Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108655 Feb 4, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Having completely failed in his evo arguments, Charles is delighting in simply baiting you on this issue. Its surprisingly simple. Say something stupid. Keep saying it no matter how many people refute you and no matter how many arguments they present.
While engaged in this pointless activity, at least your opponents are not making arguments for evolution.
That is his tactic, and its working.
Troll.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108656 Feb 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of interesting article here, it say's America owns English by might rather than right, because the volume of American English used in the world. it goes on to say.
Scholars disagree when trying to pinpoint the moment when American English stepped on the head of its British mother claimed supremacy.
It seems there was an argument here I never knew existed, But at any rate the above quote^ blows Charles's Idea ...right out the water..lol RIP Charles... America owns English!
But it's all so much BS we all know nobody can really own a dialect.
http://www.orinhargraves.com/who-owns-english
They owned the language because they are solely called the English. And again, scholars agreed that it was first spoken there.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#108657 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, a nation based on politics, a true nation do not have an international boundaries, they don't fight or clamour for their independence, etc.
Here's an interesting morsel for you, the first true inhabitants of Great Briton were Britons

After the arrival of the Anglo-Saxons the population was either subsumed into Anglo-Saxon culture, becoming "English"; retreated; or persisted in the Celtic fringe areas of Wales, Cornwall and southern Scotland, with some emigrating to Brittany.

So the true people from your country are British. not English...lol You true language isn't English It is Celtic and called Common Brittonic..
The English language was brought by German Anglo Saxon invaders that took over your country. Perhaps that why the Scots who are Celtic give the English a hard time, they are the descendants of the true heirs of England, ugh Great Britain . So Christine maybe to right to say you are robbing the glory of her country. It must be you don't really have a clue about your own country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britons_%28histo...

Level 2

Location hidden

#108658 Feb 4, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You bore us endlessly with this trash because you have not got a single argument against evolution that stacks up. Keep hiding, loser.
I have the evidence, you don't. My stand ever, no creation, no evolution.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#108659 Feb 4, 2014
You what what that means? It means you are wrong about everything Charles lol that's just 2 funny.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#108660 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Trolls.
Technically, by the true internet definition, you are being a troll, and I will explain why.

The term troll was first used in early message boards like Usenet Newsgroups, which were largely unmoderated. It referred to a type of fishing where you would drag nets behind a boat to try and catch as many fish as you could. They were people who would post bizarre or inflammatory or nonsensical things simply to try and get replies: trolling for responses. A troll would do anything to distract a group from discussing the true topic in order to discuss whatever the troll was posting about. If a group spent more time involved in the troll threads then relevant threads, the group had been effectively 'trolled'.

You are a troll because the name of this thread is Evolution vs Creation and yet you insist on debating some ludicrous, nonsensical points about language. Maybe, at some point lost to antiquity, the language discussion had some tangential reference to the Evolution debate, but for at least several months it has not, it has entirely been about language and not Evolution. So, you have trolled us.

I am going to ask you flat out to drop the language discussion as it has nothing to do with Evolution. If you are truly a troll, you will ignore it and continue on with this line of pointless debate.

