Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164299 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#107772 Dec 26, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree.
You're appear to be under the assumption that the Christian dogma that you observe today, is the same set of beliefs that has been practiced since antiquity, by both Christians AND Jews.
<quoted text>
Ummm......He was a JEWISH RABBI.
I believe if you were to inquire ANY Jewish Rabbi, you would find their beliefs quite consistent with Nahmanides.
But my original comment about Nahmanides was his concept of the instant of Creation.
It sounds familiar, no?
Sure does sound familiar and he believes God did it and said it way before science had an inkling thought of the BBT <<< I think but could be wrong.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#107773 Dec 26, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure does sound familiar and he believes God did it and said it way before science had an inkling thought of the BBT <<< I think but could be wrong.
I don't think anyone here, myself included, would be disappointed if the "root cause" of the BBT would turn out to be a Supreme Being.

Nor the root cause of abiogenesis, or evolution, for that matter.

As of yet, there is no evidence for this Supreme Being, however. It's simple: If there is a God, He used the forces of nature (including those associated with abiogenesis and evolution) to do His bidding.

But the Genesis story is bunk.

As I said previously, evidence for this Deity's existence is not available to factor in His participation.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#107774 Dec 26, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Read a little deeper and you will find:
Nahmanides went on to show that the Biblical prophets regarded the future messiah as a human, a person of flesh and blood, and not as a divinity, in the way that Christians view Jesus. He noted that their promises of a reign of universal peace and justice had not yet been fulfilled. On the contrary, since the appearance of Jesus, the world had been filled with violence and injustice, and among all denominations the Christians were the most warlike.
"[... it seems most strange that...] the Creator of Heaven and Earth resorted to the womb of a certain Jewish lady, grew there for nine months and was born as an infant, and afterwards grew up and was betrayed into the hands of his enemies who sentenced him to death and executed him, and that afterwards... he came to life and returned to his original place. The mind of a Jew, or any other person, simply cannot tolerate these assertions. You have listened all your life to the priests who have filled your brain and the marrow of your bones with this doctrine, and it has settled into you because of that accustomed habit.[I would argue that if you were hearing these ideas for the first time, now, as a grown adult], you would never accept them."

Nice quote.

But I forget what point you might have been trying to make. It seems that he has later day Christiandom pegged to a T. Or would that be nailed to a cross?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#107775 Dec 26, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>

I have no problem with BBT + God, but God does not refute BBT.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#107776 Dec 26, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with BBT + God, but God does not refute BBT.
But modern cosmology (science) DOES refute the literal Genesis.

Whether or not there is a God involved.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#107777 Dec 26, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
But modern cosmology (science) DOES refute the literal Genesis.
Whether or not there is a God involved.
What you don't think gawd said let the water in the sky come to one place and let dry land appear?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107778 Dec 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
The saddest part about it all is it is not a search of the truth. It is about one side against the other side and both sides lie and make shyt up tying to convince people to come to their side. Neither side knows or will ever know the truth about it. The battle between evolutionists and creationists have became as bad if not worse than the battle between democrats and republicans. If your on their side they will tell you what you want to hear and if your not on their side they will lie to you to try to get you on their side. SMDH
You're really not getting it, bub. The battle between the 'evolutionists' and creationists is political. Evolution already won the scientific debate, long before you were born. Today, there IS no scientific debate over whether or not evolution occurred.

By the way, I've never lied to you to try and get you on "my side". I don't even want you on my side anyway.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107779 Dec 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides have lied. It is that simple. If you deny that then you are a liar.
Except when evolutionary scientists have lied it's evolutionary scientists that have exposed them and corrected their claims.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107780 Dec 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The same with all world languages. Henceforth, start using that.
BORNEO OWNS ENGLISH!!! Move on!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#107781 Dec 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that copyright to English traded to Atlantis a few year back for the copyright to UNIX?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#107782 Dec 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides have lied. It is that simple. If you deny that then you are a liar.
I cannot speak for every post written for both sides.

I simply want you to back your claims of parity with some real examples, because I doubt you can do it.

We don't need lies and in this evolution debate and I have never knowingly told one in defence of evolution.

So I expect some substance from you, not just blind accusations.

And I expect that you know this is the case but making the claim you have is your own last ditch attempt not to confront the overwhelming weight of evidence that you know is on the side of evolution.

Level 6

Location hidden

#107783 Dec 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
We have good evidence of the BBT. And of evolution, for that matter. None of these things disprove God, only the specific local creation tradition of some primitive goatherds.

And still waiting for a straight answer from you about the lies you claimed have been told on the forum in order to support evolution or the BBT. Admit it, you have nothing substantial.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#107784 Dec 28, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have good evidence of the BBT. And of evolution, for that matter. None of these things disprove God, only the specific local creation tradition of some primitive goatherds.
And still waiting for a straight answer from you about the lies you claimed have been told on the forum in order to support evolution or the BBT. Admit it, you have nothing substantial.
I said both sides lie. And both sides do. I id not claim that for this forum. I claim in general. Both sides have lied and made shyt up. We all know it.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#107786 Dec 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I said both sides lie. And both sides do. I id not claim that for this forum. I claim in general. Both sides have lied and made shyt up. We all know it.
I very very rarely see evolutionists lie. Sometimes a mistake can be made. That is not a lie. And many creationists may be honest and only make the mistake of using lying sources.

