Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221398 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108460 Jan 30, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is interested in giving any details on it. It is your silly ideas and no one is going to do your homework for you. You might as well just admit that you don't have squat and shut up about it.
Another foolish and stupid response.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108461 Jan 30, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, an End-It post.
Charles, this is collectively all of our opinions combined, in a well-put answer to your babble. Not a response; an answer. Period. If you continue to raise this asinine issue, it will be clear that are only trolling and you no longer have the credibility to post on this topic. Please, let the language thing go.
Thank you Kong.
You both are wrong. The problem with you guys are just sentiments. What i said, is true. Go on with your thanks. But you can never bend the truth.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108462 Jan 30, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason you keep having to ask is because it's an incredibly dumb question that nobody cares enough about to answer.
Not to >overtly< infer that you are denser than iridium, maybe it's because they are citizens of a country named ENGLand? It wouldn't make much sense to call them the Liechtensteinish, now would it?
The Fact remains, i am right.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108463 Jan 30, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
So if someone in Romania wants to play jazz or basketball, do they need to obtain permission and pay royalties to the US? If the same person in Romania wants to speak English do they need to obtain permission and pay royalties to England?
But the rules and regulations that were spelt out by the Us are followed by all nations, so, by that, they are still in control of the games globally.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108464 Jan 30, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
And British.
British or Britain is a term for unity. It comprises of, England or English, Scotland or Scottish and Wales or Welsh. Ok?

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#108466 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> But the rules and regulations that were spelt out by the Us are followed by all nations, so, by that, they are still in control of the games globally.
Actually there are fairly significant differences between basketball played in Europe vs the US. I have heard jazz, country and rap music sung in different languages in a variety of styles, despite them being distinctively American styles of music originally.

You keep using the term ownership. Ownership entails rights and duties over the thing being owned, be it an object, property/land, or intellectual property. I own my car. If someone steals it I have rights afforded to me by law. If I write a song or computer program or other kind of intellectual property, I can dictate how other people consume or use that property. If England owns English, what rights and duties does England have in relation to the English language? I am from NY and I can assure you that we have properly butchered the language and there is absolutely nothing England can do about it.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#108467 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> British or Britain is a term for unity. It comprises of, England or English, Scotland or Scottish and Wales or Welsh. Ok?
You said the English people are solely English. Someone can be English and British.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108468 Jan 30, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there are fairly significant differences between basketball played in Europe vs the US. I have heard jazz, country and rap music sung in different languages in a variety of styles, despite them being distinctively American styles of music originally.
You keep using the term ownership. Ownership entails rights and duties over the thing being owned, be it an object, property/land, or intellectual property. I own my car. If someone steals it I have rights afforded to me by law. If I write a song or computer program or other kind of intellectual property, I can dictate how other people consume or use that property. If England owns English, what rights and duties does England have in relation to the English language? I am from NY and I can assure you that we have properly butchered the language and there is absolutely nothing England can do about it.
Thanks, i really do understand your positions. I hope the others we see this and accept the truth.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108469 Jan 30, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the English people are solely English. Someone can be English and British.
Not really correct. The kingdoms were not formerly known as Uk or Britain, it was after the unity that they became known as that. The people of England were solely known as the English to date, even if they are united under the umbrella of Britain Or British.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108470 Jan 30, 2014
Discord, do your research on what i just said, and see for yourself. On your response about the language, you are very right. Even if i am gramatically wrong, England can not sue me on/ for my errors.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108471 Jan 30, 2014
Typos, I meant, " grammatically ".

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#108472 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Can anything evolve on its/ his/ her own without a cause or maker?

Have You stopped Beating your Children,...?

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#108473 Jan 30, 2014
a debate at St. Francis College in Brooklyn, at which three men engaged in a lively, literate, and deeply-informed exchange. After they finished and the moderator opened the floor for questions, the usual thing happened. The questioners by and large had no questions. Instead they offered up prolix piles of words that led nowhere in particular. Some sought to show off what they mistook as their own superior knowledge. Others scolded. A few got lost in their own labyrinths. The closest we came to a question was the j’accuse rhetorical jab more or less in the form,“Don’t you agree that you are an ignorant buffoon?”

Yes it's a Copy & Paste so don't get your Panties in a wad,...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#108474 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is why your idiotic nature will never cease. Go on.
Gibberish.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108475 Jan 30, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you are completely misleading, there is no known process whereby inanimate chemistry
Sorry Bo, but this is where you went wrong. It's not that he's misleading (he isn't), it's just that you're plain and utter wrong.

How many times do you need to be told that chemistry is NOT inanimate?

You can't argue against science when you don't even know what the words mean.

By the way, how is complexity measured? How can you base a conclusion on a premise when you don't even know what it is?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108476 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Garbage! Now, since you don't have any evidence but mere speculations in disputing the existence of God, you are only lying or guessing. Period.
I dont' have evidence because I didn't make a positive claim. You don't have evidence either, even though you ARE making the positive claim. Therefore YOU have the problem, not me.

I know you didn't even understand what I just said, but it's here for posterity anyway.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#108477 Jan 30, 2014
Discord wrote:
<quoted text>
And British.
This has been going on for several months and it seems that Chuckles is not one for the book earning because it imbalances the lumps he has from being hit across the head with a babble just a few too many times.

He has been shown copious amounts of evidence, which he steadfastly ignores.

This British is English stance is quite new though. Despite the fact that the British government is known not as the English government but the British government.

But hey, the great god Charles has spoken and the great god Charles is not one to change his mind.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108478 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Another foolish and stupid response.

As if you have even the slightest idea of what was bring discussed.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#108479 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The Fact remains, i am right.
Nope.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#108480 Jan 30, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And again, the people of England are solely called the English, that has always been my stand, and that is the truth. So, who is now the stupid?
Jeezoos fooking christ on a crutch Chaz – WTF is wrong with you?

Tell me are you British?

Well I am and I live here in England and I am not ‘solely’ English, I am British as it says on my officially transcribe by the British government birth certificate, NI, driving licence and passport

So stop trying to diminish my nationality with your pig ignorant silly bugger stupidity.

You are making enemies of British people simply because you have a frigging moronic idea based on ignorance, it’s pathetic and does nothing other than highlight your stupidity

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Is Your DREAM JOB? 2 min Suezanne 57
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Goku---Black 215,496
News Humans in America 100,000 years earlier than pr... 3 min Lawrence Wolf 15
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 min Crystal_Clear722 74,383
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 6 min Suezanne 20
News strange adware that isn't being detected1 14 min Suezanne 2
News Woman spends $35,000 to care for a sick dog upd... 16 min Suezanne 5
A to Z songs by title or group! 1 hr T Bone 1,594
News Chicago artist creates a mural of Michelle Obam... 3 hr andet1987 39
More from around the web