Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Pale Wild Wood Flower

Castroville, TX

#110170 Mar 21, 2014
add sara and we have four ... look at that I love one more... we buit the perfect conection.... honey don't get mad I like our new pad.
Pale Wild Wood Flower

Castroville, TX

#110171 Mar 21, 2014
we are all filled with glee

you know kevin needs doris.... they will not bore us.... then we would have five to tide the tides.
Pale Wild Wood Flower

Castroville, TX

#110172 Mar 21, 2014
she said who! yeah woman I know you.... you know me too your another blue.... diamond eyes....are you filled with surprise ? don't let that water fall from your eyes I am about to drive by
Jesus

Waterloo, Canada

#110173 Mar 21, 2014
The creationist will never ever accept science no matter the facts. You can give them infinite amounts of data proving science and they will continue to reject what the conclusion says.

Creationists (aka religions) aren't about facts. They are about affirmation.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#110174 Mar 21, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
What is CMB? IMO or Ammo I am familiar with... lol
Chemistry background? Chemistry manual background?
If you're serious...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cmbr

Also called CMBR.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#110175 Mar 21, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>You say things like Creationism is just superstition and anyone who believes it needs no evidence and their faith is not based on reasoning. Are you sure about these claims? Are you telling us that no persons on your side ignore facts?
Might I take it you are referring to the thoroughly debunked "facts" like the Garden of Eden, the Noachian flood, the Tower of Babel, Jonah and the fish, the parting the Red Sea, etc.? Or do you mean the thoroughly debunked "facts" like 'violation' of the SLoT, the Grand Canyon Redwall and Tapeats layers, fossils shells in Mount Everest, C14 dating 200 MYO year old rocks, etc.?

x__________
(Insert standard Piltdown Man comment here)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#110176 Mar 21, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Photosynthesis.
Done.
Oh, Kabonngg!!

NICELY done!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#110177 Mar 21, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>You are the expert in math and physics. My belief is that the universe came into existence very quickly and it expanded or branched out in full form. You apparently believe it took very great amounts of time for the cosmos to form, is this correct?
First, the universe as we know it is about 13.7 billion years old. It is currently expanding and has been expanding for the last 13.7 billion years.

Second, it was much hotter and denser in the past (as a result of being more compressed).

Third, it did not expand from a central point. Instead, space itself is expanding.

Fourth, the initial stages of formation of simple atomic nuceli (hydrogen, helium, lithium) was very fast and happened within a few minutes of the start of the expansion. It wasn't until about 1-300,000 years later that the universe cooled enough for stable atoms (nuclei with electrons) to form. Stars and galaxies were much later.

Fifth, the heavier elements, like those required for life, did not form until the first generation of stars exploded (allowing fusion to make those elements).

Our sun is a third generation star and didn't form until about 9 billion years after the start of the universal expansion. The earth formed about the same time as the sun.

So, to answer your question, some aspects happened very quickly (formation of nuclei), while other processes took more time (stars, life, etc). In any case, the current expansion phase is about 13.7 billion years old and our earth is about 4.5 billion years old. Life has been around for at least 3.8 billion years, but complex life (multi-cellular) for only 1 billion years.

And yes, this is what the evidence we have dictates. There is no way to reasonably interpret the evidence as saying the earth is only thousands of years old.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#110178 Mar 21, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>His CMB may be nothing more than a form of light which branched out faster than a blinking eye.
No, actually, it could not. First of all, it comes from every direction. Second, it is an almost perfect black-body radiation, which can only form in very specific ways. Third, the variances from that black-body spectrum give very speciic information about the early universe. The result is that your simplistic view doesn't correspond to reality.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#110179 Mar 21, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
What is CMB? IMO or Ammo I am familiar with... lol
Chemistry background? Chemistry manual background?
Cosmic Microwave Background. Also known as the black-body radiation. It is the remnant radiation from the Big Bang.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110180 Mar 21, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Slangs indeed. If you don't know, British, American and Australian English, etc, were started by the English and the English in diaspora. Thanks to England.
And Germnanish so there and Englsih German...that does exist too since I am sitting here...

Oh yeah pre-notification to any poster that I may enjoy reading in here I would never turn into a stalker and thread around irrational as I am feeling right now I just wanted to share it...

Funny or not...

Level 6

in a city...

#110181 Mar 21, 2014
Rationable...is a word if you ask me...Irrational to be that not is rationable...

Level 6

in a city...

#110182 Mar 21, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cosmic Microwave Background. Also known as the black-body radiation. It is the remnant radiation from the Big Bang.
Ok well that's good to know and HELLO...nice to meet you...

Level 6

in a city...

#110183 Mar 21, 2014
Hard to swallow? Ok so ends not in this world will things blow or where ever you are...

To wer...dammm the serving...ARGHHHH

Level 6

in a city...

#110184 Mar 21, 2014
How many earths *WORLDS* there could be is that debatable?

Level 6

in a city...

#110185 Mar 21, 2014
Stuck in Wildomar because I had received some sense to some crazy opposing and some must do their mistake right and OH pfffff breathing...hey ...*SO forgave before the onset of new and can you believe I have lived here for over 20 years and still have not really ever been to LA*...

Like emerging some times coming up for air...

My favorite place is inside and I AM TIRED sometimes of having been told I AM SURVIVING????

I think this is a good thread to let my beef go,,,which I don't eat anymore as of late...

SO start a beginning... I believe it and ends too...

Have you received sense to that there shouldn't be an end any more if things die of it will be such things as the sun the moon and etc...

Even tho the MOON won't go anywhere...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110186 Mar 21, 2014
Tinka wrote:
How many earths *WORLDS* there could be is that debatable?
Mathematically..... millions.

Philosophically who knows?

Realistically , at least 10 to the 9th .

What was the question?

Is earth alone , possibly.

NEVER!
Do we subscribe to thi8s determination?

Level 6

in a city...

#110187 Mar 21, 2014
Pale Wild Wood Flower wrote:
what happened to gwen.... shes my special twin.... I love her... I love all of my sisters... but gwens my diamond eyes shes rare and fair. and always everywhere...
DON"T KNOW EITHER...

Oh she had a kid...

Level 6

in a city...

#110188 Mar 21, 2014
So a question...a real would appear if someone does a right thing seems no complications such occur, correct?

Ok well I thought that too until hey I am waiting for my lecture!!!!!

Hello...

Level 6

in a city...

#110189 Mar 21, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Mathematically..... millions.
Philosophically who knows?
Realistically , at least 10 to the 9th .
What was the question?
Is earth alone , possibly.
NEVER!
Do we subscribe to thi8s determination?
Ok so wait decrement are things and to that I have doubt that anything that happens is without to our knowledge why some are determent in many ways interruptions will happen... Timelines I know it seems mine had some run ins...

Also...in the 9th there are 10 in what a real according to? Through Theory's & Formula millions
Philosophically seems to me life times and where they took place...

Well I will be back later on have to get a couple of things done...

Oh and to an earth being un-occupied I think there was that at the beginning as far as transport go for rights in real must exist...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Football (Jul '10) 3 min dragoon70056 1,861
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 3 min _hellbilly_ 491
Obama Barrage! 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 4 min Iruth Bausec Algz... 1,127
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Roxie Darling 26,084
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min _hellbilly_ 152,937
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 12 min quilterqueen 1,597
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 33 min dragoon70056 3,064
Should the St Patricks Day parade be open to th... 1 hr Wolftracks 22
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr eleanorigby 37,813