Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108750 Feb 5, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
Charles Idemi: 1.
Everyone else: 0.
Ignore him, and maybe he'll change his tune.
Who cares. As long as i am right.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108751 Feb 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Where do you live Charles?
My residence is not the issue.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108752 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
But that’s not what you originally said, so you are now moving the goalposts again?
Not surprising, I wonder how many holes you can actually dig before you admit your stupidity
You statement did not include the ”spread of the English Language”, if you can remember as far as yesterday,(and hundreds of other days for the last 2 years) you said, that English “originated” in England and that the English language belonged solely (your words) to English people
So once again you are a proven liar, you really must be a true and devout christian to lie so blatantly and not feel any embarrassment
The truth always prevails, no matter what. That has always been my stand. British and American English, have connections, and it was started by the English and the English in America.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108753 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
But that’s not what you originally said, so you are now moving the goalposts again?
Not surprising, I wonder how many holes you can actually dig before you admit your stupidity
You statement did not include the ”spread of the English Language”, if you can remember as far as yesterday,(and hundreds of other days for the last 2 years) you said, that English “originated” in England and that the English language belonged solely (your words) to English people
So once again you are a proven liar, you really must be a true and devout christian to lie so blatantly and not feel any embarrassment
Wrong. Yes they are solely English. They spread their language through colonialism and conquest.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#108754 Feb 5, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Who cares. As long as i am right.
Here is some latin for you:

Homo heidelburgensis
Homo erectus
Australopithecus sedibus
Australopithecus afarensis

Latin rules, as does evolution.

English is just pig German with some French baked on.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108755 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to the great god Charlie Idiot American English is not english? Australian English is not English
Yet another hole you dig?
Clown, do some research about the American and Australian Histories. ENGLAND was the cultural founders of these countries.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108756 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to the great god Charlie Idiot American English is not english? Australian English is not English
So, there is a link between British(the mother language), and that of their American and Australian counterparts. You lose again.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#108757 Feb 6, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The truth always prevails, no matter what. That has always been my stand. British and American English, have connections, and it was started by the English and the English in America.
I cannot resist.

If all the English one day left England, and settled in say China, would they still be the people who own English according to you?

And if that is the case, then those who left England 400 to 100 years ago settling in America and Australia and so on, also took their ownership of their mother tongue with them.

So Americans today own English just as rightfully as the English who stayed behind. In fact linguists will inform you that their American dialect is actually CLOSER to the English as it was spoken 400 years ago than what the modern English speak today. And since there are 330 million North Americans including Canadians who speak English as their first language, but only 50 million Englishmen, then its obvious that America has inherited the majority ownership of the language by a factor of six to one.

Given all this, your whole premise is not merely wrong, its just nonsensical.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108758 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So, whether Australian or American English, England and the offsprings from England, gave birth to the other forms of English known to you.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108759 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks you are loosing it, ahh but I may be wrong, it could be that the British people, the British government, the EU, the UN and any official affiliated body are all wrong and the great god of deliberate ignorance Charlie Idiot is correct - OK
Irony. You are the IDIOT. Britain is just a union between the Scots, welsh, and English. If they break up today, that term w6uld be history.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108761 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don’t seem to have much ideas of the term nation do you?
As for clamouring, I think you have been reading too many supermarket tabloids.
Actually the current forecast for the Scottish referendum is No and after all it is up to the people of Sciotland to decide, not the great god charlie idiot
As to why Alex Salmond is pushing for independence, it could be that he considers that they will be better of with the pound as currency, no hang on a moment, they already have the pound. So perhaps he thinks they will be better of claiming north sea oil as there own, no wait a moment North Sea Oil was developed using british money and independent international banks and oil companies. The only claim they have to it is the oil terminals on the east cost of Scotland. So perhaps he thinks that they would be better off with the Euro, no hang on a moment, the EU has something to say on that score and a new independent Scotland would not meet the criteria
So you got me, why?
Wrong. No matter how you paint it, England and Scotland, can never be the same, despite the union.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108762 Feb 6, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't like our beer.
Don't blame them.
They are just too tired of ENGLAND'S dominance.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108763 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that all babies are born with the ability to speak English??? Wow, I knew you were a few bricks short of a bungalow but I never realise you were that stupid.
You really must be christian, using the word truth like that with a straight face.
To be honest you should have replaced the leading t with a capital T then we would have known the meant what sounds like Truth to you rather that the real meaning of the word.
As long as you are born from a Scottish parents, you are Scottish by origin even though you were born in England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108764 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL – I don’t think you understand what you just did – brilliant, absolutely brilliant, thank you, that is the best laugh I have has all week.
English is a language that was first spoken in England , by that, it originated in ENGLAND. Lol

Level 2

Location hidden

#108765 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not here to change to meanings of words just to pander to your stupidity
Like i said, you can not refute that statement.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108766 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Methinks you have not thought this one out properly (as with so many more of your posts)
Did you mean Breton, Alsatian, Comtois, Romande, Occitan, Provençal, Basque or more, I know of around 40 distinct languages spoken in France, my own village street names are shown in both Official French and Occitan
But the official French Language is controlled by government, I believe they even have a government department to oversee it
No such controls exist for English
So using French as an example is a particularly good indicator of your ignorance.
Whether control or not, English as a language was first spoken in England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108767 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have shown you the dictionary and you ignored it
What does "first", stands to you?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108768 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you cannot supply the links to those scholarly sources you claim overrule the links I have already given you to scholarly sources?
You have lost again…
Wikipedia is a good source. Almost every one here agreed, except on the issue of ownership.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108769 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? You are right I cannot refute the fact that the stupid is strong in you
Every one knows that. The English or the people of England are the dominant group.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108770 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So the British people, the British government, the European Union and the United Nations, and everyone in the world who has some sort of contact with Britain is wrong and the great god charlie idiot is right.
Glad we got that one sorted out
Why do we have Scotland, Wales and England as an independent countries?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min wichita-rick 161,405
motorcycle traveling stories 25 min Mega Monster 553
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 1 hr Camilla 8,019
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 1 hr wichita-rick 768
A six word game (Dec '08) 2 hr Trouser Cough 18,291
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 7,805
News Teen, missing for 4 days, lived off school's fr... 2 hr wichita-rick 2
Things that make life eaiser... 2 hr wichita-rick 94
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 3 hr Lord Satan 8,336
News The trooper fired at the motorcycle, and then d... 3 hr El Gato 104