Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221438 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#109826 Mar 15, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa had a woody looking for Bunny?
Like Boney and Clyde...
With a Turbon Engine...Oh wait we are in the west a Turbo Engine keep your hat on...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#109827 Mar 15, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Depends if it was Chinese elves or not?
Nope if it were the Chinese Elves dog food would be the ticket, best...Peppered up Szechuan style... spicy...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#109828 Mar 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have studied psychology...
And I lived it...

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#109829 Mar 15, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>That was just an old joke that I had heard some of the guys at work telling years ago. The Yugo had a minivan they said was the Wego and the station wagon was the Theygo. Don't some people know what jesting is? It was just making fun and maybe I should be more careful not to do that, because some people can't wait to use this in a some bad way.
Bad people can do a lot of things if they could always do as they wished...

We all have had some thoughts...

They would place a lot of things in someone's else's hand the hand that doesn't want to wash any longer...Or something like that...

To shake hands yeah used to be common and a deal maker too..

Those that have hands and still would want to be creative in the world in some way ought to keep them has nothing maybe to do with stealing after all, as much as the Native web and dream catching...

A beautiful wall covering a nice design to catch bad dream invasions...

To keep the nice ones in...

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#109830 Mar 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are correct somebody must put energy into the system.
In this case you claim the cross breeding is man made so man must put energy into the system to cause the cross breeding.
It doesn't just "evolve" to something of a higher order spontaneously There must be an energy input. In this case man cross breeds intentionally a donkey and a horse to get a mule.
This is why evolution is flawed. Evolution violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics. You must not have taken Physics.
I have had physics and evolution does not violate the SLoT. Based on what you post, I would scarcely believe you finished high school. You do realize that you just claimed that evolution doesn't happen because it violates the SLoT and then followed up by claiming man can breed mules while violating the SLoT. Nice work.

The donkey and the horse are both descended from a common ancestor. They are the result of evolution from a ancestral species.

The energy that drives life on this planet comes largely from the sun. Wait till it isn't dark and go outside and have a look. It will be the big bright thing in the sky.
Pale Wild Wood Flower

Castroville, TX

#109831 Mar 15, 2014
I derive from sunny and marry. adler and Gladys edmiston. and ona oniel and gage oniel. grate marry pierce and an unknown name....( he died when gma marry was nine.
Pale Wild Wood Flower

Castroville, TX

#109832 Mar 15, 2014
i hear see smell and touch i talk i feel i pray i hope that we are alright everyday...
Pale Wild Wood Flower

Castroville, TX

#109833 Mar 15, 2014
i am connected to every person .... i feel their pain... i want to help all that i can.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Level 6

KREUZBERG...

#109834 Mar 15, 2014
I wonder are you an evolved or are you a creation?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#109835 Mar 15, 2014
creation

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#109836 Mar 15, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Depends if it was Chinese elves or not?
(Gluten free Chinese elfcat food, I'd hope.)
My mistake. I thought we were talking about Schrodinger's Santa.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#109838 Mar 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case you claim the cross breeding is man made so man must put energy into the system to cause the cross breeding.
It doesn't just "evolve" to something of a higher order spontaneously There must be an energy input. In this case man cross breeds intentionally a donkey and a horse to get a mule.
This is why evolution is flawed. Evolution violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics. You must not have taken Physics.
BWA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Does the sun have an energy output? If so, which "someone" makes it work?

And if it DOES work (whether a "person" is required or no) then what, pray tell, prevents evolution when we have an abundance of energy for biology to make use of?

P.s. Evolution does NOT make things evolve into a "higher order". Evolution is not goal-directed.

P.p.s. Entropy is not "order". "Order" is just an ANALOGY that scientists sometimes use to quickly get a point across, especially to laymen.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#109839 Mar 15, 2014
Anyone pointed out to this numpty that if the SLoT really worked the way he thought it did then fetal development would be impossible?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#109840 Mar 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
A Mule is sterile it is not able to reproduce and form a species.
A Mule is a cross between a Donkey and a Horse (2 distinct species)
If evolution were true the Mule would have already evolved into a third species.
Donkeys and horses are not distinct species, due to their ability to mate and make mules (most of which are sterile). And since mules are the result of a *reduction* of genetic variability (in the same way that dog-breeding reduces variability to produce specific traits) AND is largely sterile, no, mules are unlikely to eventually lead to new species.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#109841 Mar 15, 2014
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed the universe is irreducibly complex as is all of life on earth... To state that all matter in the universe came to be from an explosion of energy no bigger than an atom is beyond ridiculous and no where near scientific... However that's all they've got and if you don't believe that you're simply unintelligent.... ID is not a theory... It's a requirement.... They know it but will die before they admit it...
If the universe is "irreducibly complex" then how come I can reduce it to galaxies, stars, nebula, planets, lakes, lifeforms, rocks - all the way down to atoms?

