Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
101,981 - 102,000 of 114,555 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107630
Dec 13, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Because it was a backwater, minor little nowhere.
when Pompey finally strode through the gates of jerusalem had long since passed its economic and cultural zenith. Cicero even called it the "hole in the corner" of the Roman empire. the only reason they were even allowed to keep their temple was it was a good way to rule the jews via the high priests they picked.
even when the babylonians conquered the area, Cyrus let the jews return to jerusalem because he considered them an irrelevant backwater of little interest or concern to an empire that stretched across Asia... the jews felt so grateful for this, the prophet Isaiah anointed Cyrus as messiah.
history is fun!
Maybe they were just humble enough to not wanna go a conquer everything that they laid their eyes on like we see in the Caucasians and the Mongolians...tearing the land as they thirsted only for MORE power and MORE territory. Yea, maybe they weren't that much of a threat because they were humble enough to appreciate what they had, which the "big guys" to for weakness!

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107631
Dec 13, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...it was not jewish history they were keeping in their tax and census records...it was their own..
the followers of jesus only became large in numbers when paul started teaching his own heretical (to jesus and his apostles) ideology to the gentiles....
have you actually done any study of this issue at all beyond your sunday school teachings as a child? you seem to have a child's level of understanding of the history of this time.
sorry you cannot even understand the topic here...
there are no hebrew records of this supposed census either, dear.
do you really want to keep attempting to talk about things you clearly have no understanding of at all?
That little insult tactic isn't gonna work, boo-boo!! Anyway U were the one (if I'm not mistaken) that suggested that the Romans didn't have records of Hebrew events...even though there are figures from both sides having intermingled, i.e. Jewish priests and Roman senators and guards, Caesar, Herod, Pilate, and Saul all have interconnected with Jesus, Peter, Mary, Judas, and John the baptist all at separate points of time within that window of history...yet the Hebrews kept full record of these exchanges. The Romans governed over the Hebrew people at that time which is historical fact so why would the Romans deny the history of its dealings with the Hebrews?!

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107632
Dec 13, 2013
 
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad. I missed the bit where you mentioned mountains and from there I just assumed you were talking about the silly creationist "ice canopy theory".
This can sometimes be a problem when you have a limited amount of time for lunchbreak and your computers slow as shit pieces of crap, sometimes you find yourself skimming things quickly.
<quoted text>
Dunno who's leaving, but feel free to check the history of the evolution forum. I've been posting for years.
<quoted text>
I am registered. Have been for quite a while. But I don't bother using it because there's no need to sign in to post. This is especially useful in preventing from crappy pc's from crashing.
<quoted text>
Nah, I'm just the Dude.
Just to let you know though I have had the occasional impersonator over the years. Yet it takes me but mere seconds to show how foolish they are for trying, for there is one very important distinction between me and the socks:
The Dude abides. They do not.
Well put...fa' sho!!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107633
Dec 13, 2013
 
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>That little insult tactic isn't gonna work, boo-boo!! Anyway U were the one (if I'm not mistaken) that suggested that the Romans didn't have records of Hebrew events...even though there are figures from both sides having intermingled, i.e. Jewish priests and Roman senators and guards, Caesar, Herod, Pilate, and Saul all have interconnected with Jesus, Peter, Mary, Judas, and John the baptist all at separate points of time within that window of history...yet the Hebrews kept full record of these exchanges. The Romans governed over the Hebrew people at that time which is historical fact so why would the Romans deny the history of its dealings with the Hebrews?!
The Romans had very good records. That is why we know that certain aspects of the Christmas story was bullshit. For example, though the Romans did have some censuses, they did not have one anywhere near the time of Jesus' birth. Nor did people have to return to the cities of their birth for these censuses.

So that is two strikes against the Luke version of the Christmas story. Third there is no evidence that Herod ordered the killing of young Jewish males ever in his reign.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107634
Dec 13, 2013
 
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>The Holy Roman Empire "took care" of a lot of THAT evidence, couldn't U agree?! U don't remember how Israel has been at the whim of damn near every empire that has arose in that area?!...even before it was called Israel?! They haven't always been powerless but these last 1200-1500 years has really so-called "tested the faith" of the Hebrews!
So, the Bible is true because The Councils of Constantinople "took care" of a lot of THAT evidence. oka-ay then 0.o

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107635
Dec 13, 2013
 
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe they were just humble enough to not wanna go a conquer everything that they laid their eyes on like we see in the Caucasians and the Mongolians...tearing the land as they thirsted only for MORE power and MORE territory. Yea, maybe they weren't that much of a threat because they were humble enough to appreciate what they had, which the "big guys" to for weakness!
you forget about their own cleansing of their 'holy land'...

you really do not have a clue as to what you are talking about here...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107636
Dec 13, 2013
 
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>That little insult tactic isn't gonna work, boo-boo!! Anyway U were the one (if I'm not mistaken) that suggested that the Romans didn't have records of Hebrew events...even though there are figures from both sides having intermingled, i.e. Jewish priests and Roman senators and guards, Caesar, Herod, Pilate, and Saul all have interconnected with Jesus, Peter, Mary, Judas, and John the baptist all at separate points of time within that window of history...yet the Hebrews kept full record of these exchanges. The Romans governed over the Hebrew people at that time which is historical fact so why would the Romans deny the history of its dealings with the Hebrews?!
no, you totally misunderstood my post, and history. again...

