Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222738 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108874 Feb 9, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you fool, Even the British government don’t know how many English people there are and if you want to go back into history I think you will find true English ancestry to be a minute percentage of the population.
Example, I was born in England with Scottish ancestry, looking further into the DNA my lineage goes back to Denmark and Southern Turkey. My husband also born in England has French, German and a little middle eastern DNA.
There are very few (in the realms of single percentage digits) true English people who can trace their lineage back to the pre Roman England
Please note that less that 50% of the people living in England have a British passport.
It is said than in London only 45% of the population are white British, and I know for a fact that many of those are Scots, Welsh and Irish
During the last national census there were tick boxes for ethnicity, including Irish and Scots but none for English or Welsh, we were grouped under White British. It seem that the British government do not recognise English as an ethnic grouping any more.
So what chance has the lonely voice of incredulity called the great god Charlie Idiot got?
Ranting like a true Scot, and yet you are fighting for your freedom, England is the dominant in Britain, and its language is English, not British.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108875 Feb 9, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you fool, Even the British government don’t know how many English people there are and if you want to go back into history I think you will find true English ancestry to be a minute percentage of the population.
Example, I was born in England with Scottish ancestry, looking further into the DNA my lineage goes back to Denmark and Southern Turkey. My husband also born in England has French, German and a little middle eastern DNA.
There are very few (in the realms of single percentage digits) true English people who can trace their lineage back to the pre Roman England
Please note that less that 50% of the people living in England have a British passport.
It is said than in London only 45% of the population are white British, and I know for a fact that many of those are Scots, Welsh and Irish
During the last national census there were tick boxes for ethnicity, including Irish and Scots but none for English or Welsh, we were grouped under White British. It seem that the British government do not recognise English as an ethnic grouping any more.
So what chance has the lonely voice of incredulity called the great god Charlie Idiot got?
You are the fool, if English is a minority according to you. English language will not be the major language spoken in the UK, why the otherwise?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108876 Feb 9, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Vielen Dank. Ich werde für die Zukunft.
The World does that not recognise that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108877 Feb 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said in my previous post, there are very few pre Roman English people. Take into account the ice age and land bridge with Europe, the Roman, Saxon and Norman invasions, then the Empire, the UK has been a trading nation for centuries and now the EU. That is an awful lot of cultural mishmash. The UK is an extremely diverse multicultural nation.
He is arguing with the wrong person on ancestry, I have done some research into ancestry, bosth family and genetic and am aware of the mix that occurred over the centuries/millennium. I can trace mine back to the 1100s and much further with DNA analysis.
Pure blood (for want of a better term and all very Harry Potter) pre Roman British are pale skinned with a tendency to freckles and have sandy blonde hair and brown/green eyes – although the wode stains have gone now. Most people now living in England have brown to very dark brown hair, shades of skin that vary tremendously from pale white to dark chocolate brown and have brown eyes.
The poor great god charlie idiot has no idea of British/English culture other than dreams of how he wishes it were. It all must be black and white for him with country cottages and water mills, with green and pleasant pastures presided over by lords and every one talking with a plumb in their mouths.
There are some (usually far right wingers) who harp for the past, The reality is that the England Chuck imagines has not existed for 2000 years. If people like him want the real flavour of the real England with mud huts in deep, dank forest with no plumbing and open fires venting through a hole in the roof then that’s ok by me so long as they leave me out of it. Most people though just get on with their lives, It really does not matter who their neighbour is so long as the music is not too loud after bed time
And that does not change the fact that Scottish and Welsh language is secondary to English language, the language of England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108878 Feb 10, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet that surprised your parents.(shrug)
Who created the first humans?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108879 Feb 10, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said in my previous post, there are very few pre Roman English people. Take into account the ice age and land bridge with Europe, the Roman, Saxon and Norman invasions, then the Empire, the UK has been a trading nation for centuries and now the EU. That is an awful lot of cultural mishmash. The UK is an extremely diverse multicultural nation.
He is arguing with the wrong person on ancestry, I have done some research into ancestry, bosth family and genetic and am aware of the mix that occurred over the centuries/millennium. I can trace mine back to the 1100s and much further with DNA analysis.
Pure blood (for want of a better term and all very Harry Potter) pre Roman British are pale skinned with a tendency to freckles and have sandy blonde hair and brown/green eyes – although the wode stains have gone now. Most people now living in England have brown to very dark brown hair, shades of skin that vary tremendously from pale white to dark chocolate brown and have brown eyes.
The poor great god charlie idiot has no idea of British/English culture other than dreams of how he wishes it were. It all must be black and white for him with country cottages and water mills, with green and pleasant pastures presided over by lords and every one talking with a plumb in their mouths.
There are some (usually far right wingers) who harp for the past, The reality is that the England Chuck imagines has not existed for 2000 years. If people like him want the real flavour of the real England with mud huts in deep, dank forest with no plumbing and open fires venting through a hole in the roof then that’s ok by me so long as they leave me out of it. Most people though just get on with their lives, It really does not matter who their neighbour is so long as the music is not too loud after bed time
From your stupid statement, Scottsh or Welsh language would have been the dominant, why English?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108880 Feb 10, 2014
Typos, i meant, Scottish.