But there are clearly creationists that lie. Kent Hovvind is my favorite example. He lied not only about evolution, he lied about how much he owed in taxes. The former has no penalty. He learned the hard way that the latter does have a very severe penalty.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#107787 Dec 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I very very rarely see evolutionists lie. Sometimes a mistake can be made. That is not a lie. And many creationists may be honest and only make the mistake of using lying sources.
But there are clearly creationists that lie. Kent Hovvind is my favorite example. He lied not only about evolution, he lied about how much he owed in taxes. The former has no penalty. He learned the hard way that the latter does have a very severe penalty.
I see evolutionists lie all the time and it is historically represented by many Eugenics movements. Nowadays, it's usually a politically motivated endorsement of homosexuality but often times it's some rationalization for endorsing corporate greed. I posted a link just a couple of days ago where some economics magazine was taking a current science article and turning it into a condemnation of primitive inbreds, more than a bit ironic considering the breeding habits of aristocratic dynasties.

Mistake or lie? Sorry. "Mistake" is a word game for someone who hasn't been held accountable as yet..

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#107788 Dec 28, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I see evolutionists lie all the time and it is historically represented by many Eugenics movements. Nowadays, it's usually a politically motivated endorsement of homosexuality but often times it's some rationalization for endorsing corporate greed. I posted a link just a couple of days ago where some economics magazine was taking a current science article and turning it into a condemnation of primitive inbreds, more than a bit ironic considering the breeding habits of aristocratic dynasties.
Mistake or lie? Sorry. "Mistake" is a word game for someone who hasn't been held accountable as yet..
So do you consider evolutionists those scientists and thinkers that accept the theory and/or work in the field? Or do you consider that group more broadly to include all those that use or misuse the information taken from the field? It sounds like the latter. Being that inclusive, as the driver of a car, I can be considered an automotive manufacturer.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#107789 Dec 28, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is that you're a very sad creature.
Likewise.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#107790 Dec 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And by that, the people of Borneo would have been known as the English, but not, who is now the liar?

Level 6

Location hidden

#107791 Dec 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You said both sides lie, and we both know you said it in order to imply parity in the case for each side, and you did not exclude this forum.

Now give us examples of evolutionists lying to support their case as creationists have lied to support theirs. Its funny to watch you wriggle as you splutter and babble trying to back out of your claim.

Here are some concrete examples of creationists / IDers being caught in actual lies, some of which were used by creatards right here.

Lie: Coe and Prevot's work in fluctuations in a single magnetic reversal event supports the idea of daily reversals during a "flood" period.

Lie: The RATE deliberate attempts to fool radiometric daters show radiometric dating is unreliable.

Lie: There are no intermediates in the fossil record.

Lie: The nested hierarchy is a made up system that can be applied to any collection of objects.

Lie: We can calculate the odds against abiogenesis (when we do not even know the proposed process)

Lie: The flagellum and the clotting cascade are irreducibly complex.

Lie: All multicellular creatures appeared at the same time in the Cambrian Explosion.

Lie: hypervariable parts of the mtDNA can be used to calibrate the rate of change of the slower mutating parts of the mtDNA

Lie: spiral galaxies cannot maintain their shape for billions of years

Lie: life violates the second law of thermodynamics

Lie: junk DNA is a core and necessary part of the theory of evolution

---------
Every damned day when I log in here I see more utter bollocks being promulgated by creationists / ID ers, which for the most part (i.e. the first 100 times they say it), gets refuted with facts and logic from the actual science. After that, yeah, we get impatient with lying little turds.

But you cannot come up with anything remotely comparable to that list up there just off the top of my head, just feeble attempts to soften your claim without retracting it.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#107792 Dec 29, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said both sides lie, and we both know you said it in order to imply parity in the case for each side, and you did not exclude this forum.
Now give us examples of evolutionists lying to support their case as creationists have lied to support theirs. Its funny to watch you wriggle as you splutter and babble trying to back out of your claim.
Here are some concrete examples of creationists / IDers being caught in actual lies, some of which were used by creatards right here.
Lie: Coe and Prevot's work in fluctuations in a single magnetic reversal event supports the idea of daily reversals during a "flood" period.
Lie: The RATE deliberate attempts to fool radiometric daters show radiometric dating is unreliable.
Lie: There are no intermediates in the fossil record.
Lie: The nested hierarchy is a made up system that can be applied to any collection of objects.
Lie: We can calculate the odds against abiogenesis (when we do not even know the proposed process)
Lie: The flagellum and the clotting cascade are irreducibly complex.
Lie: All multicellular creatures appeared at the same time in the Cambrian Explosion.
Lie: hypervariable parts of the mtDNA can be used to calibrate the rate of change of the slower mutating parts of the mtDNA
Lie: spiral galaxies cannot maintain their shape for billions of years
Lie: life violates the second law of thermodynamics
Lie: junk DNA is a core and necessary part of the theory of evolution
---------
Every damned day when I log in here I see more utter bollocks being promulgated by creationists / ID ers, which for the most part (i.e. the first 100 times they say it), gets refuted with facts and logic from the actual science. After that, yeah, we get impatient with lying little turds.
But you cannot come up with anything remotely comparable to that list up there just off the top of my head, just feeble attempts to soften your claim without retracting it.
Again are you telling me that no scientists, no one that has researched for evidence of evolution has never lied about their research? Falsified their research? Falsified their findings?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 3 min Lemmy is God II 56,893
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 7 min Lawrence Wolf 14
unjumble - jumble 6 letter words 10 min Doug77 351
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,838
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 12 min Hoosier Hillbilly 31,976
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 4,581
Things that make life eaiser... 16 min Go Blue Forever 625
Threads Nobody Reads 42 min Makes since to me 9
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 1 hr Stephany McDowell 639
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Wolftracks 163,019