Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Ken Bass ”

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#108686 Feb 4, 2014
If the bible says it then you can betcha ya bottom dollar that its the truth !!!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#108687 Feb 4, 2014
Uncle_Fester wrote:
If the bible says it then you can betcha ya bottom dollar that its the truth !!!
I notice you did not spell the word truth with a capital T to distinguish the christian version of truth from the real meaning of the word…

Right so although there is absolutely no evidence of any gods then the abrahamic god is Truth

Despite the fact that DNA totally disproves the adam and eve story then the we should ignore the science and believe in the bronze age babble Truth

Despite the fact that there is no evidence of a world flood.
That the ark described in the babble is impossible to build as described even with todays technology.
That DNA (that old bugbear again) proves the godly genocide to be impossible.
That the ark as described cannot possibly hold 20 million species for over a year.
That feeding 20 million species for over a year requires such considerable space for the food than could possibly be available in the ark

Despite the fact that there is no evidence that jesus lived as described in the babble and there is no evidence that someone of that name was even born to Mary

Despite all that we all should fall over and worship bronze age idiocy?

OK, you convinced me, where do I sign up….

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#108688 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The truth, English originated in England.
No one is disputing that, you jackass. You have claimed England has ownership of the language. The is a distinct difference between origination and ownership. A simple concept that a simpleton like you cannot understand.

You need to sue the ass off whoever taught you English.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#108689 Feb 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I though he was American, but I may be wrong. I simply associated his stupidity with the US creationist garbage.
If I remember right, Chuckles was from South Africa but now living in Iceland or somewhere up there.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#108690 Feb 4, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember right, Chuckles was from South Africa but now living in Iceland or somewhere up there.
Thanks.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#108691 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Gibberish. That does not change how the universe came into form, we are all using the term, " faith", whether you like it or not.
Contraire Monsieur......the number is falling like a rock:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/09/surv...

Survey: One in five Americans has no religion

By Dan Merica, CNN

Washington – The fastest growing "religious" group in America is made up of people with no religion at all, according to a Pew survey showing that one in five Americans is not affiliated with any religion.

The number of these Americans has grown by 25% just in the past five years, according to a survey released Tuesday by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

The survey found that the ranks of the unaffiliated are growing even faster among younger Americans.

Thirty-three million Americans now have no religious affiliation, with 13 million in that group identifying as either atheist or agnostic, according to the new survey.

Pew found that those who are religiously unaffiliated are strikingly less religious than the public at large. They attend church infrequently, if at all, are largely not seeking out religion and say that the lack of it in their lives is of little importance.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#108692 Feb 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, no upset intended to those Americans who do not believe goddidtbymagic one lazy October afternoon 6004 years ago and that the sun is towed around the earth in a golden fiery chariot ridden by baby jesus
Not all Americans hype the US creationist garbage.
Agreed (hence the sarcastic *waving flag* comment)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108693 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Halt! You can not stop me from saying the truth. If you don't mind, then ignore.
You're right, we can't stop you from saying the truth. It's just you never bother.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108694 Feb 4, 2014
Uncle_Fester wrote:
It says the Earth is a flat square circle at the center of a geocentric universe which revolves around it, sun included. It also says that donkeys and lizards talk. True, right?

Or are you about to prove to all of us (again) that there's no such thing as a Biblical literalist?

Not that **you personally** have done that before, to my knowledge at least.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#108695 Feb 4, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It says the Earth is a flat square circle at the center of a geocentric universe which revolves around it, sun included. It also says that donkeys and lizards talk. True, right?
Or are you about to prove to all of us (again) that there's no such thing as a Biblical literalist?
It's the Gospel troof me swears it!

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#108696 Feb 4, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
lol - Yeah right, talking donkeys *rolling eyes*

That'll be the day.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#108697 Feb 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the Gospel troof me swears it!
Ol' GAWD had more reasons to put his creatures to death than Carter had pills:

Everything but fartin' at the dinner table:

