Evolution vs. Creation

Jan 6, 2011 Read more: Best of New Orleans 160,053
High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108483 Jan 30, 2014
bohart wrote:
Here you are completely misleading, there is no known process whereby inanimate chemistry
But while we're here and we've already pointed out why you're wrong here (again), we may as well take care of the rest of your post
bohart wrote:
produces life, reproduction is a characteristic of already existing life!
But how can life produce life when there was no life prior to 4 billion years ago?
bohart wrote:
It has , as I said, nothing to do with life's origin.
And the theory of evolution doesn't have to worry about the origin of life.
bohart wrote:
Next
Already existing life is what's shown to produce life, you want to give the chemicals credit for what an already existing life does, Remember ! we are discussing how the first life arose! For your statement to be true,..." chemistry does in fact produce life" then you need to demonstrate an observable, testable , and repeatable experiment to demonstrate that inanimate chemical processes can create life. That is the scientific process, otherwise it's just a belief or guess.
But all life IS is just chemistry. If you have evidence that it is anything MORE than what is scientifically observed to be chemistry then YOU have to demonstrate that. Otherwise if chemistry can create life today (it can) then there's no reason why it couldn't back then. Of course it's always POSSIBLE that abiogenesis required intervention from an alien or magic Jew, but so far there's zero evidence they're necessary, or even exist. Plus since the universe IS finite, eventually you have no choice BUT to accept that - at some point - life came from non-life.

If you have evidence to the contrary, by all means, present it.

By the way, have you figured out yet how to measure the difference in complexity between a paper plane and a space shuttle?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#108484 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But the rules and regulations that were spelt out by the Us are followed by all nations, so, by that, they are still in control of the games globally.
Nickers

Try telling a guy from North Vietnam to follow the rules as laid down by the US, after they had stopped laughing the chances are they would simply shoot you.

For that matter try telling someone from the UK or Mexico or Canada.

You seem to have a very distorted opinion of the influence your country has on the rest of the world.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#108485 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> British or Britain is a term for unity. It comprises of, England or English, Scotland or Scottish and Wales or Welsh. Ok?
Yes so that means that the people of England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales are British OK

The British (note that title) government* seems to think so, the British people seem to think so, all other governments who recognise Britain as a sovereign state (note that all other governments) seem to think so

Therefore I guess you, not being a British citizen or a member of any government are in a minority of one.

* also note that an English government does not exist

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#108486 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You both are wrong. The problem with you guys are just sentiments. What i said, is true. Go on with your thanks. But you can never bend the truth.
Troll.

Sao Paulo

#108487 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But the rules and regulations that were spelt out by the Us are followed by all nations, so, by that, they are still in control of the games globally.
Troll.

Sao Paulo

#108488 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> British or Britain is a term for unity. It comprises of, England or English, Scotland or Scottish and Wales or Welsh. Ok?
Troll.

Sao Paulo

#108489 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not really correct. The kingdoms were not formerly known as Uk or Britain, it was after the unity that they became known as that. The people of England were solely known as the English to date, even if they are united under the umbrella of Britain Or British.
Troll.

Sao Paulo

#108490 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
Discord, do your research on what i just said, and see for yourself. On your response about the language, you are very right. Even if i am gramatically wrong, England can not sue me on/ for my errors.
Troll.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#108491 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You both are wrong. The problem with you guys are just sentiments. What i said, is true. Go on with your thanks. But you can never bend the truth.
<Sigh>...Our Chuckie....so gloriously unencumbered by intelligence.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#108492 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No, you are the IDIOT. Why? Because i stand for the truth. The people universally, are solely called the English. I have not given up on your trash called Evolution. Liar.
Your idiocy is to continue making an irrelevant argument about an irrelevant subject.

Unless you can actually state how ownership of the English language matters to this debate, you are just wasting people's time.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#108493 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, the people of England are solely called the English, that has always been my stand, and that is the truth. So, who is now the stupid?
It's still you, Chucky... but it is what you shine at, and that will always be amusing... in a pathetic sort of way

St. James, NY

#108494 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks, i really do understand your positions. I hope the others we see this and accept the truth.
I just laid out an argument on why you are wrong. Rebut or retract.

St. James, NY

#108495 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
Discord, do your research on what i just said, and see for yourself. On your response about the language, you are very right. Even if i am gramatically wrong, England can not sue me on/ for my errors.
Then if you don't mean ownership, stop saying ownership.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#108496 Jan 30, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if you don't mean ownership, stop saying ownership.

Good luck with that. We've been telling him that for 2 years now.

Sao Paulo

#108497 Jan 30, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
I just laid out an argument on why you are wrong. Rebut or retract.
Seriously Discord, it's a circular argument. You waste 2 months arguing with him just to end up back on square 1, and then someone else steps in and goes through the whole cycle again...

And again...

And so on.

It's becoming pretty obvious that he's just trolling the same bait, trying to get new bites. We've all bitten, several times. Troll me once...

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#108498 Jan 30, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Discord, it's a circular argument. You waste 2 months arguing with him just to end up back on square 1, and then someone else steps in and goes through the whole cycle again...
And again...
And so on.
It's becoming pretty obvious that he's just trolling the same bait, trying to get new bites. We've all bitten, several times. Troll me once...
He pretty good one trick pony, see look at his teeth. lol

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#108499 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Not really correct. The kingdoms were not formerly known as Uk or Britain, it was after the unity that they became known as that. The people of England were solely known as the English to date, even if they are united under the umbrella of Britain Or British.
Some romans would state picts and britons and more exotic names were used. 449 CE
It took till about 550 CE until the Angels, Saxons and Jute had some real foothold.

Using the name Brits would be going back to a former idea of unity, since that in fact never really happened. But this kind of souvereignity is a source of pride.

The lingo used now was as far as i know invented by BBC radio.

Level 5

Location hidden

#108500 Jan 30, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
And again...
And so on.
Just consider it a demonstration of SCIPID.

But as a matter of fact the english have to speak and own english otherwise the creator can not own creation.(yep??)
Occasionally he looses site of the Original argument.

Level 5

Location hidden

#108501 Jan 30, 2014
And britons are actually Celts.
http://mockingbird.creighton.edu/english/faja...

The romans were actually not that interested in keeping taps on properly tracing the population to their origin.

They managed to loose the Picts.

Level 5

Location hidden

#108502 Jan 30, 2014
~885 CE &#9702;West Saxon dialect became literary standard of Old English literature; oral tradition

your dead:
&#9702;Norman invasion;William the Conqueror, Battle of Hastings 1066, end of Anglo-Saxon Period

And became dutch!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 13 min Harold 3,103
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 14 min CJ Rocker 18,586
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 17 min CJ Rocker 7,934
Word Association (Jun '10) 19 min beatlesinafog 27,275
Say Something Nice. (Oct '09) 19 min CJ Rocker 2,707
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 22 min CJ Rocker 1,419
Word association (Jun '07) 22 min beatlesinafog 2,791
motorcycle traveling stories 23 min NinaRocks 489
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Glory Be 161,097
News Watch the bizarre moment when Scott Disick SHAV... 1 hr Old Sam 7
News NC man's obituary urges readers to reject Hilla... 2 hr Christian Taliban 15
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Mega Monster 40,173
More from around the web