Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108292 Jan 24, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is your position, open or closed?
Oh, the ENTIRE Kama Sutra! Perhaps you should consider learning more positions?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108293 Jan 24, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this 'we' you keep talking about?
Bottom line is you are a coward and afraid to take a position.
Actually although Repro usually talks bollox, in this case he was talking some sense. So he was correct that when he said "we", he most certainly meant you too.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108294 Jan 24, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Now with that in thought that does not mean life just came to be. What it means is that man is trying to re-creates life from organic compounds. Man re-creating life still does not answer if a creator was needed for first life or not for if not for man re-creating it, it would not happen..
Actually in the case of abio research it's not man creating life. It's man re-creating the right environment so that life can develop itself. Much like planting trees, we can put one in a plant pot. But that's not necessary for trees to reproduce themselves via natural causes.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108295 Jan 24, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Another coward...
Leave the irony meters alone, rookie.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108296 Jan 24, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how anyone can deny that
Oh hey Bo. How is complexity measured? How do I quantify the difference between a paper aeroplane and a space shuttle?

You said you were gonna be slow but I didn't realise you were gonna be THIS slow.***

***Okay I'm kidding, I did know. Just call me a prophet.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108297 Jan 24, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how they did , and what evidence you have?
Do you have any evidence of any other forces which ultimately do not boil down to these four main fundamental ones?

By the way, you still never explained how you were able to derive your conclusion from 'evidence' of complexity when you don't even know how to measure the stuff. Why is that?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108298 Jan 24, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Now here is the greatest lie of the evo puddle people, and no one calls them on it." We are becoming v-e-r-y close to knowing how life came about" That's a lie, they are no closer than they have been since the dawn of time. Think! for the love of God think! What did you say? hey we've found water and other compounds! That is not evidence that life self assembled and then made that galactic leap to life. Aren't you supposed to have evidence for that? or is yours merely a belief
Hey Bo, why are you, a known and confirmed massive hypocrite and liar for Jesus accusing other people of lying?

How is complexity measured?

How do I measure the difference in complexity of the paper plane and the space shuttle?

How can you base your conclusion on a premise you do not even know how to articulate?

Keep dodging, Bo.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#108299 Jan 24, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In addition, all world languages have roots from many other world languages, English is not an exception. For the issue of ownership, it is your opinion. My stand is my stand, " ownership by origination ".
Your "stand" is yours alone. I challenge you to find ANYONE who shares your illogical opinion.

Ownership implies rights to the Owner. England enjoys NO such rights for the English language.

Prove me wrong.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108300 Jan 24, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
First , you accuse me of lying, then you admit! science has not answered the question I raised! You are an imbecile incapable of rational thought.
This coming from a known hypocritical liar who has been avoiding my questions for YEARS, not even counting just the past couple of weeks.(shrug)
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie # 2 life arose ,naturally , what sci fi book have you gotten that evidence from.! I wondered what pit of illogic reasoning you had plunged into recently.
1 - Life arises every day all over the planet via natural chemical means.

2 - The earliest life forms are protocells made entirely of chemical elements. At this point once evolution takes over eventually producing prokaryotes then eukaryotes.

3 - natural chemical abiogenesis predicts that this is what would be observed post abio event, and not magically-poofed fully formed mammals and plants as the design claims.

4 - There is evidence of chemical changes in the atmosphere during this time recorded in the rocks.

5 - Organic chemistry has been observed and demonstrated to develop naturally, as well as being found in things such as meteorites, showing that the universe's conducivity for life is not necessarily confined to Earth.

6 - There's a complete lack of evidence that magic Jews exist, much less are necessary for, well, anything at all.

How is complexity measured, Bo?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108301 Jan 24, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is a God. The universe is a testimony to that. It did not come by chance or accident, it was intelligently made( created).
No, evidence of the universe is only evidence of the universe. It is NOT evidence of the universe AND magic Jews.

It may have been caused naturally. Or it may have had an intelligent cause.

Or it might not have had a cause at all.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108302 Jan 24, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, thanks Charles, I was wondering where Portuguese came from...:|
But the question still remains - why, on a topic called, and I quote - "Evolution vs. Creation", do you continue with your incessant, irrelevant argument about the origins and ownership of the English Language? What the flock does that have to do with the topic at hand?
Nothing at all. If Chuck turns up I just say Siberians own English then sit back and laugh at him for the next 20 pages. Works every time.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#108305 Jan 24, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from a known hypocritical liar who has been avoiding my questions for YEARS, not even counting just the past couple of weeks.(shrug)
<quoted text>
1 - Life arises every day all over the planet via natural chemical means.
2 - The earliest life forms are protocells made entirely of chemical elements. At this point once evolution takes over eventually producing prokaryotes then eukaryotes.
3 - natural chemical abiogenesis predicts that this is what would be observed post abio event, and not magically-poofed fully formed mammals and plants as the design claims.
4 - There is evidence of chemical changes in the atmosphere during this time recorded in the rocks.
5 - Organic chemistry has been observed and demonstrated to develop naturally, as well as being found in things such as meteorites, showing that the universe's conducivity for life is not necessarily confined to Earth.
6 - There's a complete lack of evidence that magic Jews exist, much less are necessary for, well, anything at all.
How is complexity measured, Bo?
1, Why ,... fool do you continue to bring up reproduction in a life's origin debate?
2. That is certainly not confirmed and where did they come from , no answer
3. There is no proof of natural chemical abiogenesis, only your belief
4. So, atmosphere does not create life.
5. chemistry has not been shown to create life, to say otherwise is a lie
6. Then Jew magic and your beliefs have the same amount of evidence,

