Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“The love of Paleontology:”

Since: Jan 14

Discover, explore, imagine.

#109149 Mar 1, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, sooner or later, humans would get to it.
The results of that could, and probably will be, catastrophic. We'll have to hope for our future relatives that humans are not dumb enough to engineer a way to allow humans to live forever. Or, if they do, they don't use it in a bad way.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#109150 Mar 1, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, sooner or later, humans would get to it.
Not that that couldn't be a reason, but even the sun can't live forever.

#109151 Mar 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that that couldn't be a reason, but even the sun can't live forever.
Actually, the sun can't live at all...technically speaking.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#109152 Mar 1, 2014
FASTWYND wrote:
<quoted text>The oldest living tree is thought to be 12000 years old. Can a tree live forever given the right conditions?
Now that there's a fascinatin' question.

Given that the self-cloning Pando colony of Quaking Aspen (Populus tremoloides) in Utah is 80,000 years old, I cannot imagine anything short of catastrophic climate change killing it off...

Fire certainly won't do it - they depend on fire.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#109153 Mar 1, 2014
PaleoGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the sun can't live at all...technically speaking.
Well by living here, we are talking about continuing on in the same process forever.
In that respect the sun is alive with the reactions that drive it's existence, consequently it being a major requirement for a tree to live, so you see if the life of a star is not eternal.
Then the tree's life which is forever dependent on the sun , can't possibly live forever.
But more importantly in cosmology we do see stars as either alive, or dead in their processes.

#109154 Mar 1, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well by living here, we are talking about continuing on in the same process forever.
In that respect the sun is alive with the reactions that drive it's existence, consequently it being a major requirement for a tree to live, so you see if the life of a star is not eternal.
Then the tree's life which is forever dependent on the sun , can't possibly live forever.
But more importantly in cosmology we do see stars as either alive, or dead in their processes.
Good point.
FASTWYND

Calhoun, GA

#109156 Mar 2, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Very smart of you. So given the right conditions, trees have something in their makeup that would let them live for ever if the right conditions were set.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#109157 Mar 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, the flag of GB is the union flag,(no not the union jack, but union flag) it does contain the flag of St George but that does not mean it is the fag of st George.
Here perhaps the British Queen knows a bit more about it than your do
http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/Symbols/Uni...
Next I am moving nothing, you are lying and this very thread proves it, do you really think that everyone is a stupid as you?
I agree with you 100% with your “new” claim that England is part of Great Britain and that very fact means that people born in England are British. In exactly the same way that people born in Wales are British. Just ask any “English” or “Welsh” person to read their nationality from their passport or ask where their driving licence was issued.
Here are a couple of hints
Passport, Nationality : British Citizen
United Kingdom Driving Licence, issued “United Kingdom of Great Britain”
You are clueless, you make up rules up to suit you own prejudices and then argue black is white when the real rules do not actually match your guesses. When the facts are proven even beyond the ability of you stupidity to ignore then you move the goalpost to suit a new rule you have made up.
It’s really quite pathetic and a total waste of time. Your deliberate ignorance explains why you choose to troll rather than to admit defeat in the evolution vs creation argument.
Until you understand that England is the only true English nation in Britain and the UK, i will not relent. Go on with your trash.

