Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110068 Mar 19, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
We probably deserve it...:)
Something like the lone ranger and tontoe o I hope not.:)

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110070 Mar 19, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Something like the lone ranger and tontoe o I hope not.:)
Who the freak is tontoe o? LOL

Level 6

in a city...

#110071 Mar 19, 2014
He can't be all that important it's no capitalized...
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110072 Mar 19, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
True and Prince of LI and Prince of DArkness the keeper of the MOrning SUN Satan and who so fills the night ...
Jesus must be beside himself still..
JESUS?
How does it look from where you're at?
People are trying...I bet they have a better view to all things...
Lidamo...
Watch what you say...
That will keep the peace if the people don't hear what they wanted to or see what they thought they ought to...
The devil is a liar and it's just a matter of time for him to be shown so. I don't kid about these matters. I am here to have a little conversation, but when it comes to my religion I am serious.

Level 6

in a city...

#110073 Mar 19, 2014
Lets not forget about wood and metal...

Ash
Bone
Cold
Dust
Vaporize...

That is in English...

Knochen...Kalter Schmutz that still lingers...

Use the blow dryer...

Level 6

in a city...

#110074 Mar 19, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>The devil is a liar and it's just a matter of time for him to be shown so. I don't kid about these matters. I am here to have a little conversation, but when it comes to my religion I am serious.
I am too strict in that believing is thought matter and uses energy...

Satan is First...

Without him there would be no creating...Seems Jesus took the Baiters? Those to hook and those hooked. and hookies...

Hmmm...

Reference for your own self....

Level 6

in a city...

#110075 Mar 19, 2014
To trolly folly fellow follow..deceived...

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#110076 Mar 19, 2014
Tinka wrote:
Lets not forget about wood and metal...
Ash
Bone
Cold
Dust
Vaporize...
That is in English...
Knochen...Kalter Schmutz that still lingers...
Use the blow dryer...
Actually in English itís vaporise

Perhaps you were thinking American English
Hypocrisy abounds

Fort Worth, TX

#110077 Mar 19, 2014
Maybe this can help.

http://youtu.be/a5dSyT50Cs8

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#110078 Mar 19, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually in English itís vaporise
Perhaps you were thinking American English
Is there any other?
; )

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#110079 Mar 19, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any other?
; )
Lots, try installing a wordprocessor, mine has 15 different versions of English from A to Z (Australian to Zimbabwean)

I have dyslexia and so copy and paste from topix into my WP so that I can read it. Being British the WP is set to English (British) so words spelt with ize rather than ise always flag up and an error, which was confusing for a while, now I just think ha! must be American spelling
THE LONE WORKER

Bowling Green, KY

#110080 Mar 19, 2014
Elsie and Jack Osborn wrote a wonderful song about this. Where the Roses Never Fade
I am going to a city
Where the streets are golden laid
Where the tree of life is blooming
And the roses never fade

Here they bloom but for a season
Soon their beauty is decayed
I am going to a city
where the roses never fade

In this world we have our troubles
Satan snares we must evade
we will free from all temptation

Loved one's gone to be with Jesus
In their robes of white array
They are waiting for my coming

Here they bloom but for a season
Soon their beauty is decayed
I am going to a city
Where the roses never fade
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110081 Mar 19, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturalistic Evolutionism requires that physical laws and atoms organize themselves into increasingly complex and beneficial, ordered arrangements. Thus, over eons of time, billions of things are supposed to have developed upward, becoming more orderly and complex.
However, this basic law of science (2nd Law of Thermodynamics) reveals the exact opposite. In the long run, complex, ordered arrangements actually tend to become simpler and more disorderly with time. There is an irreversible downward trend ultimately at work throughout the universe. Evolution, with its ever increasing order and complexity, appears impossible in the natural world.
Then how did you ever grow up?
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110082 Mar 19, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The seed is less complex that the grown plant. Then, because of the effects of the sun (giving energy), the complexity rises until the plant ages enough that the energy cannot be used effectively, and then it decays. ALL of this is consistent with the second law, but the seed is definitely less complex than the grown plant.
Then how did the plant grow up?
The Dude

Wallasey, UK

#110083 Mar 19, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I'm talkin about something better than this world. Jesus is the way the truth and the life everlasting and he is the prince of peace, but the truth does not always bring peace to the world we live in now.
Still not caring Mikey

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110084 Mar 19, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>The devil is a liar and it's just a matter of time for him to be shown so. I don't kid about these matters. I am here to have a little conversation, but when it comes to my religion I am serious.
You been talking to the devil? Can you give me her phone number, I've been trying to talk to her but she changed her damn number.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#110085 Mar 19, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Then are you claiming low to high and then back to low is how it is?
I am saying that you don't understand the basic concepts.