Level 2

Location hidden

#108306 Jan 24, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many individual steps to fit into Topix word limitations, but essentially:
Gravity: Formation of the solar system (Sun which provides the power and the earth)
Strong/Weak nuclear forces:
Chemistry (buildup of compounds that led to the formation of life).
Hmm? you seem to have left out a quadrillion details. Let's see, undirected natural forces somehow led to compounds which somehow led to the spontaneous generation of life! A process for which there is no known mechanism , method , or even credible hypothesis. It is strictly a belief. When it comes to the beginning of life and the universe even Hawking said that the creationist and scientist both have only beliefs since there's no evidence. The only evidence you'll come across is from the lying puddle idiots on this thread

Level 2

Location hidden

#108307 Jan 24, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hey Bo. How is complexity measured? How do I quantify the difference between a paper aeroplane and a space shuttle?
You said you were gonna be slow but I didn't realise you were gonna be THIS slow.***
***Okay I'm kidding, I did know. Just call me a prophet.
Hey Dumb Dud, like in the movie, if an obelisk was discovered on the moon, would that be proof of complexity or just caused by random forces, take your time

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#108308 Jan 24, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The evidence for an intelligent designer is in all of our material world and universe. Intelligence in nature is different from what we might think of as being smart or clever in many living things on earth. Nature follows patterns which are set within systems and living things have understanding and rationality and abilities to judge and adjust rhythms within their makeup. All systems work by cycling and following patterns and this arrangement had to have been set up by an intelligent cause with creativity showing acute judgement and rationality.
pg 5135

MAAT wrote:

I keep forgetting what the akronym stands for.
Infrastructure for Preservation - with focus on Earth Science (SCIPID-es)3 is an .... Self-configuration means have a complete knowledge of preserved formats

Free Servant wrote:
SCPID stands for Systems Cycles and Patterns Intelligent Design .

Self-Configuration as in complete knowledge of preserved fromats is in us bag of genes.
We ditched some stuff on the way.
Infra-structure for Preservation: very good at duplication and dislodging errors and speed-up to deal with attacks.
es-Earth Sciences; evidently
ID thus build in and called 'nature'.

Sofar i see no rationale or 'will ' purposely egging it on. This is what iD would have to show without a shadow of a doubt.

Cycling and following patterns is the way of bio-chemistry and physics.

Though i would like to see the 'cycling' explained better.
Concurrent evolution?

Level 5

Location hidden

#108309 Jan 24, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm? you seem to have left out a quadrillion details. Let's see, undirected natural forces somehow led to compounds which somehow led to the spontaneous generation of life! A process for which there is no known mechanism , method , or even credible hypothesis. It is strictly a belief. When it comes to the beginning of life and the universe even Hawking said that the creationist and scientist both have only beliefs since there's no evidence. The only evidence you'll come across is from the lying puddle idiots on this thread
That's just honesty.

Dishonesty is to call all lack of evidence god/a designer/ rationale/will etc.

Bo is thus a god of the gap adherent.

Level 5

Location hidden

#108310 Jan 24, 2014
I nver heard him call creationist lying puddle idiots.
So not all that objective.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#108311 Jan 24, 2014
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
pg 5135
MAAT wrote:
I keep forgetting what the akronym stands for.
Infrastructure for Preservation - with focus on Earth Science (SCIPID-es)3 is an .... Self-configuration means have a complete knowledge of preserved formats
Free Servant wrote:
SCPID stands for Systems Cycles and Patterns Intelligent Design .
Self-Configuration as in complete knowledge of preserved fromats is in us bag of genes.
We ditched some stuff on the way.
Infra-structure for Preservation: very good at duplication and dislodging errors and speed-up to deal with attacks.
es-Earth Sciences; evidently
ID thus build in and called 'nature'.
Sofar i see no rationale or 'will ' purposely egging it on. This is what iD would have to show without a shadow of a doubt.
Cycling and following patterns is the way of bio-chemistry and physics.
Though i would like to see the 'cycling' explained better.
Concurrent evolution?
Cycling is the way nature produces. Repetition produces things and systems are patterned with structural components which are driven be a clock-like rhythm which is built in and self sustained and adjusted to local environments. The intelligent approach to problems is managed through repeating cycles.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#108312 Jan 24, 2014
SCPID Theory asserts that the universe and our living earth is made up of systems and sub-systems which work to produce purposeful results through patterned cycles.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#108313 Jan 24, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
The arguments continues. But the truth always prevails. Evolution is a sham and English started in England.
Unbelievable. You're still on about this 2 years later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Turns You Off? 11 min Camilla 559
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min CJ Rocker 218,792
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 26 min BLouise 6,608
2words into 2new words (May '12) 27 min BLouise 8,204
News The average holidaymaker's suitcase contains it... 38 min Guest 3
News On the move: Large Idaho sequoia tree finds new... 38 min Guest 4
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 39 min CJ Rocker 2,259
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Ohio Sam aka SNAF... 76,039
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 3 hr Bad Bex 6,297
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 5 hr SGHarleyhoney 22,892