Level 2

Location hidden

#109158 Mar 2, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, the flag of GB is the union flag,(no not the union jack, but union flag) it does contain the flag of St George but that does not mean it is the fag of st George.
Here perhaps the British Queen knows a bit more about it than your do
http://www.royal.gov.uk/MonarchUK/Symbols/Uni...
Next I am moving nothing, you are lying and this very thread proves it, do you really think that everyone is a stupid as you?
I agree with you 100% with your “new” claim that England is part of Great Britain and that very fact means that people born in England are British. In exactly the same way that people born in Wales are British. Just ask any “English” or “Welsh” person to read their nationality from their passport or ask where their driving licence was issued.
Here are a couple of hints
Passport, Nationality : British Citizen
United Kingdom Driving Licence, issued “United Kingdom of Great Britain”
You are clueless, you make up rules up to suit you own prejudices and then argue black is white when the real rules do not actually match your guesses. When the facts are proven even beyond the ability of you stupidity to ignore then you move the goalpost to suit a new rule you have made up.
It’s really quite pathetic and a total waste of time. Your deliberate ignorance explains why you choose to troll rather than to admit defeat in the evolution vs creation argument.
And again, no arguments about England as a unit under Britain, but its inhabitants are also known as the English. This is used to differentiate other British nationals that are not English or from England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#109159 Mar 2, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you can explain to me how the shroud's face and back of the head are joined without any room for the top of the skull? And why doesn't the height of the figure match what biblical scholars believe Jesus' height was, based on available descriptions, ethnicity and presumed diet?
That is your opinion. Jesus Christ existed as a man, and he is still very much in existence. To date.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#109160 Mar 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, no arguments about England as a unit under Britain, but its inhabitants are also known as the English. This is used to differentiate other British nationals that are not English or from England.
Hmm.

The Amish and Mennonites here in the US refer to anyone who doesn't speak Pennsylvania Dutch as "The English". Even me.

Which kinda scuppers your notion that the English are "solely English".

One realizes that English is your second language, Chuck, but that's no excuse. It's my second, too.

Shurrup.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#109161 Mar 2, 2014
FASTWYND wrote:
<quoted text>Very smart of you. So given the right conditions, trees have something in their makeup that would let them live for ever if the right conditions were set.
Forever is a long time. You can say it, but you can't observe it or test it. We can observe how long something has lived and predict that it would continue living as long as the environmental conditions and its particular biological conditions persist.
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#109162 Mar 2, 2014
The scripture of Genesis 3:22 comes to my mind in this topic. And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#109163 Mar 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is your opinion. Jesus Christ existed as a man, and he is still very much in existence. To date.
Your opinion is noted. Jesus was a man and he exists in the same way that Homer or Lao Tzu still exist. Anything beyond that is your superstition.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#109164 Mar 2, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Until you understand that England is the only true English nation in Britain and the UK, i will not relent. Go on with your trash.
Oh. Chuckles is back.

{scroll down}
{scroll down}
{scroll down}
{scroll down}
{scroll down}

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#109165 Mar 2, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The scripture of Genesis 3:22 comes to my mind in this topic. And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
The only thing that comes to your 'mind' is Bible quotes. Fancy that.:-/
FREE SERVANT

Duluth, GA

#109166 Mar 2, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that comes to your 'mind' is Bible quotes. Fancy that.:-/
Well, can't you see that the tree of life that was in the garden must have had the ability to live for ever, because if Adam and Eve were allowed to eat of it, they would have been able to live for ever.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#109167 Mar 2, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Well, can't you see that the tree of life that was in the garden must have had the ability to live for ever, because if Adam and Eve were allowed to eat of it, they would have been able to live for ever.
What garden, what tree, what ability and Adam and Eve who?

You might just as well be addressing the actualities of Peter Pan and Never Never Land as addressing the actualities of Genesis.

Level 2

Location hidden

#109168 Mar 3, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
The Amish and Mennonites here in the US refer to anyone who doesn't speak Pennsylvania Dutch as "The English". Even me.
Which kinda scuppers your notion that the English are "solely English".
One realizes that English is your second language, Chuck, but that's no excuse. It's my second, too.
Shurrup.
Tell your self that. English is native to England first, before any other nation in Britain and the world. Amish or the others were Germans who later became German Americans or simply Americans. So, back off.
Charles Idemi

Singapore, Singapore

#109169 Mar 3, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion is noted. Jesus was a man and he exists in the same way
that Homer or Lao Tzu still exist. Anything beyond that is your
superstition.
Your opinion . Likewise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 8 min Spotted Girl 1,093
New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 16 min beatlesinafog 436
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 17 min Judy 123 1,971
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 21 min Jennifer Renee 7,607
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 44 min Judy 123 2,962
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 52 min wichita-rick 152,539
Anonymous trolls who stalk & post libel 59 min Will Dockery 1
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 1 hr Will Dockery 24,119
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr X Crypsis X 336
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Mega Monster 25,741
More from around the web