Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
102,781 - 102,800 of 115,005 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, the people of England are solely called the English, that has always been my stand, and that is the truth. So, who is now the stupid?
It's still you, Chucky... but it is what you shine at, and that will always be amusing... in a pathetic sort of way

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks, i really do understand your positions. I hope the others we see this and accept the truth.
I just laid out an argument on why you are wrong. Rebut or retract.

St. James, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
Discord, do your research on what i just said, and see for yourself. On your response about the language, you are very right. Even if i am gramatically wrong, England can not sue me on/ for my errors.
Then if you don't mean ownership, stop saying ownership.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if you don't mean ownership, stop saying ownership.

Good luck with that. We've been telling him that for 2 years now.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
I just laid out an argument on why you are wrong. Rebut or retract.
Seriously Discord, it's a circular argument. You waste 2 months arguing with him just to end up back on square 1, and then someone else steps in and goes through the whole cycle again...

And again...

And so on.

It's becoming pretty obvious that he's just trolling the same bait, trying to get new bites. We've all bitten, several times. Troll me once...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Discord, it's a circular argument. You waste 2 months arguing with him just to end up back on square 1, and then someone else steps in and goes through the whole cycle again...
And again...
And so on.
It's becoming pretty obvious that he's just trolling the same bait, trying to get new bites. We've all bitten, several times. Troll me once...
He pretty good one trick pony, see look at his teeth. lol

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not really correct. The kingdoms were not formerly known as Uk or Britain, it was after the unity that they became known as that. The people of England were solely known as the English to date, even if they are united under the umbrella of Britain Or British.
Some romans would state picts and britons and more exotic names were used. 449 CE
It took till about 550 CE until the Angels, Saxons and Jute had some real foothold.

Using the name Brits would be going back to a former idea of unity, since that in fact never really happened. But this kind of souvereignity is a source of pride.

The lingo used now was as far as i know invented by BBC radio.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
And again...
And so on.
Just consider it a demonstration of SCIPID.

But as a matter of fact the english have to speak and own english otherwise the creator can not own creation.(yep??)
Occasionally he looses site of the Original argument.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

And britons are actually Celts.
http://mockingbird.creighton.edu/english/faja...

The romans were actually not that interested in keeping taps on properly tracing the population to their origin.

They managed to loose the Picts.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

~885 CE &#9702;West Saxon dialect became literary standard of Old English literature; oral tradition

your dead:
&#9702;Norman invasion;William the Conqueror, Battle of Hastings 1066, end of Anglo-Saxon Period

And became dutch!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Nobody was an Island, all evolved.

English since then has been absorbing vocabulary from a huge number of sources. French, the language of diplomacy for Europe for centuries, Latin, the language of the church, and Greek, the language of philosophy and science, contributed many words, especially the more "educated" ones. Other European languages have left culturally specific words. The American Indian languages, Australian Aborigine languages, and the languages of Africa and India gave us many hundreds of words, especially for the innumerable species of plants and animals of the world. On top of all this, there is the steady creation of new words and new uses for old words by the many subcultures of the English speaking world.

Best get the dictionary on loans and foreign origin words and stringently restrict their use!

http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/evolenglish.h... .

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we agree that there was, at some point in the past, no life on Earth? Regardless of your religious beliefs or scientific knowledge everything points to a point where there was no life on Earth. Then life appeared. Now if you dispute the claim that natural chemical agents combined to eventually create life, fair enough, but something happened. And that something would be some kind of observable and measurable (had someone been there to observe and measure it) process. Do we at least agree on that?
Agreed.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
But while we're here and we've already pointed out why you're wrong here (again), we may as well take care of the rest of your post
<quoted text>
But how can life produce life when there was no life prior to 4 billion years ago?
<quoted text>
And the theory of evolution doesn't have to worry about the origin of life.
<quoted text>
But all life IS is just chemistry. If you have evidence that it is anything MORE than what is scientifically observed to be chemistry then YOU have to demonstrate that. Otherwise if chemistry can create life today (it can) then there's no reason why it couldn't back then. Of course it's always POSSIBLE that abiogenesis required intervention from an alien or magic Jew, but so far there's zero evidence they're necessary, or even exist. Plus since the universe IS finite, eventually you have no choice BUT to accept that - at some point - life came from non-life.
If you have evidence to the contrary, by all means, present it.
By the way, have you figured out yet how to measure the difference in complexity between a paper plane and a space shuttle?
I accept the fact life had a beginning, what I and any reasoning sentient being cannot accept is that dead lifeless matter self assembled into an organized fashion and sprang to life

