Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#109667 Mar 12, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, this patterned sequence is commonly how nature arrives at a number such as the number eight.
Does nature arrive at the number 8? Wow, an 8 sided blade of grass, 8 leaves on a tree, 8 mountains in the world, 8 elements in a molecule of water. Fascinating, I really didn’t think the babble was this scientifically advanced.

Or perhaps 42?

Look it up.

Level 6

#109668 Mar 12, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>WHOOOA HOLD ON THERE COWGIRL! That's not a poney, that's a Buffalo!
To much caffeine makes you shout and become intolerant.

Level 6

#109669 Mar 12, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's your idea of "evidence" then just stay out of science. Or law. Or medicine. Or forensics.
Or anything that requires logic.
Or anything that require thinking
THE LONE WORKER

Duluth, GA

#109670 Mar 12, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What meaning?
The meaning that you believe in the stories of a bronze age myth and a terrorist and I don’t
Yes I know exactly what the babble is about which I can see that you don’t but I am not surprised by your ignorance. There is a lot of it about in the christian fraternity.
Here is a little story about the NT, you may believe it of not, it does not really matter because it is documented fact.
The NT is a book compiled by committee over 300 years after events based on stories of no provenance and the need to justify religious hatred. over the next 1300 years most of the evidence or it’s source, fallibility and outright lies was destroyed by good christians and it was edited and changed and had so many different versions being written that King James said – whoah, enough is enough and convened yet another committee to compile a definitive babble. Not from the original compilation you understand, but from the best of the four or five most popular books at the time. And so the definitive 1600s version was written and guess what, there are now over 200 English language versions alone and who knows how many others in different languages. This all leads to over 40,000 different sects of christianity each claiming their own interpretation of whichever babble they worship is the correct interpretation.
And you think you can glean meaning out of that with your very own version of a book that you interpret in exactly the way you want? Honey you believe exactly what you want to believe about a book of lies, me I’ll stick with facts.
Yes I have heard ‘through Jesus the Son of God’ mentioned on many occasions, usually it’s the sad ramblings of deluded people but I have also heard it from the people who are paid to say it.
I am not paid to say these things. Yes, the basic good news or gospel of the Bible is about the salvation of mankind through the Son of God Jesus Christ and he is the way and the truth to eternal life in a right relationship with God the Creator. All the Bible leads to this conclusion and it really doesn't matter if some translation has made a minor error in some way.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#109671 Mar 12, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>I am not paid to say these things. Yes, the basic good news or gospel of the Bible is about the salvation of mankind through the Son of God Jesus Christ and he is the way and the truth to eternal life in a right relationship with God the Creator. All the Bible leads to this conclusion and it really doesn't matter if some translation has made a minor error in some way.
Use any translation you like. None of it is supported by any evidence.

And who said we need "salvation"? Death happens. Get over it.

Level 6

#109672 Mar 12, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>I am not paid to say these things. Yes, the basic good news or gospel of the Bible is about the salvation of mankind through the Son of God Jesus Christ and he is the way and the truth to eternal life in a right relationship with God the Creator. All the Bible leads to this conclusion and it really doesn't matter if some translation has made a minor error in some way.
I don’t really care whether you are paid or not

There you go, I knew it would not be long before you started lying -“truth” you are adapting words to make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy about a phrase of those pathetically frightened of dying,“eternal life”. There is no truth in that phrase, the universe itself discredits it. It’s a dream, it’s faith, it is not truth.

May I suggest you actually look up the meaning of the word truth, I think you will find that it actually has nothing to do with faith.

Minor errors? Wow is this the “truth”? You gave been smoking some weird sh|t. Some of these godbooks (the NIV for example) bare no relation to the original book to the extent that they have whole passages cut out, they use modern interpretations for words that can not be translated and many of the tales are made up to make their little clan of believers feel better. And those that do have any truth (verifiable truth) in them refer to places and dignitaries that are known to have existed. Not to a bronze age myth and a terrorist crucified for his crimes.

