Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108616 Feb 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh but Britain is not just a political term
Britain is a nation as recognised by every other political system in the world. It is a name on a map, it is a culture of cultures, Britannia was a country hundreds of years before the Angles invaded.
You may try and diminish that nationality all you want but it makes no difference to the fact that you are a lying and ignorant troll and completely wrong
But you think you are right and the whole world except for the great god charlie idiot is wrong, you think you know, there is a difference between what you think and what everyone knows, it’s called self delusion.
Is British a language, yes or no? as long as it is not it is just a political term, uniting the three nations, England( English), Scotland(scottish), and Wales.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108617 Feb 3, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
I've come to the assumption that Charles is either a drunk, an 11-year-old, or just an idiot (or a combination of the 3) but regardless, he is obviously a troll. I urge everyone to ignore him until he finally stops with the nonsense. It is clear that challenging him to a 'grown-up' discussion is useless.
Troll.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#108618 Feb 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> When are you going to learn, English was never spoken anywhere historically, except England, so, you can see who the stupidity, befits.
Do tell us Charlie, just when history finished. I believe the first American colony from England started around 1506 so history must have been all finished by then according to you.

What an idiot you are.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#108619 Feb 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Learn from my statements, before a Frenchman can understand English, he must learn it, because French are not English. But An Englishman don't need to learn English, before understanding it. Ok?
Say what? You are not ejected from the womb knowing English you dumbo, every one learns their language.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#108620 Feb 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Irony. You are.
Channeling Yoda?

Level 6

#108621 Feb 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Back to lie, British is not a language, but a political term for unity, between england, scotland and wales. These countries speaks their different languages, but since England remains the dominant, all the British nationals speak more of English, than Scottish or Welsh.
Britain is a nation why the fook do you have such problems understanding this basic concept?

Please advise how you could consider that a lie? The entire world apart from you and the odd terminally stupid moron accepts that Britain is a nation.

I have never claimed British as a language, that is your own deliberate ignorance stepping in to make up lies. The liar here is you

Remains? Until quite recently French was the dominant language, it is only the rise of the US on the world political scene that has promoted the English language to its current lofty position

Level 6

#108622 Feb 3, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Scottish speak English? Bub, have you ever even HEARD a Glaswegian?
:-/
Gisa pinta heavy or stitch tha’ jimmy

Level 6

#108623 Feb 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> When are you going to learn, English was never spoken anywhere historically, except England, so, you can see who the stupidity, befits.
When are you going to learn that most old English was spoken in the north of Europe before England was even called England, quite a lot of it was spoken in France and still is and the remaining smatter came for elsewhere.

The stupid is strong in you - You really do need to watch out for idiotic statement like “English was never spoken anywhere historically, except England,…”

What language to Americans or Australians or (most) Canadians speak? Historically speaking of course…

After about 2 years you still seem to be incapable of comprehending this simple premise. I really do not see why you have such a mantel block to your education here

Level 6

#108624 Feb 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Is British a language, yes or no? as long as it is not it is just a political term, uniting the three nations, England( English), Scotland(scottish), and Wales.
As I have said repeatedly, Britain is a nation. Why do you INSIST on trying to make me say it’s a language? If this is the only way you can get your jollies then I feel very sad for you

And why do you insist on trying to diminish my nationality? I have asked you this about 6 times not and each time you have ignored it, why because your are ignorant…

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#108625 Feb 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have said repeatedly, Britain is a nation. Why do you INSIST on trying to make me say it’s a language? If this is the only way you can get your jollies then I feel very sad for you
And why do you insist on trying to diminish my nationality? I have asked you this about 6 times not and each time you have ignored it, why because your are ignorant…
Come on, Christine... how will he ever become the "standard by which all stupid is measured" if he posts something that isn't stupid?

Level 6

#108626 Feb 3, 2014
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Come on, Christine... how will he ever become the "standard by which all stupid is measured" if he posts something that isn't stupid?
It is true that the stupid is strong in him.

St. James, NY

#108627 Feb 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ok, but you also agree to the fact that, they are solely English by nationality and language, British is just for unity, between England(English),scotland( scottish, a language), and Wales(welsh, a language), BRITISH is not a LANGUAGE.
As long as you are not claiming England owns English, I could care less.

What does ANY of this have to do with Evolution?

St. James, NY

#108628 Feb 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But they are solely English, Why?
Don't care, what does this have to do with Evolution?

St. James, NY

#108629 Feb 3, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, why are they solely English?
Still don't care, what does this have to do with Evolution?

St. James, NY

#108630 Feb 3, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, you don't even need to go that far north. I lived in England for a year and I still need a translator for people from Yorkshire.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#108631 Feb 3, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
I've come to the assumption that Charles is either a drunk, an 11-year-old, or just an idiot (or a combination of the 3) but regardless, he is obviously a troll. I urge everyone to ignore him until he finally stops with the nonsense. It is clear that challenging him to a 'grown-up' discussion is useless.

It was probably a bad fever and brain infection that caused a massive dying of brain cells, we should feel sorry for the chap. Maybe send him a card with popups and a set of crayons so he can keep busy.. coloring his English cartoon and such.;)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#108632 Feb 3, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, you don't even need to go that far north. I lived in England for a year and I still need a translator for people from Yorkshire.
Just as bad South as it is North.

Say what one likes about the Queen but at least the rest of the world understands her!

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#108633 Feb 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Having completely failed in his evo arguments, Charles is delighting in simply baiting you on this issue. Its surprisingly simple. Say something stupid. Keep saying it no matter how many people refute you and no matter how many arguments they present.

While engaged in this pointless activity, at least your opponents are not making arguments for evolution.

That is his tactic, and its working.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#108634 Feb 3, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Having completely failed in his evo arguments, Charles is delighting in simply baiting you on this issue. Its surprisingly simple. Say something stupid. Keep saying it no matter how many people refute you and no matter how many arguments they present.
While engaged in this pointless activity, at least your opponents are not making arguments for evolution.
That is his tactic, and its working.
Kind of interesting article here, it say's America owns English by might rather than right, because the volume of American English used in the world. it goes on to say.

Scholars disagree when trying to pinpoint the moment when American English stepped on the head of its British mother claimed supremacy.

It seems there was an argument here I never knew existed, But at any rate the above quote^ blows Charles's Idea ...right out the water..lol RIP Charles... America owns English!
But it's all so much BS we all know nobody can really own a dialect.

http://www.orinhargraves.com/who-owns-english

Level 2

Location hidden

#108635 Feb 3, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Majority of the people in Scotland speaks more of English than the Scottish language. Glasgow is not an exception.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 2 min Poppyann 2,331
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 6 min Poppyann 15,871
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 8 min KellyP in Jersey 35,238
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 12 min Princess Hey 145,472
A six word game (Dec '08) 13 min KellyP in Jersey 19,226
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 14 min ImFree2Choose 44,177
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 16 min ImFree2Choose 59,415
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min THE LONE ARRANGER 192,964
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr Dale Carnegie 7,380
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr keep plugging away 56,893
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 hr KellyP in Jersey 32,418
More from around the web