Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 219597 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#108545 Jan 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no avoidance involved, England both politically, physically and culturally is a part of Britain

Why do you insist on trying to diminish my nationality and culture?

This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108546 Jan 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no avoidance involved, England both politically, physically and culturally is a part of Britain
Why do you insist on trying to diminish my nationality and culture?
Why are you so dumb headed. In Britain, we have English, which is England, Scottish, which is Scotland and Welsh, for Wales.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#108547 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You the pig because am right. Culturally, England is English, and politically, British.
You would not undertone culture if it sat on your face and farted.

Culturally England is multicultural, you really have absolutely no idea do you?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108548 Jan 31, 2014
Expert, You have a point, but that point is wrong, because, Spanish originated in Spain. Ok?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108549 Jan 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not undertone culture if it sat on your face and farted.
Culturally England is multicultural, you really have absolutely no idea do you?
English is a language that was first spoken in England. By that they are English. Ok?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#108550 Jan 31, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
BS!!! I have learned from experience in the last 4 years, especially in the last 6-8 months that if there is a god he doesn't care. Waiting on god to help is nothing but a dead end and you will die before it happens. I have seen so many people suffer and prayed my @ss off to no avail. I would rather burn in hell when I am dead than watch people suffer when I am alive. There is no point to the suffering if your almighty god you claim can step in and change it. I see no point in the craziness of praying to someone that does not answer. Either he is there and does not listen or he just doesn't give a f#cking rats @ss!!! Sub, Chimney, Poly, Dogen, UC, and even the crazy little Dude,,, it has been fun and I have learnt a little from you all. Danfromsmithville I believe I learnt the most from you in that don't let the little shyt on the internet get to you so bad which I did at first but later learned to let it go. Wishing all the best because praying sure does not get any damn results.
Sorry to hear that you're suffering Replay, just be strong and get through it. Time does heal all.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#108551 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English is a language that was first spoken in England. By that they are English. Ok?
Nope not OK

It really does not matter how hard you stomp your foot

Parts of the English language were first spoken in England

Other parts of it were first spoken in various parts of Europe

Some of the older words were fist spoken in the middle east

And some of the newer words were first spoken in India, China etc.

And of course the country of England is still a multicultural society and has been for at least 2500 years, probably far, far more stretching back to before the last ice age.

The real problem here I that you do not know how to phrase you insults so they are not insults. What you need to do is earn an extra couple of years of education and then, with luck and hard work you can write exactly what you mean to write.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#108552 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Grow up, Mr. Gibberish.
At 65, I doubt I have much growing left to do, Chuckles the Idiot.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108553 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You are ignorant.
And you're a hopeless jackass.

:-P

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108554 Jan 31, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
All English are British, live with it and admit your are a pig ignorant pedantic moron
Stop trying to diminish my nationality with your pig ignorant silly bugger stupidity.
HA! Well said!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#108555 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The Fact remains, i am right.
Then why aren't Brazilians called Portuguese, since that is their official language? Why am I not called English by any other than the Amish?
The fact remains that you are using inductive logic - and even that rather poorly, as you are bending context and linguistics to confuse yourself even further. A dog has four legs and a horse has forelegs, therefore a dog is a hoarse.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#108556 Jan 31, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are a little confused here.
First you go with the assumption that life has an origin. Not sure why you accept this, universal laws in science or other reasons.
Then you suggest an organization of matter (chemical) theory. Uniformity in Nature? You willing to accept that?
Lastly you've stated that it need only happen once. That claim seems to mean that those searching for life outside of our planet are waisting their time.
I am starting with the idea that we are trying to find the best explanation that fits the evidence available. If there was a point when there was no life on Earth and now there is, quite obviously, life on Earth, then it is fairy safe to conclude that something happened to change that state. That something is what scientists are investigating.

As for chemical organization, I wasn't assuming it, I was saying that it is a worthy field of investigation. We know life right now is strongly dependent on chemistry and chemical interactions for pretty much all functions. So studying the possibility that life began through a chemical interaction seems a pretty logical fiend of study.

As for me saying it only needed to happen once, that was poorly worded on my part, for which I apologize. What I was trying to say was that if life did indeed begin by a chemical process, even though that specific process might be incredibly rare or unlikely, it only needed to happen once to start the chain of life on Earth. I certainly wasn't trying to imply that life is unique to Earth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#108557 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English is a language that was first spoken in England. By that they are English. Ok?

Previously refuted.

Are you going for the world record in stupid?

St. James, NY

#108558 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you don't know, " all British are not English ". This is a fact.
Seeing as we have agreed that origination does not equal ownership by any definition of the word ownership I think it is safe to let the matter drop completely. This thread is too convoluted as it is.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#108559 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you so dumb headed. In Britain, we have English, which is England, Scottish, which is Scotland and Welsh, for Wales.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You crack me up. You have a real shot at that record.

St. James, NY

#108560 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don't applaud your self yet, D. Because England are solely called the English. So, i am still right on that stand.
Which has nothing to do with anything. England doesn't own English in any meaningful sense of the word own. You admitted as such. So we can safely let it drop.

Sao Paulo

#108561 Jan 31, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Which has nothing to do with anything. England doesn't own English in any meaningful sense of the word own. You admitted as such. So we can safely let it drop.
Off topic, and @Discord,

I see you're from St. James, Long Island (according to your Location). I used to sail into Stony Brook on my Hobie-cat all the time (when I was a kid - I'm from Mystic, across the sound). Beautiful town, miss those days dearly. Small world!

St. James, NY

#108562 Jan 31, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Off topic, and @Discord,
I see you're from St. James, Long Island (according to your Location). I used to sail into Stony Brook on my Hobie-cat all the time (when I was a kid - I'm from Mystic, across the sound). Beautiful town, miss those days dearly. Small world!
Cool, I know Stony Brook quite well, I used to go to the science fiction convention they held there every year at the university.

Sao Paulo

#108563 Jan 31, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, I know Stony Brook quite well, I used to go to the science fiction convention they held there every year at the university.
Very nice place, the Long Island Sound was my old stomping ground growing up!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#108564 Jan 31, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
BS!!! I have learned from experience in the last 4 years, especially in the last 6-8 months that if there is a god he doesn't care. Waiting on god to help is nothing but a dead end and you will die before it happens. I have seen so many people suffer and prayed my @ss off to no avail. I would rather burn in hell when I am dead than watch people suffer when I am alive. There is no point to the suffering if your almighty god you claim can step in and change it. I see no point in the craziness of praying to someone that does not answer. Either he is there and does not listen or he just doesn't give a f#cking rats @ss!!! Sub, Chimney, Poly, Dogen, UC, and even the crazy little Dude,,, it has been fun and I have learnt a little from you all. Danfromsmithville I believe I learnt the most from you in that don't let the little shyt on the internet get to you so bad which I did at first but later learned to let it go. Wishing all the best because praying sure does not get any damn results.
dude, are you, like, dying?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 3 min swampmudd 1,265
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Europe 71,199
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 14 min Taanvi 83,580
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min -Papa-Smurf- 23,096
Why Won't Men Admit They Wear Pantyhose? (Feb '10) 19 min james52 329
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 23 min Mustang GT Girl 37,693
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 27 min Mustang GT Girl 10,944
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 46 min honeymylove 211,397
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 53 min honeymylove 3,222
A to Z songs by title or group! 1 hr wichita-rick 969
Back In The Day ... for the third time! 9 hr wichita-rick 241
More from around the web