To everyone else I suggest that, regardless of your position on Evolution vs Creation, we stop indulging this lunacy. It was amusing for the first few months but the fact that it is still going on is staggering (I am including myself in this, I helped it continue). It's just not funny anymore.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108661 Feb 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
She is not only English, she is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy smarter and much better looking than you.
And yet you both lacks the evidence.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108662 Feb 4, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you bore us with six more posts of this trash because you have not got a single argument against evolution that stacks up. Keep hiding, cowardly little Polack. No wonder so many British lives had to be lost to save your sorry little cowardly asses from the Germans.
Troll.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108663 Feb 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
British is the crown, empire and monarchy about everything that really matters to you English is under a British system of government.
Ofcourse. But England(English) is the dominant among all the Brits. Ok?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108664 Feb 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Here's an interesting morsel for you, the first true inhabitants of Great Briton were Britons
After the arrival of the Anglo-Saxons the population was either subsumed into Anglo-Saxon culture, becoming "English"; retreated; or persisted in the Celtic fringe areas of Wales, Cornwall and southern Scotland, with some emigrating to Brittany.
So the true people from your country are British. not English...lol You true language isn't English It is Celtic and called Common Brittonic..
The English language was brought by German Anglo Saxon invaders that took over your country. Perhaps that why the Scots who are Celtic give the English a hard time, they are the descendants of the true heirs of England, ugh Great Britain . So Christine maybe to right to say you are robbing the glory of her country. It must be you don't really have a clue about your own country.
Yes, Britons, but English, Scottish and Welsh goes beyond that, because those are languages and nationalities, unlike the former, that is only nationality.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108665 Feb 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Here's an interesting morsel for you, the first true inhabitants of Great Briton were Britons
Invasion is a common thing then. After all, the real owners of the US, are the red Indians. So, the world we are living is subject to that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108666 Feb 4, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, by the true internet definition, you are being a troll, and I will explain why.
The term troll was first used in early message boards like Usenet Newsgroups, which were largely unmoderated. It referred to a type of fishing where you would drag nets behind a boat to try and catch as many fish as you could. They were people who would post bizarre or inflammatory or nonsensical things simply to try and get replies: trolling for responses. A troll would do anything to distract a group from discussing the true topic in order to discuss whatever the troll was posting about. If a group spent more time involved in the troll threads then relevant threads, the group had been effectively 'trolled'.
You are a troll because the name of this thread is Evolution vs Creation and yet you insist on debating some ludicrous, nonsensical points about language. Maybe, at some point lost to antiquity, the language discussion had some tangential reference to the Evolution debate, but for at least several months it has not, it has entirely been about language and not Evolution. So, you have trolled us.
I am going to ask you flat out to drop the language discussion as it has nothing to do with Evolution. If you are truly a troll, you will ignore it and continue on with this line of pointless debate.
To everyone else I suggest that, regardless of your position on Evolution vs Creation, we stop indulging this lunacy. It was amusing for the first few months but the fact that it is still going on is staggering (I am including myself in this, I helped it continue). It's just not funny anymore.
Halt! You can not stop me from saying the truth. If you don't mind, then ignore.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#108667 Feb 4, 2014
Benny wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Charles Darwin was a racist. There's no prove that all life arose from one common ancestor. I am not surprised that the evolutionist theories are collapsing. Atheist science defend Darwinism like a religion. What a big fraud! One Hoax after another. They are so quick to announce their fake evolution discoveries, but they are not so quick to expose their mistakes and disproven conjectures.
Hoax?? You must be joking. You want a hoax try virgin birth, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, healing by touching, raising from the dead, snake handling and drinking poison, resurrection:

The Christian faith was all but dead by the beginning of the fourth century but then it was reorganized and established by pagan Roman churchmen convening at the Council of Nicaea. This Council was presided over by Constantine, Emperor of Rome. Constantine saw a tool for Rome and decided what would and would not be a part of the "Holy Bible." Have you ever been curious about Rome being the real church and the others being known as protestant? Have you ever wondered why hundreds of billions of dollars worth of treasures and fine art have been collected and accumulated in the Vatican while nearly a billion people, mostly children are starving or suffering from malnutrition? Have you ever wondered why churches own more real property in the world than any other entity except the governments?