•Murder - Gen. 9:6; Ex. 21:12-14,20,23; Lev. 24:17,21; Num. 35:16-34; Deut. 19.
•Failing to circumcise - Gen. 17:14; Ex. 4:24,25.
•Eating leavened bread during feast of unleavened bread - Ex.
•2:15,19.
•Smiting Parents- Ex. 21:15.
•Kidnapping - Ex. 21:16; Deut. 24:7.
•Cursing Parents - Ex. 21:17; Lev. 20:9.
•Negligence with animals that kill - Ex. 21:28-32.
•Witchcraft - Ex. 22:18.
•Bestiality - Ex. 22:19; Lev. 18:23-29; 20:15,16.
•Idolatry - Ex. 22:20.
•Making holy anointing oil - Ex. 30:33.
•Putting holy anointing oil on strangers - Ex. 30:33.
•Making the holy perfume - Ex. 30:38.
•Defiling the Sabbath - Ex. 31:14.
•Working on the Sabbath - Ex. 35:2.
•Eating the flesh of the peace offerings in
•uncleanness - Lev. 7:20,21.
•Eating the fat of sacrifices - Lev. 7:25.
•Killing sacrifices other than at the door of the tabernacle - Lev. 17:1-9.
•Eating blood - Lev. 17:10-14.
•Incest - Lev. 18:6-29; 20:11-22.
•Eating sacrifices at the wrong time - Lev. 19:5-8.
•Consecration of children to idols - Lev. 20:1-5.
•Spiritualism - Lev. 20:6,27.
•Adultery - Lev. 20:10; Deut. 22:22-30.
•Sodomy/Homosexuality - Lev. 20:13.
•Relationship with a menstruous woman - Lev. 20:18.
•Whoredom - Lev. 21:9; Deut. 22:21,22.
•Sacrilege - Lev. 22:3.
•Refusing to fast on day of atonement - Lev. 23:29.
•Working on atonement - Lev. 23:30.
•Blasphemy - Lev. 24:11-16.
•Failure to keep the Passover - Num. 9:13.
•Presumptuous - Num. 15:30,31.
•Gathering firewood on the Sabbath - Num. 15:32,36.
•Failure to purify self before worship - Num. 19:13,20.
•False prophecy - Deut. 13:1-18; 18:20.
•Leading men away from God - Deut. 13:6-18.
•Stubbornness and rebelliousness - Deut. 21:18-23.
•Gluttony - Deut. 21:20-23.
•Drunkenness - Deut. 21:20-23.
•Backbiting - Deut. 17:2-7.
•False dreams and visions - Deut. 13:1-18.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108698 Feb 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m not sure the majority of Britains would claim language supremacy, although there are some right wingers who still dream for the old days of British Empire. And some holiday morons who think that shouting the English words loud enough to some poor bemused Spaniard or Greek will make them understood. I must admit though that I tend to see more Americans using this inane method of communication than I do English, perhaps that’s just the places I visit appeal more to American tourists.
Although English was used in the British Empire it was French that was the de facto international language prior to the end of WW2 and was used in all diplomatic areas and most international commercial transactions.
The rise of the US on the world scene since WW2 has changed all that,
So yes in terms of speakers per nation and the world diplomatic and economic stage, the US has more right to modern English than the English do.
Continue your lies, but that can never change reality. The Americans or English Americans and the English contributed to the spread of English globally.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108699 Feb 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said British was a language, you implied that I did therefore it is you who is lying.
British is a nationality.
The English language originate all over the world, it became the English language in England but that is far from your silly idea that it originated here.
That is why you are stupid. All languages have that features, English should not be singled out. The Language was never English in those lands, except in England. So, by that, it originated in England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108700 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said British was a language, you implied that I did therefore it is you who is lying.
The English language originate all over the world, it became the English language in England but that is far from your silly idea that it originated here.
Not really a nationality. Why? Because a nation do not struggle or clamour for its independence, its language is always uniform, etc.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108701 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are the Scots clamouring for their freedom, if Britain is truly a nation?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108702 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am British, born in England, the family have been born in England for 6 generations but are originally of Scottish decent, so try telling you stupidity to Somerset house, HMRC, the DVLA and the passport office, I really don’t think they would believe you.
What the hell did you expect me to do? Accept your stupid ignorance and agree that all new born babies are born with the ability to speak English naturally and have to learn the language of their native country. Do you really think I am as thick as the great god charlie idiot?
That is up to you. Your sentiments can never bend the truth.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108703 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The stupid is strong in you
You can not refute that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108704 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s not ALL the Scots, as to how many are actually aiming to an independent Scotland, well that’s the whole idea of a referendum
Wait and see.
Whatever the outcome it will be a democratic vote of those people effected and will have nothing to do you your stupidity
Lol call it any names, freedom is freedom. England( the English) remains the dominant in Britain. Like i said, a true nation don't do that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108705 Feb 5, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The English language is a language. English black pudding is not a language, Red phone boxes are quintessentially English but not a language, Paddington bear and royal crown derby pottery are English but not a language
Please note that the English language did not originate in England but evolved out of various languages
Funny. French evolved from Latin, but you can not take French language from France. The same applies to English, Spanish, Dutch, etc. Think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 5 min andet1987 2,887
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min Santa 25,748
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 11 min Mega Monster 7,614
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 25 min Doug77 30,005
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 29 min Will Dockery 24,120
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 34 min Doug77 2,963
Cosmic Christmas poetry 36 min Will Dockery 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 57 min Crazy Beautiful 152,542
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 5 hr X Crypsis X 336
Strange new fish discovered at record-breaking ... 8 hr Concerned_Citizen 3
More from around the web