Honey, you are welcome to believe whatever you want but please do not commit the sin of dictating your belief as truth. You will be proven wrong on so many levels that you could not even comprehend how wrong you are.
THE LONE WORKER

Duluth, GA

#109673 Mar 12, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t really care whether you are paid or not
There you go, I knew it would not be long before you started lying -“truth” you are adapting words to make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy about a phrase of those pathetically frightened of dying,“eternal life”. There is no truth in that phrase, the universe itself discredits it. It’s a dream, it’s faith, it is not truth.
May I suggest you actually look up the meaning of the word truth, I think you will find that it actually has nothing to do with faith.
Minor errors? Wow is this the “truth”? You gave been smoking some weird sh|t. Some of these godbooks (the NIV for example) bare no relation to the original book to the extent that they have whole passages cut out, they use modern interpretations for words that can not be translated and many of the tales are made up to make their little clan of believers feel better. And those that do have any truth (verifiable truth) in them refer to places and dignitaries that are known to have existed. Not to a bronze age myth and a terrorist crucified for his crimes.
Honey, you are welcome to believe whatever you want but please do not commit the sin of dictating your belief as truth. You will be proven wrong on so many levels that you could not even comprehend how wrong you are.
The Bible does not say that death will be done away with here on this earth or this universe. If you search the scriptures, you can find that death will pass away with this heaven and earth and then there will be a New Heaven and a New Earth where death will not exist. The power which created all heaven and earth is more than capable of preparing a New Heaven and Earth and the New Testament tells us that Jesus has been given all power in heaven and earth to do these things. I am not dictating these things which I have learned by searching for myself, but I know the Bible is true and if we seek we will find.

Level 6

#109674 Mar 12, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible does not say that death will be done away with here on this earth or this universe. If you search the scriptures, you can find that death will pass away with this heaven and earth and then there will be a New Heaven and a New Earth where death will not exist. The power which created all heaven and earth is more than capable of preparing a New Heaven and Earth and the New Testament tells us that Jesus has been given all power in heaven and earth to do these things. I am not dictating these things which I have learned by searching for myself, but I know the Bible is true and if we seek we will find.
Your are making guesses based on indoctrination, delusion, fear and a 2000 year old book

You have learned nothing from the babble, except perhaps to lie about words that you don’t understand, nothing more.

What you have is faith, faith is not fact, faith is not truth and faith is not knowledge. And to claim it as such indicated a complete lack of thinking covered by deception.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#109675 Mar 12, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Have I ever called you derogatory name's? Yes it is mankind who counts things, but even the hairs on each of our heads are numbered, and our Creator knows their number.
If that's the case, please tell him I want hair numbers 100499 - 112522 back.

Sao Paulo

#109676 Mar 12, 2014
Hi Lone, you'll find you're quite outnumbered on a site full of Evolutionists. The ones that share your belief on this site are pretty much a basket of nutjobs. But kudos on standing up for what you believe in. In return I will summarize my belief in God.

I personally believe there exists a higher force, not necessarily a wise old man in a flowing robe that knows my hair count, but more so an energy throughout the universe that is the very fabric of what IS the universe. I believe in the theory of Evolution, and that this higher force came into existence with the big bang. Being an engineer, I wholly believe in science, and approach all matters in a logical way. I will never say I do not believe in God, and this comes from my Catholic upbringing in New England, but I do not buy into the Catholic Church. I capitalize these words out of respect, but am not a fan.

The Bible on the other hand, to me, represents a book of metaphors which should be respected, but not taken literally as fact. Many of the metaphors in the good book should be read in my opinion, but should be understood that they are merely a reference. The Bible should be read by those who want to read it, but it should not be taught. Creationism should be believed by those who want to believe in it or perhaps cannot understand alternatives, and should be presented to school children as a theory, but it should not be taught as the way the universe was created.

Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth. Saludos.

Sao Paulo

#109677 Mar 12, 2014
My above comment was intended to be a reply to your quote;
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible does not say that death will be done away with here on this earth or this universe. If you search the scriptures, you can find that death will pass away with this heaven and earth and then there will be a New Heaven and a New Earth where death will not exist. The power which created all heaven and earth is more than capable of preparing a New Heaven and Earth and the New Testament tells us that Jesus has been given all power in heaven and earth to do these things. I am not dictating these things which I have learned by searching for myself, but I know the Bible is true and if we seek we will find.
Krypteia

Crawley, UK

#109678 Mar 12, 2014
I sin all the time,I hate to think Jesus died for nothing..
THE LONE WORKER