Entropy is only very generally a measure of randomness. i tis more accurately a measure of the usable energy of a system. The second law says that entropy will always increase in an isolated system. It is quite possible, even common, for the degree of order in a system to go up *and* the entropy to also go up.

A very specific example is given by looking at a mixture of oil and water. The mixture is more 'random', but it will spontaneously change into the more 'ordered' system where the oil and water are separated. Furthermore, this is actually driven by entropy effects.

But, for non-isolated systems (like the Earth), the possibilities are much broader. In particular, if energy is put into the system (like the energy from the sun), it is quite possible for their to be parts of the system where entropy decreases, sometimes dramatically.

In the specific case of evolution, the very slight increase of 'order' in living things is offset by a very large amount of heat (disorder) produced as waste. The total leaves an total increase of entropy.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#110086 Mar 19, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how did the plant grow up?
A fairly large input of energy and a large release of heat and waste gas. The second law allows for increased complexity if it is balanced off by corresponding increases of disorder (usually in the form of heat, but expanding gas also works).

Again, you are misunderstanding the basics of the second law. Probably that is because you are only reading popular accounts or even creationist accounts. I would suggest learning some actual physics and seeing what is really going on. You will find out that the popular accounts leave a LOT out. To some extent, they have to. But probably not as much as they do.

Level 6

in a city...

#110087 Mar 19, 2014
Si on the Political Forum...

Immigrant Re-form?

Like old News and to see what it could be like sitting in front of the Television and receive,,,*INFORMATIVE PROGRESSIVE in what I just said while I had a smoke...*

Deep and middle and the up...
Said desire keep a thought where my thought went despair would be the bottom to what lies in-between for me enduring...so to what is now and what was a then?

We had a conversation...

I said a few things too...

Never however in my own right it is for me NOT to tell you...

As I told it so???

To who wants whom in out? Why to what she is not to connect with so we sway into something more out and about...
To go exactly where to what they think I ought to do?

Is that to be lame less some must reamin/remain in that mode to an more up broaden in what in Their old view?

To what a Reason?

What she or I ....

In hear and what I need in to do....
I know what I like...

Still not wanting completely disisolation...

Was for me always to explore to be out an dabout about an explorium..or explorium...
Um die weld wald waelder Welt....

Mit does Geld in tasche und wenn das draussen lassen wurden?

Wenn das nicht hire...wer...wo?

Sprist Du so, auch?
Manchmal denk ich mir mehr glaube ich asl das was mann an der Tafel auf-schreiben kann...

Eine Tafe aus Weiss, sie ist nich gruen oder wschwarz...

Hire wie ich sie sehe, mein Hintergrund...

Meine Erde so wie sie es war...

Das Leben!!!.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110089 Mar 19, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The open systems argument does not help evolution. Raw energy cannot generate the specified complex information in living things. Undirected energy just speeds up destruction. Just standing out in the sun wonít make you more complexóthe human body lacks the mechanisms to harness raw solar energy. If you stood in the sun too long, you would get skin cancer, because the sunís undirected energy will cause mutations.(Mutations are copying errors in the genes that nearly always lose information). Similarly, undirected energy flow through an alleged primordial soup will break down the complex molecules of life faster than they are formed.
So is your degree is micro or astro biology?
I think it's in fundiedenialbiology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 6 min andet1987 2,964
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 12 min andet1987 30,006
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 14 min UnderstandPeople 25,749
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 15 min andet1987 261
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 18 min andet1987 240
Old TV shows Ė what's your favorite? 18 min Many many shows - 15
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 22 min andet1987 2,887
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 28 min Mega Monster 7,614
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 46 min Will Dockery 24,120
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 152,542
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 5 hr X Crypsis X 336
More from around the web