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#108881 Feb 10, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Who created the first humans?
Your question is ill formed. It implies there was a "who" behind it, and that humans were "created"

A better way to ask is *how* humans can about.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108882 Feb 10, 2014
gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question is ill formed. It implies there was a "who" behind it, and that humans were "created"
A better way to ask is *how* humans can about.
Thanks. Do you mean, how humans came about?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108883 Feb 10, 2014
As long as English is the dominant language in the UK and Britain, the English have the largest population.

“Putten the SIN ”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

back in Wisconsin

#108884 Feb 10, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks. Do you mean, how humans came about?
Sure

Level 2

Location hidden

#108885 Feb 10, 2014
gotnatas wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure
K.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108886 Feb 10, 2014
English according to sources, originated in England, its inhabitants are called the English, if they are called that solely, it means that they are the originators of the language. Scottish,. CHRISTINEM'S language in addition to Welsh, are all secondary languages compared to English language.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108887 Feb 10, 2014
English language according to Chambers, Oxford, and Cambridge dictionary, started in England..

Level 2

Location hidden

#108888 Feb 10, 2014
All the contributors of English language needs a thorough understanding of the language before they understand the language un like the people of England.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#108889 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> England is British but its inhabitants are also English. Like i said, British or Britain is a term uniting the nations of England(ENGLISH), Scotland( SCOTTISH), and Wales(WELSH). Cry!
Some very few of it’s inhabitants are English, real English, pre roman English. You really have no idea about the cultural, national makeup of the UK because you are clueless.

Level 6

#108890 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. That does not make Latin English. A latin inhabitant must learn English before understanding it.
And a Chinese inhabitant must learn Latin before understanding it, so your point is what?

Level 6

#108891 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A question ,the English as a people does not exist? You are wrong.
I never said they don’t exist so stop lying,

What I did say is that they are few and far between.

My estimate, based on actually living here, seeing the people every single day of my life, researching genetics and knowing the history of the country estimates the real percentage of true English people to be less than 1%

And it must be an estimate based on real life because statistics for the number of people who’s DNA can prove them to be truly English DO NOT exist.

Level 6

#108892 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lastly, the people of England are known as British and English, British is not a language, but English is, therefore, the people of English than British.
So because the people of England are British then the English language is English?

And using the same great god charlie idiot logic, because my cats are a feline then they must of course be sabre toothed tigers?

Perhaps you need to install some more multi language software. Try looking at the menu of your word processor. In the language option you will find something along the lines of “set language” In mine there are 15 versions of English from English (Australian) to English (Zimbabwe) and it includes English (British)

Go figure, you are wrong again…

Level 6

#108893 Feb 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Oops, so you now admit that the English do have a government. Population is not the issue. The issue is that they are the largest ethnic group in the UK.
Did you not read my post? I stated and I quote

“Even the British government don’t know how many English people there are”…

I knew you were stupid, I know your were ignorant but I did not take you for illiterate too.

Wrong, real English are not the biggest ethnic group in England because there are not enough real English people.

Genetics has you beat, Note this is the same genetics that you would be quote happy to convict with 100% certainty a suspected felon to life imprisonment or even the death penalty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 2 min andet1987 6,117
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Sublime1 223,339
lets play follow the word! (Jul '08) 4 min andet1987 39,821
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 5 min andet1987 6,925
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 15 min Torie G 27,320
one word only (Jun '08) 1 hr Torie G 55,991
One Word (Jan '09) 1 hr Torie G 18,356
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 6 hr Crazy Jae 6,038
More from around the web