Duluth, GA

#109679 Mar 12, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
Hi Lone, you'll find you're quite outnumbered on a site full of Evolutionists. The ones that share your belief on this site are pretty much a basket of nutjobs. But kudos on standing up for what you believe in. In return I will summarize my belief in God.
I personally believe there exists a higher force, not necessarily a wise old man in a flowing robe that knows my hair count, but more so an energy throughout the universe that is the very fabric of what IS the universe. I believe in the theory of Evolution, and that this higher force came into existence with the big bang. Being an engineer, I wholly believe in science, and approach all matters in a logical way. I will never say I do not believe in God, and this comes from my Catholic upbringing in New England, but I do not buy into the Catholic Church. I capitalize these words out of respect, but am not a fan.
The Bible on the other hand, to me, represents a book of metaphors which should be respected, but not taken literally as fact. Many of the metaphors in the good book should be read in my opinion, but should be understood that they are merely a reference. The Bible should be read by those who want to read it, but it should not be taught. Creationism should be believed by those who want to believe in it or perhaps cannot understand alternatives, and should be presented to school children as a theory, but it should not be taught as the way the universe was created.
Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth. Saludos.
Thank you Mr.Brazil; Isn't it great to live in a land where we all can still freely express and spend our 2 cents?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#109680 Mar 12, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>The answer goes this way= 0+1=1*1+1=2*1+2=3*2+3=5*5+3=8. Hits the target every time. Till next time
Ahhh, the Fibonacci sequence. Fun to play with for small minds that don't feel like understanding anything. Now, why would this sequence show up in nature? how about because many processes are built in stages where each new stage is the sum of the previous two? Wow, that is so deep....

Well, not really, but it is a good first attempt for a lone thinker. Oh wait, you said you got this from someone else? Did you check it first?

How about the 'target' of 365 days in a year? or the number of atoms in an amino acid, say tryptophan.

or we could continue the sequences a bit. Let's see.. 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597

What 'target' does 1597 hit?

how about this? It might blow your mind. Take any three successive terms of that sequence, say 233, 377, and 610. Multiply the two outer ones together. Now multiply the middle one by itself. The two answers are always 1 away from each other. In this case, 233*610=142130 and 377*377=142129.

That *must* be significant.
THE LONE WORKER

Duluth, GA

#109681 Mar 12, 2014
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, the Fibonacci sequence. Fun to play with for small minds that don't feel like understanding anything. Now, why would this sequence show up in nature? how about because many processes are built in stages where each new stage is the sum of the previous two? Wow, that is so deep....
Well, not really, but it is a good first attempt for a lone thinker. Oh wait, you said you got this from someone else? Did you check it first?
How about the 'target' of 365 days in a year? or the number of atoms in an amino acid, say tryptophan.
or we could continue the sequences a bit. Let's see.. 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610, 987, 1597
What 'target' does 1597 hit?
how about this? It might blow your mind. Take any three successive terms of that sequence, say 233, 377, and 610. Multiply the two outer ones together. Now multiply the middle one by itself. The two answers are always 1 away from each other. In this case, 233*610=142130 and 377*377=142129.
That *must* be significant.
Maybe we should look at this from another perspective when it comes to days and months and so on. 365 days and 12 months both together may give us something inline here in answer to one of these.
THE LONE WORKER

Duluth, GA

#109682 Mar 12, 2014
If we take 12 steps in the sequence then the next number is 377.
THE LONE WORKER

Duluth, GA

#109683 Mar 12, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
If we take 12 steps in the sequence then the next number is 377.
Disregard this post, I see my error now.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#109684 Mar 12, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe we should look at this from another perspective when it comes to days and months and so on. 365 days and 12 months both together may give us something inline here in answer to one of these.
Oh no, a numerologist. Yes, you can always manipulate any number to be a combination of those in the Fibonacci sequence. So, for example, 18=13+5. 20=13+5+3+2+1+1.

Wow. That *must* be significant!

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#109685 Mar 12, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe we should look at this from another perspective when it comes to days and months and so on. 365 days and 12 months both together may give us something inline here in answer to one of these.
Want a few more 'amazing' facts about rhw Fibonacci sequence?

OK, start with 1+1+2 and add up to any point in the sequence. The result will always be 1 less than the part of the sequence two further down.

So, for example

1+1+2+3+5+8+13+21+34+55+89 = 232 = 233-1.

Or just add up every other term. If you start with 1+2+5+13, you will get the next term of the sequence (in this case 21). If you start out skipping the first, say 1+3+8+21, you get 1 less than the next term.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#109686 Mar 12, 2014
THE LONE WORKER wrote:
Perhaps you should try this:

http://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/nature-gold...

It shows why the golden ratio is the best for flower development. And the Fibonacci sequence approximates the golden ratio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 min harleyhoney 17,548
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min ms_Sweeter 152,883
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 8 min eleanorigby 37,790
Did you get all you wanted for Christmas? 14 min harleyhoney 7
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 26 min Sublime1 26,021
Happy New Year 2015 30 min Spirit67_ 21
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 7,817
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 hr Bree_Z 7,417
Is it possible to....... 2 hr Laughing Out Loud 615
More from around the web