Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201740 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#107732 Dec 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you >completely< missed the point once you saw the words masturbate and ejaculate.
I'm underwhelmed by your intellectual prowess.
His intellectual prowess is as vast as the day **TODAY** is long. ;-)

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107733 Dec 21, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
His intellectual prowess is as vast as the day **TODAY** is long. ;-)
Oh, right.. I almost missed it.. thanx.

Happy Yule! A bit warm for it but I'll have to burn a log in the fireplace tonight. Honoring Odin, the Disir and the ancestors and all that... Good for the soul.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#107735 Dec 22, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why when you get an answer that you can’t cope with do you always extend the question?
You really would think that the way you question some things that you would question your god book and belief in magic a little but more.
wWho created your very first ancestors?

Level 2

Location hidden

#107736 Dec 22, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why when you get an answer that you can’t cope with do you always extend the question?
You really would think that the way you question some things that you would question your god book and belief in magic a little but more.
In everything there must be a first, who then created that first man and woman?

Level 2

Location hidden

#107737 Dec 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
But in order to pass on ownership after death it's put in a will. Since "England has ownership" there should be MILLIONS of these to be found.
All you need to do is present one.
English originated in England, that is why the people are called the English, no people other than the people of England are called that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#107738 Dec 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Hwæt! We Gardena in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum ..."
That's English.
The same with all world languages. Henceforth, start using that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#107739 Dec 22, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you can tell me what the ownership of English has to do with the topic of this forum: evolution vs creation.
Clearly you are out of arguments. Everyrhing you thought you had went down in flames.
Accept the truth and move on.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Roeselare, Belgium

#107740 Dec 22, 2013
How anyone can take creationism serious is beyond my imagination.
If people really believe that humans and dinosaurs co-existed, they might have to see a shrink , seriously.
in the words of lewis black : "these people watch the flintstones, as if it were a documentary" hahaha
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#107741 Dec 22, 2013
veroma wrote:
How anyone can take creationism serious is beyond my imagination.
If people really believe that humans and dinosaurs co-existed, they might have to see a shrink , seriously.
in the words of lewis black : "these people watch the flintstones, as if it were a documentary" hahaha
We certainly do co-exist to this day with dinosaurs. Birds are dinosaurs. Granted, they are one branch of the theropoda clade but it is what it is.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#107742 Dec 22, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Causally cross breeding... Lol...
"Hey Hug you see ass on that hairy ape?... Me get some when nag shut eyes tonight"...
High comedy !!!!
I'd say that the differences between Neanderthals and Sapiens were small enough that they weren't too fussy. The reality is that you'll need to go back to early examples of Sapien to find the cross breeding, as you'd likely have to do to observe cross-breeding between Denisovans and Homo Erectus. It's not like they were carrying around membership cards or using a secret hand shake to know who was who.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#107743 Dec 22, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
We certainly do co-exist to this day with dinosaurs. Birds are dinosaurs. Granted, they are one branch of the theropoda clade but it is what it is.
This is racy?....judge-its are just plain silly.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#107744 Dec 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Accept the truth and move on.
The truth is that you're a very sad creature.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#107745 Dec 22, 2013
The saddest part about it all is it is not a search of the truth. It is about one side against the other side and both sides lie and make shyt up tying to convince people to come to their side. Neither side knows or will ever know the truth about it. The battle between evolutionists and creationists have became as bad if not worse than the battle between democrats and republicans. If your on their side they will tell you what you want to hear and if your not on their side they will lie to you to try to get you on their side. SMDH
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#107746 Dec 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
The saddest part about it all is it is not a search of the truth. It is about one side against the other side and both sides lie and make shyt up tying to convince people to come to their side. Neither side knows or will ever know the truth about it. The battle between evolutionists and creationists have became as bad if not worse than the battle between democrats and republicans. If your on their side they will tell you what you want to hear and if your not on their side they will lie to you to try to get you on their side. SMDH
The Evolution "side" doesn't have much to gain by their views. Granted, I'll certainly profile liberals who want to rationalize a few things as using Evolution for political advantage, but you seem to imply that evolution = liberal = anti-God. It's kind of a "which came first" scenario. Evolution is science based on empirical evidence that simply does not support the literal interpretation of most holy books.

We've been there before. As soon as you name the beast, the fanatics come out of the closet with all of their rhetoric and trash talk. If you want to go there, we can go there. Most of the people on this thread don't want to though. It's only the "troubled" people who really want to hurt others who keep steering it back to those wedge issues.

Personally, I am not out to kill God, nor am I trying to steer the discussion to monkey love. I'm not trying to thump a Bible and condemn people. I'm not peddling some nut-job eugenics theory either. Send up a flag when someone has a Creationist theory with some merit, or just call the whole thing a test of faith, but don't question the time-tested credibility of Evolution science with one sweeping gesture of condemnation simply because you don't know the reason for everything.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#107748 Dec 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
No, its a search for truth by one side using empirical evidence and logic, and the dislike of the potential consequences of those truths by the other side.

Its that simple.

Level 6

Location hidden

#107749 Dec 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Accept the truth and move on.
Public Domain

noun: public domain; plural noun: public domains
the state of belonging or being available to the public as a whole, especially through not being subject to copyright or other legal restrictions.

English is not subject to copyright or legal restrictions of any kind and as such the concept of ownership is meaningless. End of story. Months of argument wasted over a meaningless claim by you.

As to evolution, it is independently corroborated by multiple lines of scientific evidence, and no amount of your Godly bellyaching is going to change the fact that it is accepted by the overwhelming majority of scientists and educated laymen.

Perhaps its time YOU accepted the truth and moved on. You can keep God if it pleases you, but you cannot ditch evolution just because you don't like it.

Level 6

Location hidden

#107750 Dec 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Describe the lies you claim evolutionists have had to tell in trying to persuade you to accept their views.

Looks to me like this attempt to claim parity on both sides is your own last ditch effort to reject the science because you don't like the consequences, as you see them, of accepting evolution.

That is no argument, its a cop out.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#107751 Dec 23, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, its a search for truth by one side using empirical evidence and logic, and the dislike of the potential consequences of those truths by the other side.
Its that simple.
That's still a word game. There's truth and then there's Truth. Sounds silly? Well....

What it comes down to with the faithful is how they rationalize abstract concepts that really are beyond their comprehension. Idemi obsesses on death. Other people need a purpose. Some people just feel an inner need to be told what to think, but you'll never convince them of those obvious things because they all share a need to grapple with the infinite even though they have absolutely no way to grapple with the infinite.

You can throw irrational numbers at them, You can talk about the Big Bang as a cyclical loop. It doesn't matter. They are convinced that it's a lie if they can't personally build a leash to hold and control it. Selfish intent is the rule and no matter how you approach the subject, they will be convinced of YOUR selfish intent as a means of hiding THEIR selfish intent. The problem is most people ARE selfish......so where do we go from here?

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#107755 Dec 25, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Describe the lies you claim evolutionists have had to tell in trying to persuade you to accept their views.
Looks to me like this attempt to claim parity on both sides is your own last ditch effort to reject the science because you don't like the consequences, as you see them, of accepting evolution.
I am kind of curious about those claimed lies myself.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#107756 Dec 25, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides have lied. It is that simple. If you deny that then you are a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 3 min razz58 202
2words into 2new words (May '12) 11 min honeymylove 2,931
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min Denise Crane 58,193
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 36 min grace-fallen 32,697
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 47 min Princess Hey 3,698
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 56 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 19,883
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Princess Hey 59,581
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sharlene45 194,688
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr beatlesinthebog 7,892
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 3 hr Lucy the Worst 8,538
More from around the web