Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108670 Feb 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh but he is not taking into account my personality, people can bait me with as much stupidity as they can muster, it’s only themselves who they are showing to be stupid.
As for his tactics working, I think not, there are many other fish in the topix sea other than him, I spend perhaps a faction of one percent of my time on his inanity. If he wants to waste his time that’s fine, me, I think it’s quite fun.
You have no evidence. Period.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#108671 Feb 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of interesting article here, it say's America owns English by might rather than right, because the volume of American English used in the world. it goes on to say.
Scholars disagree when trying to pinpoint the moment when American English stepped on the head of its British mother claimed supremacy.
It seems there was an argument here I never knew existed, But at any rate the above quote^ blows Charles's Idea ...right out the water..lol RIP Charles... America owns English!
But it's all so much BS we all know nobody can really own a dialect.
http://www.orinhargraves.com/who-owns-english
I’m not sure the majority of Britains would claim language supremacy, although there are some right wingers who still dream for the old days of British Empire. And some holiday morons who think that shouting the English words loud enough to some poor bemused Spaniard or Greek will make them understood. I must admit though that I tend to see more Americans using this inane method of communication than I do English, perhaps that’s just the places I visit appeal more to American tourists.

Although English was used in the British Empire it was French that was the de facto international language prior to the end of WW2 and was used in all diplomatic areas and most international commercial transactions.

The rise of the US on the world scene since WW2 has changed all that,

So yes in terms of speakers per nation and the world diplomatic and economic stage, the US has more right to modern English than the English do.

Level 6

#108672 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are a liar. English originated in England. British is not a language, but a term for unity.
I never said British was a language, you implied that I did therefore it is you who is lying.

British is a nationality.

The English language originate all over the world, it became the English language in England but that is far from your silly idea that it originated here.

Level 6

#108673 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> From your comments, you are not English.
I am British, born in England, the family have been born in England for 6 generations but are originally of Scottish decent, so try telling you stupidity to Somerset house, HMRC, the DVLA and the passport office, I really don’t think they would believe you.

What the hell did you expect me to do? Accept your stupid ignorance and agree that all new born babies are born with the ability to speak English naturally and have to learn the language of their native country. Do you really think I am as thick as the great god charlie idiot?

Level 6

#108674 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are a troll. THE English in America and those in England spread the language to the nooks and crannies of the earth. You are not English.
The stupid is strong in you

Level 6

#108675 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Why are the Scots fighting for their freedom, if Britain is a nation?
It’s not ALL the Scots, as to how many are actually aiming to an independent Scotland, well that’s the whole idea of a referendum

Wait and see.

Whatever the outcome it will be a democratic vote of those people effected and will have nothing to do you your stupidity

Level 6

#108676 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English is a language, nation or an ethnic, British is not, but a political term for unity.
The English language is a language. English black pudding is not a language, Red phone boxes are quintessentially English but not a language, Paddington bear and royal crown derby pottery are English but not a language

Please note that the English language did not originate in England but evolved out of various languages

Level 6

#108677 Feb 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
She is not only English, she is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy smarter and much better looking than you.
Thank you, I will remember that always…

Level 6

#108678 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are a troll. English according to scholarly sources, was first spoken in England. not northern Europe. Go home and cry.
Please supply links to those scholarly sources you claim overrule the links I have already given you to scholarly sources?

The English language has evolved and is still evolving.

Level 6

#108679 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, i am right by saying historically. English started in England before spreading to other nations.
No you are wrong, English evolved from various languages and is still evolving as it spreads

Level 6

#108680 Feb 4, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I bet you;re one of those British creationists , that everyone is so upset about over there ruining England with creationism.
I though he was American, but I may be wrong. I simply associated his stupidity with the US creationist garbage.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108681 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Majority of the people in Scotland speaks more of English than the Scottish language. Glasgow is not an exception.
Thought you hadn't.

Level 6

#108682 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, a nation based on politics, a true nation do not have an international boundaries, they don't fight or clamour for their independence, etc.
Ahh so you now agree that Britain is a nation at last. Thank you.

This is of course why, alongside the word “nationality” on my birth certificate, driving licence and passport is the word BRITISH

However for you edification a nation is defined as “a large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular state or territory.”

Note, no mention of politics. And FYI, the UK is a democracy and so political freedom is a given.

Please advise why, besides a British government at Westminster, there is a Scottish government at Holyrood, a Welsh Assembly at Senedd and a Northern Irish Assembly at Stormont.

That don’t really sound a lot like you much hyped political unity to me.

Tell me about the American Revolution? Oh you can’t because it screws up you mouthing garbage and you probably know absolutely nothing about it any way

And still the English language is evolving…

Level 6

#108683 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You have no evidence. Period.
There is considerable and multiple lines of evidence, juts because you choose to stick you head up your a$$ and ignore the evidence does not mean it will go away

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#108684 Feb 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I though he was American, but I may be wrong. I simply associated his stupidity with the US creationist garbage.
Hey!*waving flag*

Level 6

#108685 Feb 4, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!*waving flag*
Please, no upset intended to those Americans who do not believe goddidtbymagic one lazy October afternoon 6004 years ago and that the sun is towed around the earth in a golden fiery chariot ridden by baby jesus

Not all Americans hype the US creationist garbage.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#108686 Feb 4, 2014
If the bible says it then you can betcha ya bottom dollar that its the truth !!!

Level 6

#108687 Feb 4, 2014
Uncle_Fester wrote:
If the bible says it then you can betcha ya bottom dollar that its the truth !!!
I notice you did not spell the word truth with a capital T to distinguish the christian version of truth from the real meaning of the word…

Right so although there is absolutely no evidence of any gods then the abrahamic god is Truth

Despite the fact that DNA totally disproves the adam and eve story then the we should ignore the science and believe in the bronze age babble Truth

Despite the fact that there is no evidence of a world flood.
That the ark described in the babble is impossible to build as described even with todays technology.
That DNA (that old bugbear again) proves the godly genocide to be impossible.
That the ark as described cannot possibly hold 20 million species for over a year.
That feeding 20 million species for over a year requires such considerable space for the food than could possibly be available in the ark

Despite the fact that there is no evidence that jesus lived as described in the babble and there is no evidence that someone of that name was even born to Mary

Despite all that we all should fall over and worship bronze age idiocy?

OK, you convinced me, where do I sign up….

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#108688 Feb 4, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The truth, English originated in England.
No one is disputing that, you jackass. You have claimed England has ownership of the language. The is a distinct difference between origination and ownership. A simple concept that a simpleton like you cannot understand.

You need to sue the ass off whoever taught you English.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#108689 Feb 4, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember right, Chuckles was from South Africa but now living in Iceland or somewhere up there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 17 min whatimeisit 2,501
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 22 min whatimeisit 55,793
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 22 min Vector aka Victor... 30,889
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 24 min eleanorigby 38,515
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 29 min Analog man 8,812
Thanx And Goodbye 45 min Wolftracks 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Good-Evil 155,369
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr UnderstandPeople 28,663
Mr. Incredible Guilty of Assault 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 19
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 hr its me daisy 3,638
More from around the web