardless of how or how many times this is pointed out as erroneous. You paint an abstract of a rabbit with words while chuckie claims rabbits are reptiles. I'm not delving into either his >motives< for typing what he does nor yours. I prefer brevity in my posts, so please forgive me for not inflicting a lengthy and egotistic dissertation of my own worldview.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#110321 Mar 26, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>This is not a dead end issue. Waves carry things and the universe began faster than light as we know it.
I was not insinuating that it is the -issue- that is intellectually dead.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#110322 Mar 26, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, we *are* measuring it. That is part of what the measurements of the cosmic background radiation are all about. Furthermore, with the detection of B-mode polarization in the background radiation, we have detected gravity waves from very early on.
And actually, we do have descriptions of the inflationary stage of the early expansion. This was an early stage of very rapid expansion that has just been verified by observations after being theoretical for 40 years.
<quoted text>
No. Water didn't exist until much, much later. Why not? Because there were no oxygen atoms produced in the initial hot stage of the expansion. It turns out that oxygen nuclei have to be formed later--inside of stars. And those didn't form for at least millions of years after the expansion started.
But, that said, there *were* waves: like I said, we have detected the gravitational waves from very early on in the universe. We also see the effects of those waves on the background radiation and, ultimately, in the distribution of galaxies.
But not water waves. Too bad for your viewpoint.
It is the onset "very rapid expansion" of space that LW is referring to as being faster than light. I admit that I do find that interesting. A near infinite amount of energy in a "small" universe. Consider that c is a description of distance over time, and that energy/matter does indeed "warp" both space and time...
Naturally, I still think LW is bonkers.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#110323 Mar 26, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not insinuating that it is the -issue- that is intellectually dead.
Ouch. And Lol, but mostly ouch.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#110324 Mar 26, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch. And Lol, but mostly ouch.
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Therefore the Big Bang filled the universe with H2O - which should be obvious since God flooded the entire planet with it later....

Pray for education.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#110325 Mar 26, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The story the little Bird man Dawin wrote is full of such naive ignorance I can not believe people swallow such nonsenss.
Darwin wrote his book 150 years ago based on pure observation, it was a good start that has been built on by scientific endeavour to the extent that modifications of his theory are now irrefutably proven in several independent and confirmatory ways.

The Tanakh (and hence the babble and quran) was written by bronze age goat herders based on fear, hearsay and ignorance and you swallow such nonsense?

Level 6

#110326 Mar 26, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Good girl, now I must give you 50 lashes wet noodle.....:)
Whatever turns you on…
Just Curious

Dublin, Ireland

#110327 Mar 26, 2014
How can this be a debate if some people refuse to acknowledge intelligent and rational points.

We don't know if Creationism is true or untrue but evolution has been studied extensively and proven even though we don't know the origins of the creation of the first cell we can't say definitely that it was a higher being, the bible is a collection of stories and guidelines to live your life by and as the bible read today has been modified extensively by the church, how can you quote it as fact. After all it's not Gospel.

Level 6

#110328 Mar 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then why do you concluded by saying the universe is an evidence of the universe? The universe did not said that but you. By that, you are a liar.
Because it is, or do you believe the universe is evidence of wet fish?

Try that next sentence again in English please.

Honey, unlike you I do not lie.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The universe is not an evidence of itself. It did came by chance or by accident, it was created.
Methinks that when you were created someone forgot to put in the education gene

Do you have any evidence that the universe was created by a creator? No you don’t so in your tiny and ill equipped and poorly educated mind you think “doh! I don’t know so it must be my god wot dunit”
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is why you will remain an idiot for life. YES English is the language of England because it was first spoken there. More of your shit.
Wrong. And still you fail to provide any justification for your BS other than the great god charlie idiot says so.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> As long as you can not dictate to death when and when not to come, you are a blithering idiot.
So in your book you consider a murderer to be god, you worship premeditated death? You are so sick.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you don't know. England were once the colonial masters of Scotland, Wales and even Ireland. If England has their seperate government, it will arouse or bring about another form of colonialism.
Yes I know, and Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales DO have their separate governments. England does not. You are not very good at this understanding thing are you?

http://wales.gov.uk/
http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/
http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/

And when you can provide evidence (that real proof) otherwise then come back and try again.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> To crown it all, death is something that is far beyond your knowledge and science. But truly speaking no one wants to. But it must come to reality.
You fool, I have already told you what death is, just because you are too stupid to comprehend is no ones problem but you own.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#110329 Mar 26, 2014
Just Curious wrote:
How can this be a debate if some people refuse to acknowledge intelligent and rational points.
We don't know if Creationism is true or untrue but evolution has been studied extensively and proven even though we don't know the origins of the creation of the first cell we can't say definitely that it was a higher being, the bible is a collection of stories and guidelines to live your life by and as the bible read today has been modified extensively by the church, how can you quote it as fact. After all it's not Gospel.
Well said. But the fundamentalists aren't going to like it.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110330 Mar 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The universe is not an evidence of itself. It did came by chance or by accident, it was created.
What is it though? Can you explain that what IT IS??? Of it's matter then and it's Craft the simplicity of a Universal Creator of the Worlds Creation...

The place where one or how one exactly entered that fine little gap that may not even exist any longer or it is just very hard to find to get there...

SOme can always step in the way as well...So to reflectors and what to reflect upon to put a head to something...

Does that exist is that evidence to Universal Power what has placed part to Creation and though seems they can partake some that haven't (placed ) and in all things...As to you and another and another...

It is a Relating to much of it...

Unless you absolutely believe that it is just for one ... can you be part of or be part in a whole with the things you haven't done????

Become a slacker then...Or accept things you have done...Have been witness to stand to what you believe in...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110331 Mar 26, 2014
I have to remind myself I am in Amerikan I think lately that pops into my head I am speaking much to American Culture...my years having lived here...

At least to me to my up bringing can I place some difference and how much Religion has been a pulling force here to that I can stand to...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110332 Mar 26, 2014
Are they the FUNDING OR FOUNDING Fathers???

The men of a beginning for America...

Fore come ...

Is that for today like stepping outside and plan somewhat how your outing will be????

With keeping that Horizon as wide open as possible????

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110333 Mar 26, 2014
You can take that to your cleaner!!!!

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#110334 Mar 26, 2014
Night and OH man did it rain and a couple of times it really freaking pored...

How things are and the medium center and then it's core...

Spiritually we are still divided...

As far as fathers and what has one created...Sometimes things are that dealt they were to start they had to be...

So a new and to a science and tasks and a to do...

I have to take a nap ate again to my feel too much so sleep in is an order...

If chemistry were aligned with righteous Science...could take a great leap into a new of ways and probably very much so that is how things will evolve...

ECO nomics numbers will count will matter for what is new to come...

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#110335 Mar 26, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
The universe isn't evidence of a universe?

You English Afrikaans are pretty funny and a bit strange.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#110336 Mar 26, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever turns you on…
I know..lol :)
Hey at least she isn't into Buckism or a nanonite or goofy like those Afrikaner Englishmen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Memorable Movie Scenes. 2 min DarkSoul___ 109
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 5 min -Prince- 149,819
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 5 min honeymylove 2,319
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 6 min Brandiiiiiiii 3,584
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 24 min Vlad 17,157
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 27 min Real Finn 21,513
Tulsa molesters 30 min Sukit 3
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min Spring Somers 213,366
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 57 min Real Finn 73,459
More from around the web