Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222919 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#109392 Mar 6, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>If some flying creature like the jellyfish existed, a human would never have a chance of catching one. A jellyfish can do something in less than a microsecond. The dart it fires covers 10 to 20 micrometers in less than one millioneth of a second. A human astronaut can experience forces four or five times the normal pull of gravity,or g's. But when a jellyfish spits out it's dart, the dart acceleration generates a force equal to one million g's.

So you're saying a jellyfish is what they were talking about being cherubim in the bible?
FREE SERVANT

Tucker, GA

#109393 Mar 6, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying a jellyfish is what they were talking about being cherubim in the bible?
I don't think so. A jellyfish lives in the water and a cherubim is said to be able to fly.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#109394 Mar 6, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so. A jellyfish lives in the water and a cherubim is said to be able to fly.
Then you just randomly throw stuff out to confuse people?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#109395 Mar 6, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so. A jellyfish lives in the water and a cherubim is said to be able to fly.
Jellyfish can fly:

http://escapepod.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/...

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#109396 Mar 6, 2014
OMG!! This thread is ANCIENT.. WHO DUG IT UP??
FREE SERVANT

Tucker, GA

#109397 Mar 6, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Jellyfish can fly:
http://escapepod.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/...
There ya go Dudey, Now you're talkin. FUNNY!
FREE SERVANT

Tucker, GA

#109399 Mar 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm..delusion boy..jellyfish move incredibly slowly. they can only move their darts that fast...
You guys are still missing my point about the super power this kind of creature has.
FREE SERVANT

Tucker, GA

#109400 Mar 6, 2014
The jellyfish has the capability of doing certain things faster than any other living thing on Earth. My point was, that if a creature such as this could fly, then those quick attributes may work in different and greater ways.

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#109402 Mar 6, 2014
May I ASK?? WTH..is this OBSESSION with Jellyfish??
FREE SERVANT

Tucker, GA

#109403 Mar 6, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
Many Creationist believe different kinds of creatures were made in their sort from the beginning, and they don't always change or become more complex as Evolution asserts that they all have. The Bible asserts that God made them after their own kind from the beginning. The jellyfish is one animal which does not show evidence of change much over it's time on Earth, from my understanding.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#109404 Mar 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Nope nothing of the sorts. You just can't see any of my points.
Have you ever considered that they may be a glaringly obvious reason for that?

Level 6

#109405 Mar 7, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
Free Servant was giving his version/impression/illusion/de lusion of immortal beings, the Turritopsis nutricula was mentioned (in humour) and he latched onto it like a drowning sailor clutching a straw. And now it seems that the OT is was written by and about faster than a speeding bullet jellyfish creatures
FREE SERVANT

Tucker, GA

#109406 Mar 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever considered that they may be a glaringly obvious reason for that?
I don't know. What some may see, others have to be shown time and time again for them to understand. It's a mystery.

Level 6

#109407 Mar 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The jellyfish has the capability of doing certain things faster than any other living thing on Earth. My point was, that if a creature such as this could fly, then those quick attributes may work in different and greater ways.
I hate to burst you bubble (actually, no I don’t) but creatures like jellyfish cannot support there own weight out of water. You can walk along any tidal beach and see the sad and rotting remains of those without the buoyancy of the sea.

Level 6

#109408 Mar 7, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know. What some may see, others have to be shown time and time again for them to understand. It's a mystery.
Nope, does not work like that. At its most basic level what you have is two poles, reality and delusion. Most people are attracted to the reality pole but there are some few who for whatever reason, chemical imbalance, faulty synaptic wiring, religious belief (same thing really) who knows? Are attracted to the delusion pole.

And funnily enough it is those delusional people who cannot see the reality on the far side of their delusion. So they need to repeatedly “show” people over and over and over and over again just how la la sane their delusion really is in the hope that all those crazy people of the reality pole will understand the mysteries of delusion.

And the people on at the reality pole do a slow face/palm, shake their head and mourn the loss of yet another potentially intelligent being.

But here is a little trick to help you understand the difference between your delusion pole and the reality pole. If it can be proven, if there is actual evidence, if it is factual then it will fall to the reality pole. If it is completely impossible and/or needs magic to make it work then it falls squarely on the delusion pole.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#109409 Mar 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That Britain is still Britain and without England, Wales and Scotland it would still be Britain
You are forgeting the subject 6f Discussion, the origin of English language. Britain or British is not a language. But Welsh, English and Scottish are.

Level 2

Location hidden

#109410 Mar 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Find out the meaning of island, the island of Britain and Britain
Actually the oxford English dictionary gives the definition of English as :-
Adjective - Relating to England or its people or language.
Noun - The language of England, now widely used in many varieties throughout the world.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/...
It also gives as an example of a sentence “The English language over the last 1,000 years has borrowed words from 350 other languages.”
So are you lying again and proven to be lying again or can you actually provide a citation that actually proves your actual stupidity?
That does not change the fact that, English originated in England. Others must learn English before they can understand it. Briton or Britain, is an ancient name, incorporated by England, Scotland and Wales.

Level 2

Location hidden

#109411 Mar 7, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
The sundial was invented by the English, and is owned by England.
No fuo. You can take away English from the English. That is why they are called the English.

Level 2

Location hidden

#109412 Mar 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Find out the meaning of island, the island of Britain and Britain
Actually the oxford English dictionary gives the definition of English as :-
Adjective - Relating to England or its people or language.
Noun - The language of England, now widely used in many varieties throughout the world.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/...
It also gives as an example of a sentence “The English language over the last 1,000 years has borrowed words from 350 other languages.”
So are you lying again and proven to be lying again or can you actually provide a citation that actually proves your actual stupidity?
And again, that Oxford told us that it began in England. What does that mean to you? Adjective qualifies a noun, so the Adjective of England is English, that is why its inhabitants are called the English. CRY.

Level 2

Location hidden

#109413 Mar 7, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Find out the meaning of Rejuvenation and see for your self.
According to Oxford and other dictionaries, English, originated in England.
And again, English is derived from Latin, Greek, etc. Does that makes English to be Latin or Greek?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 15 min WhatDoesTheFoxSay 29,088
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 19 min Suezanne 564
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Suezanne 224,522
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 25 min andet1987 3,053
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 55 min andet1987 4,124
What Could Be Steamed? 1 hr Suezanne 8
Does anyone remember? (Apr '13) 1 hr andet1987 1,772
More from around the web