If ID is a requirement then it must also be for your designer.

You're out of your depth, Deef.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#109842 Mar 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
What two ancestral species evolved into a horse?
What two ancestral species evolved into a donkey?
There is ONE final ancestral species to both donkey and horse.
It would not have been exactly like either a donkey or a horse today.

This species split into isolated populations through migratory or climatic change and after that there were two breeding populations separated from each other. Each continued to accumulate changes generation by generation, but the changes could not be passed back to the other population, so the two populations diverged gradually.

That is how evolution works. Go back earlier and that common ancestor of the horse and donkey, one species, will have been the result of an earlier split, and that ancestor the result of an earlier split, and so on.

Why do the populations diverge? Because mutations result in tiny random changes in each member of the populations and where those changes confer an advantage, they spread through the population. Even some non-advantageous (neutral) changes spread that way. But when populations are split, the changes occurring in each population are now isolated to that one alone.

Its analogous to the way languages split and change over time. Spanish, French, and Italian have a common ancestor in Latin. But now they are different "species" of evolved Latin.

Level 6

Location hidden

#109843 Mar 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The energy going into breeding is not from us. Its from the food they eat, ultimately derived from the sun's energy. And they spontaneously gain higher order in the progression from embryo to adult, so if thermodynamics is violated by cross breeding, as you claim, then its violated just by growing up.

Since that is absurd, perhaps you had better learn some more physics (and biology).

Level 6

Location hidden

#109844 Mar 16, 2014
Tinka wrote:
So now what is the Verdict on Science in it's Evolutionary Development....Has it reached a point anywhere in any field does it now know enough about the un-xplainable events that at times occur? This two legged MEN Creature, A *Being* a moving about.
Spirit matter and it's soul (where truthfully one's LIFE live events remain where memory is stored)., ongoing !
How does one excape them the Scientists? Disrobe them and take away their title to be called of Service they best have the best in Interest...
Escape their Ignorance...
And or one must HOPE can't give up the Belief that the Higher Supreme of all *men* made through physical Births is a watching and that it's Force to end the plaque of men will stop, step in...
They think it is something to watch to have been part of becoming witness to Miracles...Openly shared as it were any other day...
If you could choose between Heaven or Hell which way? Choose the right... seems there only exists Good or Not GOOD.
So in Trust we hold hands and give ourselves, part of us handed over..
Everything is present in-between...Once past and toward the future...
You mean we must keep on, decipher, all must strive to become an equal in equalities to one, someone, anyone that has entered into the Hands of one important that teaches of Christ and his forgiving people...lets not forget about them...
It would be too harsh to label them all for they must have been under one huge kick ass spell...
To the Educated...as well. Book-smart THEORY : All they did is took it from another... Derived from.Someone else's knowledge or just plain a point of view...
When the Life becomes clear to mind and life is and the living still have to ponder on...
It's all just to anyone's UNDERSTANDING....SCIENCE
We ought to all be born with a certificate
You are born with something even better. A brain.

Up to you whether you want to use it.
Pale Wild Wood Flower

Castroville, TX

#109845 Mar 16, 2014
yeah well are you actually going to listen to me this biotch really stoll my identity.... and now she is coming for whats left of my life that isn't ruined yet . and yeah sherie i am shure you have something to do with it.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#109847 Mar 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the names of these pre-donkey and pre-horse species?
Please provide scientific documentation of this "evolution" with specific fossil records showing the tiny random changes of each member of the population over time.
The evolution of the horse s well documented, if you can't find that readily available information,
then you are purposely avoiding it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 3 min SweLL GirL 16,667
Word Association (Jun '10) 6 min SweLL GirL 32,361
Word Association (Mar '10) 9 min SweLL GirL 22,199
True False Game (Jun '11) 11 min SweLL GirL 14,773
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 16 min SweLL GirL 33,075
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 21 min KellyP in Jersey 6,549
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. (Oct '16) 23 min KellyP in Jersey 3,011
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr KellyP in Jersey 217,000
News Sea lion grabs girl, pulls her into water 2 hr Geezer 11
Where are you from? 4 hr Charlie 43
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr TheJerseyDevil 4,005
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr TheJerseyDevil 75,155
More from around the web