Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222920 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#108153 Jan 22, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Catfish. Hey Christine.
Hi Dan, meow

Level 6

#108155 Jan 22, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
Hey, anyone heard the great news?
http://www.geekosystem.com/stardust-contains-...
Water Found in Stardust Points to Life Elsewhere in the Universe
Or maybe it doesn't—science is such a tease.
By Carolyn Cox
Scientists finally have proof that stardust contains water and the consequent ability to sow seeds of life throughout the heavens. If you’re surprised stardust is a real thing outside of fairy tales, let alone the reason we all exist, you’re not alone.
As fantastical as it may sound, scientists have long thought that the silicates inside stardust were capable of reacting with wind from stars to create water.(In related news, raindrops on roses are being examined as a possible cure for cancer and whiskers on kittens are the alternative fuel source we’ve been waiting for.)
Way to funny...lol.....
Yup read the original report last night but I don’t remember anything about stupidity and whiskers on kittens being involved.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24907-w...

Level 6

#108156 Jan 22, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Babbling! Do some research on the English Americans.
So you cannot answer the question, fair enought

Level 6

#108157 Jan 22, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Find out about the English Americans.
Or the other questions either

As expected…

Level 6

#108158 Jan 22, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The English or the people of England introduced English to north America, true or false'?
What has that got to do with how English developed???

However methinks an ancestor of mine had something to do with it and I know for sure she did not take a dictionary with her…

Level 6

#108159 Jan 22, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, who is n6w the stupid?
Oh an easy one, that would be you…

“n6w”

Level 6

#108160 Jan 22, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And lastly, your response does not correspond to my statement. I did' nt said that.
Yes you did…

I quote
“And again, in summary, all those nations mentioned by you can speak English because of England.”

So using exactly the same logic (I know, I know, logic us way beyond you) my cat is a fish because she likes tuna

Level 6

#108161 Jan 22, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, looking at that sentence...
My sentiments exactly

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108162 Jan 22, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you cannot answer the question, fair en ought
I am telling it right to your face that, English are also Americans.

Level 6

#108163 Jan 22, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You mean your delusion. You can not rule out the possibility of God. Evolution is zero without creation.
Yes I can rule out the possibility of goddididt by magic for several very good reasons

Here are a couple

1 - magic does not exist

2 – god(s)(whichever one of the 3700+ revered through history gods you choose) do not exist

However if you have a different opinion and can prove that either/or magic/god(s) exist then please be good enough to provide just the slightest inkling of evidence. Really we are getting quite desperate after a wait of several thousand years without any (ANY) evidence so anything falsifiable and factual will do.

Yes evolution exists, can be shown to exist, it is proven to exist in several independent ways so using your logic there was zero creation – right?

I really don’t think you have thought you statement through properly

Here are some proofs that show evolution occurs

http://www.evolutionfaq.com/articles/five-pro...
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/sear...

See also
Langkawi bent-toed gecko (Cyrtodactylus macrotuberculatus)
Pygmy three-toed sloth (Bradypus pygmaeus)

However I have shown you these before and you have, in your deliberate ignorance, chosen to deliberately ignore the evidence.

As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you cannon make him drink.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108164 Jan 22, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
However methinks an ancestor of mine had something to do with it and I know for sure she did not take a dictionary with her…
Don' t run answer the question. And again, why are the people of England called the Engllish alone?

Level 6

#108165 Jan 22, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don' t run answer the question. And again, why are the people of England called the Engllish alone?
Say what? Don’t what? Honey if you present a post that demands a question then don’t be so blithering ignorant in your replies

The people of England are called British (that’s BRITISH) because they were born in Britain, have British parents or hold valid nationality documentation.

Note official documentation does prejudice English against other British subjects and if it’s good enough for the government of the country you are defaming then it’s good enough for me and it should be good enough for weak minded trolls like you.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#108166 Jan 22, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am telling it right to your face that, English are also Americans.
Erm, no.

