Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#107955 Jan 15, 2014
I believe only in creation!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#107956 Jan 15, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
Good for you, do you believe in jew magic too?

Have you read the babble?

What do you make of Genesis 1:2

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Do you not find it contradictory?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#107957 Jan 15, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If God did it then it is life from life in line with biogenesis.
Gen. 1:1
In the beginning [Time]
God created the heavens [Space]
and the Earth [matter]
From matter God creates man.
Genesis 1:1 presupposes God outside time space and matter.
<quoted text> Abiogenesis is an ad hoc exception which violates known laws of Science. It cannot be duplicated or observed. Inert matter insufficient cause to effect life no matter the time or circumstance unless there is a life form to direct the process which would be in line with biogenesis.<do quoted text> Far more of a reasonable assumption then all of the diversity of life happening through non intelligent non directed causes whatever that may be. It is painstaking to observe the length atheists will undertake to delete God out of the picture.
so, your supposed god is life? and he is just energy, right?

so just energy creating life is life from life...

good to know...

St. Croix valley

#107958 Jan 15, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
that would explain why you are just a frog and not an intelligent being...

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#107959 Jan 15, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you, do you believe in jew magic too?
Have you read the babble?
What do you make of Genesis 1:2
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Do you not find it contradictory?
Nope, I don't think it's contradictory at all!

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#107960 Jan 15, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:1 presupposes God outside time space and matter.
FULL STOP!
1. While the man was sleeping, the Lord God took out one of the mans ribs and closed up the flesh at that place.
2. In the cool of the evening, the man and his wife heard the Lord God walking around in the garden.
3. The Lord God made clothes from animal skins for the man and his wife and dressed them.
Doesn't sound so "outside" of time and space to me.
It does sound like a fairy tale to right on up to complete and utter bullshit to me.
That might have something to do with Omnipresence. Refer Isaiah 40:21 > to end of chapter.

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#107961 Jan 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so, your supposed god is life?
Yes and the source of all life.
and he is just energy, right?
so just energy creating life is life from life...
good to know...
Life and sufficient Cause to effect all life. That is the theory. Whereas inert matter absent Intelligence is insufficient cause. It better explains the origins than does alternative non God theories. Not hard to understand ifone can look at with dispassion. That is a big problem with many non believers. Negative emotional reactions.

St. Croix valley

#107962 Jan 15, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That might have something to do with Omnipresence. Refer Isaiah 40:21 > to end of chapter.
so again, energy creating life is not abiogenesis...

St. Croix valley

#107963 Jan 15, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
then you are not capable of understanding simple sentences...

perfect cult fodder!

St. Croix valley

#107965 Jan 15, 2014
Matt JTX wrote:
<quoted text>failed observations about DNA, such that their Darwinian evolution paradigm has collapsed. Not that long ago, junk DNA was being defended as an important element of the Darwinian evolution "yea right"
and since the posting of that comment, haven't we found that that DNA isn't so much junk?

Level 6

#107966 Jan 15, 2014
Spirit67_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh right, do you know the meaning of the word void?

Level 6

#107967 Jan 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and since the posting of that comment, haven't we found that that DNA isn't so much junk?
Yes we have
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107968 Jan 15, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yes and the source of all life. <quoted text> Life and sufficient Cause to effect all life. That is the theory. Whereas inert matter absent Intelligence is insufficient cause. It better explains the origins than does alternative non God theories.
Shame you have no evidence and no theory. That's why your "theory" doesn't actually EXPLAIN anything. Not to mention you just got debunked.

Again.

As usual.

There may or may not be a God, there's no way to tell scientifically. But if it exists? You know all that sciencey stuff you don't like? It did them.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107969 Jan 15, 2014
Matt JTX wrote:
<quoted text>failed observations about DNA, such that their Darwinian evolution paradigm has collapsed. Not that long ago, junk DNA was being defended as an important element of the Darwinian evolution "yea right"
Just one problem - the guy you quoted lied in his first sentence. And you're wrong.

Evolution doesn't predict how much DNA has function either way, but what it DOES predict is the pattern of inheritance. That's something your alternative CAN'T do.

In your position there is no such thing as inheritance.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107970 Jan 15, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Lord! abiogenesis doesn't violate any natural laws?....uh, biogenesis? that life only comes from existing life? ever heard of it? or perhaps using the scientific method you can give us one, just ONE example of inanimate matter coming to life on it's own.
I like your faith based statement that it hasn't been duplicated or observed yet, this speaks well of your beliefs that are based on your faith rather than evidence.
Aah shaddap, Blowhard.
You dote on Pasteur's "law" because it says exactly what you want to hear. It is true that mice do not spawn from sawdust and lint. It is true that by definition life does not exist in a sterile environment. It is false that complex organic chemical reactions/combinations cannot and do not occur without your (or your God's) assistance. How is it that despite enormous interest for thousands of years fanatics have not yet provided any credible evidence of YHWH, but You feel qualified to quickly and loudly defame experiments in organic chemistry which began only a few decades ago? For no other reason than because any rational investigation is a threat to your emotional investment in mythology.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#107971 Jan 15, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh right, do you know the meaning of the word void?
To make it more interesting
I appears to me that TOHU WA BOHU is a
disguised TOKU WA POKU , inside out.

In this case the earth MY DOUBLE, since the hebrew name of g-d means life- connected.
In the concept ligh we find the connection, as in the ancient meaning of logos-lifefire.
And luckily the lightswitch is found and it is good: awareness.
All points to awareness by/of outward actions and judging.
elohim-judges

So christians finding god or jesus missed the entire point. the wrong logos, so to say.

I just let woodtick take the honours.
I also translate gen 1:1differently using the non abstract ancient hebrew.

Level 5

Location hidden

#107972 Jan 15, 2014
possessive determiners, e.g. t&#333;ku (my)
topu , assembled, in a body
It also works in maori polynesian.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107973 Jan 15, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Aah shaddap, Blowhard.
You dote on Pasteur's "law" because it says exactly what you want to hear.
Ah, the fundies THINK it does, but it doesn't. As it's explicitly AGAINST spontaneous generation, it is against creationism. Problem with fundies they aren't very good at grasping basic English, never mind basic science.

Level 5

Location hidden

#107974 Jan 15, 2014
http://www.hebrew-translation.org/hebrew/eloh...
an example
ofcourse the same message is repeated ad nauseam in all sorts of ways troughout the book and on all levels.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#107975 Jan 15, 2014
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> That might have something to do with Omnipresence. Refer Isaiah 40:21 > to end of chapter.

It might have something to do with stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 3 min 40ish 1,668
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min Liam B Neeson 20,451
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 7 min SLY WEST 1,988
Last Word - Spelled Out G*A*M*E 8 min 40ish 53
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 9 min SUG here 3,379
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min curiouslu 147,163
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 18 min Old Sam 25,960
What's your tip for the day? 19 min liam cul8r 1,062
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr SimplyLoveYou 36,489
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 8 hr reebie 5,605