Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 209768 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110200 Mar 21, 2014
www.youtube.com/watch...

Nice album to sit with and just go along for a while...

It is...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110201 Mar 21, 2014
I've got a ton of bottles filled with water to water...

Just in case and it best not be DONE!!!!

That was the ending....

Who was there all...?

First in arrival and then to some and what there is we don'[t know but to know to that feeland so on....

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110202 Mar 21, 2014
You never know to time in it and busy is busy....and who has time???

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110203 Mar 21, 2014
Who my Personal Jesus IS????

Oh Heaven and things...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110204 Mar 21, 2014
wiggle and giggle...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110205 Mar 21, 2014
Hey someone's personal to get my very own top lap...Maybe I wouldn't have so many HEY YOU I WANT TO MEET YOU AD's...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110206 Mar 21, 2014
Yehas alright later...or not...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110207 Mar 21, 2014
In a what a do world AD's and plastered...

After a while *upi wpild* studder one would think there could be a list of links at the bottom of the page and remind ad to state where to find your links????

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110208 Mar 21, 2014
Time to follow the roots...downward...

past the vegetables: carrots, horse radish...A carrot so tall....
HTS

Mandan, ND

#110209 Mar 22, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the universe as we know it is about 13.7 billion years old. It is currently expanding and has been expanding for the last 13.7 billion years.
Second, it was much hotter and denser in the past (as a result of being more compressed).
Third, it did not expand from a central point. Instead, space itself is expanding.
Fourth, the initial stages of formation of simple atomic nuceli (hydrogen, helium, lithium) was very fast and happened within a few minutes of the start of the expansion. It wasn't until about 1-300,000 years later that the universe cooled enough for stable atoms (nuclei with electrons) to form. Stars and galaxies were much later.
Fifth, the heavier elements, like those required for life, did not form until the first generation of stars exploded (allowing fusion to make those elements).
Our sun is a third generation star and didn't form until about 9 billion years after the start of the universal expansion. The earth formed about the same time as the sun.
So, to answer your question, some aspects happened very quickly (formation of nuclei), while other processes took more time (stars, life, etc). In any case, the current expansion phase is about 13.7 billion years old and our earth is about 4.5 billion years old. Life has been around for at least 3.8 billion years, but complex life (multi-cellular) for only 1 billion years.
And yes, this is what the evidence we have dictates. There is no way to reasonably interpret the evidence as saying the earth is only thousands of years old.
You shouldn't speak of conjectures as if they are facts. You cannot prove any of the above statements.

“Proud Member”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#110210 Mar 22, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't speak of conjectures as if they are facts. You cannot prove any of the above statements.
Proving things to a baboon like you is hardly worth the time it takes to make us mad and you to look stupid.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#110211 Mar 22, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't speak of conjectures as if they are facts. You cannot prove any of the above statements.
They have been proved to the satisfaction of the scientific community, and that is good enough. If you want details, I can provide them. Specifically which do you challenge and why?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#110212 Mar 23, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't speak of conjectures as if they are facts. You cannot prove any of the above statements.
To really should read Marcus Chowm's "We Need To Talk Abot Kelvin".
It'll give you all you need to know about basic elemental formation, and it's practically in baby-talk. Even Luddites should be able to grasp it - and no, it's not "conjecture".

Sheesh.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110213 Mar 23, 2014
I must know someone that can though...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110214 Mar 23, 2014
Yikes...and in that is like where then there o ought arse one of a high cloud to sit on...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#110215 Mar 23, 2014
is there anything new in studies .

like that little slide show light and my darkness HEY Professor is there one around or NOT?????

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#110216 Mar 23, 2014
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't speak of conjectures as if they are facts. You cannot prove any of the above statements.
Conjecture is a term more suitable to mathematics.

In science much of what Poly listed were hypotheses tested according to the predictions they made which were found to be empirically valid.

Since no other consistent hypotheses except for your "last thursdayism" are known to be consistent with the facts, they are to varying degrees now fullyaccepted in science. And your "last thursdayism" increasingly relies on the untenable idea that God set out to deceive us.
THE LONE WORKER

United States

#110217 Mar 23, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Conjecture is a term more suitable to mathematics.
In science much of what Poly listed were hypotheses tested according to the predictions they made which were found to be empirically valid.
Since no other consistent hypotheses except for your "last thursdayism" are known to be consistent with the facts, they are to varying degrees now fullyaccepted in science. And your "last thursdayism" increasingly relies on the untenable idea that God set out to deceive us.
Where is the deception? A miracle is the exercising of his available power and things appear at once very quickly at his command. It doesn't take billions of years for a miracle such as the creation of the heaven and the earth to occur when all power in heaven and earth works together at the command of God. Things that appear to be old are formed as if the processes were natural that formed them, but when the supernatural power of God is involved, time is not an object. You deceive yourself when you deny the power of God.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#110218 Mar 23, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the deception? A miracle is the exercising of his available power and things appear at once very quickly at his command. It doesn't take billions of years for a miracle such as the creation of the heaven and the earth to occur when all power in heaven and earth works together at the command of God. Things that appear to be old are formed as if the processes were natural that formed them, but when the supernatural power of God is involved, time is not an object. You deceive yourself when you deny the power of God.
the same could be said for every god man has created, so by your "logic" they must exist also...all of them.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#110220 Mar 23, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the deception? A miracle is the exercising of his available power and things appear at once very quickly at his command. It doesn't take billions of years for a miracle such as the creation of the heaven and the earth to occur when all power in heaven and earth works together at the command of God. Things that appear to be old are formed as if the processes were natural that formed them, but when the supernatural power of God is involved, time is not an object. You deceive yourself when you deny the power of God.
OK Lone, but lets analyze this. If God created the Universe, and this miracle was created "at once" rather than evolving over time, what does God do nowadays? After creating all, does he now just sit back and 'chill'? Or is he still responsible for creating?

In other words, if you prayed for a little brother and finally your wish was granted, does this new little brother just appear in your home? According to your belief, since God creates things at once, an occurrence similar to a stork delivering your new little brother would occur. Or do you believe a baby is conceived from a mother's womb, i.e., evolution?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philly grey poster hangout 2 min Spotted Girl 42
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 2 min Princess Hey 14,012
True False Game (Jun '11) 3 min The Salsa 12,724
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 7 min streetglidehoney 9,112
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 9 min unreals_dad 434
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 10 min SweLL GirL 4,068
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Oct '15) 12 min SweLL GirL 150
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 56 min Lucy the First 61,532
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr DMan 200,897
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 5 hr Luckys Mommmy 38
More from around the web