Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199325 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108887 Feb 10, 2014
English language according to Chambers, Oxford, and Cambridge dictionary, started in England..

Level 2

Location hidden

#108888 Feb 10, 2014
All the contributors of English language needs a thorough understanding of the language before they understand the language un like the people of England.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#108889 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> England is British but its inhabitants are also English. Like i said, British or Britain is a term uniting the nations of England(ENGLISH), Scotland( SCOTTISH), and Wales(WELSH). Cry!
Some very few of it’s inhabitants are English, real English, pre roman English. You really have no idea about the cultural, national makeup of the UK because you are clueless.

Level 6

#108890 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. That does not make Latin English. A latin inhabitant must learn English before understanding it.
And a Chinese inhabitant must learn Latin before understanding it, so your point is what?

Level 6

#108891 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A question ,the English as a people does not exist? You are wrong.
I never said they don’t exist so stop lying,

What I did say is that they are few and far between.

My estimate, based on actually living here, seeing the people every single day of my life, researching genetics and knowing the history of the country estimates the real percentage of true English people to be less than 1%

And it must be an estimate based on real life because statistics for the number of people who’s DNA can prove them to be truly English DO NOT exist.

Level 6

#108892 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lastly, the people of England are known as British and English, British is not a language, but English is, therefore, the people of English than British.
So because the people of England are British then the English language is English?

And using the same great god charlie idiot logic, because my cats are a feline then they must of course be sabre toothed tigers?

Perhaps you need to install some more multi language software. Try looking at the menu of your word processor. In the language option you will find something along the lines of “set language” In mine there are 15 versions of English from English (Australian) to English (Zimbabwe) and it includes English (British)

Go figure, you are wrong again…

Level 6

#108893 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Oops, so you now admit that the English do have a government. Population is not the issue. The issue is that they are the largest ethnic group in the UK.
Did you not read my post? I stated and I quote

“Even the British government don’t know how many English people there are”…

I knew you were stupid, I know your were ignorant but I did not take you for illiterate too.

Wrong, real English are not the biggest ethnic group in England because there are not enough real English people.

Genetics has you beat, Note this is the same genetics that you would be quote happy to convict with 100% certainty a suspected felon to life imprisonment or even the death penalty.

Level 6

#108894 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ranting like a true Scot, and yet you are fighting for your freedom, England is the dominant in Britain, and its language is English, not British.
The great god charlie idiot has spoken. All hail the great god charlie idiot.

Since when have you been able to foretell the outcome of referenda? Is it god magic? Or are you simply a lot more clairvoyant then you seem to be from you idiotic ramblings?

Honey, I am not fighting for my freedom. I am already free. The very fact that the people of Scotland are holding a referendum is because they are free to do so.

If the majority in Scotland decide they want to be separate from the rest of the UK then fine, it’s a free vote and has fook all to do with your spite, vindictive hatred and deliberate attempts at obfuscation.

Yes the dominant language in Britain is English so what? What has this to do with the upcoming referendum? My guess is whatever the outcome then the dominant language in Scotland will remain English

That does not mean the language “originated”(your word) in England nor does it meant that changing the goalpost does not make you look any less of an idiot because just the opposite is true.

Level 6

#108895 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are the fool, if English is a minority according to you. English language will not be the major language spoken in the UK, why the otherwise?
More people than just the original native 2000 year old English people speak English, even you make a good attempt at it and you are not English so whats your excuse for that?

Level 6

#108896 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> From your stupid statement, Scottsh or Welsh language would have been the dominant, why English?
Say what? And elephants and whales should have been the dominant species on earth because they are bigger – right?

Or how about insects being the most dominant because there are more of them than English speaking peoples.

By you logic here we should all be speaking Chinese,

You are truing to introduce irrelevancies to change the scope of the discussion – why is this, is it because you have nothing in the main argument?

Level 6

#108897 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
As long as English is the dominant language in the UK and Britain, the English have the largest population.
As long as there are more eggs in my fridge than packets of butter then my fridge is an egg box

You are making irrelevant childish BS up because you are childish or a fool

Level 6

#108898 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
English according to sources, originated in England, its inhabitants are called the English, if they are called that solely, it means that they are the originators of the language. Scottish,. CHRISTINEM'S language in addition to Welsh, are all secondary languages compared to English language.
What sources? you keep claiming sources and you never provide a sources, the source of the great god charlie idiot says so does not count in the real world

You have been provided with several sources to say otherwise and you have ignored them

Nope not solely, People born in England with a right to British citizenship are British, they are not known officially as English. What you as the great god charley idiot chooses to call them is entirely a matter for your limited intellect.

All languages are primary languages to the people who use them as a first language

Level 6

#108899 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
English language according to Chambers, Oxford, and Cambridge dictionary, started in England..
Links please

And of course there is a major difference between “started” and “originated”

You are again moving the goalposts

Level 6

#108900 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
All the contributors of English language needs a thorough understanding of the language before they understand the language un like the people of England.
You do not understand the meaning of the word originate yet alone the whole language

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#108901 Feb 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>You do not understand the meaning of the word originate yet alone the whole language
... or "own".

Level 2

Location hidden

#108902 Feb 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Some very few of it’s inhabitants are English, real English, pre roman
English. You really have no idea about the cultural, national makeup of
the UK because you are clueless.
Damn! but you initially said that the English had little or no population. why the lie?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108903 Feb 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Some very few of it’s inhabitants are English, real English, pre roman
English. You really have no idea about the cultural, national makeup of
the UK because you are clueless.
From your statements, you are the idiot. If the English have a significant population in Scotland, it therefore means that, they have the highest population in that island.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108905 Feb 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And a Chinese inhabitant must learn Latin before understanding it, so your point is what?
As long as that Chinese is not a native of Latin, he or she must learn it, before he or she can understand that Latin.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108906 Feb 11, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they don’t exist so stop lying,
What I did say is that they are few and far between.
My estimate, based on actually living here, seeing the people every
single day of my life, researching genetics and knowing the history of
the country estimates the real percentage of true English people to be
less than 1%
And it must be an estimate based on real life because statistics for the
number of people who’s DNA can prove them to be truly English DO NOT
exist.
Few? ok few. but every one knows that the English in Scotland are not truly Scottish, but English, so, if the English are few in numbers, why is English the most spoken language in Britain and the UK?

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#108907 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Damn! but you initially said that the English had little or no population. why the lie?
Brain cell count, your head and little or no population ....all three share together!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 min _FLATLINE-------- 11,526
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 min Satan 145,426
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 2 min _FLATLINE-------- 13,568
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 3 min _FLATLINE-------- 82,127
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min Satan 56,827
2words into 2new words (May '12) 4 min THE LONE ARRANGER 2,251
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Sublime1 192,857
News Man arrested after 'putting his PENIS on superm... 20 min Parden Pard 28
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr Bad Bex 7,203
More from around the web