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107637
Dec 13, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and that has what to do with you proving you do not even have enough sense to notice the dude is not one of many sock puppets?
It has to do with a person not having to be a child to think deceiving U by typing in a slightly different format and using another moniker!!...if I wanted to create a different profile to antagonize the posters that I'm in disagreement with, I would change the way I type also, so I could curse and use explicit language and no one would know...that's my point!!!...and it wouldn't have taken a seventh grader to figure that out in the context of my response to your post!!! So who's the one thinking on a middle school level?! It's U!!!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107638
Dec 13, 2013
 
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem.
<quoted text>
The fake woodtick57 comes to mind.
i think that is a fan of mine from the US politics forum, from where i post...one stupid enough to not understand that calling me gay wouldn't be an insult to me, as i have no problem with homosexuality.

small minds...what'ya gonna do?(outside of weep for the future of our species...)

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107639
Dec 13, 2013
 
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>I argue creation to a point and the same, for me, goes for ToE! Some things about evolution I can agree with as I love science and follow the new discoveries and breakthroughs that it offers. And I also could agree with creation TO A POINT!! Now, the global flood may not have actually been "global" but there are other records outside of the Bible that speaks about a flood. It just as well may have felt like it was the entire world to the people who probably wasn't really aware of how big Earth really is. Ok, rising from the dead...hmmm!...um, I don't really know about that unless we could rationalize by saying maybe a person might have just been unconscious or in a coma and so happen to come "to" in front of witnesses that thought he/she was dead and proclaimed it as a miracle or something!!! Maybe!! Now, talking serpents...I don't want really wanna deal with what that could've been about for it will take us to another realm of thought which U are closed off to!! I can tell ya this...the Sumerians also recorded something similar!!
Anyone who claims that a flood within recorded human history "might not have actually been global" does >not< "love science." As for the rest, one might doubt there is much fondness for reality, either.

“Shrug is all I know”

Since: Dec 13

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107640
Dec 13, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> i think that is a fan of mine from the US politics forum, from where i post...one stupid enough to not understand that calling me gay wouldn't be an insult to me, as i have no problem with homosexuality.
small minds...what'ya gonna do?(outside of weep for the future of our species...)
(Shrug)

“Shrug is all I know”

Since: Dec 13

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107641
Dec 13, 2013
 
Shrug shrug shrug! Shrug shrug shrug shrug shrug shrug?(Shrug)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107642
Dec 13, 2013
 
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>It has to do with a person not having to be a child to think deceiving U by typing in a slightly different format and using another moniker!!...if I wanted to create a different profile to antagonize the posters that I'm in disagreement with, I would change the way I type also, so I could curse and use explicit language and no one would know...that's my point!!!...and it wouldn't have taken a seventh grader to figure that out in the context of my response to your post!!! So who's the one thinking on a middle school level?! It's U!!!
sure pal...sure..

are you saying you are a frequent poster here using a different name?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107643
Dec 13, 2013
 
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>The Holy Roman Empire "took care" of a lot of THAT evidence, couldn't U agree?! U don't remember how Israel has been at the whim of damn near every empire that has arose in that area?!...even before it was called Israel?! They haven't always been powerless but these last 1200-1500 years has really so-called "tested the faith" of the Hebrews!
Nope. They didn't erase their tax records, their census records, their records of the execution of Jewish criminals.

And are you suggesting that they edited Egyptian records (which are excellent), too?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107644
Dec 13, 2013
 
DeAngelo of Memphis wrote:
<quoted text>Well put...fa' sho!!
Indeedy.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107645
Dec 13, 2013
 
The Dumb Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
(Shrug)
that would be the response of the dude abiding...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107646
Dec 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that would be the response of the dude abiding...
The most dumb and blood sucking TICK on topix.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107647
Dec 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
The most dumb and blood sucking TICK on topix.
i have fans! i'd like to thank my producer, my agent, all the little people...oh you do love me! you really love me!!!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107648
Dec 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. They didn't erase their tax records, their census records, their records of the execution of Jewish criminals.
And are you suggesting that they edited Egyptian records (which are excellent), too?
C'mon, Mac. Erasing the Semitic history is obviously a conspiracy by the ROMAN Catholics to discredit the Christians. They've been at it since at least 2,250 BC. Why else would the Romans have built their capital practically on top of the Vatican? And if the Egyptian records were so great, how come there's no record of the Illuminati headquarters at the Lighthouse of Alexandria? Huh? Huh?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107649
Dec 13, 2013
 
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon, Mac. Erasing the Semitic history is obviously a conspiracy by the ROMAN Catholics to discredit the Christians. They've been at it since at least 2,250 BC. Why else would the Romans have built their capital practically on top of the Vatican? And if the Egyptian records were so great, how come there's no record of the Illuminati headquarters at the Lighthouse of Alexandria? Huh? Huh?
Laffin. You forgot the Colossus of Pharos, and the Lighthouse of Alexandria...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••