P.T. Barnum said, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute." Religion proves beyond a doubt that he knew what he was talking about.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108668 Feb 4, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
Hoax?? You must be joking. You want a hoax try virgin birth, walking on water, turning water into fine wine, healing by touching, raising from the dead, snake handling and drinking poison, resurrection:
The Christian faith was all but dead by the beginning of the fourth century but then it was reorganized and established by pagan Roman churchmen convening at the Council of Nicaea. This Council was presided over by Constantine, Emperor of Rome. Constantine saw a tool for Rome and decided what would and would not be a part of the "Holy Bible." Have you ever been curious about Rome being the real church and the others being known as protestant? Have you ever wondered why hundreds of billions of dollars worth of treasures and fine art have been collected and accumulated in the Vatican while nearly a billion people, mostly children are starving or suffering from malnutrition? Have you ever wondered why churches own more real property in the world than any other entity except the governments?
P.T. Barnum said, "There's A Sucker Born Every Minute." Religion proves beyond a doubt that he knew what he was talking about.
Gibberish. That does not change how the universe came into form, we are all using the term, " faith", whether you like it or not.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#108669 Feb 4, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Having completely failed in his evo arguments, Charles is delighting in simply baiting you on this issue. Its surprisingly simple. Say something stupid. Keep saying it no matter how many people refute you and no matter how many arguments they present.
While engaged in this pointless activity, at least your opponents are not making arguments for evolution.
That is his tactic, and its working.
Ahh but he is not taking into account my personality, people can bait me with as much stupidity as they can muster, itís only themselves who they are showing to be stupid.

As for his tactics working, I think not, there are many other fish in the topix sea other than him, I spend perhaps a faction of one percent of my time on his inanity. If he wants to waste his time thatís fine, me, I think itís quite fun.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108670 Feb 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh but he is not taking into account my personality, people can bait me with as much stupidity as they can muster, itís only themselves who they are showing to be stupid.
As for his tactics working, I think not, there are many other fish in the topix sea other than him, I spend perhaps a faction of one percent of my time on his inanity. If he wants to waste his time thatís fine, me, I think itís quite fun.
You have no evidence. Period.

Level 6

#108671 Feb 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of interesting article here, it say's America owns English by might rather than right, because the volume of American English used in the world. it goes on to say.
Scholars disagree when trying to pinpoint the moment when American English stepped on the head of its British mother claimed supremacy.
It seems there was an argument here I never knew existed, But at any rate the above quote^ blows Charles's Idea ...right out the water..lol RIP Charles... America owns English!
But it's all so much BS we all know nobody can really own a dialect.
http://www.orinhargraves.com/who-owns-english
Iím not sure the majority of Britains would claim language supremacy, although there are some right wingers who still dream for the old days of British Empire. And some holiday morons who think that shouting the English words loud enough to some poor bemused Spaniard or Greek will make them understood. I must admit though that I tend to see more Americans using this inane method of communication than I do English, perhaps thatís just the places I visit appeal more to American tourists.

Although English was used in the British Empire it was French that was the de facto international language prior to the end of WW2 and was used in all diplomatic areas and most international commercial transactions.

The rise of the US on the world scene since WW2 has changed all that,

So yes in terms of speakers per nation and the world diplomatic and economic stage, the US has more right to modern English than the English do.

Level 6

#108672 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are a liar. English originated in England. British is not a language, but a term for unity.
I never said British was a language, you implied that I did therefore it is you who is lying.

British is a nationality.

The English language originate all over the world, it became the English language in England but that is far from your silly idea that it originated here.

Level 6

#108673 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> From your comments, you are not English.
I am British, born in England, the family have been born in England for 6 generations but are originally of Scottish decent, so try telling you stupidity to Somerset house, HMRC, the DVLA and the passport office, I really donít think they would believe you.

What the hell did you expect me to do? Accept your stupid ignorance and agree that all new born babies are born with the ability to speak English naturally and have to learn the language of their native country. Do you really think I am as thick as the great god charlie idiot?

Level 6

#108674 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are a troll. THE English in America and those in England spread the language to the nooks and crannies of the earth. You are not English.
The stupid is strong in you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min Tom2Tone 147,102
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min Sublime1 20,253
Alphabetical ways to die (Jul '11) 16 min A Taubman 10,464
What Could Be Sweet,...? 21 min Judy 123 20
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 23 min CJ Rocker 5,039
**Simply Reds~BallOfThreads*~~~~ the poll! (Nov '10) 45 min Enter Username 43
I Like..... (Mar '14) 46 min buck 313
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr SLY WEST 1,054
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 hr Fred Bear 5,604
•••