If you do please, using the scientific method show the observable ,repeatable , and testable experiment that proves it, or you can just keep on squawking.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Bohart thinks there's a skydaddy in charge of creating things.
Aura thinks there's a life giving puddle of goo

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept the fact life had a beginning, what I and any reasoning sentient being cannot accept is that dead lifeless matter self assembled into an organized fashion and sprang to life
If you do please, using the scientific method show the observable ,repeatable , and testable experiment that proves it, or you can just keep on squawking.
Oh hell bohart. there is no God or if there is he is not a loving and caring god. I have figured that out in the last 6 months. It is pointless to pray for they are never answered even when you pray for others not wanting anything for yourself. I have had enough. it's been interesting talking to you all but I am done. Nothing left for me to say anymore.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Oh hell bohart. there is no God or if there is he is not a loving and caring god. I have figured that out in the last 6 months. It is pointless to pray for they are never answered even when you pray for others not wanting anything for yourself. I have had enough. it's been interesting talking to you all but I am done. Nothing left for me to say anymore.
Coward

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Coward
BS!!! I have learned from experience in the last 4 years, especially in the last 6-8 months that if there is a god he doesn't care. Waiting on god to help is nothing but a dead end and you will die before it happens. I have seen so many people suffer and prayed my @ss off to no avail. I would rather burn in hell when I am dead than watch people suffer when I am alive. There is no point to the suffering if your almighty god you claim can step in and change it. I see no point in the craziness of praying to someone that does not answer. Either he is there and does not listen or he just doesn't give a f#cking rats @ss!!! Sub, Chimney, Poly, Dogen, UC, and even the crazy little Dude,,, it has been fun and I have learnt a little from you all. Danfromsmithville I believe I learnt the most from you in that don't let the little shyt on the internet get to you so bad which I did at first but later learned to let it go. Wishing all the best because praying sure does not get any damn results.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>BS!!! I have learned from experience in the last 4 years, especially in the last 6-8 months that if there is a god he doesn't care. Waiting on god to help is nothing but a dead end and you will die before it happens. I have seen so many people suffer and prayed my @ss off to no avail. I would rather burn in hell when I am dead than watch people suffer when I am alive. There is no point to the suffering if your almighty god you claim can step in and change it. I see no point in the craziness of praying to someone that does not answer. Either he is there and does not listen or he just doesn't give a f#cking rats @ss!!! Sub, Chimney, Poly, Dogen, UC, and even the crazy little Dude,,, it has been fun and I have learnt a little from you all. Danfromsmithville I believe I learnt the most from you in that don't let the little shyt on the internet get to you so bad which I did at first but later learned to let it go. Wishing all the best because praying sure does not get any damn results.
I can't argue against how you feel, but I sense there is more to this. I won't press you. When I used 'coward' I meant in the sense of giving up instead of standing your ground and present the best argument you can for your position. I Just think you have things you can contribute to the debate... You know best though

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Have You stopped Beating your Children,...?
Spare the rod, spoil the child. Children needs that some times for corrections. OK? Now answer the question posted to you.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Gibberish.
Grow up, Mr. Gibberish.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OMG! Just look at this! 3 min Petal Power 20
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 5 min an_observer 4,839
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 7 min Spirit67_ 535
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 7 min Petal Power 45,993
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 8 min David Morrison 181
Dialectics Thread 9 min Lawrence Wolf 17
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min ---Word Woman--- 18,440
What's your tip for the day? 10 min Spirit67_ 784
Fergson Police Dept. 1 hr reebie 304
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr CJ Rocker 145,010