There was a whole war over that.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#108167 Jan 22, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you this, you are a master of spin, you should work for the Obama administration. Oh it's not created it's caused .The laws of physics have in no way been shown to create coded information. But that is a predictable response , because according to you life and the entire universe are the product of physics and chemicals which also somehow evolved. You compare hydrogen and oxygen to the millions of bits of information in a DNA code? That's incredible, and you know better than that.
Information increases every second.

Always has. Will continue to do so untill the heat death of the universe.

Nothing you can do about it though creatardism might be labelled a valiant attempt at reversing time's arrow.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#108168 Jan 22, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The inanity continues and I blame you. Hehehe

Level 3

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#108169 Jan 22, 2014
"Evolution Vs. Creation". That seems like a false dichotomy. Could not an all-powerful God create the laws of physics so that evolution constantly improves species to adapt to their surroundings?

I think that the title of this thread should be "Evolution Vs. Biblical Literalism", seeing that there are many Christians who believe in a form of theistic evolution.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#108170 Jan 22, 2014
scambuster wrote:
"Evolution Vs. Creation". That seems like a false dichotomy. Could not an all-powerful God create the laws of physics so that evolution constantly improves species to adapt to their surroundings?
I think that the title of this thread should be "Evolution Vs. Biblical Literalism", seeing that there are many Christians who believe in a form of theistic evolution.
As an agnostic, I have no problem with Theists who accept the Theory of Evolution (and the other sciences), and believe that God (or their favorite Deity) used the forces of nature to His/Her/It's will.

....but that's not what we find here.

Virtually EVERY person on these threads arguing against the Theory of Evolution has either their narrow, literal version of Christian creation ("Genesis") to use as a substitute, or those who espouse "Intelligent <snicker> Design" have merely the non-substantive "sciency-sounding" window dressing that the Disco 'tute pumps out on a regular basis.

NEITHER of which is science.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#108171 Jan 22, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so illogical you have to be a woman
Hear, hear, it does not come more illogical! You really started scraping the bottom of the barrel where crea arguments are concerned.

I conclude you do not have the average intelligence to have an actual scientific discussion, be it with males or females.

So to convince only yourself that you still have intelligent balls, you do not grab in your pants, and consider the puzzling notion of how to get the brain directly connected so some sound arguements come out, you instead look for the pieces of that puzzle in the babble.

Level 5

Location hidden

#108172 Jan 22, 2014
scambuster wrote:
The biblical literalism considered is the kind based upon the Greek translation of Aramaic writings. And this changed over the centuries to be virtually uncomparable with the Greek groundtext and most certainly with the Hebrew text.

A small example is the fact that when it talks of animals and humans the hebrew text talks about the same 'nephesh'.

Therefore teaching the christian version of creationism disguised into I.D. as if some actual sound scrutiny of science had been taking part is nothing but pushing the christian agenda forward and putting this on a pinacle.
Thereby creating a cultural devide
One could see it as just a different form of discrimination and even old-school hate stirring in a new jacket.

The only claim I.D. is still being upheld with is the simple mathematics by Sanford to value mutations. Devolution is taken for a fact.(I.D. assumes the 'decadence to deprevation' theory, as does the escatological content of all christian teaching.)
That the mathematical method (it's afterall nothing more but a tool) can be used to also proof neutral as well as forward evolution is usually not considered.

Level 5

Location hidden

#108173 Jan 22, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don' t run answer the question. And again, why are the people of England called the Engllish alone?
Before the holydays i asked what the relevance of this point was.

I declined reading 4000 posts.

But i suppose you had enough time to figure out the answer to this running gag and can therefore produce it straightaway..

I must say it provides a nice secure idea of this thread continuing as usual.
i.e. expect more strange notions in the attempt to present some sort of theory of creation.

Sofar:
Hebrews (the christian book) says Adam could not have been.
The human race all stem from a fired gardener and a drunk sea captain, starting to lay the groundwork for this exemplary progeny about 6000 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 4 min Bovenzi13 2,952
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Zani Grey 224,336
Why Do White People Start Stuff They Can’t Fini... 18 min Boinkface 24
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 18 min Tissue For You 28,800
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 21 min Camilla 2,574
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 23 min Zani Grey 10,517
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 29 min Bovenzi13 4,108
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 3 hr whatimeisit 6,403
More from around the web